• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecco

Karsticles said:
Juggernaut also pertains to the engine hint, which Lupinko said incidentally assists in the red hint: he was the original "tag out while powered" glitch; Lupinko probably said this because he wonders whether Juggernaut will still be able to self-boost his assist.

Link me to the text.

Its in the wiki

Dahbomb

Karsticles said:
Juggernaut also pertains to the engine hint, which Lupinko said incidentally assists in the red hint: he was the original "tag out while powered" glitch; Lupinko probably said this because he wonders whether Juggernaut will still be able to self-boost his assist.
WAIT A MINUTE... car hint relates to the red/strange bed fellows hint? Where did he say that?

I await the answer but if this is true then I would say that Juggernaut is almost a lock. If they keep that power up in that shit would be BROKEN AS FUCK (but SO GOOD!!!). Imagine if the JUGGERNAUT PUNCH doubled as an OTG assist too with hyper armor... :-0

LUPINKO YOU FUCKING BASTARD WITH YOUR STEALTH TWEETS!!!!

This smells fishy as he made a stealth Tweet right as Carnage talk pops up.

WAIT A MINUTE... car hint relates to the red/strange bed fellows hint? Where did he say that?

I await the answer but if this is true then I would say that Juggernaut is almost a lock. If they keep that power up in that shit would be BROKEN AS FUCK (but SO GOOD!!!). Imagine if the JUGGERNAUT PUNCH doubled as an OTG assist too with hyper armor... :-0
Lewl, contain yourself - HYPER ARMOR? I WISH. It wouldn't OTG, but I bet it would wallbounce.

Anyway, it looks like the answer is Carnage.

Edit: The tweet was made 53 seconds before I posted it. We had been talking about nothing but Carnage for the last 10 minutes. I think that's as close as we'll get to "knowing" one for certain.

Dahbomb

It hits downwards and he buries his fist into the ground. Sounds like an OTG attack to me. Whatever....

I think the pressing issue here is... CARNAGE? I would be down with that if true but I doubt it. The strange bedfellows (Carnage and Shriek) doesn't really add up much.

Becquerel said:
Oh God no, why does it have to be Carnage. :V

1. Venom - 2034
2. Gambit - 1704
3. Cyclops- 1110
4. Ghost Rider - 1095
5. Carnage - 992

That's why. It was either gonna be him or Venom in the game. I personally preferred Venom especially one of his newer forms. Still this isn't a confirmation.. more like Carnage became a likely candidate due to suspicious behavior.

I think we can assume that if Lupinko changes his hints that we have "solved" the red character hints. It would be one of the people were just discussing, Scarlet, Juggs, Carnage or Bison. All of them are likely candidates.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Becquerel said:
Oh God no, why does it have to be Carnage. :V

Because he's popular!

Dahbomb said:
I think the pressing issue here is... CARNAGE? I would be down with that if true but I doubt it. The strange bedfellows (Carnage and Shriek) doesn't really add up much.

What's the strange bedfellows thing again?

Carnage actually makes sense. He is a strange bedfellow. He is able to produce spawns, and is a spawn of Venom himself. Also I figured out the engine hint.

CARnage. Get it?

@DahBomb and GuardianE:
He's popular among 90s (cartoon) fans. Carnage as a comic book character is terribly flat and uninteresting, and many comic book fans frown upon him.

._.

Kurtofan

Karsticles said:
Lewl, contain yourself - HYPER ARMOR? I WISH. It wouldn't OTG, but I bet it would wallbounce.

Anyway, it looks like the answer is Carnage.

Edit: The tweet was made 53 seconds before I posted it. We had been talking about nothing but Carnage for the last 10 minutes. I think that's as close as we'll get to "knowing" one for certain.
What did the tweet say?

Beth Cyra

I'd be very happy with Carnage. The fact is Venom would be likely be Brock instead of Current Venom and I've had my fill of Brock Venom, plus Carnage would at least be a new spidey villian instead of the same old same old.

Kurtofan

PikaZeroX said:
Carnage can basically be 90's Venom, only red. Flash Thompson Venom is dumb.
Yeah, exactly, I don't care if the character is stupid or whatever.It's the closest thing we got to Venom.

Dahbomb

Becquerel said:
Carnage actually makes sense. He is a strange bedfellow. He is able to produce spawns, and is a spawn of Venom himself. Also I figured out the engine hint.

CARnage. Get it?

@DahBomb and GuardianE:
He's popular among 90s (cartoon) fans. Carnage as a comic book character is terribly flat and uninteresting, and many comic book fans frown upon him.

._.
Keep it "elementary"...

OH LUPINKO YOU DIRTY BASTARD!!! :D

Also I like Carnage from the game Maximum Carnage. Game was awesome... fuck the haters. Would still rather have Venom but eh...

Kurtofan

Karsticles said:
Scroll up just a few posts...
I'm sorry I'm not sure it's Lupinko's post.
Was it this?:
I guess Cletus Kassady and the actual alien symbiote essentially having sex and thus the alien sybmiote suit becoming pregnant twice isnt dubious?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can someone sum up what just happened. I'm already overwrought from the shitload of Bishop/Scarlett nonsense to keep up, not to mention write up and now Juggs or Carnage is the man of the hour?

Does Carnage fall in line with all the previous hints for someone red?

Dahbomb said:
Keep it "elementary"...

OH LUPINKO YOU DIRTY BASTARD!!! :D

Also I like Carnage from the game Maximum Carnage. Game was awesome... fuck the haters. Would still rather have Venom but eh...
People hated Maximum Carnage? Fuck people.

Oh, and for the Mighty Max video:
MAXimum Carnage.

Holy shit, it all adds up!

This is the post about Lupinko's tweet:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29313426&postcount=3554

Enzy, just read this page and the last one - you haven't missed much.

People hated Maximum Carnage? Fuck people.
Comic fans tend to hate Carnage because he's not a "deep" character.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Becquerel said:

CARnage. Get it?

@DahBomb and GuardianE:

._.

People like Venom and Carnage, believe it or not. And MvC3 is aimed at moderate Marvel fans, not die-hards. Current carnage is really the closest to Eddie Brock Venom, so it would make sense that tehy would include him and not whatever stupid version of Venom they have now.

TheOGB

Banned
Toxicplatypus said:
gaf you should follow srk and embrace jem, i mean gaf went hard for mlp after all #jemformvc3 the rest of the internet should too

<_<
Well I, for one, welcome our truly outrageous new overlord

notworksafe as dat ish nasty but could be interesting if you are into dat kinda thang #datmarvel

That would be tentacles or goo, I 'spose.

So Carnage it is. I want them to name him Karnage and give him this outfit:
karnage.png

It's gonna be XTREEEEEME 90s!

Dahbomb

Toxicplatypus said:
gaf you should follow srk and embrace jem, i mean gaf went hard for mlp after all #jemformvc3 the rest of the internet should too

<_<
If we were busy obsessing over fucking Jem, we wouldn't have made a link to Carnage/Juggernaut and we would be at square 1. The fact that this thread was mentioned in Lupinko's post means we are doing some work.

You want my opinion on Jem? If it's actually a hint then Jem -> Gem -> Diamond -> Emma Frost. If not then it's Dazzler which would be stupid or Jubilee (fireworks). Other than that there is no logical hint from Jem.

If it's not a hint... I don't give a fuck.

New Lupinko tweet basically confirms Carnage from Juggernaut and Scarlet Witch. Enzo... if you are reading this then you need to make a massive update to your post. We got at least 4-5 hints pointing towards Carnage now.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
If Lupinko ever actually said "strange bedfellows", it works since Venom paired up with Spider-man during Maximum Carnage... the title itself was called Strange Bedfellows in the game adaptation. Not sure about the comics.

GuardianE said:
If Lupinko ever actually said "strange bedfellows", it works since Venom paired up with Spider-man during Maximum Carnage... the title itself was called Strange Bedfellows in the game adaptation. Not sure about the comics.

He did:
strange bedfellows and red are part of the same hint #datmarvel

I'm not sure about the comic titles, it has been about a decade after reading Maximum Carnage for me.

Carnage instead of Scarlet Bitch or Juggernutz?

eww
Toxicplatypus said:

<_<
I'd be all for this.

Damn, this is epic. So subtle! Enzo, are you getting all this? =D

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Becquerel said:
He did:

I'm not sure about the comic titles, it has been about a decade after reading Maximum Carnage for me.

"Bedfellows" is a pretty uncommon term. I played the Sega Genesis version of Maximum Carnage and the term "Strange Bedfellows" was definitely used when talking about transitioning from playable Spider-man to playable Venom.

Dahbomb

GuardianE said:
He did say "strand bedfellows" word for word.

We got ourselves A LOCK PEOPLE!

ENZO WHERE YOUR CANADIAN ASS AT?

i never said the car analogy was related to the red thing, never assume gaf because something something donkey you #datmarvel

Well, my connection there was wrong (I'm certain lupinko said it was related to the red hint tho o_o), but a lot of stuff still hints at Carnage.

But this makes me somewhat uncertain. Then again, lupinko might just BSing us again. :V

Dahbomb said:
If we were busy obsessing over fucking Jem, we wouldn't have made a link to Carnage/Juggernaut and we would be at square 1. The fact that this thread was mentioned in Lupinko's post means we are doing some work.

You want my opinion on Jem? If it's actually a hint then Jem -> Gem -> Diamond -> Emma Frost. If not then it's Dazzler which would be stupid or Jubilee (fireworks). Other than that there is no logical hint from Jem.

If it's not a hint... I don't give a fuck.

but she's outrageous..Truly outrageous.

Well the 2 freebies were Phoenix Wright and Strider.
Carnage is very likely at this point (he also relates to GAF meme, btw - Red Venom).
Other possibilities include Jubilee and Vergil.

Most other guesses turned out to be wrong or very unlikely (e.g. Bishop).

Dahbomb

YOU GOT CALLED OUT SON!!!

I think the car thing is a different mechanic completely for SMVC3 (like separate from Carnage/Juggernaut whatever). It's unrelated to characters so it's not really worth discussing.

I am however digging Carnage right now.
Can someone post the summary of the characters confirmed/ish now?
We are working on that right now but the nitty gritty is (in order of likelihood as of now):

Strider
Phoenix Wright
Frank West/Chuck Greene
Carnage
Jubilee
Bishop

Carnage is a recent development, the stuff adds up. More to come as soon as ENZO GETS HIS ASS IN HERE!

Oh and Vergil is back to being neutral (neither confirmed nor disconfirmed).

He's just clarifying that one point - the car analogy is NOT the source of our argument.

i never said the car analogy was related to the red thing, never assume gaf because something something donkey you #datmarvel

He is right, too - I misremembered a previous tweet of his. Lack of sleep FTL.

Still.

CARNAGE!

Grecco

Carnage instead of Venom seems bizarre at first. But the current Venom is just a shitty punisher, the old venom is the "Anti Venom" and hes not coming back and Carnage i think is getting a new comic book series or recently got one where he came back to the Marvel universe.

So it makes perect sense why Carnage would be in. Even if i hate the character.

No. Someone mentioned her here in this thread and it started to set lupinko ablaze with an unhealthy Jem obsession. I don't even know why, the Misfits' songs are better.

I'm also glad we were able to figure this shit out. Carnage it is then. First Marvel lock.
Kinda iffy on him, but then he's the closest to Brock Venom we could get, since Mac Gargan isn't hosting Venom anymore.

Dahbomb

Jamie OD said:
Lupinko's fascination with Jem isn't him hinting that Dazzler is in the game, is it? Just want to make sure.
We don't really know for sure what the Jem thing is all about. Some people have speculated that Jem -> Gem -> Diamond -> Emma Frost. Dazzler seems too obvious and left field to be honest. At this point it's 50/50 whether it's trolling or legit hint. Unless Lupinko comes in and says that it might be a hint... I have all Jem stuff on IGNORE.

My only dilemma with Carnage is that him, Spider Man and Deadpool on a team... WAY TOO MUCH red.

Dartastic

I basically wanted either Carnage or Green Goblin to be in the game. Preferrably both, butttt... I'm happy with this development. =)

If Jem really is a legitimate hint, the answer will be found in separating which videos he linked to that had the hashtag from those that did not.

Dahbomb

Karsticles said:
If Jem really is a legitimate hint, the answer will be found in separating which videos he linked to that had the hashtag from those that did not.
Too much work for something iffy. :(

Man I just realized something that if I was Lupinko and I was putting out hints for Carnage all this time and NO ONE was getting even close... I would be pretty fucking frustrated by now. Especially when a few days ago people were trying to make a case for Venom based off of Tim Hortons. LOL!

On another note: when Lupinko corrected us on the car and red hints having something to do with each other, it seems like he was just trying to keep the car one separate so we wouldn't drop speculation on it, so we wouldn't mislead ourselves. He's reading, and if the Carnage confirmation was off, he would have corrected us on that, too.

JazzmanZ

Carnage is a interesting choice I guess.
He could have the same moves the MvC Venom had and maybe a few original ones like energy absorption and maybe his tendrils can be used to grab far away like spencer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom