• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Souther

Banned
Even if someone does come up with the right answer based on all the hints, would he even confirm it? If not, then what's the point?

I wouldn't be surprised if people have already guessed the answers based on the hints multiple times now. But since he won't or can't confirm it's just and endless loop.

RobotRocker said:
Hmmmm. I wonder if that dubious relationship is related to Wanda shacking it up with Doctor Doom recently (That would make for an awkward "Assist Me" episode, if it's true)

As well. I don't get that Jubilee hint. I think it looks more like Psylocke.

She was a popular character in the 90's, appearing widely in the comics, TV show and most importantly, the Capcom videogames. X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse on the SNES, COTA and MSH in the arcades.

Now, I twigged this when Lupinko said he knew his comics. Psylocke was Betsy Braddock, a British model born with Mutant powers. Like most comic book characters, she was eventually killed, however, when she was resurrected, her soul was put in the body of a Japanese woman. The widely held theory among comic fans for this entirely random change? Her creator, Chris Claremont, had a thing for Asians, hence the Yellow fever

In the tweet about Jubilee's voice actress included Catherine Disher. VA of Jill Valentine, but more related to this, voiced Psylocke in the animated series and Capcom games.

Song lyrics? Misdirection. It's been glaring at us the entire time and it's so obvious when you look at it which is why Lupinko said "No more freebies". Why would Capcom drag in a minor character (And one in a temporary state at that. Vampire Jubilee? Seriously?) over one who has history with the franchise, was one of the characters that was popular as an assist and could also hold their own if needed in MvC2 and is also quite popular in Japan on top of that.

But then theories, speculation, spoon of mortons at the hand, etc.

What about the yellow raincoat thing?

Malajax

Just gonna throw this out there:

Usually, whenever SRK mentions a "donjon" or "doujin" fighting game, they are often referring to a "girly" fighting game(Melty Blood, Arcana Heart, Vanguard Princess etc). Doujin fighting games typically have an all (or mostly all) female cast.

Let's add to the fact that he's constantly been mentioning Jem, a female. Let's also add that the tweets pointing to a nsfw cover with tentacles or whatever that someone dug up(props to that person, but I can't find your post).

Hey, look. It's a red character, who happens to be female. Maybe it's not one of the characters depicted, but I'm still guessing a red female is probably our safe bet and we should go from there.

enzo_gt said:
Woke up.

What if the GAF meme is Germany, Australia or Florida?

EDIT: he said the GAF meme was posted. Hmmm, which one could it be? I posted like 6 back pages ago.
GAF stands for gaming age forum, the meme could be adding age to the end of topics ala sales-age, girl-age. Not sure if that had been posted or if it would help anything at all.

.la1n

mr. puppy said:
watch the red character be ken and all of you rage

KenMasters-1.jpg

Problem?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
pieatorium said:
GAF stands for gaming age forum, the meme could be adding age to the end of topics ala sales-age, girl-age. Not sure if that had been posted or if it would help anything at all.
But in OT, Germany, Australia or Florida is a meme for news About really messed up shit happens, because it usually happens in Germany, Australia or Florida. And this meme is still used today. No idea how this relates though, just a thought.

enzo_gt said:
But in OT, Germany, Australia or Florida is a meme for news About really messed up shit happens, because it usually happens in Germany, Australia or Florida. And this meme is still used today. No idea how this relates though, just a thought.
Yeah I know I was just throwing out another, what gaf means related meme.

DryEyeRelief said:
What about the yellow raincoat thing?

Yellow Fever is a not particularly pleasant nickname for a fetish of Asian men or women. It's a case of looking for too many clues within a single clue (As Lupinko warned about). Yellow fever doesn't mean yellow jacket. Can just mean an Asian character which opens it back up again.

Also, thinking about NeoGAF memes. This one became very popular for a while and I believe started off at NeoGAF and SRK at the same time thanks to TheSwitcher posting up his rather hilarious stupidity compilations on both sites and the youtube poop that followed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

OF COURSE! It's Dictator. Maybe.

Helps that this motherfucker is very red, too.

TGMIII

Malajax said:
Usually, whenever SRK mentions a "donjon" or "doujin" fighting game, they are often referring to a "girly" fighting game(Melty Blood, Arcana Heart, Vanguard Princess etc). Doujin fighting games typically have an all (or mostly all) female cast.

This could not be more wrong.

I'm still trying to link this to the other hints but I found this very interesting...

http://www.tv.com/street-fighter/strange-bedfellows/episode/239911/summary.html

That leads to a plot summary of an episode from the 1996 cartoon Street Fighter in which Guile and Bison team up. Bison, of course, WEARS DAT RED. Also, the name of the episode is Strange Bedfellows.

One of the voice actors in the episode is Janyse Jaud. She also does voice work for My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. MLP is a recurring meme on gaf that is pretty common in avatars.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
he just tweeted about the donjon stuff pertaining to a crossover.

so something NSFW about a red character about a one night stand in a crossover?

Gaf is looking into their meme, we gotta look into that donjon. Did anything happen ever in a dungeon in a capcom crossover between two characters, one out of left-field? Or is the one night stand the actual crossover itself?

huh.

Chibi said this person was so close but so far. Seems like there a bit of misdirection going on.

CecilMcW00t said:
I'm still trying to link this to the other hints but I found this very interesting...

http://www.tv.com/street-fighter/strange-bedfellows/episode/239911/summary.html

That leads to a plot summary of an episode from the 1996 cartoon Street Fighter in which Guile and Bison team up. Bison, of course, WEARS DAT RED. Also, the name of the episode is Strange Bedfellows.

One of the voice actors in the episode is Janyse Jaud. She also does voice work for My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. MLP is a recurring meme on gaf that is pretty common in avatars.
!!!!!! AAAAAWWW YEEAAAHHH Dat Bison!

bison-bio.jpg

Make him a short combo, high damage char with middle-of-the-road health and a fast teleport, make Head Stomp a OTG, and we have my new main.

Malajax said:
Just gonna throw this out there:

doujin game = Japnese indie game ,a category which AH and MB (not anymore) don't fall into. It's not necessarily girly.

See: Vanguard Princess, Akatsuki Blitzkamf (was originally doujin), Big Bang Beat, Monster, Immaterial and Missing Power

so your guess is off the mark.

I think what Chibi might be hinting at is that the "one-time relationship of a dubious nature" has nothing to do with sex at all (though it might), but more importantly, the "relationship" is about a cross-over. So, really, we should be looking for red characters that have had crossovers, maybe in a doujin, though it's not clear how literal that part is.

Instead of the doujin meaning, why not try out the dungeon meaning of donjon. It's defined as the inner tower, keep, or stronghold of a castle. Bison's headquarters in SFA3 were located inside of a statue of a Thai deity.

Let's break down the 'close but so far thing'.

The crossover thing could be that the character has appeared in a crossover game before or that two sides crossed-over. Good and evil for example. Would you consider a volcano a dungeon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZRBuTw9L1A#t=12m52s

Bison and Guile 'crossover' inside a volcano after being tricked by Akuma. This is a one night stand because it is short-lived and only happened once. It was out of left field because you'd never think that they would EVER team up because they are mortal enemies.

Instead of the doujin meaning, why not try out the dungeon meaning of donjon. It's defined as the inner tower, keep, or stronghold of a castle. Bison's headquarters in SFA3 were located inside of a statue of a Thai deity.
Because dungeon is the typical, dictionary meaning of donjon. Lupinko said that the word was specifically coined by him on SRK, thus it's a reference to anime fighting game engines, or something like that.

Karsticles said:
Because dungeon is the typical, dictionary meaning of donjon. Lupinko said that the word was specifically coined by him on SRK, thus it's a reference to anime fighting game engines, or something like that.

I edited my last post to further explain my train of thought for saying that.

Dirtbag

RobotRocker said:
Also, thinking about NeoGAF memes. This one became very popular for a while and I believe started off at NeoGAF and SRK at the same time thanks to TheSwitcher posting up his rather hilarious stupidity compilations on both sites and the youtube poop that followed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

OF COURSE! It's Dictator. Maybe.

Helps that this motherfucker is very red, too.

2552692798_3bd5a5b5b4_o.jpg

enzo_gt said:
EDIT: he said the GAF meme was posted. Hmmm, which one could it be? I posted like 6 back pages ago.
I posted this a couple days ago also
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29262511&postcount=3198

So yeah I guess it is Bison. Meh, would have rather it be Carnage.
Guessing game blows

Red clue is clearly for Zangief the Red Cyclone. Ok maybe I just want to play some Mecazangief.

Have they deconfirmed Firebrand yet? Because he's in SVC Chaos and is about as red as you can get.

Alright, so let's lay out the argument for Bison:
1) Mighty Max has the M on his head; "M" Bison.
2) Lots of red.
3) The above episode is called "strange bedfellows".
4) Lupinko reminded us that the tweets could apply to Capcom during a time when we were only considered Marvel character (oh, and Red Arremer - lolz).
5) Definitely "horny"; I'm sure he doesn't just have these girls around for assassinations:
http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/The_Dolls

Anything else?

Karsticles said:
2) Lots of red.
4) Lupinko reminded us that the tweets could apply to Capcom during a time when we were only considered Marvel character (oh, and Red Arremer - lolz).
5) Definitely "horny"; I'm sure he doesn't just have these girls around for assassinations:

Anything else?

The YES YES meme?

Dirtbag

Karsticles said:
2) Lots of red.

Anything else?

The Obama mother fucker meme goddam.
Obama president = M.Bison dictator

MrMephistoX

crimsonspider89 said:
So far here are the capcom characters who are red who have appeared in a crossover outside of this one

Saki
Roll
B.B. Hood
Bison
Red Arreemer
Zero
MMX Zero
Ken
Violent Ken
Roll Caskett(legends roll)
Tessa
Karin
Guy
Kyoko Minazuki
Astorath

Now to search these guys endings for said deed if a Capcom char.
Hmm no Carnage? If it's not Juggernaut...Cyclops sees red as in red glasses, red optic blasts, and he likes red heads. He's also a motherfucker of both Jean Grey and her clone Madelyn Pryor in both the literal and figurative senses having fathered several kids with said red heads only to abandon them ;)

Edit: posted the theory last night but it got buried.

No, Dante's costume is from when he attempted to disguise himself as Sparda in one of his games. It's not an actual SPARDA alt. It's still Dante.

Sparda evidence:
1) http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...-be-a-super-mvc3.132023/page-190#post-5572330

We are looking for something that fits a Dark Knight:
http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/The_Dark_Knight_Sparda

2) Chibi mentioned "horny red", and he definitely has horns.

3) The numerous Vergil and Dante hints that we all thought pointed to Vergil.

4) The strange human-demon sexual relationship.

5) Lupinko reminded us that his tweets are not company-specific.

6) Numerous "devil" hints.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Karsticles said:
No, Dante's costume is from when he attempted to disguise himself as Sparda in one of his games. It's not an actual SPARDA alt. It's still Dante.

Huh? No, man. It's an alt, but it's still Sparda... not a disguise. He looks similar because he's Dante/Vergil's father, not because it's Dante "dressing up" as Sparda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom