• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone red AND too kool for school?
koolaidman.jpeg

SmithnCo

I hope they have new endings, but who knows, if this is treated as an addon they may not feel compelled to make new ones. It would be nice if they were presented better though, I didn't like vanilla's endings where they didn't really fill the whole screen.

Noriega said:
Do you think Capcom will be lazy and recycle the endings? Or make new ones?

That is if they make a super version.

I kinda have the feeling they will, but maybe MAYBE like TvC UAS, they'll redo them and incorporate the new additions to the roster.

The endings were the biggest disappointment of MvC3.

LordK

Noriega said:
Do you think Capcom will be lazy and recycle the endings? Or make new ones?

That is if they make a super version.

Well they were already lazy with the endings to begin with :) They'll probably be kind to the fans they love so much and give each ending another 500x400 piece of art with a new sentence per ending.

enzo_gt said:
WHY WOULD YOU CHOOSE BISHOP OVER CABLE AS AN INCLUSION

WHY, JUST WHY

/isaminority

/goesbacktostudying

Because Cable is fucking DEAD, that's why. >:[

Also, M on hat and walking through portals including red, horns, and badass mofo works out with Scarlet Witch. Her tiara looks like an M, lul.

And this guy:
129px-Eric_the_Red_001.jpg

This is Erik the Red, Cyclops' alternate persona.

SmithnCo

I didn't even think about her tiara thing, I guess it is an M, lol.

Also this is probably pushing it, but wasn't there a tweet about twins too? She does have a twin. But that tweet was a while ago.

Yea, that was about the movie Twins, I think he mentioned some actor there.

I mean, on my part, I'm just randomly throwing out ideas and shit, mostly wishful ones, I'm not trying to be utterly serious. I have no idea whom we are going to expect in the new roster 'sides from Strider and Wright, I'm not even sure if I should "trust" the Jubilee route we found.

To be honest, this whole "trying to find characters that correlate with the clues"-stuff is really fun and keeps my hype up. I'm not completely seriously trying to find out the characters because if I did, I would go to possibly false conclusions and, if I interpreted lupinko's stuff to be a character I'd really want (like Dr. Strange), I'd be severely disappointed if he wouldn't end up being in.

We're not gonna see any facts and confirmed names until Comic-Con anyway, so might as well humor lupinko and just throw out some food for thought.

LordK said:
Well they were already lazy with the endings to begin with :) They'll probably be kind to the fans they love so much and give each ending another 500x400 piece of art with a new sentence per ending.
Simple or compound?

The worst thing is that we're probably only gonna have about 2-4 characters announced at SDCC11. We won't know the full story till many months from now.

Mit-

Mr Touchdown said:
The worst thing is that we're probably only gonna have about 2-4 characters announced at SDCC11. We won't know the full story till many months from now.
Yeah this is what I'm scared of. And also why I cannot figure out whether or not this will be an add-on or a new version.

If it's a new version, they'll be announcing it really soon, and we'll be waiting either til the end of the year to see any of it, or early next year.

If it's an add-on, I can't see it being that much content, and definitely not any tweaks to mechanics like X-Factor. And Phoenix. She's an MvC3 mechanic.

Dartastic

SolarPowered said:
To be fair, the reasons why it's ass aren't necessarily due to the fact that it's *actually* ass. There are things that can all be improved. Firstly, X-Factor. Fuck that; it needs to be revamped really badly. In some form or another. Assist priority is also ass. It has literally reduced the game to one of three or so characters acting as viable assists. Lastly, happy birthdays are also ass. I mean, I should not be able to decimate 2/3's of someone's entire team due to a lucky hit. That goes in hand with the first two, but whatevs. I'm slightly drunk and I just got home. Fuck MvC3. Fix that shit, Capcom. It's like you sold us a goddamn beta.

...there are more, but I'm drunk. SLEEP TIME.

Becquerel said:

Also, M on hat and walking through portals including red, horns, and badass mofo works out with Scarlet Witch. Her tiara looks like an M, lul.

And this guy:

You know who's also dead? PHOENIX.

Valnen

Dahbomb said:
If anything Dear Diary might refer to Dante's Inferno/Vergil and their diary as they go through Hell.

BUT FUCK THE VERGIL HINTS... THEY ARE NOT REAL I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THEM!!!
I want to believe them so much. Oh god.

Karsticles said:
Red with horns, and from a series called Red Earth:

http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/Hauzer

No, it won't happen, but I can pretend.

Edit: The Magnificent Seven:
http://www.comicvine.com/the-magnificent-seven/65-58155/

Yes, I know it's DC comics, but maybe there's something there for us to pick from...

Magnificent Seven was a 1960 western based/modelled off of Kurosawa's Seven Samurai... could it have something to do with that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magnificent_Seven

Karsticles said:
YEEEES

I really hope it ends up being her. She'd be a fantastic mutant addition.

Edit: I love the connection made with Wiccan and Speed, especially. Dudes are really firing all cylinders right now haha.

MoxManiac

Becquerel said:

And this guy:

Mustard?? I'm ketchup motherfucker, zap your dumb ass

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I could dig Scarlet Witch. Answers to clues make sense compared to some of the older theories.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I give up on the red character link. Each candidate satisfies all the criteria for hints except one. Mephisto doesn't relate to a meme, Elektra does not have horns (this is actually now the most likely candidate as we don't know for sure if that Chibi quote was even a hint because it was found in isolation) Scarlett Witch, despite being wonderfully deduced at SRK, doesn't relate to a meme, Bishop is not red, despite people thinking the red tweet was referring to the meme originally when it was not, the meme was only to narrow down the list of red characters that we already had (which was Vergil, Elektra and Mephisto at that point), Erik The Red connects with earlier evidence of Lawrence Bayne but does not connect to a meme once again.

Also, Lupinko said someone very red was the only hint at that character aside from one other trinket a few hours before tweeting that there was another trinket. Much of the Scarlett Witch speculation is dude getting ahead of himself with hints. We've seen that enough times before. I don't mean to knock everything he's put together, but even if he's taking into account that a recent tweet helped narrow down a previous hint, he's still pulling clues from many different supposed, unlisted hints from completely different days that consisted of different hints.

I'm not prepared to wrap myself up in MMSF or Venom/Gambit overanalytical nonsense again. The Scarlett Witch speculation is quite elaborate and overanalytical.

Lothars

Takuan said:
Wait, Bishop is in? Fuck yes.

Cable can lick the balls. Shit-ass character.

Cable is still a superior character than Bishop but I will be interested to see how bishop will play like in the game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Karsticles said:
More convoluted and elongated links for what was supposed to be simple riddle that did not source every corner of his twitter for the past few days. I think Lupinko knew what he was saying when he discerned the Logan hint and someone red ones from being about two different things. I don't think he confused that much.

I'm not buying Scarlett Witch. Or Bishop.

More convoluted and elongated links for what was supposed to be simple riddle that did not source every corner of his twitter for the past few days. I think Lupinko knew what he was saying when he discerned the Logan hint and someone red ones from being about two different things. I don't think he confused that much.

I'm not buying Scarlett Witch. Or Bishop.
Did Lupinko ever say: "these are 8 hints about 8 separate things?" I thought he just said "here are the 8 hints I gave you" - I don't think we can be certain that none of them relate until that is determined.

Regardless, I'm not buying Scarlet Witch, I just think it's important to share ideas across forums. I'm one of the few people that reads GFAQs, GAF, and SRK, so I try and help bridge the communities' thoughts. Contrived or not, he put a lot of thought into the argument, so I felt it was worth sharing.

The Bishop=red thing does intrigue me.

Dahbomb

I find it very hard to believe that all those hints are for Scarlet Witch.

I mean it's possible but the links are sketchy and far out. Like why call Scarlet Witch a "wizard"? Why call her a mother fucker? The M on head is also sketchy and no better than M on Bishop's face. What about the lines about the Devil?

I read that SRK guy's post, he has a new character confirmed every day. A while ago he was pimping Luke Cage/Black Panther as confirmed in the game.

I have nothing against Scarlet, she would be a cool addition but the links are too far out.

I could make ALL those links for Sparda and confirm him as a character. He fits every hint thus far. Devil, horns, red muther fucker, M on head, Virgil, twins etc. But I am not pushing it because the evidence is slight.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Karsticles said:
Did Lupinko ever say: "these are 8 hints about 8 separate things?" I thought he just said "here are the 8 hints I gave you" - I don't think we can be certain that none of them relate until that is determined.

Regardless, I'm not buying Scarlet Witch, I just think it's important to share ideas across forums. I'm one of the few people that reads GFAQs, GAF, and SRK, so I try and help bridge the communities' thoughts. Contrived or not, he put a lot of thought into the argument, so I felt it was worth sharing.

The Bishop=red thing does intrigue me.
Oh no, I've been keeping up with the Scarlett Witch stuff too and still plan on including it in my next wrap up, but it's getting quite farfetched. Lupinko said this:

look the only hint is someone very red, there may be something else thrown to add to it, but that was it really, lolsrk

Then:
haha early typo originally, i will admit that, but anyway, I haven't been playing any game since then, it's not my fault everything is over
analyzed, after the 12 donuts things, I had it already, considering for that I walked everybody through it only for them to lose themselves
that's why going forward it's just 1 clue, and that was it, I was actually pretty generous just a few hours and threw out something to help
except i did it in a very subtle way
actually while i'm being honest here, the car analogy was an unrelated hint to the something very red
anyway the helper hint i threw out to go with something sehr rot hint is a meme that a certain forum will only know, believe

It kind of implies the hints are exlusive to different things, except #9, which is the only one he explicitly said helps narrow down a previous hint. So where is this subtle helper hint on his twitter to the meme to figure out the identity of the red character? I'm against more of these convoluted things people insist on trying to come up with.

I don't roll with bishop because bishop is not very red. That much pretty much says it's not bishop. He came into this thread and replied to someone asking "so if we figure [the meme] out, will we know the identity of someone red?" to which he said "If they know which meme it is." It is someone who is indeed red. He also said, that the tweet that was the helper hint for the meme, stood out amongst the other tweets discussed on the night of July 10th/AM of the 11th. So which was it?

anyway the helper hint i threw out to go with something sehr rot hint is a meme that a certain forum will only know, believe

Or

Actually I know plenty, I just choose not to say anything.
You can say I'm an enigmatic man like a certain hunter of yore.
That or no one understands me but my woman.
But I could be lovable
If you pay me double
Though you'll be bitter like beer for kids.

Or

wow, that's pretty cool how Verbal ended up doing a collab with Kylie Minogue after all

Those are the only tweets that stand out to me.

EDIT: I completely agree with Dahbomb. Dude finds someone new every day to ride on, once again, overlooking the simplicity. This is why, IMO, Elektra is the best bet, with Mephisto and Vergil as close seconds, but they would be instantly top picks if there was even a vague relationship to a meme there.

Dahbomb

Bishop is red if you take the Mod meme. Mods are colored red. If the GAF meme thing is to be believed, I would say Bishop is very legit.

And my Sparda theory becomes more and more legit (IN MY MIND!) every time a new hint is posted! If the next hint related to Sparda, I am going to post it here for the lulz.

Sai-kun

Banned
If Megaman.EXE makes it (and I hope to god that he does)

I will firmly invest myself in the game and become the best player in the world with him. That's how much I love the EXE series.

*facepalm* I misread this at the time. The HELPER hint is the meme, not something red. Oi vey.

wow, that's pretty cool how Verbal ended up doing a collab with Kylie Minogue after all
IIRC, Lupinko said this tweet didn't mean anything, he was just talking.

Time for a little backreading...

INTARESTIN:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995375-marvel-vs-capcom-3-fate-of-two-worlds/59716171?page=8

Pieman's post near the end:
Bishop went a bit nuts and wanted to kill the Mutant Messiah, Hope because he believe she is the cause of his own dystopian future. He also got a cyborg arm. At any rate, he is right now stranded on a dead future earth without any time travel device. He's been kind of left to die, but this being comics, he'll probably turn up alive eventually.
Bruce Campbell, gentlemen?

It would also fit in with the 2pac lyrics we got early on, and the Cable "disconfirmation".

Edit: Maybe Bishop has nothing to do with the red hint; I don't think we need it, there's a lot going for him already.

I think the "aids" tweet was supposed to be like the clockwork and Phoenix Wright tweets. It was supposed to be obvious to us that it was a confirmation of "that guy". We didn't get it though, and latched onto Cable. So Lupinko had to go out of his way to keep hinting at Bishop in other ways without mentioning him directly.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
Bishop is red if you take the Mod meme. Mods are colored red. If the GAF meme thing is to be believed, I would say Bishop is very legit.

And my Sparda theory becomes more and more legit (IN MY MIND!) every time a new hint is posted! If the next hint related to Sparda, I am going to post it here for the lulz.
But what I'm saying is he acknowledged the character as being red before he, in addition, said a clue to assist people is a meme only GAF would know.

And how slow are you man? Everybody knows it's Red Arrhemer. A page cannot go by without Red Arrhemer.

SmithnCo

I'm pretty sure the Mighty Max video is only a hint to Scarlet Witch's name- Wanda Maximoff- if it does relate to her.

Gotta wait for more hints though I guess.

Dahbomb

SmithnCo said:
I'm pretty sure the Mighty Max video is only a hint to Scarlet Witch's name- Wanda Maximoff- if it does relate to her.

Gotta wait for more hints though I guess.
I don't buy that either... Max is in a lot of Marvel character's name.

Pietro Maximoff - Quicksilver
Max Eisenhardt - Magneto
Luna Maximoff

M on head? Max Eisenhardt? Red mutha fucker? MAGNETO CONFIRMED FOR SMVC3!!!!

shaowebb

You know how everyone looks at the old character select menu and tries to fill it in? Why does no one ever think that it could....you know...spin since its on a SPHERE and reveal more columns of characters that wouldn't fit on the first page off screen to either side. Sort of like scrolling on an I-product.

God knows no one likes looking at a MUGEN screen and simply adding a scrollable list is kind of how you handle that. Not saying we'll someday see a bajillion million cast or something, but I wanted to point out how smooth and easy this is to do. Just have an icon with arrows pointing to the left or right above the select character images to help imply that there are more columns if you scroll left or right further.

SmithnCo

Dahbomb said:
I don't buy that either... Max is in a lot of Marvel character's name.

Pietro Maximoff - Quicksilver
Max Eisenhardt - Magneto
Luna Maximoff

M on head? Max Eisenhardt? Red mutha fucker? MAGNETO CONFIRMED FOR SMVC3!!!!

I think they are all related to Scarlet Witch though right? I think Quicksilver is her brother and Magneto is her father.

But really these clues could add up to a number of things, such is the case when we get no direct confirmation, lol.

What about Maximum Carnage, one of the most important parts of Carnage's history?

I still think we should keep Carnage in mind (as much as I would be disappointed if he made it in), none of the clues would object to him.

Carnage being Red Venom and/or Aunt May are GAF-related memes (if you want to call em like that).
He's very red.
He relates to the MAX-thing, not to mention that Carnage is mad.

MrMephistoX

Becquerel said:
What about Maximum Carnage, one of the most important parts of Carnage's history?

I still think we should keep Carnage in mind (as much as I would be disappointed if he made it in), none of the clues would object to him.

Carnage being Red Venom and/or Aunt May are GAF-related memes (if you want to call em like that).
He's very red.
He relates to the MAX-thing, not to mention that Carnage is mad.

Yep, I have the entire original set of comics sealed from my comic nerd days. Hopefully an investment that will pay off someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom