• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Sloth

Banned
Slamtastic said:
Me either.

I'm not made of money, and I already got burnt the first time.

But I know Capcom will get me with their flashy trailers and techno remixes.
It's a proven form of seduction. It's how I pick up women.

Wait wait wait.

"news source we dismissed"... then the quotes about a "devil" who was gone and missing - edited out of the game, perhaps? Like... Doctor Octopus?!

Remember, a folder with his name has been found in the game. He was cut for reasons unknown, though. He is a bad guy (a "devil", if you may), and the fact he was hinted in the game's data was dismissed. He "led everyone to believe he was gone".
Also, long shot, "Otto" is a German name, and Doc Ock has a German accent in the 90s Spider-Man show (since Lupinko was talking about those a lot). He also was dead several times and came back, and since he is one of the biggest 3 Spider-Man villains, he belongs to the "usual suspects".

Hey lupinko can you be a peach and tell us whether haikuwar (on srk) is legit or not? We don't need cross contamination of fake rumors with supposedly real ones.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
enzo_gt said:
Okay with the latest 3 posts he made in the SRK thread, I dont know what to believe anymore, WTF.

Maybe Lupinko hired him to cover up the mistakes and backtrack to cause us confusion, so he can save his source.

Honestly, I think I had enough with it. I don't want my hype to burn out because I thought they would be in but they wasn't.

lupinko

enzo_gt said:
Okay with the latest 3 posts he made in the SRK thread, I dont know what to believe anymore, WTF.

?

I haven't posted in any SRK thread in awhile. I read it but that's about it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
IntelliHeath said:
Maybe Lupinko hired him to cover up the mistakes and backtrack to cause us confusion, so he can save his source.

Honestly, I think I had enough with it. I don't want my hype to burn out because I thought they would be in but they wasn't.
Even I'm close to done spamming this thread.

His last message:
Not exactly Im not on inside Im more like a person who examines the facts comes to a conclusion... ya know all business suited up Objected the bad info and what not.

:/

Though I didn't get around to it, Cisco got around to summarizing why Vergil is probably in the game. I think Lupinko said GameFAQS was ahead cause they were heavily discussing Vergil (and Roll) right before he tweeted standings.

The post is at the top of this page.

Edit: Lupinko I'm talking about HaikuWar, is he legit?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
lupinko said:
?

I haven't posted in any SRK thread in awhile. I read it but that's about it.

He is talking about your buddy, HiakuWar?

Now he said that we mightn't hear something about smvc3 at CC; Evo instead.

shaowebb

enzo_gt said:
HaikuWar is one of the horsemen too or what? He's been hinting at stuff at SRK for a minute.

Cisco said: ↑
These are the characters i believe are hinted.

Strider, PW, Chuck Green, Virgil, Bishop, Apocalypse, Jubilee, Rogue.

HaikuWar responded:
Your missing your target close but I think if you had better aim like...mutant shooting skills youd have it.

herewegoagain.jpg

Mutant shooting skills...throw things hella far (got the quote wrong earlier saying chuck things)...I'm thinking Bullseye is on target for this.

Also that quote about things being objected and suited up sounds like him talking about Phoenix Wright some more.

lupinko

The most recent message may not look like anything but it is indeed related to the recent bits of info.

If you watched a certain show in the late 90s based on a phenomenon that was thought to be originally a fad.

It will all become more clear to you.

lupinko said:
The most recent message may not look like anything but it is indeed related to the recent bits of info.

If you watched a certain show in the late 90s based on a phenomenon that was thought to be originally a fad.

Pikachu confirmed?

shaowebb

lupinko said:

I'm out.

All this because some people griped about you posting a list last time is kind of beyond ridiculous at this point. Everything we say is both right and wrong somehow and the clues are just plain super vague clues meant to tie together other clues that do both directly and indirectly point us at a character or characters? No. Too much. It went from being fun and with interesting clues to being nonsense about 12 hours ago.

I appreciate your effort Lupinko and thank you for the good times, but I have to quit this game. I love you for all you've given us and wish youd just tell us what you know so we could get the hype train rolling again, but this...this is the opposite of hype. Its just frustrating to think about SMVC3 now thanks to all of this.

I'll just come back when you post content again. Sorry some people griped about your lists last time...they brought this upon us all.

I'd like to think that if we all just ignored all the "hints", the fake leakers would get bored and give up, and the real one would be forced to start giving more and more concrete info to maintain his 15 minutes of fame.

Toski

shaowebb said:
I'm out.

All this because some people griped about you posting a list last time is kind of beyond ridiculous at this point. Everything we say is both right and wrong somehow and the clues are just plain super vague clues meant to tie together other clues that do both directly and indirectly point us at a character or characters? No. Too much. It went from being fun and with interesting clues to being nonsense about 12 hours ago.

I appreciate your effort Lupinko and thank you for the good times, but I have to quit this game. I love you for all you've given us and wish youd just tell us what you know so we could get the hype train rolling again, but this...this is the opposite of hype. Its just frustrating to think about SMVC3 now thanks to all of this.

I'll just come back when you post content again. Sorry some people griped about your lists last time...they brought this upon us all.
I think its more playing nice with the Capcops/Marvel licensing than anything having to do with hype killing lists which spell it all out. He gives us "hints" and riddles without actually spoiling and messing up Capcoms marketing timetable while also protecting the source(s).

Neki

lupinko said:
Sigh, go to page 39.
Page 39? Doesn't exist yet on GAF. Means we have to look to the future, meaning you're referring to a character from the future. Bishop/Cable confirmed then? Does 39 have any significance to any character from the future? Someone find out, ASAP.

SmithnCo

You keep referencing usual suspects... There was a Spider-man/Daredevil series called Unusual Suspects.

I dunno. I got nothing.

When you step back and start piecing together the hints alongside the main player (Gamefaqs), you get a pretty good picture of whom Lupinko is referring too. It all goes back to what Lupinko stated prior to his latest set of tweets, the message is in the medium.

If you guys can't figure it out I'm not going to bother. I'm too tired to care.

Neki

Starphoenix said:
When you step back and start piecing together the hints alongside the main player (Gamefaqs), you get a pretty good picture of whom Lupinko is referring too. It all goes back to what Lupinko stated prior to his latest set of tweets, the message is in the medium.

If you guys can't figure it out I'm not going to bother. I'm too tired to care.

No one asked you to care though, so I guess that's good.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
omg you guys are quoting HAIKUWAR. lmfao. askgf;kasgf

holy shit GAF..come on..

im in tears over here...

that guy lives in norcal..you just..have to know him to understand i guess..

anyway..

edit: omg i just looked back like 3 pages. are you guys for real? go outside for christs sake. haha.

Well for those of you that think I'm just being a coy jerk who is just propping myself up. Why don't you go back to page 39 of that locked thread over at Gamefaqs and take a peak at what came up there? After a couple of people started piecing it together it wasn't too hard to follow until everyone started screaming about Sigma and what not.

lupinko

oqjhar.jpg

Am disappoint.

Chindogg

I'll copy what I wrote in SRK to conclude what I considered before everyone went apeshit over Sigma.

This is a stretch but here me out. Lupinko mentioned that the answer is on page 39, presumably on Gamefaqs, where there's mention of a Yugioh episode "Penguin Ex Machina." Penguin Ex Machina is very similar to Deus Ex Machina, a thing that seemingly solves a problem out of nowhere when an insolvable problem happens. In an earlier tweet, Lupinko posts a youtube video of the Fantastic Four fighting Galactus, seemingly unbeatable, until Ghost Rider shows up and beats him down with the Penance Stare within 20sec.

Also, notice all the hockey references in the tweets. There's actually a Minor League hockey team the Fernie Ghostriders. In an earlier tweet also, Lupy makes a reference to the Devil. Ghost Rider originally gained his powers from the Devil before Marvel retconned it into Mephisto. Given this information, I am concluding that Ghost Rider is what he's been alluding to for most of the day.

Starphoenix said:
Well for those of you that think I'm just being a coy jerk who is just propping myself up. Why don't you go back to page 39 of that locked thread over at Gamefaqs and take a peak at what came up there? After a couple of people started piecing it together it wasn't too hard to follow until everyone started screaming about Sigma and what not.

The only thing that shows up multiple times on that page is Venom, and when Shoryuken came to that conclusion lupinko said they were wrong.

Neki

Chindogg said:
I'll copy what I wrote in SRK to conclude what I considered before everyone went apeshit over Sigma.

This is a stretch but here me out. Lupinko mentioned that the answer is on page 39, presumably on Gamefaqs, where there's mention of a Yugioh episode "Penguin Ex Machina." Penguin Ex Machina is very similar to Deus Ex Machina, a thing that seemingly solves a problem out of nowhere when an insolvable problem happens. In an earlier tweet, Lupinko posts a youtube video of the Fantastic Four fighting Galactus, seemingly unbeatable, until Ghost Rider shows up and beats him down with the Penance Stare within 20sec.

Also, notice all the hockey references in the tweets. There's actually a Minor League hockey team the Fernie Ghostriders. In an earlier tweet also, Lupy makes a reference to the Devil. Ghost Rider originally gained his powers from the Devil before Marvel retconned it into Mephisto. Given this information, I am concluding that Ghost Rider is what he's been alluding to for most of the day.

Ghostrider? god damn, I want a real Marvel character.

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
The only thing that shows up multiple times on that page is Venom, and when Shoryuken came to that conclusion lupinko said they were wrong.

Because it wasn't about Venom. Step back and look, what ELSE came up? It wasn't the character, it was the connection between the rice ball and Pokémon. THAT is what was important, it had nothing to do with Eddie Brock. It had to do with tying the underlying theme. Remember the previous tweet, the message is in the medium?

That is what the three unrelated people had in common was the Pokémon connection. The thing everyone is forgetting. Which in turn tied it into the Yugioh video he later removed. Because those have a relation to one another. Take a guess what it was before everyone started going all over the place?

Everything ties together but people keep splintering the hints into different pieces when they really are one set.

Toski

If Lupinko said people had then didn't means the correct guess was made then they dropped it for some other cryptic shit.

For that pokemon donuts thing I'm gonna guess that jelly=red and gooey so hes hinting at Carnage.

Vaztor

Neo Member
...Gambit?

The character we were discussing and thought was right when Lupinko said we didn't realize it yet >_>

Starphoenix said:
Because it wasn't about Venom. Step back and look, what ELSE came up? It wasn't the character, it was the connection between the rice ball and Pokémon. THAT is what was important, it had nothing to do with Eddie Brock. It had to do with tying the underlying theme. Remember the previous tweet, the message is in the medium?

That is what the three unrelated people had in common was the Pokémon connection. The thing everyone is forgetting. Which in turn tied it into the Yugioh video he later removed. Because those have a relation to one another. Take a guess what it was before everyone started going all over the place?

The first thing that comes to mind is that they both had trading card games, and his comments about Apocalypse and his horsemen could kind of tie into Gambit. I dunno.

Korigama

Been thinking that how many donuts one has can be more relevant than what kind they are (Niitsuma might agree).

*got bored, felt like playing*

Vaztor said:
...Gambit?

The character we were discussing and thought was right when Lupinko said we didn't realize it yet >_>

Congratulations, we've finally gotten somewhere...

Want to know how hockey and Gambit tie together? Sticks. It's Gambit guys. Goodnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom