• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.
From GFAQs:
Mighty max wears a cap/shirt with a big M on it. Bishop has a huge M on his face.

lup said the clue was "elementary" but that it probably was NOT what eveyrone would think (vergil chicken -> virgil dmc)
Oh ho ho, elementary!

1zzj3wx.png

Anyone up for some more elementary?

Credit to CAW.

Bishop's looking pretty good now.

Skilletor said:
I remember when Bishop had a jerry curl and wore a red bandana around his neck.

Ah, the 90s.
Best Bishop.

lupinko Lance Lingos
that previous hint is easier than what you think it is and don't be crying dear diary later on #datmarvel

Remember this tweet right after the Mighty Max video? The dear diary part had been bugging me for some reason, but then I remembered something. Anyone remember X-Treme X-Men?

Soon after, Bishop and five other X-Men formed a splinter group of X-Men, cutting all ties with the rest of the team whilst searching for the Diaries of the late blind mutant seer named Destiny. The team later took on the responsibility of acting as a mutant peacekeeping force, setting them on the path to become the X.S.E. of Bishop's own time. After defeating the mutant predator known as Elias Bogan, the X-Treme X-Men returned to Westchester to help rebuild the mansion following an attack by Magneto. With Professor X having left for Genosha, the X-Men were forced to restructure and the X-Treme team disbanded to rejoin their comrades.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/universe/Bishop_(Lucas_Bishop)#ixzz1S16nSJPE

Could be something, could be nothing.

Beth Cyra

Please if Bishop is in, don't let him be the bald headed douche. I don't care how 90's his 90's design was, its way better then the new one.

SmithnCo

Nice find with the diary thing. Still hard to say though, even though on twitter lupinko just said he's revealed quite a bit... We need more clues dammit! lol

He most likely will be that design.

He going to be rolling over people, draining energy from projectiles, all crazy stuff.
I'm already salty about the matchup for Dormammu and the game isn't even announced yet.

You know, I've been thinking a bit. First of all, for some reason I got Mad Max confused with Mighty Max, probably because I've seen Mad Max just this weekend, lol. My bad for that.

Is there any GAF-meme somehow connected to Mega Man?
Because the "very red" hint, additionally with the "helper hint" might go towards Roll, Proto Man or - very unlikely - Rush. Remember when lupinko said the car engine hint, although not aimed for it, unintentionally related to a hint (I think he even said it was the "very red" one)?

You see, car engines are machines. Ro-butts are machines. Roll, Proto Man and Rush are all very red robots, and they help/aid Mega Man, whose initials conveniently are MM just like Mighty Max's. Also might be a stretch, but Dr. Wily and Skullmaster both have skull-themed fortresses, not to mention both cartoons came out around the same time.

Again, this is just food for thought.

Pretty positive that the car refers to game mechanic. Remember? I posted car hint was towards Megacrash and he said I was close.

Now just give us two chars who are direct counters to Logan and Phoenix. Let the fun roll in.

Pretty positive that the car refers to game mechanic. Remember? I posted car hint was towards Megacrash and he said I was close.

Now just give us two chars who are direct counters to Logan and Phoenix. Let the fun roll in.
Right, but Lupinko also said that the car mechanic does relate to the red hint, it just wasn't intended to. I think that's what he is referring to. Not that I think it has anything to do with Megaman - that's very farfetched.

crimsonspider89 said:

I am aware of that, hence I reminded of lupinko saying that the car engine hint was unintentionally hinting at something else, too.

Edit:
Ninja'd.
I dunno if it's far-fetched, as mentioned, I'm just throwing out ideas here.

Not sure how the car thing would relate to any of the other red characters that have been brought up (Mephisto, Elektra, Scarlet Witch, Carnage, etc.).

Edit 2:
HOLY SHIT IT STRIKES ME LIKE THUNDER.

04_Oh_My_Car_USA.jpg

Note that Guy's suit has changed color to red as of now.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I think all the "food for thought" is kind of boring and simply misleading. Also, quoting a single line in a Wikipedia article about the history of a 25 year old character, is kind of silly. Of course something will relate. The question is if Lupinko was even aware of the connection. From something obscure like that, probably not.

Chibi said something like, you all are going to look so dumb after the reveals because you tried too hard when the answers were obvious.

crimsonspider89 said:
Well, I guess it could be Rolllllllllll, rolllll rolllll

As the troll char on Capcom side.

Roll MODOK Sentinel as ultimate troll team.
Make it happen, Capcom. <3

Would especially create a ton of salt mines if there's no Mega Man, lol.

GuardianE said:
I think all the "food for thought" is kind of boring and simply misleading. Also, quoting a single line in a Wikipedia article about the history of a 25 year old character, is kind of silly. Of course something will relate. The question is if Lupinko was even aware of the connection. From something obscure like that, probably not.

I like the speculating, it keeps the hype but doesn't get hopes up too much.
Also, if you mean me, I'm not quoting from Wikipedia at all, if anything I check up if I remember names/dates correctly (such as the release dates of the cartoon shows I mentioned earlier).

And make it where Roll's assist aids MODOK and Sent directly, give her the healing hyper from TvC but make it where if you DHC out of it, it heals the person you DHC into, and make her top tier.

CONGRATS troll team.

Becquerel said:
I am aware of that, hence I reminded of lupinko saying that the car engine hint was unintentionally hinting at something else, too.

Edit:
Ninja'd.
I dunno if it's far-fetched, as mentioned, I'm just throwing out ideas here.

Not sure how the car thing would relate to any of the other red characters that have been brought up (Mephisto, Elektra, Scarlet Witch, Carnage, etc.).

Edit 2:
HOLY SHIT IT STRIKES ME LIKE THUNDER.

04_Oh_My_Car_USA.jpg

Note that Guy's suit has changed color to red as of now.
He's hinting that Haggar will be top tier in Super.

SmithnCo

Parallax Scroll said:
He's hinting that Haggar will be top tier in Super.

And "something red" is all of Haggar's opponents after he beats them with a pipe.

I believe we've cracked this code. Your move, lupinko.

crimsonspider89 said:
And make it where Roll's assist aids MODOK and Sent directly, give her the healing hyper from TvC but make it where if you DHC out of it, it heals the person you DHC into, and make her top tier.

CONGRATS troll team.

I would jizz so hard and main them so badly, lol. Although I find Sentinel to be stupidly boring to play as.

@Parallax Scroll:
That would be sweet. Mayor of dat Mahvel.

Actually... maybe Haggar is gonna get a Zangief DLC costume. And since Zangief is the red cyclone, and SF2 also had the car minigame...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Becquerel said:
I like the speculating, it keeps the hype but doesn't get hopes up too much.
Also, if you mean me, I'm not quoting from Wikipedia at all, if anything I check up if I remember names/dates correctly (such as the release dates of the cartoon shows I mentioned earlier).

There's a difference between open speculating and wishing, and putting forward baseless observations desperately trying to make obscure connections to Lupinko's clues. It's pretty obvious that most of the guesses here are completely unvalidated speculation, but it's painful to read when those guesses are coupled with attempts to make them fit into lupinko's tweet criteria.

By Wikipedia, I'm referring to pretty much every post that references an obscure piece of a character's history (He's a twin! He was looking for ___ in volume 5 issue 265! His third cousin was named ___! He was married to her!)

These characters have been around for decades and have some of the most convoluted histories of any fictional characters ever. Connections can be made to anything if one looks hard enough.

Sorry if I come off as cranky. When I see that this thread gets updated, I think that someone posted something actually relevant to the roster... a reasonable possibility. Or Lupinko gave another clue. Then I click and slap my forehead. Lupinko's tweets are bullshit enough without baseless observations mucking up the thread.

GuardianE said:
These characters have been around for decades and have some of the most convoluted histories of any fictional characters ever. Connections can be made to anything if one looks hard enough.

Well, there's also a difference between what you say and actual cornerstones of their history.

Maximum Carnage is one of the best-known Spider-Man storylines and probably one of the most important, if not THE most important cornerstone of Carnage's history. And as much as I dislike Carnage, this is definitely the absolut peak of his and one of Spidey's best as far as arcs go.

The Maximoff-references are not that far out there either (Max Eisenhardt is, as amazing as Magneto Testament was, out there, though).

Deadstar

This game is a joke. I paid full price for it then $10 for dlc characters and they are coming out with another game within a few months. Got to be kidding me. I'll wait till the next one is on sale and I guess I'll throw out my old version.

Deadstar said:
This game is a joke. I paid full price for it then $10 for dlc characters and they are coming out with another game within a few months. Got to be kidding me. I'll wait till the next one is on sale and I guess I'll throw out my old version.

Might be DLC.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Becquerel said:
Well, there's also a difference between what you say and actual cornerstones of their history.

Maximum Carnage is one of the best-known Spider-Man storylines and probably one of the most important, if not THE most important cornerstone of Carnage's history. And as much as I dislike Carnage, this is definitely the absolut peak of his and one of Spidey's best as far as arcs go.

The Maximoff-references are not that far out there either (Max Eisenhardt is, as amazing as Magneto Testament was, out there, though).

MAX can be applied to anything alone. That's why we have several tweets to go off of. Because one will lead to bullshit. You can probably find a Max reference in 75% of Marvel characters. No offense, but I just want this to be over because this thread is so painful to read.

That would be much appreciated. It's a real slap in the face to people who bought the first game otherwise.
Why don't Call of Duty fans ever say things like this about having to repurchase the same game every year?

Hex

Banned
Deadstar said:

You do realize (of course you do but it is just not as dramatic right?) that if it follows Super Street Fighter IV you will be able to download an update for a part of the price instead of buying a whole new hardcopy.

I know that Wanda is probably not going to be in the game, but I'm just going to pretend that it looks that way because I feel good about the character. I'll be fine once they reveal UMvC3 with a buffed Hsien-Ko and Morrigan.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Karsticles said:
Why don't Call of Duty fans ever say things like this about having to repurchase the same game every year?

I don't think this is a fair assessment. Maybe for Madden since they could do roster updates via DLC but choose not to. I don't have a huge affinity for Call of Duty or anything, but Call of Duty doesn't simply reuse the majority of assets from the previous game... engine? Guns? Icons? Sounds? Some online? Sure. But fighting games, even when completely revamped, are still 50% old assets.

I'll buy this thing day one, regardless... but it'd taste better going down if we had the option of both DLC and retail.

Dahbomb

I am telling you guys, it's Bishop. The disconfirmation that he gave before was of Vergil (Chicken Virgil -> DMC Vergil was the hint that was deconfirmed). Plus a lot of the other clues point towards Bishop especially the GAF meme.

The "elementary" part seals it for me.

The only reason why I was reticent was the whole "Jem" bull shit. There is a gem stone in that Max video too and it was throwing me off with the absurd amounts of Jem hints given. It kept bugging me why he chose that particular episode over all the other episodes of Max. I can't relate Jem to anything, except for Dazzler but nothing else matches for Dazzler.

Mista Koo

shaowebb said:
You know how everyone looks at the old character select menu and tries to fill it in? Why does no one ever think that it could....you know...spin since its on a SPHERE and reveal more columns of characters that wouldn't fit on the first page off screen to either side. Sort of like scrolling on an I-product.

God knows no one likes looking at a MUGEN screen and simply adding a scrollable list is kind of how you handle that. Not saying we'll someday see a bajillion million cast or something, but I wanted to point out how smooth and easy this is to do. Just have an icon with arrows pointing to the left or right above the select character images to help imply that there are more columns if you scroll left or right further.
What if P1 wanted a character on the first column and P2 wanted one on the last column?
Hint: it would explode.

Grecco

Karsticles said:

Or Madden fans, or people who Bought Vanilla SF only to see SSF release a year later.

JazzmanZ

I know you guys are all about the new characters, but does anyone have any wishes for Alt.costumes?

I'd love to see Classic Armour Ironman and Ultimate Thor as costumes.

Dahbomb

robot said:
Is everyone sill trying to disprove the red clue is in fact Red Armerrer? I can't keep track anymore.
There is very little evidence for Red Arremer. If you want to go for the red/horny ass clue, then Mephisto is a much better fit.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
JazzmanZ said:
I know you guys are all about the new characters, but does anyone have any wishes for Alt.costumes?

I'd like to see STARS or BSAA Jill. A STARS alt for Wesker. A kimono or something for Morrigan (think Cross Edge).

Beth Cyra

JazzmanZ said:

I don't think they will be apart of Super MVC 3 and will come later as DLC.

However when the time does arrive I want Ultimate Thor, T-Shirt and Jeans Wolverine (a ponytail from Uli would be the best in my mind) Aboslute Zero, and DMC 2 Dante.

I would would pay as much as new characters for these costumes each haha.

SmithnCo

"Jem" reminds me of the infinity gems which probably lead to Thanos, but that seems to be a dead end. Lupinko said he was on an 80's cartoon binge so I assume he was probably just having fun with it.

Also for costumes they need to have MMZ Zero obviously, I hate the green nipple Zero look. And if Frank is in he needs a Servbot Head costume or something else suitably ridiculous.

Dahbomb

I just realized that putting in Bishop would mean we have 2 black guys with a bionic arm:

main_char.jpg

871310-300px_x_men_the_times_and_life_of_lucas_bishop_vol_1_1_super.jpg

Can't wait for the pre-fight banter. :D

Rad Spencer Bionic Commando ALT costume would be nice.

JazzmanZ said:

Bionic Commando ReArmed Spencer. Shinkiro's rendition of Rad for the 2008 game is my favorite.

SmithnCo

Dahbomb said:
I just realized that putting in Bishop would mean we have 2 black guys with a bionic arm:

Rad Spencer isn't black, lol. Also didn't Bishop lose his bionic arm? I'm not completely sure.

Karsticles said:

I agree, people who complain about this probably shouldn't be buying games at full price on release to begin with... Secondly if its anything like SUPER it will be cheaper then the original was with the added bonus of more content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom