• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

robot

Dahbomb said:
One more thing that people are a bit confused on that I might clarify here.

Lupinko said the previous hint "was a bit out of left field like out of the box". This is talking about the relationship bit which he further hinted with "strange bedfellows".

This isn't an actual relationship or "one night stand" that many of us believed to be. It's in fact Venom/Spider Man's uneasy alliance in Maximum Carnage that was labeled the same "strange bedfellows". Hence why it's "left field".

I will say for the last time here, unless Lupinko is trolling hardcore... Carnage is a lock.

The Max video = Maximum Carnage. Another one in the bag if it's supposed to relate to red.
Red Arremer did kidnap the princess in the beginning of G&G - who knows what happen between them while Arthur was running through the game! Sorry just not letting this one go, it's gonna be him.

NightmareTrigger said:
But the Jello was Blue/Green....

Which doesn't mean it has to correlate with the colors of the character hinted at. It was just relating to a commercial.
As mentioned, the jello-hint, if it is a hint, could be connected to Carnage cause he's a goo.

It just would make sense and is not too obvious because people kept on clinging to the colors instead of the jello itself.

@enzo and DahBomb:
Additional proof for Carnage to be a sure addition is the fact that lupinko gave us a shoutout just containing a hashtag stating who we were and a " ;-) " during the time we were only talking about Carnage.

He deleted the tweet though.

@DahBomb:
Not sure if Dr. Strange is out of the picture.

Chibi stating one of 3 characters (Gill, Mysterio and Dr. Strange) being in, Strange has an entirely different case going for him. I don't know if any of lupinko's hints were directed at one of these 3 characters, so I'm not sure what to make out of the Bill Cosby and wizardry hints, but they might actually be related to it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Takuan said:
The animations are fantastic, but the character modeling is somewhat simple. There's a certain quality to the textures for certain characters that I had to get used to initially. My main concern with Carnage is that I don't want his suit to be static costume the way it is on other characters. His outfit is literally alive and should look the part, regardless of what he's doing on screen. The technology is certainly there.
I never had a problem with the models really, and even when you see them close up, in win poses and whatnot, they look fantastic, especially in the artstyle which I am a huge advocate of.

But I completely understand what you mean, the symbiote needs to be alive and constantly in motion during all of his animations. I expect no less, and surely hope it is that way.

Dahbomb

Yeah that one (the mysteriously deleted "wink" tweet) is what pointed the finger at Carnage because before that people were stuck on Scarlet Witch/Juggernaut. It wasn't until Nils brought up Cletus the red head which sparked the Carnage discussion.

Also Cletus is a red head... ANOTHER LINK!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Becquerel said:
Which doesn't mean it has to correlate with the colors of the character hinted at. It was just relating to a commercial.
As mentioned, the jello-hint, if it is a hint, could be connected to Carnage cause he's a goo.

It just would make sense and is not too obvious because people kept on clinging to the colors instead of the jello itself.

@enzo and DahBomb:
Additional proof for Carnage to be a sure addition is the fact that lupinko gave us a shoutout just containing a hashtag stating who we were and a " ;-) " during the time we were only talking about Carnage.

He deleted the tweet though.
I'm going to mention that bit.. but I'm not gonna put it as a legitimate source because we have little hard proof of it aside from a dead link and Karsticles word (which I believe regardless). This is just for consistencies sake.

But I say you guys back off connecting carnage to the jello and other hints. Lupinko said recent tweets aided in narrowing down a previous hint, not multiple hints that all referred to the same character. We should treat them in isolation.

Dahbomb

The mystery tweet and red head link should be mentioned for sure (like towards the end). Max video should definitely be linked as well, it's an important part of the puzzle even if we didn't get the answer from it Lupinko certainly tried to hint at it with "elementary". Max = Maximum Carnage.

Goo and car engine should not be especially since car engine was specifically called out as not being linked to Carnage.

Yea, let's just stop with connecting Carnage to shyte, we know he's a lock anyway. :D

Hey lupinko, are you going to reveal which hints related to what after the game has been announced or released?

Dahbomb

For those of you just tuning in, expect these characters in SMVC3:

Strider
Phoenix Wright
Frank West/Chuck Greene
Carnage
Jubilee

In order of likelihood of appearance. I feel Carnage is so strong at this point that he actually trumps Jubilee in likelihood. The top 4 characters coincidentally or not are also part of the most wanted DLC polls character list.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Another thing about Carnage:

Cletus Kassidy is a redhead.
"reddest motherfucker"- not only is he red, but the whole marketing campaign for Maximum Carnage (VG) was "Paint the town red".

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SuperAngelo64 said:
Enter thread.

CTRL + F

"Mega Man"
"Megaman"
"Rockman"

Nothing.

Leave thread.

Repeat on next page.
I heard Megaman X is in the game, has 1000 stamina, and when he dies, regardless of meter, he gets resurrected as Megaman Starforce.

Sorry it's taking so long guys, I have previous obligations before I can get to really hammering out the details.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
This shit is so stupid. No other fighting game company pulls this self-important character type reveal like Capcom does. Don't get wrapped up in this shit. A game like MVC3++ or whatever it's going to be called should have all the characters you are dreaming up and more and announce 5 at a time. The stupid reveal trailers for Street Fighter x Tekken are useless. They are mostly Street Fighter 4 characters that we've seen for years.

I wonder how Carnage will play exactly. I figure he'll be a cross between Spidey and Skrull with better pokes, great speed and some mid range grappling abilities that lead to full combos. I could see him moving through the tiers quickly.

Don't see any reason for Nero or Vergil if characters like Strider and Carnage continue to fill up the teleporter/mid range grab niche(if this is the case).
Dahbomb said:
For those of you just tuning in, expect these characters in SMVC3:

Strider
Phoenix Wright
Frank West/Chuck Greene
Carnage
Jubilee

In order of likelihood of appearance. I feel Carnage is so strong at this point that he actually trumps Jubilee in likelihood. The top 4 characters coincidentally or not are also part of the most wanted DLC polls character list.
She was a dead giveaway the last time I checked. If we go back to the exact moment when we figured her out he claimed she was a "freebie". For all the certainty we have about Carnage, we still can't get a confirmation like we did with her.

Dahbomb

Toxicplatypus said:
Ok if we have this carnage stuff down, isn't another long stream of consciousness riddle on it's way soon so we can ponder it over the weekend?
We still have some previous ones to figure out like Bill Cosby/blue green goo + wizardry. My guess is on Dr Strange especially since the guy on SRK said one of Gill, Mysterio or Dr Strange is in the game.

Now that Carnage is a lock as the Spider Man villain, that's less reason for Mysterio to be in the game. Dr Strange is probably the character that should be discussed now as far as the next likely character to be in the game.

SolarPowered said:
I wonder how Carnage will play exactly. I figure he'll be a cross between Spidey and Skrull with better pokes, great speed and some mid range grappling abilities that lead to full combos. I could see him moving through the tiers quickly.
Expect him to have a lot of high priority attacks because he can morph himself into weapon shapes. He would be like Spider Man + Venom meaning he will have high priority approaches (Venom Fang). He will have some grappling abilities and he will of course have high mobility.

erlim said:
This shit is so stupid. No other fighting game company pulls this self-important character type reveal like Capcom does. Don't get wrapped up in this shit. A game like MVC3++ or whatever it's going to be called should have all the characters you are dreaming up and more and announce 5 at a time. The stupid reveal trailers for Street Fighter x Tekken are useless. They are mostly Street Fighter 4 characters that we've seen for years.
The game hasn't even been announced man, calm down. These are leaks.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
NightmareTrigger said:
But the Jello was Blue/Green....

The Maximum Carnage arc and others have symbiotes in all colors of the rainbow running around. Hell, the last recent arc Carnage was in spawned yet another symbiote. Purple this time.

Nils said:
The Maximum Carnage arc and others have symbiotes in all colors of the rainbow running around. Hell, the last recent arc Carnage was in spawned yet another symbiote. Purple this time.

I actually recently re-read some of the Venom comics. I remember in, I think it was Lethal Protector, there being a whole 5 symbiote dudes running around, 2 of them being female. And they all had their own color. Though they were only on like 5 panels and then died, lol.

Dahbomb

She was a dead giveaway the last time I checked. If we go back to the exact moment when we figured her out he claimed she was a "freebie". For all the certainty we have about Carnage, we still can't get a confirmation like we did with her.
She's a lock too but because of Lupinko saying it's a "freebie" we didn't have many clues to work with. If Lupinko was talking about the Strider/Wright freebies... Jubilee's case is less strong but I am still confident in Jubilee. I just feel given current evidence, Carnage is a big lock now. I only say this because I was absent the day Jubilee was confirmed but yeah... she is a lock.

robot

NightmareTrigger said:
The game hasn't even been announced man, calm down. These are leaks.
Well likely only get 4 or so characters revealed next week if the game is announced. Everyone's in for a long ass ride. It's the ultimate mind fuuuuuu...

We still have some previous ones to figure out like Bill Cosby/blue green goo + wizardry. My guess is on Dr Strange especially since the guy on SRK said one of Gill, Mysterio or Dr Strange is in the game.

My point was more that he will have to support another rumor now, with many a developing tweet. Kinda how he kept giving us red people ones until we got it.

Dahbomb

Toxicplatypus said:
My point was more that he will have to support another rumor now, with many a developing tweet. Kinda how he kept giving us red people ones until we got it.
Yeah that's right. Lupinko's new tweets should be about something other than Carnage now. And since a lot of previous hints have been eliminated, it's going to be something genuinely new (unless relating back to Bill Cosby/wizardry/Dr Strange).

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Totally want some sort of tendril spike(s) OTG if Carnage assist if Carnage is indeed in. Preferably with a similar effect/leniency than Wesker's. So far his OTG assist seems far superior than basically any other in the game.

erlim said:

what? the character and game speculation were totally started by the fans. People just want it badly enough to dig for info and play ARGs with people who have inside info, Capcom hasn't done anything.

as for SF x Tekken, they've shown trailers, but they've also brought the game in its current state to fighting game tourneys, to let people in the scene play it and give feedback on it. How often does that happen? They even let them stream and record the matches. I think they do that with their other fighters too.

I don't want to defend them, but if there's one thing they do get mostly right, it's their interaction with the fighting game fan base.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
robot said:
Well likely only get 4 or so characters revealed next week if the game is announced. Everyone's in for a long ass ride. It's the ultimate mind fuuuuuu...
If they decide to do a blow out, yes we'll get 4 characters at Comic-Con.

But then a few days later, Evo begins, and we'll get more crack there.

Toxicplatypus said:
The feeling of relative closure with riddles.. this all feels so good.

Lupinko, keep doing shit this way, or just, y'know, do obvious hints from now on spaced far apart. I'm cool with that too.

Dahbomb

ENZO where the DAMN UPDATED SUMMARY AT?

Also I don't expect more than 2 characters confirmed at Comic Con. Maybe 2 more at EVO. Capcom is going to spread out the character reveals over the course of several months just like they did with MVC3, leading up to the eventual reveal. If they have 10 or so characters in the bag to reveal, showing off half so early doesn't make too much sense especially since they know the ridiculous amount of hype this stuff generates.

I expect something like 2 Comic Con, 2 EVO, 2 Gamescom, 2 TGS, 2 Winter/Christmas and then 2 around the release of SMVC3. Releasing anything above 4 characters over the course of the following weeks would be too ballsy for Capcom.

Dahbomb said:
She's a lock too but because of Lupinko saying it's a "freebie" we didn't have many clues to work with. If Lupinko was talking about the Strider/Wright freebies... Jubilee's case is less strong but I am still confident in Jubilee. I just feel given current evidence, Carnage is a big lock now. I only say this because I was absent the day Jubilee was confirmed but yeah... she is a lock.
I guess I can understand that. The reason why I feel so strongly about her is because I was the one who posted that yellow fever relates to her seeing as she is a Chinese American. Didn't take long for lupinko to basically confirm her after that. We can screencap it, we can print it out or we can get it from cache unlike the mysterious confirmation "wink" for Carnage.

Either way, this is a time to celebrate a new addition to the cast and a fine one at that!

Dahbomb said:
I expect something like 2 Comic Con, 2 EVO, 2 Gamescom, 2 TGS, 2 Winter/Christmas and then 2 around the release of SMVC3. Releasing anything above 4 characters over the course of the following weeks would be too ballsy for Capcom.

I might be misreading your comment but I can't see them releasing it any later than this holiday, unless the character count is over what I thought.

I don't think the scene will benefit from that kind of wait, because everyone will literally just want to hold off until the new roster/balance changes/possible spectator mode comes out.

I guess we'll see in about a week.

SmithnCo

I wonder what the first two characters they will show are... Gotta be pretty hype. Maybe Strider for one.

I just want comiccon to start already.

Dahbomb

sersteven said:
I might be misreading your comment but I can't see them releasing it any later than this holiday, unless the character count is over what I thought.

I don't think the scene will benefit from that kind of wait, because everyone will literally just want to hold off until the new roster/balance changes/possible spectator mode comes out.

I guess we'll see in about a week.
Just a random guess on release date. Only thing we got going is the whole 12 Donut thing which could refer to December (12th month) or something in 2012. I can easily see this coming in the Holiday season in which case the progression of character reveals still stands (they don't have to reveal the entire cast, 2 can remain secret).

Thank you lupinko for perhaps giving us a freebie...You are a pretty cool guy..make me any happier and another Jem follower is yours.
Yeah thanks Lupinko for not giving up on us!

Dahbomb said:
Just a random guess on release date. Only thing we got going is the whole 12 Donut thing which could refer to December (12th month) or something in 2012. I can easily see this coming in the Holiday season in which case the progression of character reveals still stands (they don't have to reveal the entire cast, 2 can remain secret).

Half of it is me just wanting some more of #datmarvel and most of it is me thinking it'll be another Capcom blunder financially and customer-respect wise if they take to long to bring this content.

I hope it's December.

Dartastic

It's funny, because I go into this thread, see the character announcements, get sorta excited, then I actually go and play Marvel 3. My hype mysteriously vanishes.

Nyoro SF

chun li's thighs said:
I like watching you guys guess at what's coming at SDCC. You guys will be surprised next week.

Too ambiguous for me to take seriously!

Though I was thinking earlier... Capcom is talking like the event at SDCC is going to be something HUGE, really big, FANTASTIC NEWS and so forth. "Announcement of a AAA game." Those're not announcements worthy of a simple DLC update to MvC3.

I wonder if there is something way bigger than just characters and mechanics going on here. Or, something bigger than MvC3.

Probably not Darkstalkers though. PROVE ME WRONG PLEASE.

Dahbomb

I don't know if SMVC3 is going to change your perspective. Unless you have qualms about the online and Capcom actually does retools the online drastically.

Dahbomb

Dirtbag said:
No love for my Aunt May carnage / red venom... I said this shit days ago
I missed it otherwise I would've given it love. The 2 other memes (Wolverine 0-face and red Samuel/Bishop mod) were convincing too.

In this thread, a day can change a lot. We went from Apocalypse -> Cable -> Bishop -> Mephisto -> Red Arremer -> Elektra -> Scarlet Witch -> Juggernaut -> Carnage. And A WHOLE bunch of other characters in between.

I was the first one to say Carnage but everyone led me astray....

And I was about ready to hop on the Wanda hyper train.

Do we know for certain the Max clue does relate to the person in red and not just the Cable deconfirm clue?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
chun li's thighs said:
I like watching you guys guess at what's coming at SDCC. You guys will be surprised next week.
Who are you?

TEMPERAMENTAL HYPE!!!!

And Dirtbag, I remember your post a few days ago on Carnage, but I mean, at the time we didn't have the additional hints to solidify Carnage, and everyone was still on that Bishop ish.

Dirtbag

I liked the Bishop thinking, I figured it had to be one of the two (carnage / bishop).

No one else felt like they hit on enough of the other clues.

EDIT: I posted that before the bishop thing even came up.

Dahbomb

enzo_gt said:
Who are you?

TEMPERAMENTAL HYPE!!!!

And Dirtbag, I remember your post a few days ago on Carnage, but I mean, at the time we didn't have the additional hints to solidify Carnage, and everyone was still on that Bishop ish.
DUDE.... THE SUMMARY!

Dirtbag

Carnage has me excited, though many groan about his inclusion. I always thought venom was a wasted opportunity for a better character playstyle, so hopefully capcom does more with Carnage. I'll main the fuck out of him if he plays well. I love sinister characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom