• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Grecco said:
Thinking out loud of course, but if SMVC3 comes out in 2012, how finalized can this list be? Wasnt the MVC3 changed very late in development ? (Frank West, Elektra)
IIRC, the character lists were finalized really, really early on, hence Lupinko getting the leaks secondhand very early. Frank West was cut because of technical bugs they couldn't fix before launch, and Elektra (reportedly) was cut to even up sides. So someone could still be cut, but most likely only if issues persist.

All of the newest tweets:

lupinko Lance Lingos
just remember the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

lupinko Lance Lingos
in this case, a message didn't exist

lupinko Lance Lingos
so you can say maybe, medium is the message

DR2K

Banned
lupinko said:
Look, we have to play this Valve ARG game because well people complained too much about getting generic lists.

Well then go cryptic on the characters we wouldn't normally expect and be direct about the common fan requested ones. That way there's still mystery and everything isn't spoiled and you can continue being cryptic to appease those that want it. It doesn't have to be one way or the other.

I love these threads. I bet people in the know love seeing us hope and wish and dream for their favorite characters to be in the game.

Monster Hunter please

lupinko

enzo_gt said:
IIRC, the character lists were finalized really, really early on, hence Lupinko getting the leaks secondhand very early. Frank West was cut because of technical bugs they couldn't fix before launch, and Elektra (reportedly) was cut to even up sides. So someone could still be cut, but most likely only if issues persist.

All of the newest tweets:

lupinko Lance Lingos
just remember the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

lupinko Lance Lingos
in this case, a message didn't exist

lupinko Lance Lingos
so you can say maybe, medium is the message

You know, you missed the most important part.

Also the complaints are not really from gaf, but in general, althroughout the internet.

DR2K said:
Well then go cryptic on the characters we wouldn't normally expect and be direct about the common fan requested ones. That way there's still mystery and everything isn't spoiled and you can continue being cryptic to appease those that want it. It doesn't have to be one way or the other.

He could just not say anything and we can wait for Capcom to tell us.

XeroSauce

Incendiary said:
This thread is awesome, but it reminds me vaguely of the SSB Dojo thread from way back when. Not that that's a bad thing. Okay, maybe a little bit of a bad thing.

I will most likely get whatever Super MvC that Capcom decides to push out, DLC or retail, but it really depends on how many character additions there are. I feel kind of stupid buying Shuma-Gorath now.
I remember that. It was a mess, but the Friday characters reveals were just that, reveals. This is just salty hype with some Strider sauce mixed in.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
lupinko said:
I don't remember saying anything like that.

Look, we have to play this Valve ARG game because well people complained too much about getting generic lists.
The same people who bitched at you for being a buzzkill by leaking the entire roster last time will just bitch at you more for letting themselves get carried away by cryptic clues that they read into incorrectly.

You can't please them.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
lupinko said:
You know, you missed the most important part.

Also the complaints are not really from gaf, but in general, althroughout the internet.
lupinko Lance Lingos
cough*someoneevenmoreimportantwithregardstodevelopment*cough
lupinko Lance Lingos
achoo*themostimportantperson*achoo

Niitsuma is the most important person.

lupinko

By the way, if you are Canadian or Kassatsu, you will realize that the most recent thing I said is actually related to the other things I said.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Lucky Number Seven Force said:
I'd personally take riddles over typical Capcom trolling any day, but that's just me.

Eh. I just want to know if Phoenix Wright, Frank West/Chuck Greene, Roll, Ms. Marvel and Gambit get in. That's all I care right now. I will think of more characters I would like to see next morning.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
lupinko said:
By the way, if you are Canadian or Kassatsu, you will realize that the most recent thing I said is actually related to the other things I said.
Oh god, what a shitty time not to be up to date with hockey.

What if he was talking about Svennson?

I heard a rumor that on June 30th Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will have DLC characters Frank West, Spider-Woman, MegaMan X and Ms. Marvel, is that true? — Anthony

Svensson: I'm torn on how to respond to this.

On the one hand, I wish I could say something about MvC3. But I shouldn't respond to rumors and speculation and unfortunately, I need to ask for your continued patience.

On the other hand, this is a silly rumor.
I don't see how this connects to your last tweet though.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
enzo_gt said:
Oh god, what a shitty time not to be up to date with hockey.

What if he was talking about Svennson?

I don't see how this connects to your last tweet though.

No way is Svennson the most important person in development of MvC3.

Sixfortyfive

ShockingAlberto said:
And while I'm complaining about MvC3 writing, I kind of hate that all the reactions to Thor/Amaterasu/Shuma-Gorath are the same.

It's always dudes saying "I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO FIGHT A GOD" and "YOU GODS DON'T UNDERSTAND US MORTALS".

Like, I guess the latter might apply to Thor or Shuma, but Amaterasu? She barely has a personality, in what sense is her god-like power going to her head?
These special intros have more to do with Capcom fighter tradition than writing, per se. See SFA3, SF3, CvS2. So it makes sense for characters like Chun-Li and Captain America to have catch-all lines when matched against any villain, or for all gods to elicit similar responses even if one is also a dog or whatever.

Wish they'd go the extra mile and have custom animations on top of dialogue, but it's still a touch more than we got with SF4.

Vaztor

Neo Member
*Crossing fingers for Wright* It seems like it's moving closer and closer to a sure fire thing but I won't be satisfied until I see it for myself :)

I'm sure this has been realized and mentioned before so forgive me if it has, but I'd like to question the timing of Lupinko starting to turn the leaky faucet on now.

With all the speculation of SMVC3 being revealed at Comic-Con, and all the doubt that Nitsuma is just going there to troll us, I can't help but wonder if his timing is some sort of confirmation.

lupinko said:

Pretty straightforward.

Sid the Kid -> Sidney Patrick Crosby -> Patrick Mulligan aka Toxin

El Sloth

Banned
lupinko Lance Lingos said:
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say this is confirmation of Elektra being (back) in.

My train of thought:
Devil = Daredevil and she was originally supposed to be in MvC3.
DR2K said:
I bet you go around telling orphans to find parents or obese people to just stop eating too. This shit spills over into most marvel threads and it's only going to get worse.
Talk about bad comparisons.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
El Sloth said:
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say this is confirmation of Elektra being (back) in.

My train of thought:
Devil = Daredevil and she was originally supposed to be in MvC3.

Could be. I think it might be Svenson with Frank West. How he told us to not assume anything.

Jesus, I'm sitting here, wasting my time getting ready for work, reading and thinking. I hate you Lupinko, but this quizzing is fun nevertheless.

Also, regarding the devil quotes - Elektra was dead (and believed to be so for good) several times, in fact, she came to be the manslaughtering beast she is now after her father's death, and her first death, as well.
Might as well be.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GuardianE said:
No way is Svennson the most important person in development of MvC3.
I was unsure of his role in the hierarchy at Capcom.

The line from The Usual Suspects:
Verbal: Who is Keyser Soze? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Soze. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Now how does that connect to Sidney Crosby?

I'm not sweating over what the official news is, because its all insubstantial, even moreso than the leaks. Niitsuma wants a lot of things.

enzo_gt said:
Verbal: Who is Keyser Soze? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Soze. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

nightcrawler-bigcostume7.jpg

enzo_gt said:
I was unsure of his role in the hierarchy at Capcom.

Now how does that connect to Sidney Crosby?

I'm not sweating over what the official news is, because its all insubstantial, even moreso than the leaks. Niitsuma wants a lot of things.

Becquerel said:

Or Azazel

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
HaikuWar is one of the horsemen too or what? He's been hinting at stuff at SRK for a minute.

Cisco said: ↑
These are the characters i believe are hinted.

Strider, PW, Chuck Green, Virgil, Bishop, Apocalypse, Jubilee, Rogue.

HaikuWar responded:
Your missing your target close but I think if you had better aim like...mutant shooting skills youd have it.

herewegoagain.jpg

DR2K

Banned
enzo_gt said:
HaikuWar is one of the horsemen too or what? He's been hinting at stuff at SRK for a minute.

HaikuWar responded:
Your missing your target close but I think if you had better aim like...mutant shooting skills youd have it.

herewegoagain.jpg

So take out the mutants and he has it.

enzo_gt said:

HaikuWar responded:

herewegoagain.jpg

Bullseye?

I'm guessing he's a false rider though, way too obvious.

SmithnCo

enzo_gt said:

HaikuWar responded:

herewegoagain.jpg

Hm, is "mutant shooting skills" a hint? I can only think of Hawkeye and Bullseye but they aren't mutants.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What's suspect is the original quote had:

Strider, PW, Chuck Green, Virgil, Bishop, Apocalypse, Jubilee, Megaman Starfleet character, Rogue.

Did he edit the quote himself to narrow it down? Someone mentioned Hawkeye and he replied:

not hawk EYE... maybe an eye that is... not from this time...

Why are all of these giving me cable vibes? Even moreso when someone asked him if Sigma is in the game he replied:

well i want to say YES so bad but I dont want to and disappoint you =( Then Id have to travel back in time and change History...

shitjustgotevenmoreconvoluted.jpg

Sixfortyfive

IntelliHeath said:
I would love to see Jubilee from old x-men over Vampire Jubilee *ugh*
The only Jubilee I'm familiar with is the useless, whiny brat from the 90's animated series.

Vampire Jubilee would probably be an improvement.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SgtInfinity on GameFAQs makes a good point:
it's gotta be Cable then. Cables got the cybernetic eye that gives him shooting skills, he's not from this time.

So maybe Gill was deconfirmed after all? One of the people on the page that could have been right did guess it's Gill that is not in.

El Sloth said:
I hope that there isn't a Super MvC3 purchase in your future then.
Me either.

I'm not made of money, and I already got burnt the first time.

But I know Capcom will get me with their flashy trailers and techno remixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom