• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartastic

DryEyeRelief said:
10z8vb6.jpg

SmithnCo

crimsonspider89 said:
Means, we are LOOOOOOOSSSSTTTTTT!

Master Chibi just confirmed that.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO........ not Carnage. He may of been referring to Scarlet Witch through and through.

AW jeez I thought we'd finally got one that wasn't a freebie.

Uh oh guys, SRK speculations says that the last tweet is less about Odysseus, but about the "lost" part implying we are lost on the hints, and not headed in the right direction. Looks like Chibi agrees.

From SRK
Master Chibi said:
Someone clue me in as to how we came to Carnage?

Who were the other red candidates?

Mr. X said:
Chibi knows what Lupinko knows, he's saying what Lupinko is saying:

We are lost.

Master Chibi said:
applause.gif

Maybe that wink was for Juggernaut, I know it kind of goes against the evidence for carnage, but maybe we should rethink.
Edit: Beaten again :(

JazzmanZ

I find the cyclops thing a bit weird since Lupinko would of said 'don't lose again' and not 'don't get lost' for Odysseus.

That doesn't make sense grammatically.

vg260

GatorBait said:
Same thing I've been thinking. The pre-MvC3 Venom character was relatively boring for what they could've done with him. Sort of like Spider-Man, I'd hate for the game developers to feel like they had to stick mostly to his old moveset. I've felt that a re-imagined Spider-Man character in MvC3 could've been much cooler than what we ended up with. Hopefully we'll get that with Carnage in lieu of Venom.

Same here. They could do so much better with Spider-Man than carrying over his outdated character design from MSH. Same w/ Cap. Both were pseudo-shotos and worked ok in MSH but not really in anything after. Both could be so much sweeter re-imagined.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh.. FFS.

He asked what the candidates are so far, someone list up all the people we've considered so far and give it to him

Mephisto
Bishop
Carnage
Scarlett Witch
etc.

So he can continue helping.

...FFS.

EDIT:
MasterChibi said:
Haha.

I will shush now.

Just blame it all on Neogaf~
...reverse psychology? Please? :(

JazzmanZ

I'd like to ask Lupinko how big of a Marvel fan he is to begin with, because there's a lot of characters in the comic universe that could still link up to as 'red' and 'strange bed fellows' and any other hint he gives.

edit: now that I think about it thats a stupid question, for all I know he has the list and looks up these characters brief biographies on a wiki.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
2&2 said:
Same here. They could do so much better with Spider-Man than carrying over his outdated character design from MSH. Same w/ Cap. Both were pseudo-shotos and worked ok in MSH but not really in anything after. Both could be so much sweeter re-imagined.

I'm a huge Spider-Man fan but really don't like the way he plays and how execution heavy he is. Also very much hate how awkward his hunched stance looks and the feel of the textures of his suit. Would main the fuck out of him if those were adressed but that'll never happen so bring on Carnage.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
JazzmanZ said:
I'd like to ask Lupinko how big of a Marvel fan he is to begin with, because there's a lot of characters in the comic universe that could still link up to as 'red' and 'strange bed fellows' and any other hint he gives.
Or Capcom characters.

If it's Juggs, then what's the GAF meme that relates to Juggs? Same with Scarlett Witch, and Cyke, what's the meme? Everything added up so fucking well with Carnage. I still think, outside of Juggs maybe, the rest of the candidates are too farfetched.

I'm getting a bit exhausted with this to be honest, the hints get simpler, the evidence all adds up and... your not there, your lost, here's some more hints to recycle the process. Getting you lost was part of the plan, try again for the same results. Fuck this and fuck ambiguity. We've already seen a ton of people drop out of this altogether. You have no idea how glad I was to be done the red bullshit. I think Lupinko at this point, in conjunction with Chibi is taking everyone for a ride no pun intended. Lupinko's having fun so they don't have to release the full list by SDCC, or even afterwards.

*sigh*

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
JazzmanZ said:

edit: now that I think about it thats a stupid question, for all I know he has the list and looks up these characters brief biographies on a wiki.
lupinko Lance Lingos
I know plenty bout dem comics do not question mah authoritah #demcomics

Bishop just ruled out. My Holmes sense if saying..........

that it is....................................

Scarlet Witch, and please yes. Fuck yes. He mentioned magic. Shit totally hope so.

Fuck yeah.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If he's saying it's left-field, that probably means our guesses so far are too expected. Juggs is too expected. He was in MvC3.

Scarlett Witch shit is too all over the place to be correct.

Gunloc said:
Are we sure the "red" character is a Marvel character though? Or are people just leaning in that direction?
Just leading. Lupinko tweeted recently that hints are ambiguous of Marvel/Capcom, but people can't think of dubious relationships on the Capcom side.

Donjon=dungeon which usually refers to some S&M.

OMG we are getting Rihanna in the game now.

LMAO.

Think of some chars who have had an one night stand and it was S&M

JazzmanZ

enzo_gt said:
lupinko Lance Lingos
I know plenty bout dem comics do not question mah authoritah #demcomics

Whatever you say Rouge!

Also Penace has as much chance of being playable in this game as Mole man.

Dahbomb

WTF HAPPENED HERE!!!!

DO NOT TELL ME THAT CARNAGE GOT DE-CONFIRMED!!!

Edit: Odysseus and Cyclops seem a good enough link. And I can definitely get behind "BEHOLD..." in MVC3.

crimsonspider89 said:
Donjon=dungeon which usually refers to some S&M.

OMG we are getting Rihanna in the game now.

LMAO.

Think of some chars who have had an one night stand and it was S&M
donjon is SRK trolltalk for "doujin"

Hurmun

Neo Member
SmithnCo said:
Now we are discussing S&M in dungeons as it applies to Marvel characters. Pretty amazing, lol.

I was thinking the exact same thing hahaha. You guys dig deep.

Dahbomb said:
WTF HAPPENED HERE!!!!

DO NOT TELL ME THAT CARNAGE GOT DE-CONFIRMED!!!

Edit: Odysseus and Cyclops seem a good enough link. And I can definitely get behind "BEHOLD..." in MVC3.

I miss hearing "BEHOLD..."

So, if the nsfw hint WAS the Heroes for Hire cover I linked, that would point to Misty Knight, who if i'm not mistaken has had a fling w/ Iron Fist, then dropped him for his partner, Luke Cage. Her costume is also famously red.
Red. Bam
Dubious relationship. Bam. (Both Misty + the partners, and the partners themselves. They're kind of an odd duo)

Of course this is all baseless assumption.

Dahbomb

I was just about to take a well deserved sleep thinking we have finally confirmed a character...

ONLY FOR CHIBI TO COME IN AND DISCONFIRM IT???

SAY IT AIN'T SO GAF... SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

I am looking over the hints and everything Carnage related and it's truly the best thing we have thus far. If this ends up being true, nothing else is good enough and it might as well be a shot in the dark now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
I was just about to take a well deserved sleep thinking we have finally confirmed a character...

ONLY FOR CHIBI TO COME IN AND DISCONFIRM IT???

SAY IT AIN'T SO GAF... SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

I am looking over the hints and everything Carnage related and it's truly the best thing we have thus far. If this ends up being true, nothing else is good enough and it might as well be a shot in the dark now.
I thought this about Mephisto, Elektra and even Vergil at some point, but Carnage is our best guess. I can't think of anything else that hits all of those criteria. Carnage even hits the meme one, where none of the others but Bishop does, and he's been disconfirmed.

Yeah, I'm taking a backseat to a lot of this. I'm not willing to put much more effort in if it's going to keep leading to nowhere, and keep us in a loophole.

So no S&M, alright.

For a second thought we were going to be getting Rachel Summers with her infamous S&M type outfits or Maddie Pryor.

So either refers to hentai with said character or an onpanel event in said comic.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Via SRK:

Master Chibi said:
Zebster said:
I'm going to take a bold step and ask you Chibi:
Throughout the entirety of this thread, how many characters and/or other things have we gotten correct? Not just things we agreed on, but anything anyone said. No specifics of course, just a number.
flyingz.jpg
0017572.gif
greatmovie.jpg

lrg_tango_style_equals.png
dane-cook-riddler.jpg

That should be an easy one :looney:~

Is that.. 1-2?

EDIT: Edited my post cause Chibi edited his, the last image doesn't load, but it's a picture of the riddler.

What's the picture on the left?

DR2K

Banned
We've pretty much mentioned every relevant and possibly exciting character for MVC3. No one is confirmed, all this blues clues shit is fail. Jem is the truth.

Dahbomb

Carnage trumps any character thus far. Elektra, Scarlet Witch, Mephisto, Juggernaut, Bishop, Vergil... whatever. It was the piece that made everything sensible. Nothing is going to come close unless it's a direct confirmation from Lupinko himself. The best we can do is backtrack to the point when Lupinko "winked" which would bring us back to Scarlet Witch/Juggernaut.

Chibi posted 3 images which was to a question of "how many did we get right?"

It's a picture of Eureka 7, a minus symbol and 2. So according to him we have 5 things correct. I don't know if that's 5 characters correct or just 5 things in general correct. If it's 5 things then that really means we only have 3 characters confirmed. :(

Dahbomb

That's a picture of EUREKA 7. It's a pretty famous anime too... <.<

It's 7 - 2 = 5. If that's 5 characters, we basically have 5 in the bag out of these 6 (Strider, Phoenix, Frank, Jubilee, Carnage, Dr Strange). If it's 5 out of the 9 hints (including 12 donuts and Car engine) then that means we only have 3 characters correct.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SmithnCo said:
So five, out of everything anyone has said in that thread. Not too helpful.
Yeah, 2 of them being PW and Strider, possibly Frank West and Jubilee and one of Mysterio, Gill or Strange.

Fantastic.

EDIT:

Haha.

I would not make it so easy as to just show the numbers outright.

You are subtracting though. It is not 5.

kekeke

*sigh*

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Grecco said:
Has Chibi been confirmed as legitimate?
Well lupinko acknowledged him on his twitter as one of his horsemen, then went on to say "he's only saying what he been told" or something of the sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom