• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

.la1n

AzureJericho said:
I'm personally hyped for more of those godlike animated movies. I swear I would watch the shit out of a Marvel vs. Capcom short series after vanilla's awesome 4 part intro. Dante vs. Deadpool was first DMC3 trailer levels of hype. :lol

YES. Every character should have an animated ending as well. Imagine Deadpool's ending but in the same style as the intro movies? Drooool.

AzureJericho said:
I'm personally hyped for more of those godlike animated movies. I swear I would watch the shit out of a Marvel vs. Capcom short series after vanilla's awesome 4 part intro. Dante vs. Deadpool was first DMC3 trailer levels of hype. :lol
Too bad the endings were all clunkers.

Mista Koo

Ferrio said:
Rain from Plasma Sword, come on capcom

PlasmaRain.png
I'd rather have Blood.

aC3dk.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
AzureJericho said:

Lupinko has god tier taste. Mighty Max for life.
Yes! Yes! YEEES! Those are all so fucking good. I mean I know it won't happen but if they added cinematic endings for every character I would cry tears of joy. Those gorgeous character models are so underutilized.

Azure J

GuardianE said:
Those intros were so gorgeous, they got me hyped up at the prospect of having full video endings. *sigh*

I was shocked as shit when I saw the ending for the game the first time around and we got those still scene "comic flipbook" things. Not like there isn't potential in them but the difference in presentation was almost mind boggling.

On another note, just realized something:

Potential. Strider. Animated. Intro. Movie.

Discuss.

Jamie OD said:
Which Marvel films have a 82% certified fresh review on Rotten Tomatoes?

That would be X-Men (1).

Edit:
Goddamnit ninja'd.
Well... Good guys in there but not in the game (Xavier IS a horrible boss, I mean, he can read your mind!):
Cyclops, Rogue, Iceman and Xavier himself I guess.
I would laugh so hard if Senator Kelly ended up being the new X-Men character in MvC though.

Neki

Dreams-Visions said:
Original X-Men. Villains in that movie but aren't in the game:

Sabertooth
Mystique
Toad
Pyro

Heroes:

Cyclops
Professor X
Rogue
??

I hope Toad gets in before Cyclops.

.la1n said:
BRING IT

don't hurt me
I'll be gentle as long as you don't use Tron or Haggar. If you use them or either one then it's on like Donkey Kong.

PS3 or Xbox?
Ultimoo said:
I hope Toad gets in before Cyclops.
I would pay just to see the tears. Dan instead of Ken for Capcom with a Ken skin to boot.

:p

So it was pointed out to me that

Lance Lingos
@lupinko
speaking of the late tony jay, he was also virgil and megabyte! not to mention having a role in twins

Tony Jay also voiced Baron Mordo in the Spider-Man cartoon

lupinko Lance Lingos
of jello? it's like some sort of wizardry or something like dat
17 hours ago »

lupinko Lance Lingos
so i was wondering, do they still make jello commercials? i mean isn't it amazing that there green and blue and all other wacky colours
17 hours ago

He is a wizard that wears green and blue and all other wacky colors.

http://marvel.com/universe/Baron_Mordo_(Karl_Mordo)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
AzureJericho said:
I was shocked as shit when I saw the ending for the game the first time around and we got those still scene "comic flipbook" things. Not like there isn't potential in them but the difference in presentation was almost mind boggling.

Discuss.
It's your own fault! Static endings were confirmed pretty early after the game was announced. We were de-hyped before the hype.

And that makes me so hype. Strider is PERFECT for MvC3's art style. CAN YOU GUYS IMAGINE HOW FAST HIS TELEPORTS WILL BE IN THIS GAME?! He'll put Wesker and shit to shame.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
.la1n said:
YES. Every character should have an animated ending as well. Imagine Deadpool's ending but in the same style as the intro movies? Drooool.

The contrast between those awesome openings and the lame ass slideshows with 4 dialog windows was horrendous.

Nils said:
The contrast between those awesome openings and the lame ass slideshows with 4 dialog windows was horrendous.
It's especially weird because Tatsunoko got full animated endings in the Japanese release and full-screen (though static) art in the U.S. release.

They have been getting progressively more stingy.

Busaiku

Doesn't Dr. Strange only wear blue and red?
ShockingAlberto said:
It's especially weird because Tatsunoko got full animated endings in the Japanese release and full-screen (though static) art in the U.S. release.
The Japanese release of Ultimate All Stars also had static art instead of animated endings.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dreams-Visions said:
Original X-Men. Villains in that movie but aren't in the game:

Sabertooth
Mystique
Toad
Pyro

Heroes:

Cyclops
Professor X
Rogue
??
Or, y'know he's just talking about Horrible Bosses which was at 82% presumably and is now at 83%.

SolarPowered said:
Maybe it is Dr. Strange and he is referring to all the wacky colors we see when he uses magic.

You're just saying that.

:)
But then the Tony Jay comment makes no sense.

Tony Jay has voiced Magneto, Galactus, and Baron Mordo. Only one of those is a not a character in MvC3.

I don't see anyway in Hell that they would make individual endings like the opening. It would take too much time. It's either going to be a generic ending, a la MvC2, or the comic "cutscenes."

Of course I enjoyed the cutscenes because of the cameos they could fit in there.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Broken Ska Record said:
I don't see anyway in Hell that they would make individual endings like the opening. It would take too much time. It's either going to be a generic ending, a la MvC2, or the comic "cutscenes."

Of course I enjoyed the cutscenes because of the cameos they could fit in there.
Even when we got new endings in SSFIV, it was just more, different, horrific slideshows. Simply put 40+ cinematics will take way too much time and budget, especially for how little (relative) money they're expectedly going to be pouring into UMvC3.

Unconditional said:
I'd like to see nightcrawler but I think thats a longshot.

i c wut u did thar

Busaiku said:
Doesn't Dr. Strange only wear blue and red?

And some golden shit. But his magic is usually depicted green (cause that's like the only color not used on his costume, lol).
It wouldn't make much sense to put in Baron Mordo, though - I mean, then there'd be 3 Dr. Strange villains but no Dr. Strange. :V

ShockingAlberto said:

Tony Jay has voiced Magneto, Galactus, and Baron Mordo. Only one of those is a not a character in MvC3.

He also voiced Terrax the Tamer in the same show he voiced Galactus in.

I think we're all missing something very important here. And that's the hype surround a NEW CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN. I'm jazzed.
Or how about IMPROVED NETCODE?

*Capcom sits with silence and awkwardness in the corner*

Discuss.
It should be nothing but a long blockstring during Ouroboros.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
ShockingAlberto said:

Playable Galactus confirmed! They just shrunk his character model! Troll-tastic!

So Shulkie, Thor and Dormammu actually got options against gustav flame.

hmm
ShockingAlberto said:

Dormammu was rather obscure to me when they announced him. This guy is not even in the same universe. Seems like an odd choice is all.

GuardianE said:
Playable Galactus confirmed! They just shrunk his character model! Ultimate troll!

Galacta, Galactus' daughter, maybe? lmao.

SolarPowered said:
Dormammu was rather obscure to me when they announced him. This guy is not even in the same universe. Seems like an odd choice is all.

Dormammu is pretty obscure, but he is in the same universe. Dr. Strange cameos all over the place in Marvel comics, just his villains are hardly getting out of their boundaries of the good doctor's series. Shuma-Gorath is one of them, too.

Dormammu even made it into the 90s cartoon series, though, he was in like 2 or 3 Spider-Man episodes, that I definitely remember.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
SolarPowered said:

hmm

And beamers, but you already knew that. It's really difficult to punish Tron hard unless you get a Happy Birthday.

It actually would be the ultimate troll if we got like, some random goon from any of the many Marvel organizations like HYDRA or AIM or the Hand as a character.
Imagine the tears of rage if you played Sentinel, MODOK and henchman in a team. Ahaha.

Let's make this happen, Capcom.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
scytheavatar said:
Having 3 Dr Strange villains in the game but no Dr Strange would be trolling at its worse......
At this point, troll and Capcom are interchangeable words. That said THE CapCom needs to make it in goddamnit.

Becquerel said:
Dormammu is pretty obscure, but he is in the same universe. Dr. Strange cameos all over the place in Marvel comics, just his villains are hardly getting out of their boundaries of the good doctor's series. Shuma-Gorath is one of them, too.

Dormammu even made it into the 90s cartoon series, though, he was in like 2 or 3 Spider-Man episodes, that I definitely remember.
This definitely caught me off guard. I don't remember that at all and I used to watch Spider man like crazy back in the day.
GuardianE said:
And beamers, but you already knew that. It's really difficult to punish Tron hard unless you get a Happy Birthday.
Therein lies the problem, my humble friend.
Becquerel said:
It actually would be the ultimate troll if we got like, some random goon from any of the many Marvel organizations like HYDRA or AIM or the Hand as a character.
Imagine the tears of rage if you played Sentinel, MODOK and henchman in a team. Ahaha.

Let's make this happen, Capcom.
It would be hilarious at first, but then I'd rage because I want Ms. Marvel, Rouge or Emma. Hell, I'd take vamp Jubilee over that any day of the week.
enzo_gt said:
At this point, troll and Capcom are interchangeable words. That said THE CapCom needs to make it in goddamnit.
This guy would be the AA assist to end all AA assists. Frying pans would turn into teddy bears with that badass Captain laying the fist on the ground. Wolverine dive kicks would go extinct overnight lol.

I wouldn't say good, because Dormammu's rushdown is very unsafe. I was just demonstrating another weakness of the Tron assist in general.

Yeah, he gives orders to Carnage. Is that canon, or just cartoon nonsense?

Tell that to everyone who didn't vote for him in the poll. I don't think he even made top 5, much to my sadness.

DR2K

Banned
Karsticles said:
I wouldn't say good, because Dormammu's rushdown is very unsafe. I was just demonstrating another weakness of the Tron assist in general.

Yeah, he gives orders to Carnage. Is that canon, or just cartoon nonsense?

Tell that to everyone who didn't vote for him in the poll. I don't think he even made top 5, much to my sadness.

Using Capcom polls for fan demand is a very small sample size, that does not accurately gauge interest.

The Carnage arc was Dormammu's second appearance, actually.
He first appeared along with Baron Mordo when latter hypnotized MJ and kidnapped her into some weird cult temple and such. Mordo was trying to summon Dormammu and shit.

I think it was in the early second season, the one with the ton of crossover cameos.

Also, to answer the question: I don't think Carnage and Dormammu ever crossed ways in the history of the comic books, but I don't know, I don't follow it all.
I know Carnage at one point held the Power Cosmic tho cause he snatched Silver Surfer's board, that was kinda hilarious.

AzureJericho said:

Discuss.
God damn it Jeri, don‘t overhype me before the damn thing is even announced >_<

Re: Endings
No way they‘ll ever be animated, there are too many. Closest thing is SSF4 and they‘re not that good.

Another thing that really bothered me about the endings were

Most Marvel endings: Here is a (usually funny) ending about Marvel Characters and their relationships with each other and how the world would react to them beating Galactus with occasional Capcameos

Most Capcom endings: Here are Capcom characters where the ending is almost entirely dependent on the Marvel characters; for the most part, the endings don't even have anything to do with the characters themselves (Amaterasu's ending).

As someone who is more of a Capcom fan than a Marvel fan, the endings were all kind of shitty.

Most of the endings were terrible, there were only 2 that really made me chuckle, which was Arthur's and Shuma-Gorath's.
Brave boxer-ed knight taking on Fin Fang Foom and the tentacle monster becoming host of a Japanese quiz show. Especially the second is ingenious.

The only ending I really enjoyed was She Hulk's (And that was mostly for the Ace Attorney cameos)

The endings were definitely done better in TvC. Sure, they were a bit of a downgrade from the animated versions in Cross Generation of Heroes, but they were still pretty entertaining, and the cameos didn't seem as forced as they did in MvC3. (Hayato teaming up with Tekkaman Blade was a particlar favorite of mine.)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ShockingAlberto said:
Another thing that really bothered me about the endings were

Most Marvel endings: Here is a (usually funny) ending about Marvel Characters and their relationships with each other and how the world would react to them beating Galactus with occasional Capcameos

Most Capcom endings: Here are Capcom characters where the ending is almost entirely dependent on the Marvel characters; for the most part, the endings don't even have anything to do with the characters themselves (Amaterasu's ending).

As someone who is more of a Capcom fan than a Marvel fan, the endings were all kind of shitty.
Although I wasn't explicitly upset about this, it did bother me.

The only answer is Dr. Wily as the boss for UMvC3. How hard is that to understand Capcom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom