• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dahbomb said:
I just realized in the video they said "red looking muther fucker" when Erik the Red arrives on his space ship.

justgotreal.gif

When it comes to vulgarity and NSFW... NOTHING BEATS THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH!!!!
I know people don't want more X-Men characters, but a Juggernaut bitch reunion would be most welcome.

Azure J

Dahbomb said:
I just realized in the video they said "red looking muther fucker" when Erik the Red arrives on his space ship.

justgotreal.gif

I'm gonna die from laughter if by complete tangentical mistake, we solve this riddle through The Juggernaut Bitch series. :lol

And yes, _demetia your presence is needed in this thread.

Edit: If Juggs is in, it won't matter if Erik The Red is in for a reunion. I'd just improv that shit and do something like make Dante "Ketchup". :lol

TheOGB

Banned
AWW HELL YEAH, TIME TO FUCK SOME SHIT UP THE ASS IN THIS BITCH WITH THE MUTHAFUCKIN JUGGERNAUT BEE-ITCH

Too much?

Dahbomb

Btw all these hints are company ambiguous #datmarvel
Trying to sway us away from Marvel maybe?

Who could've had a questionable relationship on the Capcom side?

Also I like how I bring up Juggz and it has spread over the Internet like wildfire. I just did it for the lulz but then again... it's as believable as the other guesses/theories. I guess you could say Juggernaut is red too and doesn't want people in his head...

Dahbomb

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/article/relationship/relationshipmapv1_files/gif_1.gif

Found this on SRK... this might be helpful. If it's a Marvel character that is.

The Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver angle is legit too. What about Emma Frost and Cyclops? That was sort of dubious wouldn't you say?

I am really curious over his "this is company ambiguous" tweet right when a bunch of Marvel responses came up. I can't think of many Capcom relationships that were dubious... someone like Dante and Trish never explicitly did anything and they are already in the game!

enzo_gt said:
Omg can someone PLEASE shop this into a dealwithit GIF.

acb84e2b2e7c90eec4210ca61967ba6c.png

Regarding the one-time relationship, what about Hawkeye boning an amnesiac depowered Scarlet Witch in Genosha (who apparently was a Doombot for some reason...).

Dahbomb said:
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/article/relationship/relationshipmapv1_files/gif_1.gif

Found this on SRK... this might be helpful. If it's a Marvel character that is.

The Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver angle is legit too. What about Emma Frost and Cyclops? That was sort of dubious wouldn't you say?

I am really curious over his "this is company ambiguous" tweet right when a bunch of Marvel responses came up. I can't think of many Capcom relationships that were dubious... someone like Dante and Trish never explicitly did anything and they are already in the game!
Wolverine really gets around...

The only reason why I was reticent was the whole "Jem" bull shit. There is a gem stone in that Max video too and it was throwing me off with the absurd amounts of Jem hints given. It kept bugging me why he chose that particular episode over all the other episodes of Max. I can't relate Jem to anything, except for Dazzler but nothing else matches for Dazzler.
GFAQs has been going wild relating Jem -> Gem -> Emma Frost (Diamond)

There is very little evidence for Red Arremer. If you want to go for the red/horny ass clue, then Mephisto is a much better fit.
Also, Azazel is horny, just in a very different way.

I agree, people who complain about this probably shouldn't be buying games at full price on release to begin with... Secondly if its anything like SUPER it will be cheaper then the original was with the added bonus of more content.
And it will be a GOOD DEAL. At $5/character, for 12 characters, I'd pay $60. So if I'm getting 12 characters for $40, and there's even MORE content, how is that something to complain about relative to our alternatives?!

Worst of all SAME RANK MEANS NOTHING. How the fuck does someone at FIGHTER rank end up against a motherfucking COSMIC LORD.
Sorry, but this did not happen sir.

Emma/Cyclops wasn't a fling though, it was a lasting relationship.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Lothars said:
I think it's an absolutely fair assessment, it's exactly the same type of thing because Call of Duty does reuse a ton of assets from the previous games, I bet at least 75% is reused from previous games.

I hope this is released as both a retail and DLC, no matter what though I will be in day one.

Again, I don't think so.

I'm a fighting game nut. My perspective is skewed. Even then I still think that a conversion of SSFIV->AE is not an equivalent of CoD:WaW-> CoD:MW2(different developers, of course, I know). There's no way that MW2 use 75% of assets from CoD:WaW. Engine=/=assets. Does it reuse a lot? Absolutely. I already talked about sounds, netcode, animations, etc., etc. The story, voice acting, weapons, and balancing are new... and those aren't cheap to make. It's a "new" game through and through because everything was redrawn and redone, even though it plays almost identically to its predecessor.

AE (and Super Marvel by association) is a different game from SSFIV, but the content disparity isn't even close to a comparison to CoD. In the update to AE, literally 75% of the game was already there and hardly touched. Madden, I can see. This is just by observation. I don't really know how much goes into each iteration of CoD, since I'm not really hardcore into it or anything.

Dahbomb said:

justgotreal.gif

So...it's Cyclops?

NeonZ

Won't happen, but what about Demitri from Darkstalkers?

His name is Demitri Maximoff, he has a red cape and shirt, he's a vampire so he likes blood, has an odd relationship with Morrigan, his hair makes an "M" shape on his forehead...

Eh... probably not, I guess.

NeonZ said:

His name is Demitri Maximoff, he has a red cape and shirt, he's a vampire so he likes blood, has an odd relationship with Morrigan, his hair makes an "M" shape on his forehead...

If he can't have a proper Midnight Bliss, then I wouldn't even want him.

on the other hand...

DAEMON CRADLE

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
NeonZ said:

Niitsuma said it wouldn't happen because of Midnight Bliss, for obvious licensing issues.

Niitsuma said it wouldn't happen because of Midnight Bliss, for obvious licensing issues.
Not licensing issues (though I'm sure Marvel would be bitchy about it), but development time. They would basically have to double the roster in 3D models just for one move, and it's not worth the effort.

Yet another way sprites > 3D models.

NeonZ said:

Would be too awesome. Capcom don't like awesome.

Mit-

Lupinko I'm gonna die. Give another obvious clue D:

I feel like everyone is getting nowhere, and the interpretations of some of these clues are all over the place.

And any clue as to when we'll see some of this new info revealed by Capcom themselves? SDCC? Later?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Karsticles said:
Not licensing issues (though I'm sure Marvel would be bitchy about it), but development time. They would basically have to double the roster in 3D models just for one move, and it's not worth the effort.

Yet another way sprites > 3D models.
There is NO WAY Marvel would let Midnight Bliss happen in MvC3. Licensing was the wrong word. Clearance you can say.

And yeah over the past few days I've found were just running around in circles now with these hints. We were getting somewhere with Vergil, and then Mephisto again, and now it's just everywhere. I just want one obvious clue like every other or every third day or something.

@Mit-, all signs, and there's about 10 of them, point to the reveal at SDCC on the 23rd.

_dementia said:

ah man... I know they would never represent each megaman series... but if they did....

X - Zero and X
Legends - Tron
Classic - Protoman
Battle Network - Bass.EXE
Star Force - Harp Note

( I have not included ZX or Zero series as they are all based off the X series )

There is NO WAY Marvel would let Midnight Bliss happen in MvC3. Licensing was the wrong word. Clearance you can say.
It would be funny if Wolverine just turned into X-23 though.

And yeah over the past few days I've found were just running around in circles now with these hints. We were getting somewhere with Vergil, and then Mephisto again, and now it's just everywhere. I just want one obvious clue like every other or every third day or something.
The thing is, I feel like we SHOULD have it.

http://twitter.com/#!/lupinko/status/91343232771964928

How many one-time relationships of a dubious nature have been had by red characters?!

http://twitter.com/#!/lupinko/status/91363593211232256

I take this to mean that we need to think Capcom, not Marvel. Except for Red Arremer popping up every page, no one has come up with viable Capcom characters.

Karsticles said:
It would be funny if Wolverine just turned into X-23 though.
That would be UNACCEPTABLE

notworksafe said:
ASUS VH236H
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002453K5G/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Best display for playing games and is really cheap too.

Otherwise basically just look for a TV that is around 2-4ms response time.
Actually, response time has nothing to do with input lag. Response time refers to ghosting. You have to look up independent lag tests to find the best TV's for gaming.

VH236H is a phenomenal monitor for gaming though, I love mine and use it everyday.

lupinko

_dementia said:

Actually, response time has nothing to do with input lag. Response time refers to ghosting. You have to look up independent lag tests to find the best TV's for gaming.

VH236H is a phenomenal monitor for gaming though, I love mine and use it everyday.

I need one of those when I eventually move out of this side of the pacific.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
_dementia said:

I am pretty clueless when it come to gaming and hdtv. I want to see if my hdtv is good for gaming. mine is

Samsung LEDTV (Smart TV) 46'' Series: 6000

Dahbomb

The only Capcom character I can come up with and whose storyline I am the most familiar with is... *SIGH* Vergil.

I thought long and hard over this and I can't really come up with dubious relationships in Capcom's games. Capcom characters don't exactly sleep around as often as Marvel characters. Nothing of note in RE, nothing of note in SF, GnG, Godhand, PW, Strider or any of the other popular Capcom franchises. I came back to DMC and Vergil was the only one who fit.

I am going to pull a Capcom canon on your guys.... Vergil IS Nero's father. This was hinted at numerous times in DMC4 but never said explicitly. After DMC4's release Capcom released a couple of novels to flesh out DMC4's story. One of the novel had explicit mention of Nero's origin as Vergil's son, complete with him paying a visit to Sanctus and Sanctus calling out Nero's mother a "whore" (or maybe it was Vergil who called her a whore... can't exactly recall but the word whore/prostitute was used).

The relationship is dubious but it just barely fits the bill. I feel like even though he has given an indication that it might not be Marvel universe, I still believe that Marvel characters fit this bill more.

lupinko

Generally good HDTVs for gaming (but for movie watching nowhere near as fancy as its peers) are Sharp's Aquoses. That's what I used, and Capcom used them for many of its demos for MvC3.

Interesting fact:
Jem and Mighty Max had a voice actress in common: Kath Soucie. I looked through her voice acting history and didn't find anything that lead anywhere, but it's still worth noting.

enzo_gt said:

Fuck that shit, how can Marvel let its shitty writers make female versions of like every fucking character but not Capcom, bleh

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Karsticles said:
Interesting fact:
Jem and Mighty Max had a voice actress in common: Kath Soucie. I looked through her voice acting history and didn't find anything that lead anywhere, but it's still worth noting.

she voiced for Kitty Pryde in X-Men: Pryde of the X-Men.

Moofers

So is there an impending announcement about new characters then? Where are we at on this thing? Some guy like 10 pages back posted a "confirmed" list, which I found very annoying because I thought this was all just rumors and speculation on a "Super MvC3". Any solid facts yet? Download only? New disc?

SmithnCo

IntelliHeath said:
she voiced for Kitty Pryde in X-Men: Pryde of the X-Men.

And didn't she have a weird relationship with Wolverine too?

Actually probably everyone in Marvel has had a questionable relationship so I don't know how far that can get us.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Moofers said:
So is there an impending announcement about new characters then? Where are we at on this thing? Some guy like 10 pages back posted a "confirmed" list, which I found very annoying because I thought this was all just rumors and speculation on a "Super MvC3". Any solid facts yet? Download only? New disc?

Almost solid facts is that phoenix wright and strider are in the game.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Karsticles said:
Interesting fact:

I thought Mighty Max was voiced by Rob Paulsen.

Edward Falcon
Sanada Yukimura
B.B. Hood
Rathalos
Sissel
Hayato Nekketsu
Yukimura Sanada
Red Arremer
Rush (Megaman)
Hakan
Asura
Protoman
Ken Masters
Blodia (Jin)
M.Bison
Karin Kanzuki
Apollo Justice
Saki Omokane
Roll
Hideo
Natsu

That's the list of Capcom characters with a lot of red to them so far.

Dahbomb

Moofers said:
Strider, Phoenix Wright and Frank West are the only 3 that you can put your money on.

Karsticles said:
Edward Falcon
Sanada Yukimura
B.B. Hood
Rathalos
Sissel
Hayato Nekketsu
Yukimura Sanada
Red Arremer
Rush (Megaman)
Hakan
Asura
Protoman
Ken Masters
Blodia (Jin)
M.Bison
Karin Kanzuki
Apollo Justice
Saki Omokane
Roll
Hideo
Natsu

That's the list of Capcom characters with a lot of red to them so far.

Would Nero count? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom