• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.
smurfx said:
but i want ryu. :(
I want a Hsien-Ko that doesn't suck ass, but we can't always get what we want.
lupinko said:
I give several hints to one of these cryptic puzzles, and people still can't figure it out. lol
We've still got work to do, people.
mr. puppy said:
alright does anybody else just want to see lupinko and smurfx's avatars make out?
Once we figure out the next character we can move on to this topic posthaste.

lupinko

C'mon gaf, you're slipping, other forums are far ahead of you, but like you still can't figure it out, but somewhat there.

Ok, that's it for helping, for realz.

lupinko

So much for being the premier videogame discussion board. I say go one way, and you all go the other! smh

whoops, talk about a gaffe, too much info. haha

Caj814

Latest one is obviously
lupinko Lance Lingos
Watch me and tremble, for I bring the purity of oblivion to your world
57 minutes ago
EDFq2.jpg

This is mostly an American videogame forum. Most people are probably still sleeping. Hell, I'm only active because I'm studying for a test.
lupinko said:
So much for being the premier videogame discussion board. I say go one way, and you all go the other! smh

whoops, talk about a gaffe, too much info. haha
Here I thought my test would be the cause of an aneurysm.

SolarPowered said:
Looks like another one is down then. This guy could totally be the new Thanos of the cast. He'd be fast, huge and strong as fuck.

It's not that straightforward though, maybe Apocalypse is a hint for Cable...... although between those 2 I would prefer Pokey.

robot

Spanish Wrath said:
Give me Sentry or give me hell, damn.

Also, Hawkeye would be awesome.
Hawkeye makes sense given the Avengers movie is next year. Is he the only one not in the game right now?

I kinda agree. Right now I have the opposite opinion toward assists as SolarPowered; I don't think there are enough assists that are as effective on defense as Tron and Haggar currently are.
Well, if we are going to have invulnerable assists, then yes, I agree, we need a lot more of them. I'm not so much upset about Tron/Haggar assist as I am upset that I only have Tron/Haggar assist to choose from if I want something like that.

- Be able to manually terminate gold armor early so that he can avoid the way-too-harsh punishment that he gets when the timer runs out.
I would rather him have the ability to refresh Gold Armor.

I meant that I'd like to see this expanded on. Just what her problems are exactly. There is no way I expect you are anyone else to dissect her matchups for me, especially when she is obviously no worth the time and effort.
I think Hsien-ko's biggest problems are:
1) Henkyo Ki should be a command normal; b.H.
2) No comboability. What other character has combos that are this boring and straight forward, with no "advanced" options?
3) Anki Hou bombs are terrible. Give them a hitbox so she can pressure from afar consistently.

I give several hints to one of these cryptic puzzles, and people still can't figure it out. lol
Any chance at some hints about the netcode improving? :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I jus woke up and WHAT THE FUCK.

Reading through again now. Damn how you expect GAF to keep up when were all asleep.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
robot said:
Hawkeye makes sense given the Avengers movie is next year. Is he the only one not in the game right now?
They put Taskmaster in cause Marvel wouldn't let them put Hawkeye in.

enzo_gt said:
They put Taskmaster in cause Marvel wouldn't let them put Hawkeye in.

Well Taskmaster is to Hawkeye and Black Knight what Super Skrull is to the F4, he's more than the sum of his parts easily. I really hope they don't put in Hawkeye now :lol

Dahbomb said:
Hsien Ko has so many problems that it's difficult to narrow it down to even 10 things.

I suppose there's a reason she's not used at high level, but I kick serious ass with Hsien-Ko. Actually I love having her out there. Combos might not be high damage, but her normals make it easy to catch people. Following gongs with senpu bu is an easy way move around quickly (and fairly safely) to get in close. Projectiles every once in awhile to change it up if it's safe. f+h is a good anti-jump in. qcb hyper is an easy otg for a thc. Gold hyper armor is not only good for assists, but also effective at the endgame if you have to make a comeback and all you need is one chance at a combo.

SolarPowered said:
Yeah, Gustav Flame and Lariat assist are currently the most braindead assists in the game. Their use for mixups is a good thing, but they are way too rewarding as it stands. Ducking under haggar doesn't mean shit if the damned thing lasts as long as it does either. It would probably still be the longest assist in the game after a cut.

Oh, and fuck that super armor bullshit. You are out of your mind if you think it is fair to give someone who has 1.2 million health super armor on assist when he already has an assist that is invulnerable for such a long time. Hell, it would still have the most invul frames in the game even if it was cut down.

Super armor on Haggar assist, get the fuck out of here...

That in conjunction with the clothesline is a good idea in my opinion. This armor hyper business needs to die in a fire, though.

I specifically stated Haggar should get super armour that's cancelled if he's tagged out to prevent it being usable with his assist. Further still you can punish Haggar whilst crouching before the lariat ends, it has overt weaknesses unlike Tron's which only really suffers against beam hypers.

If your issue is with it being with your ability to get mix-ups off of it you might as well take half the assists out of the game.

Neki

Tron fire assist is easily exploited by low attacks that duck under the fire, or hit before she shoots out a flame too. :p

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ultimoo said:
Tron fire assist is easily exploited by low attacks that duck under the fire, or hit before she shoots out a flame too. :p

That 2 frame window only works if you're not getting cockslapped in the face by Wolverine or smashed in the head by Ammy's chewtoy at the same time.

She's invulnerable before the flame shoots out - I WISH it were that easy. Not every character has a low attack that can exploit the fire, either. Sure, if you're She-Hulk or Deadpool, it's not a big deal.

Yes because we all know MvC is a serious fighter with no characters with dumb weapons / powers.
He was repeating one of Hsien-ko's win quotes.

Neki

I suppose so, Ammy and She-Hulk blow up the tron assist the most in my matches. I say we go back to invincible AA assists from MvC2 instead! :p

Spirit of Jazz said:
I specifically stated Haggar should get super armour that's cancelled if he's tagged out to prevent it being usable with his assist. Further still you can punish Haggar whilst crouching before the lariat ends, it has overt weaknesses unlike Tron's which only really suffers against beam hypers.

If your issue is with it being with your ability to get mix-ups off of it you might as well take half the assists out of the game.
I also specifically stated that I made a mistake when I read it hours ago. I only have a problem with the assists if they pair that ridiculously well with the upper echelon of the cast. Someone in the Marvel thread explained the idea of assists buffing overall teams and it makes so much sense that it should be one of the first things that Capcom looks at if they are planning on toning down the top quarter of the roster. There is a huge difference between wanting all mixups gone and making it possible for other characters to get in.

As someone who obviously knows Haggar and wants to see his matchups improve I wouldn't believe if it if you told me that you would like Phoenix exactly as she is in SMvC3. Haggar will need some tweaking to make him better and Phoenix is going to need some toning down. You shouldn't be all that defensive about the lariat if something as simple as a change in it's duration could improve it's effectiveness and improve the experience on a team level as opposed to a full on character nerf.
Ultimoo said:
I wonder how many attacks besides beam hypers and Haggar's lariat assist are actually effective against Gustav flame.

I'd probably struggle to come up with a list of five normal attacks that beat Tron assist and you'd be bullshiting(not getting aggressive, but this is the best word I could come up with given the nature of how crazy good the flame is) if you said that it there is an effective non-hyper strategy against Tron+Sent, Phoenix+Tron, Wolverine+Tron that most characters in the cast could use. There is a point at which blocking needs to stop and hits need to be registered and Tron is quite literally a giant wall when paired with the characters who already get the most face time in the game. I'm not asking for a nerf that makes Tron and the upper cast useless, but I am asking for a semblance of balance because as it stands most of the characters who stand to benefit the most from gustav flames already hold top spot and will hold it comfortably even if she has fewer invul frames.

My basic gripe in a couple of sentences:

Tron assist slows the game down and we don't need this in a game with a 99 second timer. It makes the whole thing sluggish and a chore for anyone who is not using upper mid tier(or however you want to label it) characters. I sure as hell can't complain about the Tron/Ammy matchup which is obviously good for me, but other matchups suffer hard against the already popular and powerful teams.

Fake edit: If you can come up with a list of viable approaches against Tron assist when she is paired with some of these characters then let me know. I'm always willing to swallow my pride and eat the crow if I can learn something new.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
_dementia said:
Lupinko doesn't like her fucking raincoat.
Duly noted.

I liked the raincoat :(

So pretty much, is this what we're working with here? I wanna do a rolling summary that we can keep updating as fast as this thread moves.

All but confirmed:

Strider (All I know is dat shit will be goin' clockw0rk, hype bitches cuz he be comin' for ya neo)
Phoenix Wright ( なるほど、ハイプになるだよ!(`_´)ゞ ; Well now it's hype! Phoenix Wright, followed by someone pointing)
Chuck Greene (or is it Frank West? People said it was a DR2 recipe) (You know combining orange juice and chocolate milk actually makes a great drink, I recommend it, gives you the boost and nutrition)
Sandman (time to sleep, and no, i will not rely on mr sandman, haha man this has been some night ; Hey does anyone remember the movie babe? the one about the talking pig? that was a good movie, james cromwell was dope in it)
Jubilee ("fuck, keep in mind, i don't have yellow fever, i just know a hot girl when i see one" @Barlog_WINS , 2011 ; We all know Alysson Court is the one true Jubilee (and Claire Redfield!), Catherine Disher, Cedric Smith, Lawrence Bayne, I could go on & on)
Apocalype (Watch me and tremble, for I bring the purity of oblivion to your world)

Questionable:

Dr. Strange/Mandarin (so i was wondering, do they still make jello commercials? i mean isn't it amazing that there green and blue and all other wacky colours ; of jello? it's like some sort of wizardry or something like dat)
Juggernaut (what a great line to jam to in the mornin', "can't get you outta my head like kylie minogue", ah fun times)
??? (too bad that guy didn't allow john to get dem aids, smh no more aegis reflector)
Batsu/Rival Schools Character/??? (don't be a foo and stay in schoo ; Let me hit you with the ryuusei sound This is how it goes down ; We back again in the LAB now To turn it out ; We gon get you out your seats now Y'all know what's it all 'bout)
Queen Bee/??? (Get BEEZY whoa EASY don't know if y'all is READY Verb-eezy check the mic Lis-eezy check the mic)
Cable/??? (too bad that guy didn't allow john to get dem aids, smh no more aegis reflector)
??? (just remember, imma continue to use my playa hatin' degree, so watch out mofos)
Roll/??? (dat robochick would give anyone dat h.a.r.d.a.c)
??? (Get ready to die cause it's gonna get rough)

I did this partially because Master Chibi royally fucked up things the last few pages, and we could all get on the same page. Also, I'm sure I've made errors compiling this so all the better if this helps us get together to try and figure out some of dat mahvel DLC. I put anything questionable/dubious/overanalytic into the Questionable section anyways. Still not sold completely on Jubilee, but eh.

mr. puppy

Banned
holy shit all of the misguided, terrible balance debates from the other thread leaked over here?

lupinko can we just start playing hangman with the characters or something so that it doesn't get worse

Grecco

The hilarious part is people will try to decrypt every tweet lupinko makes and obviously not all of them are mahvel related.

mr. puppy

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Sandman (time to sleep, and no, i will not rely on mr sandman, haha man this has been some night ; Hey does anyone remember the movie babe? the one about the talking pig? that was a good movie, james cromwell was dope in it)

lupinko has never been that blatant on characters and i refuse to think its sandman he was talking about. if anything, relying on mr. sandman probably means Venom, since they were both in spider man 3 and venom couldnt rely on sandman to help him or something.

look at the wikipedia entry:
Eddie Brock, by chance, is at the same church praying for Peter's death when the symbiote falls from the tower and takes over his body. Eddie, now reincarnated as Venom, finds the Sandman and suggests joining forces to destroy Spider-Man, to which the Sandman agrees.

The pair put Mary Jane in a taxicab and hang it from a gigantic web above a construction site filled with sand. Peter approaches Harry for help, but is turned down. However, Harry learns the truth about his father's death from his butler Bernard, and arrives in time to rescue Peter; they form an alliance against the two villains.

Also, with the ambiguous hint that could point toward Megaman Starforce, know that there are things in that world called "wizards":
http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Omega-Xis

The exact quote:
"so i was wondering, do they still make jello commercials? i mean isn't it amazing that there green and blue and all other wacky colours"
"of jello? it's like some sort of wizardry or something like dat"

Omega-Xis is green and blue. Previously, Niitsuma mentioned wanting Starforce representation in the game.

Grecco

GuardianE said:
"Just took a giant shit."

DmC Dante confirmed!

Lol seriously though. He put some lyrics of Warren G regulate

"gotta be handy with the steel"

I wish it meant The Punisher was in

Some people are really starting to get on my nerves with this shit. There is nothing wrong with discussing something like balance and move changes in a thread that is full of speculation at the moment. If someone doesn't want to read my shit then why don't they just put me on ignore? Maybe they can put dahbomb, Karsticles, Spirit of Jazz and myself on ignore since it is bothering them so much.

Fake edit: I was seriously going to post some questionable shit. Anyone who doesn't want to see my post regarding balancing, bitching or whatever the fuck they want to call it can just put me on ignore then.

fucking hell
.la1n said:
Yes because we all know MvC is a serious fighter with no characters with dumb weapons / powers.
Someone obviously doesn't get his ass whooped by Hsien-Ko enough!

Lupinko mentioned Clockw0rk in his tweets. May I remind you that back in MvC2 days, Clockw0rk was not only known for his amazing Dr. Doom, but also for his Strider?
Just food for thought, really.

Also, hi GAF, Imma n00b.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Becquerel said:
Lupinko mentioned Clockw0rk in his tweets. May I remind you that back in MvC2 days, Clockw0rk was not only known for his amazing Dr. Doom, but also for his Strider?
Just food for thought, really.

Also, hi GAF, Imma n00b.

We all caught onto that as soon as he tweeted that. ;) Get up to speed, buddy! Run wild with speculation over the most recent tweets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom