• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dahbomb said:
My only dilemma with Carnage is that him, Spider Man and Deadpool on a team... WAY TOO MUCH red.

Magneto? Red/purple Sent? Dante? Iron Man? Red-costumed Wesker, Cap, Hulk, She-Hulk, Storm, Dormammu, Dr. Doom? :p

Honestly, the chances of seeing Spidey in any team is very unlikely, unless they buff the hell out of him.

Also, Carnage better have a Venom costume, otherwise I'm gonna be salty.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Carnage huh? Hope he has a level 3.

Would anyone mind if I just.. didn't include Scarlett Witch and shit in the summary? It seems like Carnage is a lock.

Can someone link me to the Red Venom thread?

enzo_gt said:

Would anyone mind if I just.. didn't include Scarlett Witch and shit in the summary? It seems like Carnage is a lock.

How many characters in the game lack a level 3 anyways?

I've been under the assumption that it is more of a rarity to see a character with no level 3.

Dahbomb

Becquerel said:

Honestly, the chances of seeing Spidey in any team is very unlikely, unless they buff the hell out of him.

Also, Carnage better have a Venom costume, otherwise I'm gonna be salty.
? Spider Man has seen tremendous play as of recent and won a Guard Crush tournament as well. He has one of the highest meterless damage in the game and has legit touch of death combos off of near guaranteed resets. Not to mention that the reason why people have been picking him up is because he has the most LEGIT anti-Phoenix technology out there if Phoenix makes it to 5 bars. Spider Man/Dr Doom/Wesker is a near top tier team especially if Doom is on Hidden Missiles.

What Red Venom thread?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
What Red Venom thread?
Aunt May is Red Venom is apparently a shortlived GAF meme, that would also solidify the Carnage evidence. You know how stingy I am about not all the pieces of evidence adding up, but for Carnage, it appears they do.

SolarPowered said:
How many characters in the game lack a level 3 anyways?

I've been under the assumption that it is more of a rarity to see a character with no level 3.
Although I understand that some characters don't need level 3s (i.e. Task), It's really nice that they do. Flashiness of them makes them so hard to resist. In my perfect world I'd like every character to have a level 3.

IMO, at this point, just include Carnage. And you don't have to do Bishop, haha.

Dahbomb said:
? Spider Man has seen tremendous play as of recent and won a Guard Crush tournament as well. He has one of the highest meterless damage in the game and has legit touch of death combos off of near guaranteed resets. Not to mention that the reason why people have been picking him up is because he has the most LEGIT anti-Phoenix technology out there if Phoenix makes it to 5 bars. Spider Man/Dr Doom/Wesker is a near top tier team especially if Doom is on Hidden Missiles.

Wait what? When did Spider-Man become good?
Guess that's what you get for not following the metagame. :V

@enzo:
I dunno, someone mentioned Red Venom being a meme from GAF in the thread, I assumed it was correct cause nobody stated him wrong.

I found a Maximum Carnage-thread though where it was brought up by one of this thread's regulars (God's Beard). I dunno. :V

Edit:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179132

Edit 2:
I remember lupinko directly interacting with God's Beard, and he also stated in his tweet that the meme is "known by a few GAF users", so I suppose that means it's not a widespread meme, but rather a lesser known one.
Red Venom fits the idea there quite well, actually.

Edit 3:
"known by a certain forum" it was. I do remember him stating GAF meme somewhere, but I can't find the tweet, it might be gone.

Dahbomb

Aunt May is Red Venom is apparently a shortlived GAF meme, that would also solidify the Carnage evidence. You know how stingy I am about not all the pieces of evidence adding up, but for Carnage, it appears they do.
Aunt May is Red Venom is a GAF meme? :O

FOLKS... WE GOT OURSELVES A CONFIRMATION!

If that's the case... Bishop de-confirmed?

Wait what? When did Spider-Man become good?
Guess that's what you get for not following the metagame. :V
Spider Man was always "good" in the game but slept on. Didn't help him when only 1 or 2 players in the entire US played him seriously.

This is what I am talking about, scroll to 1:23:00 for the match.

http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky/b/289643943

And this doesn't even show the stuff he can do with Doom's Hidden Missile (spoiler: He can kill characters without using a meter).

Nyoro SF

Now that I think about it, this is the first riddle that has been completely solved since the riddles began.

Unfortunately, it relied on a slip-up of the riddler, but that's ok. Something is better than nothing.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Apparently "Strange Bedfellows" isn't a chapter title in Maximum Carnage the series. However, I know for a fact that it was either in the actual Sega Genesis game or the instruction manual. I remember it clearly because I was a kid and I'd never heard the phrase before, so I looked it up.

I'll see if I can locate it when I get home.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Jem would be top tier.

She was a Marvel property once and with her being popular again, MvC3 needs her.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
JazzmanZ said:
So whose in the confirmed spots now?
Phoenix Wright, Strider, Frank West, Jubilee and Carnage we are the most certain on. Everyone else is iffy, or hints that we thought were conclusive were non-roster related.

Dahbomb

GuardianE said:
Apparently "Strange Bedfellows" isn't a chapter title in Maximum Carnage the series. However, I know for a fact that it was either in the actual Sega Genesis game or the instruction manual. I remember it clearly because I was a kid and I'd never heard the phrase before, so I looked it up.

I'll see if I can locate it when I get home.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/588683-spider-man-and-venom-maximum-carnage/faqs/2798

It did. Ctrl+ F "Strange bedfellows". You are correct and this hint does in fact confirm Carnage. I don't know if Lupinko did this on purpose or not but if he did.. it was GENIUS. As soon as you brought it up it clicked instantly with me.

The Red Venom/Aunt May GAF meme seals the deal for me and I didn't even know of this prior to locking Carnage.

Grecco

enzo_gt said:
Phoenix Wright, Strider, Frank West, Jubilee and Carnage we are the most certain on. Everyone else is iffy, or hints that we thought were conclusive were non-roster related.

So we either have half or almost half of the roster depending on the donuts thing

Grecco

enzo_gt said:

Apocalypse?

Dahbomb

DryEyeRelief said:
Hey guys, what are some characters that Niitsuma deconfirmed a long time ago?
Sentinel.

I know you are talking about Carnage but seriously... RAM issues? LOL!

Grecco said:
Apocalypse?
Not more than Jubilee, Bishop and especially Carnage. Carnage has just hit the "top 4 most likely to be in SMVC3" list.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Grecco said:
Apocalypse?
See, I would say so, but Apocalypse was apparently just a segue to get to the Cable deconfirmation.

=[

And lol I was right about to post that GameFAQs link and Dahbomb beat me to it. Good stuff.

Dahbomb

Nitsuma deconfirmed Gene also because he said that some of his moves would make the game "M" rated. :(

Oh yeah he deconfirmed Strider too...

Also no Nero/Vergil or any DMC characters. But you have to remember these de-confirmations came a long time ago, even long before MVC3's release.

Cyclops and Gambit too.

JazzmanZ

The fantastic four, Silver surfer and Ghost rider were deconfirmed I believe.

The FF became Super-skrull, and Silver surfer and Ghost rider couldn't be placed in due to Board and bike problems.

Dahbomb said:
Oh yeah he deconfirmed Strider too...

Strider's deconfirmation was based on licensing issues, though.

The other characters all got deconfirmed due to several reasons, like the developers not being able to figure out how to include parts of the character like Silver Surfer's board or Ghost Rider's bike.
There also was Monster Hunter which was deconfirmed because the creators didn't want a character in there. Sengoku Basara is mostly based on real historical people, which they didn't want to do. Breath of Fire is pretty much a dead series to Capcom hence they don't want to put a character in there, either. Fantastic Four were not put in because, iirc, Human Torch would be RAM-heavy due to his entire burning body and Thing would be too similar to Hulk.

So...

Nitsuma deconfirmed Gene also because he said that some of his moves would make the game "M" rated. :(
No, that was Klennox, the fake leaker. He's the game dickhead that started the "Frank West isn't in because of RAM issues" rumor. They're both false. Gene just isn't in because no one gives a crap about him at Capcom. When someone asked Niitsuma for Gene at a convention, Niitsuma just said "Who?"

Are we really that certain on Jubilee? Carnage seems like a lock though.
Lupinko called her a "freebie".

Frank West isn't in because they had trouble balancing his weird moves with the rest of the roster. They wanted to put him into the initial release, too. Niitsuma confirmed that, I think even multiple times, lol.

Dahbomb

Strider being in SMVC3 (which he most likely will be) basically puts a poo-poo on their previous explanation for it.

Dante in MVC3 puts a shitter on any RAM issue problem. Same for Shuma Gorath.

Gene not being in because of some M rated moves? Bull shit.

Surfer and Ghost Rider not in because of board/bike issues? Again bull shit because you can easily make Ghost Rider without having to incorporate his bike for anything except hypers. Ditto for Silver Surfer (maybe have it materialize when he is air dashing).

I buy Monster Hunter reason and MAYBE the Sengoku Basara one.
No, that was Klennox, the fake leaker. He's the game dickhead that started the "Frank West isn't in because of RAM issues" rumor. They're both false. Gene just isn't in because no one gives a crap about him at Capcom. When someone asked Niitsuma for Gene at a convention, Niitsuma just said "Who?"
OH FUCK FAKE LEAKERS!!!!

And yea I definitely remember that Gene question. The guy had to tell him he's "that guy from Godhand" and he went "Oooooh... yea he's not in lol". :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Becquerel said:
Frank West isn't in because they had trouble balancing his weird moves with the rest of the roster. They wanted to put him into the initial release, too. Niitsuma confirmed that, I think even multiple times, lol.
I thought Niitsuma publicly stated that it was technical issues that kept Frank West out, just the RAM thing was bullshit? I don't remember talk of movesets not fitting in or anything.

and lol @ Gene is too M rated but Carnage isn't.

Dahbomb said:
Surfer and Ghost Rider not in because of board/bike issues? Again bull shit because you can easily make Ghost Rider without having to incorporate his bike for anything except hypers. Ditto for Silver Surfer (maybe have it materialize when he is air dashing).

They said Ghost Rider would be "too punchy" without his bike (though I don't get that because he has chains and hellfire and shit).
And they said that Silver Surfer without board isn't Silver Surfer.

That's all mainly SIZE issues though, as the board and bike would be fucking huge, lol.

JazzmanZ

Yeah I'm a bit baffled too why Ghost rider isn't playable, just make the bike a hyper and GH can just use flames and his chains to attack.

enzo_gt said:
I thought Niitsuma publicly stated that it was technical issues that kept Frank West out, just the RAM thing was bullshit? I don't remember talk of movesets not fitting in or anything.

Here it is:
"As for Frank West, he was actually in the process quite deep, and in one of our high quality CG trailers he was actually part of it," Niitsuma told VideoGamer.com at the end of last week. "But we've taken him out, due to the fact that we've foreseen some extra work involved, just from the nature of his moves. We felt we could direct our resources to better use, so we've taken Frank out."

Source

Takuan

Carnage is great. Hope they make the symbiote look alive during idle/walking animations. They certainly have the technology to do so now. Venom was amazing for his time and they did a great job of incorporating the symbiote into his attacks, but discounting Eddie's head, it looked like he was wearing a suit rather than a living entity.

Couldn't care less about the rest of the characters on the "likely inclusions" list, particularly Phoenix Wright - talk about your joke characters.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Becquerel said:
Ah I see, kudos for the link.

Also, how does this fit into the scheme of Carnage again?

notworksafe as dat ish nasty but could be interesting if you are into dat kinda thang #datmarvel

Is this implying the "strange bedfellows" tweet is actually a reference to a relationship in bed?

Takuan said:
Carnage is great. Hope they make the symbiote look alive during idle/walking animations. They certainly have the technology to do so now. Venom was amazing for his time and they did a great job of incorporating the symbiote into his attacks, but discounting Eddie's head, it looked like he was wearing a suit rather than a living entity.

Couldn't care less about the rest of the characters on the "likely inclusions" list, particularly Phoenix Wright - talk about your joke characters.
The idle and walking animations in MvC3 are already pretty awesome. When you look at the characters, you never get a sense that they cut any corners with animations or anything.

I could totally go with Carnage.

Wouldn't carnage be basically killing two birds with one stone?

Give him a complete black/white alt so he's Venom too, so you basically have 2 of the highest requested characters fulfilled?

Same kind of idea I hope they do with Frank/Chuck.

Watch them push those two pallet swaps out as DLC costumes...

=(

Dahbomb

I think the topic of discussion now should be... where does Bishop stand? I also think a lot of the previous tweets need to be re-evaluated with Carnage in mind.

I still think some of the hints relate to Bishop in some way but the case is less strong now especially with the "GAF meme" now talking about Carnage. Ditto on Scarlet Witch who's case I feel is lower than even Bishop's.

Juggernaut back in neutral position along with Vergil and Bison.

Think "tentacles". Trust me dude, all the bases were covered in the past few pages.

enzo_gt said:

Is this implying the "strange bedfellows" tweet is actually a reference to a relationship in bed?

It's tentacles and/or goo.

In fact, taking that into consideration, the jello hint (if it was a hint) would make sense with Carnage too.

It all just adds up more and more to be Carnage.

Bishop originally was brought up during the Cable-deconfirmation stuff.
He kept on staying because of not only the Mighty Max-video (M on his face and such), but also because of the red hint relating to a GAF meme causing people to think of the mod Bishop. Dunno why people kept mentioning him, I felt he was a lost cause after Cable was disconfirmed.

Dahbomb

One more thing that people are a bit confused on that I might clarify here.

Lupinko said the previous hint "was a bit out of left field like out of the box". This is talking about the relationship bit which he further hinted with "strange bedfellows".

This isn't an actual relationship or "one night stand" that many of us believed to be. It's in fact Venom/Spider Man's uneasy alliance in Maximum Carnage that was labeled the same "strange bedfellows". Hence why it's "left field".

I will say for the last time here, unless Lupinko is trolling hardcore... Carnage is a lock.

The Max video = Maximum Carnage. Another one in the bag if it's supposed to relate to red.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
I think the topic of discussion now should be... where does Bishop stand? I also think a lot of the previous tweets need to be re-evaluated with Carnage in mind.

I still think some of the hints relate to Bishop in some way but the case is less strong now especially with the "GAF meme" now talking about Carnage. Ditto on Scarlet Witch who's case I feel is lower than even Bishop's.

Juggernaut back in neutral position along with Vergil and Bison.

Think "tentacles".
Bishop is out of the picture, as is Scarlett Witch. Half of the sources of info were based on the Cable deconfirmation, which people elaborated so very far to be a simultaneous confirm of Bishop for some odd reason. And, the only reason both of them were kept in consideration was because we felt hint #6 and #9 were connected, and they had connections to someone red, which is where the rest of the sources of info came from.

I didn't even know there was any evidence for Bison. All of those should be thrown out to be honest. I'm going through all the tweets now, and aside from people making assumptions about #datmarvel tweets being new characters every single time, Carnage fits the bill. So much of people putting characters in as candidates is based off assumptions that every single tweet since lupinko began leaking are related to a single character. Scarlett Witch and Bishop both being guilty of this, that's why I wasn't down with the program with both from the start.

Becquerel said:
It's tentacles and/or goo.

In fact, taking that into consideration, the jello hint (if it was a hint) would make sense with Carnage too.

It all just adds up more and more to be Carnage.
But the Jello was Blue/Green....

Takuan

enzo_gt said:
The idle and walking animations in MvC3 are already pretty awesome. When you look at the characters, you never get a sense that they cut any corners with animations or anything.
The animations are fantastic, but the character modeling is somewhat simple. There's a certain quality to the textures for certain characters that I had to get used to initially. My main concern with Carnage is that I don't want his suit to be static costume the way it is on other characters. His outfit is literally alive and should look the part, regardless of what he's doing on screen. The technology is certainly there.

Dahbomb

enzo_gt said:
Bishop is out of the picture, as is Scarlett Witch. Half of the sources of info were based on the Cable deconfirmation, which people elaborated so very far to be a simultaneous confirm of Bishop for some odd reason. And, the only reason both of them were kept in consideration was because we felt hint #6 and #9 were connected, and they had connections to someone red, which is where the rest of the sources of info came from.

I didn't even know there was any evidence for Bison. All of those should be thrown out to be honest. I'm going through all the tweets now, and aside from people making assumptions about #datmarvel tweets being new characters every single time, Carnage fits the bill. So much of people putting characters in as candidates is based off assumptions that every single tweet since lupinko began leaking are related to a single character. Scarlett Witch and Bishop both being guilty of this, that's why I wasn't down with the program with both from the start.
Which brings us to 2 particular hints: Green/Blue goo + Wizardry and Bill Cosby. Looking like that's Dr. Strange especially with Mephisto out.

Red Arremer is out too if that wasn't obvious already.

The only 1 reason that Bison was even considered was Lupinko's comment about company ambiguous. Long story short he implied that his recent hints weren't exclusive Marvel just because he might have "Datmarvel" tag on it. People assumed the hints might be from a Capcom character but nothing fit the relationship/strange bedfellow bit. Bison was brought up if the Cammy relationship held up but that didn't last long. SO yeah... Bison is neutral right now just like Red Arremer, Vergil, Juggernaut etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom