• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

I'm just gonna guess this out of nowhere.

That aids quote we thought was elena because of a bad joke about africans and aids...I think it might be meant as a reference to Sigma and the Sigma virus instead.

Also since Lupinko already tweeted about the VA for Urien who did Cable's VA work as well I'm just gonna say that this is him revealing Cable and not Apocalypse. After all Apocalypse is reincarnated as a small child right now and was a giant boss character before. It seems a stretch to get him if his clip is meant as an either or sort of thing.

I'm betting the Jello quote earlier was Thanos, and all the Ring talk was for Mandarin.

(throwing out guesses to try to raise Gaf scores)

Caj814

shaowebb said:
I'm just gonna guess this out of nowhere.

That aids quote we thought was elena because of a bad joke about africans and aids...I think it might be meant as a reference to Sigma and the Sigma virus instead.
. . .

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just spent the last few hours compiling a massive post of what we know so far and I'm almost done and....

...and we don't know anything? What? :(

enzo_gt said:
I just spent the last few hours compiling a massive post of what we know so far and I'm almost done and....

...and we don't know anything? What? :(
Enzo, what an incredibly disappointing thing to read after coming home from work and expecting some news. =[

DryEyeRelief said:
Why so sad? This is why it's fun.
I'm sad because a lot of the guesses we thought were basically confirmed are being labeled as wrong and I wanted some of those characters.

I guess I can hope Lupinko is trolling, but eh. Hype deflated.

DR2K

Banned
Lupinko is killed the hype, lol. I wish they would be more direct. I'm fairly certain everything is going to get leaked in a few days regardless.

SmithnCo

mr. puppy said:
we aren't sucking at this, his riddles are just godawful and its not our fault they make no sense to anybody except the guy who made them

I wish he would just post one riddle per character, lol. It's hard to follow now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Chibi is currently saying replace John with James in the aids tweet.

"too bad that guy didn't allow john to get dem aids, smh no more aegis reflector"

Logan couldn't get the aids to Cable in time for the Techno-organic virus?

DR2K

Banned
SmithnCo said:
They've been talking about Sissel or Ghost Rider I think? Maybe Gambit too.

I just want Sissel in this lol.

I had to google Sissel. I'm still not sure if I googled the right one. What a waste of time if they actually were hinting at that.

shaowebb

I really wish Lupinko would stop tweeting References to Batman with all his Kevin Conroy, HARDAC, Mark Hamil stuff. I know I'll never see a Marvel vs Capcom vs DC so please don't give me reason to imagine what it could be like when discussing a new versus fighter...the pain is too much.

Has a hobby of playing super theory fighter by writing down just how on Earth DC characters could be interpretted into a fighting game someday.

Luplinko said:
just remember that in Rand McNally, they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people,

Please say this is the beginning of clues pointing towards Danny Rand AKA Iron Fist.
x3a650.jpg

DR2K

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Chibi is currently saying replace John with James in the aids tweet.

"too bad that guy didn't allow john to get dem aids, smh no more aegis reflector"

Logan couldn't get the aids to Cable in time for the Techno-organic virus?

if aids = legacy virus

james = Wolverine

that guy = Cable

In the cartoon Cable allowed for Wolverine to get the virus in order to cure it.

Starphoenix said:
Obviously Gamefaqs isn't having a problem......

They're using to trudging through horse shit though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Perhaps Gambit too?

Was reading through the GameFAQs threads earlier and they didn't really mention anything different compared to us, because Karsticles posted much of the stuff from there here anyways.

I once dreamed of a day where all the boards could work together to deduce some confirmations out of leaks, why you gotta be like this Lupinko?

DR2K

Banned
I think the Rogue hint was a MsMarvel hint, since she's in Rogue's head and he's made refrences to her Voice Actor. Kind of sucks if true.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

shaowebb

DR2K said:
I think the Rogue hint was a MsMarvel hint, since she's in Rogue's head and he's made refrences to her Voice Actor. Kind of sucks if true.

You kidding? Ms Marvel would be great! She's an energy absorber like Bishop so it'd be great to use her to soak up some beams as a projectile barrier and then have her get beefed beams of her own because of it.

Just imagine what Rogue would feel like with a beam tool that can get stronger the more she absorbs projectiles. Good stuff.

Also, there seems to be a huge lack of not only Black characters in this game (as was mentioned earlier) but also of any leaks that should be referring to Capcom characters. All the leaks seem to be Marvel clues. Are we looking in the wrong direction? And why no Luke Cage, Black Panther or Samuel L Jackson Nick Fury?

Man i'd play the shit outta Samuel L Jackson Fury in Marvel. I'd spend the whole time I played him playing soundboards of Samuel L Jackson on loop and thats offline I'm talking about! Nothing would feel as sweet as busting a Hyper with him to counter something and hitting the "Do I look like a bitch?" quote from Pulp Fiction.

DR2K

Banned
shaowebb said:
You kidding? Ms Marvel would be great! She's an energy absorber like Bishop so it'd be great to use her to soak up some beams as a projectile barrier and then have her get beefed beams of her own because of it.

Just imagine what Rogue would feel like with a beam tool that can get stronger the more she absorbs projectiles. Good stuff.

I prefer the Rogue that can do sonic booms, pile drivers, and raging demons. Plus I just prefer the charm and personality. I still like MsMarvel though and will probably main her.

Dreams-Visions said:
HNGGGGGGGGGGGG

I sure would like to see some Bishop love.

Or, someone black not named Storm.

*sigh*

Cable and Bishop should really be a package deal IMO. I don't want just one or the other. I need BOTH.

enzo_gt said:
Queen Bee/??? (Get BEEZY whoa EASY don't know if y'all is READY Verb-eezy check the mic Lis-eezy check the mic)
I didn't notice he quoted m-flo
Ultimoo said:
Tron's ending just taunted me of who could have been in the game, or whose alter ego should have been in the game. :(
what do you mean?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Megaman X, Strider, Cable?

Im hard.

Dreams-Visions said:
HNGGGGGGGGGGGG

I sure would like to see some Bishop love.

Or, someone black not named Storm.

*sigh*
*daps

Bishop would be fuckawesome.

shaowebb

Hmm...I wonder if the Yun talk of malevolent AI was meant to be the start of Ultron hints.

(still throwing random characters out trying to raise Gaf scores)
IntelliHeath said:
so gamefaqs is right for one thing and rest of us were wrong so
I guess Phoenix Wright and Frank West were wrong?

Well if Frank West is wrong maybe the choco milk/orange juice quote and the I just chuck things quotes were hints towards Chuck Green instead? (Though I wish chucking things referred to either Gambit or Bullseye)

Also the PHD could refer to other highly educated characters. Reed Richards, Hank Pym, Dr Wily, Dr Light, etc. etc

DR2K

Banned
IntelliHeath said:
so gamefaqs is right for one thing and rest of us were wrong so
I guess Phoenix Wright and Frank West were wrong?

I don't think we're wrong, just that we haven't answered the riddles correctly. I think it's like answering a math question correctly and not showing your work. A teacher would consider it wrong even if the answer is right.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So we know it's not Urien. Background of some of his tweets:
The 'aids' one is not Urien.

It's the opposite of what you think it is.
haha

Ok, let me rephrase that:

You're on the right track with 'Urien', but it's the statement itself that is the opposite of what you've gotten so far.
I'm not telling you anything outright~

Think of what each 'statement' thus far has actually declared.

The 'aids' one is opposite of that.
It is a character.

lol Re-read what I wrote..
Hahaha, no, but that's a new one.

Again, I'll repeat myself:

Everything he's said thus far has had one thing in common.

This statement is the opposite of that. Don't over think it.

It is indeed a character, I'll say that much.
3. Here I'll throw you guys a bone or two.

- Three of the guesses in this thread for new characters are correct. No I'm not telling which ones they are, since there's plenty of guesses to go through~

- If everything Lupey's chucked at you guys now has been 'cyrptic' information for 'confirming characters' then what would the opposite of that be (in regards to the aids tweet)?

- There is a character in the roster that is so wtf that even my source is questioning its liablity.
Legion said:
Wait Wait Wait...OMG can you tell me if ONE of them is confirmed? Gill, Mysterio or Dr. Strange :D
Yes~
NDRWPNDY said:
If the 'aids' post is a deconfirm, maybe it's ruling out Cyclops/Psylocke, as 'aids' is a synonym for 'assists'. Shoutouts to the Toronto Star daily crossword.

Warm enough that I can feel it in my BLOOD.

Anyways, that's enough for now.

I'm off to class. Be back later~

So basically, the aids tweet is a deconfirm. We know that for sure. But that's not the end. Then he went onto SRK to post on THIS PAGE that:
Someone on this page is right.

And that's all I can tell you, I'm off to do some work.

Lupey and I are off into hiding for a while though.

Reread all my posts in this thread for more analyzable fun~

See you guys elsewhere on SRK

Also updated scores and Lupinko said he isn't laying low:
lupinko Lance Lingos
lolgamefaqs 1 srk 0.8 gaf 0.4 internet still haven't checked

Damn, GAF went silent as soon as he tweeted we're at zero lol.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
DR2K said:
I don't think we're wrong, just that we haven't answered the riddles correctly. I think it's like answering a math question correctly and not showing your work. A teacher would consider it wrong even if the answer is right.

What the hell kind of logic is this? This is completely pointless, if true. A lot of the guesses made here were completely plausible, making a ton of sense. Others were definitely reaching. If we got zero of the guesses correct, the these clues suck. Straight up.

DR2K

Banned
Sir Ilpalazzo said:
Looking over Chibi's posts, that comment about James and AIDS is definitely a Cable disconfirmation.

They did say think opposite, so maybe this deconfirmation is a confirmation.

DR2K said:

People thought that all of lupinko's hints confirmed certain characters, so it seems to me that Chibi is saying "if other hints are 'cryptic confirmations' and this one is the opposite, then what is it?" That's how I saw it, at least.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DR2K said:
He pretty explicitly said here that it's a deconfirm:

- If everything Lupey's chucked at you guys now has been 'cyrptic' information for 'confirming characters' then what would the opposite of that be (in regards to the aids tweet)?

enzo_gt said:
He pretty explicitly said here that it's a deconfirm:

So would that mean that Urien is not deconfirmed then? If the hint is a deconfirmation, and the hint is not about Urien, that would mean he's still eligible right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom