• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
lupinko Lance Lingos
I know I coined the phrase donjon on SRK, but c'mon it's pretty obvious what donjon is meant to stand for, other than Don Johnson
lupinko Lance Lingos
of Nash Bridges and Miami Vice fame

EDIT: Chibi on SRK:

Awww.

I didn't want to dismiss the work you put into getting to Carnage (or Neogaf rather), so I wanted to get you back onto the right track.

Seriously, I did not intend for my helping to backfire or anything like that.

I'm sincerely sorry if it did.

No Carnage. :/

I asked lupinko about my theory on the nsfw hint on twitter. Waiting for a response.

Edit: Misty Knight also pairs nicely with the earlier blaxploitation vids, even though he didn't say they were clues outright

lupinko Lance Lingos
If you believe you are well versed in fighting games, you should know what donjon means

lupinko Lance Lingos
yes those are related #datmarvel, and I am clearly helping when I shouldn't really =P also #jemformvc3

Hurmun

Neo Member
PolarBearsClub said:
I know it's not a meme, but neogaf had a mod named red scarlet.

Am I reaching here?

Yup.

Everything has basically been a bit of a reach. These hints are far too vague to really get anything solid out of it.

Dahbomb

Grecco said:
If Carnage isnt in then sorry but screw this and the riddles. Carnage fits way to well
Ditto. I accept Chibi's apology, I know he didn't mean any harm but if he is indeed dis-confirming Carnage then this riddle business is out of my leagues. I have been bested and I know when to throw the towel.

bt1.jpg

*Towel thrown

Carnage is the best I got and it's not good enough.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
NightmareTrigger said:
lupinko Lance Lingos
If you believe you are well versed in fighting games, you should know what donjon means

lupinko Lance Lingos
yes those are related #datmarvel, and I am clearly helping when I shouldn't really =P also #jemformvc3
_dementia said:
donjon is SRK trolltalk for "doujin"
doujin

Japanese word which literally means a group of people with the same interests, but it is often used as a shorthand for doujinshi.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=doujin
Doujinshi is amateur manga publications, featuring either a cast of original characters and plot or characters from another manga or an anime (a 'fan manga'). There's all sorts of doujinshi, though it isn't as widely circulated as more popular mangas, such as CLAMP works. Doujinshi is often cheap but is just as good as regular manga (well, some of the time...), and is sold on eBay, jpqueen.com, and other sites. Even if it isn't your bag, it's nice to take a peek and see a fan's perspective on Naruto... kinky pairings, too.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=doujinshi

*shrug*

I googled "lupinko donjon" and apparently it means "doujin stylez engine" according to some interview he did. It's a phrase he coined himself. Don't really see how a person who likes fighting games would know that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
PolarBearsClub said:
I googled "lupinko donjon" and apparently it means "doujin stylez engine" according to some interview he did. It's a phrase he coined himself. Don't really see how a person who likes fighting games would know that.
Now, what the fuck does that mean?

Chibi just confirmed that we have answered everything at least once in the SRK thread.

So take that as you will.

EDIT: Maybe not.

Honestly, just doing this till SDCC. And then will continue but SDCC should answer new mechanic, and will probably answer about 4 chars.

Which should give us ideas of the other eight chars.

SmithnCo

ThirtyPlus said:
Don't mind me...bailed out a long time ago, just stopped in to take a peek at all the carnage....oh, err. Sorry.

Ouch, low blow.

But seriously, what is this "doujin stylez engine?" It related to any games?

Dahbomb

I always thought doujin fighters referred to those fan made games on PC stuff like "Strip Fighter 4" or stuff like that.

I don't know how that relates to anything though.

eidrian said:
^ Never give up, we might have a real match!
YOU ARE RIGHT!

But I am all out of X factor... :(

Valnen

pieatorium said:
this thread is better every time vi come in here
I liked it until Vergil got deconfimed. Now I'm just following it hoping the marvel characters I like get in, but I'm not nearly as excited now...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Chibi says we got 7 right.

Okay so if we're talking fan-made fighers, I think I can narrow it down a bit..

Mugen MvC3 has our answer:
download1987.jpg

Good luck.

Doujin fighting games are ones with the same button layout as MvC3 (a, b, c, special).

but in terms of comics, it usually refers to fan manga. Usually of the risque variety.

Mr Touchdown said:
Doujin fighting games are ones with the same button layout as MvC3 (a, b, c, special).

but in terms of comics, it usually refers to fan manga. Usually of the risque variety.
Not necessarily risque, just fan-made.

Dahbomb

So........

Do we know any red Capcom characters that were in "anime fighter" games with a relationship?

Also it appears that Chibi confirmed that his math riddle answer was in fact 7. LOL...

This is some Death Note level of convoluted-ness. If this is all Capcom's doing then...

keikaku.jpg

Dahbomb

Gravijah said:
Still nothing concrete?
A couple of hours ago we had a definitive 6-7 character list on our hands... now we are back to 2 days ago. :(

I am also not up on my doujin fighter knowledge.

Dahbomb

We already knew about Strange, Gill and Mysterio a long time ago. 90% of us deduced Dr Strange from this, especially the other hints and the other villains already in MVC3. He is basically confirming something he confirmed a long time ago.

After the Carnage shaft, I ain't taking anything for granted now.

enzo_gt said:
Chibi says we got 7 right.

Okay so if we're talking fan-made fighers, I think I can narrow it down a bit..

Mugen MvC3 has our answer:
http://baixe.net/imgs/download1987.jpg

Good luck.
That game has more secret ? characters than SMVC3 has actual characters!

Chibi just said that only one are in.

So yeah.

Would SNKxCapcom and NamcoxCapcom be considered doujin fighters? What about Rival Schools or Power Stone?

Dahbomb

SolarPowered said:
I guess we're back to this now, huh?

Strider
Phoenix
Frank West
Jubilee
Dr Strange too, he seems very likely and no one has de-confirmed him yet.

The one that is throwing everyone off is a red character, in a doujin style doubious relationship with a strange bedfellow related to a GAF meme and a Mighty Max video. If you got anything better than Carnage, feel free to share it.

I almost want to take a week off..Just to see if this magically solves itself..but then I;d be so behind, and have no idea what's going on..It's a real quandary.

Dahbomb

crimsonspider89 said:
Chibi pretty much confirmed that Strange is in due to jello tweet.

Frank we are still uncertain of.
No we are not. That's a top 3 lock.

"You know combining orange juice and chocolate milk actually makes a great drink, I recommend it, gives you the boost and nutrition"
Direct reference to the recipe in Dead Rising. Can't get easier than that except for Clockwork.

Plus Frank West was in an official Capcom silhouette and was dropped at the last roster check. His name is on the disc already with uncompleted assets. No one has de-confirmed him and people have already accepted he will be in the game so no point in putting in more tweets about him.

Oh and I consider Chuck and Frank the same.

Dahbomb said:
We already knew about Strange, Gill and Mysterio a long time ago. 90% of us deduced Dr Strange from this, especially the other hints and the other villains already in MVC3. He is basically confirming something he confirmed a long time ago.

Some people on Shoryuken are thinking that Chibi meant "yes (I could tell you whether any of those characters are in or not)" and not "yes (one of those characters is in)".

EDIT: Never mind, he just confirmed that he did say one of those characters was in and not the other thing.

SmithnCo

Yeah, I'm quite sure it's Frank, even if you want to say it's maybe Chuck, that reference is likely to Dead Rising 1. Considering Orange Juice and Milk gives you Nectar which isn't really a boost, and he specifically says chocolate milk.

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
Some people on Shoryuken are thinking that Chibi meant "yes (I could tell you whether any of those characters are in or not)" and not "yes (one of those characters is in)".

yay for even more lost ground..

SmithnCo said:
Yeah, I'm quite sure it's Frank, even if you want to say it's maybe Chuck, that reference is likely to Dead Rising 1. Considering Orange Juice and Milk gives you Nectar which isn't really a boost, and he specifically says chocolate milk.
Though there is no combining in the first Dead Rising. So which part of the hint is more important?

Dahbomb

Sir Ilpalazzo said:

EDIT: Never mind, he just confirmed that he did say one of those characters was in and not the other thing.
It's definitely the 2nd part, he confirmed it again. One of those 3 is in the game. Period.

NVM edited posted.

See here is the hints so far that he has confirmed unless he is not telling us one or the jubilee hint referred to another char along with the Cable hint.

1. Clockw0rk
2. Naruhodu or whatever.
3. Jubilee hint.
4. Car
5. AIDS
6. Red
7. Doughnut
8. Jello
9. Max

The Max and red refer to the same char so..... yeah.

So maybe I am wrong there.

Maybe he forgot one. Which means the Cable hint has yet to be solved and maybe the red one refers to a Capcom char.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom