• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithnCo

I'm pretty sure there is only one Nathan Spencer, the timeline goes Rearmed, Rearmed 2, and Bionic Commando, I think. I remember reading a comic on the BC website that explains how he went from redhead to dreadlocks.

Dai101

Banned
Rkgzy.gif

Dahbomb

LOL I got raped by Capcom canon... AGAIN!

Honestly I thought they were different dudes. Should've read up on the Bionic Commando story.

shaowebb

Dear Capcom, make certain you fix your freakin online. This game is too fast to have to suffer any lag and I live every match underwater.

Worst of all SAME RANK MEANS NOTHING. How the fuck does someone at FIGHTER rank end up against a motherfucking COSMIC LORD.

DSGB whatever the hell his name is should never be bothered with someone trying to restore his measly 9th ranger ranking like me. I swear this game makes no sense online...I wonder if I would've even lost my rank as out of practice as I was if it hadn't kept sending me 4th lords for everything.

I'm done shooting salt now.

Hope Spencer gets his mustache outfit so he can look cool enough to hangout with Haggar in team gay pride Spencer/MODAM/Haggar

Lothars

GuardianE said:
I don't think this is a fair assessment. Maybe for Madden since they could do roster updates via DLC but choose not to. I don't have a huge affinity for Call of Duty or anything, but Call of Duty doesn't simply reuse the majority of assets from the previous game... engine? Guns? Icons? Sounds? Some online? Sure. But fighting games, even when completely revamped, are still 50% old assets.

I'll buy this thing day one, regardless... but it'd taste better going down if we had the option of both DLC and retail.

I think it's an absolutely fair assessment, it's exactly the same type of thing because Call of Duty does reuse a ton of assets from the previous games, I bet at least 75% is reused from previous games.

I hope this is released as both a retail and DLC, no matter what though I will be in day one.

Dahbomb

enzo_gt said:
Bishop clues adding up more make me a sad panda *sigh*

When are we gonna get brown people in UMvC3 goddamn?
As a fellow brown person, I share the sentiment. :(

Best brown character in a FG (or close to it) thus far has been Zafina.

Also about the Bishop stuff...

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

Even though I don't really care for Bishop.

Buzzati

Banned
TheOGB said:
RlQlo.gif

We need 2D mode

a few more here
don't go looking in any other categories if you don't care for shirtless dudes

Is this the same or similar to the technique used in rendering Rumble Fish characters?

EDIT: Oh wait, no. This looks like it was drawn from scratch.

SmithnCo

Kimosabae said:
Okay, someone needs to explain the canon bridging Rad and Nathan Spencer. I have to see how spectacularly stupid this is.

I can't seem to load the BC website but there was a comic where it basically said Rad was imprisoned and got buff in his cell. Then he changed his hair for some reason.
Focus groups

SmithnCo said:
I can't seem to load the BC website but there was a comic where it basically said Rad was imprisoned and got buff in his cell. Then he changed his hair for some reason.
Focus groups
And became younger too. :/

It's like Street Wise all over again. I'm hoping that Capcom retcons that out if they continue the series, because it's really stupid to expect fans to believe that it's the same character in the same timeline.

Enk

makes good threads.
I wish Capcom would eventually put a 1 on 1 mode in their VS games (with option to turn off X-Factor). I would love to play this Street Fighter style without the extra noise. Oh and the ability to sacrifice one or two of your super meter to counter combo strings.

SmithnCo

Gunloc said:

It's like Street Wise all over again. I'm hoping that Capcom retcons that out if they continue the series, because it's really stupid to expect fans to believe that it's the same character in the same timeline.

They made it even worse in Rearmed 2 when they gave him a mustache and he looks older still. They did put that bionic legs chick in that game though in an attempt to bridge the games somewhat... I guess. Who knows.

I'm surprised they haven't released a classic alt for him yet. Or any other costume packs.

Gunloc said:

F off!! I need a sequel for that game stat!

Kimosabae

Banned
Enk said:
I wish Capcom would eventually put a 1 on 1 mode in their VS games (with option to turn off X-Factor). I would love to play this Street Fighter style without the extra noise. Oh and the ability to sacrifice one or two of your super meter to counter combo strings.

This.

One of the many things that boggles my mind about Capcom fighters, but Versus games in particular, is the lack of options that effect gameplay.

Why isn't there multiplayer? Why can't I play 2v2 or 1v1 if I choose? Why can't I turn off X-Factor? Why can't I customize my experience more?

Because a vocal minority don't think customization is "competitive", so the developers don't think of these things, or put them on the backburner?

Stupid.

corrosivefrost said:
Gotta love how prison changes not only the tint (if not entire color) of Rad Spencer's hair, but his base complexion as well (and potentially reversed the aging process).
This.

At least Capcom could of had the guts to say it's a reboot. (Though we all know how great Capcom's reboots turn out.) To try to link the classic Bionic Commando to the remake is ridiculous.

corrosivefrost said:
Gotta love how prison changes not only the tint (if not entire color) of Rad Spencer's hair, but his base complexion as well (and potentially reversed the aging process).
Reminds me of a quote from the movie Naked gun 33 1/3

Tyrone: You just watch your step, McGurke. This place here changes a man.
Frank Drebin: Yeah? In what way?
Tyrone: I used to be white.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
TheOGB said:
RlQlo.gif

We need 2D mode

a few more here
don't go looking in any other categories if you don't care for shirtless dudes
http://rojin68.blog29.fc2.com/blog-category-5.html

villains.png

Enk said:
This game would be pretty boring without assists and tag team stuff.

Kimosabae said:
Why isn't there multiplayer? Why can't I play 2v2 or 1v1 if I choose? Why can't I turn off X-Factor? Why can't I customize my experience more?
Heresy! Default config is sacred!

But really, I do enjoy messing with system direction from time to time in other games though. Shoutouts to Marvel-Groove in CvS2. Chain combos for life.

Dahbomb

Deal with it GIF is incomplete without the GLASSES.

When it comes to MVC3 you have to bust out the "Deal with it" GIF A LOT. The Sentinel one was used quite a bit but I can't seem to find it anymore.

I came back from my nap and I don't see any confirmations.

LUPINKO HAVE YOU ABANDONED US?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Dahbomb said:

When it comes to MVC3 you have to bust out the "Deal with it" GIF A LOT. The Sentinel one was used quite a bit but I can't seem to find it anymore.

That's actually explained why we having the peace right now. ENJOY IT WHEN IT LASTEN!

Has anybody thought the Jem songs he mentioned may refer to chars?

One song he posted said Twilight in Paris. The last arc in X-23 that starred jubilee took place in Paris and Twilight refers to vampires.

Or could be grasping.

DR2K

Banned
Dahbomb said:

Why confirm anything, when he can watch you all squeal?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
hmm, i had another hint, but i realized it's far too vulgar and would make things far too easy #datmarvel
The notworksafe hint revolves around a one time relationship of a dubious nature #datmarvel

In relation to Hint #9.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
enzo_gt said:
hmm, i had another hint, but i realized it's far too vulgar and would make things far too easy #datmarvel
The notworksafe hint revolves around a one time relationship of a dubious nature #datmarvel

In relation to Hint #9.

I'm gonna say either Scarlet Witch's relationship with a robot or with her brother in the Ultimate Universe.

Just a fun thought, I've noticed a lot of the proposed Marvel character guesses have VAs that are somehow already involved in MvC3. It wouldn't be far fetched at all to have a character with a VA doing double duty as it saves Capcom money AND you've got a "relevant" VA doing the character.

Cyclops - Nolan North - Already voices Deadpool
Ultron - Tom Kane - Already voices Magneto
Emma Frost - Kari Wahlgren - Already voices Jill
Wanda - Kate Higgins - Already does the "commentary" announcer.
Miss Marvel - Jennifer Hale - Already voices Phoenix
Professor X - Jim Ward - Already voices Sentinel
Juggernaut - Fred Tatasciore - Already voices Hulk

Dahbomb

Let the CARNIVAL OF STUPID BEGIN!!!!
The notworksafe hint revolves around a one time relationship of a dubious nature

custom_1266253239645_she-hulk_juggernaut_01.jpg

This is the FIRST thing that came to my mind.

I AM THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH!!!

Choppasmith said:
Just a fun thought, I've noticed a lot of the proposed Marvel character guesses have VAs that are somehow already involved in MvC3. It wouldn't be far fetched at all to have a character with a VA doing double duty as it saves Capcom money AND you've got a "relevant" VA doing the character.

Cyclops - Nolan North - Already voices Deadpool
Ultron - Tom Kane - Already voices Magneto
Emma Frost - Kari Wahlgren - Already voices Jill
Wanda - Kate Higgins - Already does the "commentary" announcer.
Miss Marvel - Jennifer Hale - Already voices Phoenix
Professor X - Jim Ward - Already voices Sentinel
Juggernaut - Fred Tatasciore - Already voices Hulk
That's really smart actually.

What's interesting is that almost ALL of those characters are likely candidate for SMVC3 due to popularity.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
SolarPowered said:
Pietro?

That family does have problems...

Slight spoilers for ultimate marvel

In the Ultimate Marvel imprint title Ultimates, the Scarlet Witch and her brother Quicksilver defect from Magneto's Brotherhood of Mutant Supremacy, to the Ultimates in exchange for the release of imprisoned Brotherhood members. The siblings also share an incestuous relationship. In the third volume of Ultimates 3, Scarlet Witch is killed by a lovesick Ultron which later turned out to be orchestrated by Doctor Doom.

The Juggernaut thing was the second option that came to mind but I dismissed it because nothing else really leads to Juggs so far.

Dahbomb

I just realized in the video they said "red looking muther fucker" when Erik the Red arrives on his space ship.

justgotreal.gif

When it comes to vulgarity and NSFW... NOTHING BEATS THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom