• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: The Last Story is Coming to Europe

InsertNameHere said:
First Inazuma Eleven, now this? (Among other things, but just with stuff I've been interested in)
First was Terranigma. ;_;

Still, over their histories NOA's published a lot more RPGs that NOE hasn't than vice versa. Inazuma Eleven didn't even get a full European release either, UK got canned.

DaBuddaDa

Fantastical said:
Don't forget that it will retroactively make Xenoblade in stereoscopic 3D while making you coffee when the game boots.
Seriously, FUCK NoA if it doesn't feed me my mountain dew and cheetos while I waggle.

Ledsen

Not that I'm happy about this, but... This is how it felt when we never got Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 4, Final Fantasy 6, Earthbound, Xenogears, Final Fantasy Tactics, Super Mario RPG, Chrono Cross, Lunar 1, Lunar 2, and dozens of other games. Except back then the only way to play them was by getting a US system or one of those super expensive copying devices. No emulators, no homebrew. You've got it GOOD.

/still bitter

dvolovets said:
Good point... that one never made much sense to me, but maybe it had something to do with commercial/critical reception?

My critical reaction is that it's an amazing game, which everyone should play.

Best £7 I ever spent.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Dedication Through Light said:
Still waiting for my Inazuma Eleven DS...

Lucky for Europe!
Just import it. You don't even need to homebrew, since there's no region locking.
Door2Dawn said:
The ability to join a multiplayer game without waiting doesn't seem all that amazing to me. I mean aren't they're already games out there that can do that?
That little touch would do so much to make it seem that Nintendo cares a little about dedicated gamers right now. Only three Wii games shown, but they're all top quality titles we've been clamouring for. Would gel with the focus on the focus on the traditional gamer they seem to be taking for the immediate future.
Come on, do it Nintendo.

DaBuddaDa

There is a market in the US pulsating, writhing, seething, clawing for anything resembling a console JRPG. Nintendo would be foolish to pass on these if they're already being localized for English speakers.

Chacranajxy said:
I'll keep the rage in check until E3. When they don't announce it at E3, I think it's completely fair to rage, and rage hard.

No doubt. All this damn silence from NOA has been extremely frustrating. They say games are on the way and they had better be ready to deliver at E3.

Reminder that no fully voiced RPG localization has ever been done solely for Europe before. The question is whether the sheer awfulness of NOA will trump historical precedent.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Dascu said:
I wonder if it'll make 2011 or if it'll be an early 2012 title.
2012 I'd say. With Xenoblade in September and Skyward Sword probably coming in the holiday, it would make sense to release this, and maybe Pandora's Tower (crossing fingers...) to help fill the Wii-Cafe transitional drought and keep the localization team busy.

Maybe they could release a subtitled only (like some of the Yakuza releases) Pandora's Tower as a budget title if they didn't see a full localisation as worthwhile?
Hey, it's nice to dream.
Father_Brain said:
Reminder that no fully voiced RPG localization has ever been done solely for Europe before. The question is whether the sheer awfulness of NOA will trump historical precedent.
I'm hoping that NOE are doing the localization, so it will include the Japanese track like Xenoblade.

apana

Father_Brain said:

How long can they keep a console going while publishing zero games for it? I think they want to find out. They can't even blame third parties when they have no faith in their own userbase.

Shiggy

Father_Brain said:

They certainly will, but not with The Last Story.

eXistor

That would be an amazing swansong for the Wii: Skyward Sword, that Kirby game, the Last Story and Xenoblade. Good stuff man, good stuff.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
eXistor said:
That would be an amazing swansong for the Wii: Skyward Sword, that Kirby game, the Last Story and Xenoblade. Good stuff man, good stuff.
It's great when a console goes out with a bang. And it gets people more enthusiastic for the next console if it doesn't feel like the last one has been totally lacking in quality software for ages.
Maybe Nintendo finally figured this out?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Any idea how this plays on Dolphin? That would be a lot less of a hassle than modding my Wii and would look a lot better anyway. And before anyone says "you have to mod it to rip games!" I nabbed a LG 8164B for cheap last year. Painfully slow ripping, but it works.

And for that matter, how does Xenoblade run? I heard there were some issues with fog or some effect, and it didn't display right. If that's the case I'll just end up modding anyway if NoA fails us.

Shiggy

My last attempt...

laststorydqj9.jpg

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Shiggy said:
Wait, you changed your avatar. I didn't even notice you posted in this thread until now...

Well, I feel better about this. I don't care as long as it's in English, plus if it gets announced I get that spot on my E3 bingo card! For that matter, I also have Xenoblade as a no-show, which you may be implying with that previous comment.

RPGCrazied

Now this is getting just ridiculous. First Xenoblade and now The Last Story, for EU? I'm hoping they are going to announce these two at E3 for NA, but if not, even with a hacked Wii, I might just tell Nintendo to fuck off on this one.

Ah excellent, now all I need is news about rhythm heaven/paradise wii coming to Europe.
(pretty sure both Xenoblade and Last Story will reach America, they are likely holding announcements off so that the wii actually gets something revealed at the E3 Nintendo conference amongst the 3DS and Cafe shuffle)

linko9

I swear to god, if Xenoblade and Last Story are not announced for NA at E3... I will be very angry.

I guess the worst part about this is that as a consumer, I feel powerless. I'm sure these games would make money for Nintendo if they were released in NA, especially considering they're already going to be translated for Europe, but they're not even giving me a chance to vote with my wallet.

Kaizer

Banned
E3 is the only hope now, if Nintendo misses this chance, good god I'll be pissed, My Wii has been collecting dust for months, the only reason I've kept it so far is for a chance to play at least one of these games.

If all else fails, it'll be CFW and importing for me. I'll be damned if I never get to play Xenoblade or The Last Story when they're translated.

Let me in

TunaLover said:
Reggie clearly has something against Monolith, I think he got too scare with BKO sales.
Right, less than a month before the Wii launch and with no marketing support. Surely he's not that dense.

hipgnosis

NoE has been full of win in recent weeks.

First we got Inazuma Eleven. Solatorobo is being released this summer. Xenoblade gets a release and now The Last Story might get released.

When did this get so awesome?

Top Bottom