• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dizzy-4U said:
k2V5V.jpg
YES.

Hex

Banned
Belasco?

KiEKa.jpg

He is a teleporter, he is Nightcrawler's daddy.
He was the ruler of Limbo until Illiyana Rasputin overthrew him (Magik) and he was in X-Men First Class and made dumb for some reason.

Red- Travels through portals-Horns
wDsnl.jpg

Would be awesome if it were Magik, she could start as Magik and then Xfactor into her Darkchylde form

0Zfth.jpg

Becquerel said:
IMO Bishop always has been a douchebag character. I never liked him, he was such a terrible addition.

Also, to the guy who said "we need a black character", have you ever heard of Storm?
He meant we need more black characters

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
I got it!

its Mr.Keller. He and X-23 cross paths a few times so...

He's pretty cool, i usually dont like many post 90s Mutants, but Hellion is cool.

90176-177677-hellion_super.jpg

Gameplay wise he shouldn't be too though to figure out,

He can be a Cable mixed with Ermac

BAM!.gif

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Nils said:
One character is a bit on the meager side, but I'd take Blade, Ultimate Nick Fury; Brother Voodoo, Darwin or Cloak over Bishop any day.

...darwin..the fuck? that character sucks besides everyone knows it should be some good ole Dwayne McDuffie inspired Black Panther, or even Luke Cage.

wheres my Iron FIST capcom?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Darwin's power to adapt to basically everything could provide a very cool playstyle but would almost certainly be insanely diffeicult to implement somewhat decently. Luke Cage I don't see having a very fun playstyle. His power is mostly one of defense and that doesn't translate very well in a game. I will very much second Iron Fist though.

shaowebb

DonasaurusRex said:
...darwin..the fuck? that character sucks besides everyone knows it should be some good ole Dwayne McDuffie inspired Black Panther, or even Luke Cage.

wheres my Iron FIST capcom?

I love you so much. We are now BFF. <3

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
I am inclined to agree with the Mad Max -> Bishop hint.

I haven't seen a disconfirmation of Bishop for a week now.
WHY WOULD YOU CHOOSE BISHOP OVER CABLE AS AN INCLUSION

WHY, JUST WHY

/isaminority

/goesbacktostudying

Beth Cyra

enzo_gt said:

WHY, JUST WHY

/isaminority

/goesbacktostudying
I want Bishop simply because I actually liked him somewhat and always hated Cable as a character, so to me its a huge change for the better.

Hag

So I've been reading the Capcom-Unity stuff they will show at comic-con and there's no mention of Niitsuma coming among all the other producers but they tell that ''a producer'' will come to show the new secret game and will be playable. So I guess it's pretty much SMVC3? =P

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Oh my god if it's Omega Red. I don't know how it's possible that Lupinko is fulfilling so many childhood nostalgia fantasies.

Omega Red is the pinnacle of 90's X-Men villains. And he better beat Wolverine 7-3.

Lothars

TruePrime said:
I want Bishop simply because I actually liked him somewhat and always hated Cable as a character, so to me its a huge change for the better.

I like Bishop as a character but if I had to choose between Cable and Bishop, Cable would win everytime, I prefer Cable.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hag said:
So I've been reading the Capcom-Unity stuff they will show at comic-con and there's no mention of Niitsuma coming among all the other producers but they tell that ''a producer'' will come to show the new secret game and will be playable. So I guess it's pretty much SMVC3? =P
Niitsuma confirmed on his twitter he's going to Comic-Con.

Dahbomb

enzo_gt said:

WHY, JUST WHY

/isaminority

/goesbacktostudying
Cable only got famous because of HYPER VIPER BEAM.

If Bishop has AHVB and has a Cable alt... no one is going to give a fuck.

Caj814

Dahbomb said:
Cable only got famous because of HYPER VIPER BEAM.

If Bishop has AHVB and has a Cable alt... no one is going to give a fuck.
People aren't looking at the big picture with Bishop though. His powers is to absorb energy thrown at him and being able to throw it right back at the opponent. He would be the ultimate tank depending on how good the super would be AND if its combined with xfactor.

Grecco

I dont mind Bishop, at least hes new. Id rather have Punisher if we needed a gun toting character but whatever.

Hopefull we still get Gambit

DatBreh

Banned
Caj814 said:
People aren't looking at the big picture with Bishop though. His powers is to absorb energy thrown at him and being able to throw it right back at the opponent. He would be the ultimate tank depending on how good the super would be AND if its combined with xfactor.

So Bishop would be useless against the 2 Hulks and Wolverine.

Not gonna happen. X-Factor is a part of how you play the game. Now, if they made it so that they keep only lvl 1 but ONLY with a speed increase only, then maybe. We'll just have to wait and see now.

It's not bad but it could use some improvement.

Dahbomb

SquirrelNuckle said:
I don't really care who they add. Just remove X-Factor.
Unlikely, it's too huge of a mechanic to remove. In theory it's a very good mechanic and one that MVC3 benefits from in a strategic sense but in it's current state it's GROSSLY DISPROPORTIONATE especially for particular characters. It needs a global tweaking that's for sure.

That newspaper pic is awesome! ALL ABOARD THE MVC HYPE TRAIN!!!

Dahbomb

IntelliHeath said:
What the heck! Since when Bishop got confirmed?
No one confirmed shit, we are connecting the dots and interpreting hints. You might need to read up on the previous few pages to catch up. I suggest you find the Enzo summary post and edit into the OP for easy viewing for all.

Bishop is merely a likely candidate based on recent and former tweets.

BJWanlund

All righty then, hoping and praying for the following for SMvC3/UMvC3:

All MvC2 characters that didn't carry over will return!! Yes, that's including B.B. Hood, Venom, Cyclops, Arakaris (i.e. the weird mummy guy from Darkstalkers), etc.

PC/Mac/3DS/Wii U versions (possible Wii U launch title)

As far as new characters to the MvC series go:
Capcom
Phoenix Wright
Batsu (long shot)
Alex (long shot)
Mega Man X (surprising he's never been in an MvC title, only previous versions, such as the original Mega Man)

Marvel
Daredevil
Elektra
Mephisto (apparently OMD was a clusterf***, but I'm willing to give it a go someday when I get an iPad)
Professor Xavier (hey, if it gets Patrick Stewart to do some voice work for him, so much the better)

Dahbomb

BJWanlund said:
All righty then, hoping and praying for the following for SMvC3/UMvC3:

All MvC2 characters that didn't carry over will return!! Yes, that's including B.B. Hood, Venom, Cyclops, Arakaris (i.e. the weird mummy guy from Darkstalkers), etc.
Um no because some of the MVC2 character choices were dumb. You need to go back and take a good hard look at MVC2's roster.

Even if they manage to put in all MVC2 characters, plus all the ones from MVC3 (and some of the ones that are hinted in Super already like Strider/Wright) and the extra ones you listed.... that's over 80 characters easily.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Dahbomb said:
No one confirmed shit, we are connecting the dots and interpreting hints. You might need to read up on the previous few pages to catch up. I suggest you find the Enzo summary post and edit into the OP for easy viewing for all.

Bishop is merely a likely candidate based on recent and former tweets.

I will update the OP when he update his list.

Dahbomb

IntelliHeath said:
I will update the OP when he update his list.
Not really much to update it with. The Bishop stuff is already there in it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29245680&postcount=2882

There were some hints given today too. At first people though it was Vergil when they saw the hint, then Lupinko sort of de-confirmed that. Then people thought Mephisto and he sort of de-confirmed that. After that people thought of "M and travelling through portals" bit from the Mad Max vid and Bishop came up. Nothing have been said about that.

Also these "de-confirms" that I am talking about aren't total de-confirmations of the character, more like de-confirmation of the hint and character in question. He says the new tweets relate to something he said before.

SmithnCo

The M and portals thing is too abstract, lupinko said the hint was easier than people thought it was. I'm thinking Scarlet Witch for now until we get better theories.

Dahbomb

SmithnCo said:
The M and portals thing is too abstract, lupinko said the hint was easier than people thought it was. I'm thinking Scarlet Witch for now until we get better theories.
I don't get Lupinko man. There is specific mention of both VERGIL and BEOWULF in that episode of MM. Then he says it's not that so we assume something else. Then he says it's easier than that.

There might be something in the title of the episode "Magnificent 7" but I don't know. Posting a 20 minute video is the worst way to give hints... remember what happened with the YuGiOh/Pokemon videos? People were so way off base that he had to give the donut hint himself.

I just hope the females they add are good. I used to play with males more often, but me and my friend have mysteriously ended up picking women in every fighting game we have played recently(except for BB in my case). Jubilee, Scarlet Witch and Ms. Marvel would be great for me.

Such a strange subconscious thing...
SmithnCo said:
I hope this is the case. I never would have expected Jubilee and Scarlet witch would blindside me.
Dartastic said:
I just want a rumor showing how this game isn't going to be ass, because as it stands MvC3 is kinda ass.
Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom