• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyoro SF

TreIII said:
Bringing back "Baroque" and doing away with X-Factor would be fine by me, if this is anything along the lines of what he's hinting at.

Baroque would be monstrous in this game. It would turn Magneto into a rainbow colored beacon of death hurling purple hellfire everywhere

MvC3 is not balanced for Baroque. It would be balanced with a correctly made Burst mechanic though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
lupinko Lance Lingos
personally for this kind of matter, going old skool may sound interesting but could be pulled off wrong

Rival Schools?

Bringing back a mechanic is quiiiite a stretch guys, X-Factor isn't going anywhere.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Baroque gives every character a touch-of-death once they have 20% red health. Some sooner than that.

If it hadn't been paired with a burst in TvC, it would have made XF3 look like child's play.

Nyoro SF

SolarKnight said:
I was thinking of the speed boost/no chip damage/health regen actually.

Since D. Phoenix is constantly gaining red health, she could Baroque Cancel as many times as she wanted.

That's decidedly broken for sure

She could baroque just as much or even less than everyone else, red health is not infinite. Hell, since her health depletes automatically and she has no control over it she could end up in a situation where she can only baroque once (it'd mean instant death if used in a combo, but what difference is there with what she does already anyways).

I find her speed boost, lack of chip damage received, increase on damage, big increase of chip damage done, and regenerating health more annoying than just an increase of damage only on combos and cancelling attacks until she removes all of her red health (remind me, can or can't you cancel whiffed attacks anyways?).

DR2K

Banned
Sir Ilpalazzo said:
I really hope they don't use Asura. Both the character and his game look really bland, and that game isn't even out yet.

He'll be in, 100% guaranteed. Huge advertisement for a new IP that Capcom is trying to push.

I think it's Mephisto:
1) The video regarding Hell's Kitchen.
2) Bruce Campbell was in all 3 Spider-man films; who biffed up Spidey's life? Mephisto.
3) "The greatest trick the devil ever did was convincing the world he didn't exist" - what if "he" is Spider-man?
4) Very red, obviously.
5) We've been seeing a lot of Ghost Rider stuff, but it's all been too obvious - Ghost Rider is a minion of Mephisto's.

187px-OMD_Mephisto-Final.PNG

Edit:
Universe X

In the Earth X sequel, Universe X, Mephisto is the force behind Pope Immortus (secretly Kang) and his extermination of Reed Richards's Human Torch to assume mutant dominance.[volume & issue needed]
Wasn't there something about a "Kang" earlier?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn.. that's really convincing Karsticles, especially the one about him convincing the world Spiderman isn't Peter Parker.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
enzo_gt said:
Damn.. that's really convincing Karsticles, especially the one about him convincing the world Spiderman isn't Peter Parker.

I was actually gonna suggest him for laughs when reading that. Still dunno why they'd pick him but I suppose it could happen.

TheOGB

Banned
Karsticles said:
I think it's Mephisto:
1) The video regarding Hell's Kitchen.
2) Bruce Campbell was in all 3 Spider-man films; who biffed up Spidey's life? Mephisto.
3) "The greatest trick the devil ever did was convincing the world he didn't exist" - what if "he" is Spider-man?
4) Very red, obviously.
5) We've been seeing a lot of Ghost Rider stuff, but it's all been too obvious - Ghost Rider is a minion of Mephisto's.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/66/OMD_Mephisto-Final.PNG/187px-OMD_Mephisto-Final.PNG[IMG]

Edit:

Wasn't there something about a "Kang" earlier?[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9hTbZ.gif

BJWanlund

Here are my theories about Super MvC3:

Phoenix Wright DOES make it in, but Phoenix (from vanilla MvC3) reverts back to her original name that I feel is far more well-known, even among non-comics fans: Jean Grey.

Also, platform independence is a good thing, and something to consider for Capcom. The 3DS has really played host to some mega awesome fighting games (including Capcom's million-plus-selling Super Street Fighter IV 3D), so I wouldn't be surprised to find more Capcom fighting games on their way to the 3DS. Also, the PC and Mac would also be good platforms for Super MvC3; If I were to install Windows to make SMvC3 run, I'd probably install Windows 7 in Boot Camp, but I'd prefer a Mac-native version. Just saying.

BJ

Dahbomb

Someone make a list of tweets, rumors and other related stuff all in one place.

It's getting really hard to follow all the random chatter here. I want to see all these Twitter messages consolidated.

Red, very red? That's at least 5 characters I can think off the top of my head.

Carnage
Scarlet Witch
Elektra
Daredevil
Mephisto

Possibly even:

BB Hood
Omega Red
Juggernaut
Azazel
Hakan
M Bison

BJWanlund said:
Here are my theories about Super MvC3:

Phoenix Wright DOES make it in, but Phoenix (from vanilla MvC3) reverts back to her original name that I feel is far more well-known, even among non-comics fans: Jean Grey.

Also, platform independence is a good thing, and something to consider for Capcom. The 3DS has really played host to some mega awesome fighting games (including Capcom's million-plus-selling Super Street Fighter IV 3D), so I wouldn't be surprised to find more Capcom fighting games on their way to the 3DS. Also, the PC and Mac would also be good platforms for Super MvC3; If I were to install Windows to make SMvC3 run, I'd probably install Windows 7 in Boot Camp, but I'd prefer a Mac-native version. Just saying.

BJ

Two words: Wii U

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:

It's getting really hard to follow all the random chatter here. I want to see all these Twitter messages consolidated.

Carnage
Scarlet Witch
Elektra
Daredevil
Mephisto

Possibly even:

BB Hood
Omega Red
Juggernaut
Azazel
Hakan
M Bison
I'm almost done mine, in the mean time Karsticles did a good one already here.

Also Lupinko just tweeted this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FENE2XHzlpg&sns=tw

Dahbomb said:

Carnage
Scarlet Witch
Elektra
Daredevil
Mephisto

Possibly even:

BB Hood
Omega Red
Juggernaut
Azazel
Hakan
M Bison
Red Skull

Grecco

Take You Back do, do, do, do (Cuatro veces)
1.I been told by… some people and they are..
I said I take you back, Take you like Before
now I don’t call just a reason,
I just Can’t belive it in my self
(coro 2 veces)

2.Push you back
you push it me too far
I love you for
What I saw before
I squeeze you and heard you
but I could not tell you I love you, you, you, you.
(coro 2 veces)

3. Well you put me back
you put me down real nice
I love affair
is taking a largest life
from my life can See Yeah
Starting now it’s gonna help more meaning girl, girl
Take it back
If I just take it back
I just put you back
if I just love you back
If I just love you back

Theres literally nothing here.

Mephisto didn't resolve the identity thing, he saved Aunt may in exchange for Peter and MJ's marriage. Dr. Strange erased the the public identity thing IIRC

Mephisto didn't resolve the identity thing, he saved Aunt may in exchange for Peter and MJ's marriage. Dr. Strange erased the the public identity thing IIRC
According to Wikipedia:
Mephisto also heals May Parker in exchange for changing the personal timelines of Peter Parker (Spider-Man) and Mary Jane Watson so that they never married, claiming he did so only because he hated their happiness (also adding that he has no interest in taking Spider-Man's soul because such a deal results in him tormenting a soul that is willing to accept the punishment because their sacrifice saved another, a righteousness which disgusts him). He also, at Mary Jane's request, erases knowledge of Peter's identity.[9]

Plus, we have this:
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...l-be-a-super-mvc3.132023/page-84#post-5543739

I believe this riddle is solved, gentlemen, unless Lupinko states otherwise.

crimsonspider89 said:
No, Mephisto did. He saved Aunt May by undoing the marriage which prevented Peter from revealing his identity. No Strange involved.
Actually, Strange, Iron Man and Mr. Fantastic had a hand in erasing people's memory as well. (Specifically the memory of people that aware that they knew who Spidey was at one point.)

god omd was a clusterfuck

Karsticles said:
According to Wikipedia:

wikipedia says otherwise elsewhere:
Peter insists that Doctor Strange should make people forget he is Spider-Man. Doctor Strange contacts Tony Stark and Reed Richards for advice on the matter, because they are partially responsible for Peter's identity becoming public

TDLink

Mephisto could make sense....it could also be Red Skull, who is obviously being prominently featured in the new Captain America movie.

crimsonspider89 said:
Wrong. He asked them to help him but they said no and Strange said he only could help him by giving him the power to wonder the planet and get help from whoever.

Mephisto approached him afterwards.

Don't trust wikipedia.

http://www.comicvine.com/one-more-day/39-49939/

There ya go.

The Dr. Strange thing happens after OMD. They were specifically erasing the memory of people that were still aware that they once knew Spider-Man's identity, even after Mephisto undid everything.

I know that but he said that Doc did it first. Mephisto undid majority of the memory and then Strange undid the rest but still OMD, a clusterfuck of a storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom