• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtbag

It's Bison. It's obvious. Don't over think it

Horny:

bison21.jpg

It doesn't make a lot of sense too have two lookalikes in the game...
especially since a SMVC would automatically unlock the Sparda outfit if the rumors are correct.

Nyoro SF

Karsticles said:
No, Dante's costume is from when he attempted to disguise himself as Sparda in one of his games. It's not an actual SPARDA alt. It's still Dante.

Sparda evidence:
1) http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...-be-a-super-mvc3.132023/page-190#post-5572330

We are looking for something that fits a Dark Knight:
http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/The_Dark_Knight_Sparda

2) Chibi mentioned "horny red", and he definitely has horns.

3) The numerous Vergil and Dante hints that we all thought pointed to Vergil.

4) The strange human-demon sexual relationship.

5) Lupinko reminded us that his tweets are not company-specific.

6) Numerous "devil" hints.

In during this well thought explanation gets shot down..... again.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Nyoro SF said:
In during this well thought explanation gets shot down..... again.

Sparda is simply not red. Unless the red clue is talking about someone completely independent of all the other hints in that post, I think this is a dead end.

ZeroCDR

Karsticles said:
All of this time making fun of the Red Arremer folks...maybe there's something to it:
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...-be-a-super-mvc3.132023/page-191#post-5572458

People have been saying Red Arremer for awhile, yet they continue to treat us like we're on the wrong track. He is the best fit right now, having a relation to a knight (Arthur), being very red, horny, and in a crossover.

But they continued to give more clues about the whole "red character" thing, after he's been guessed MANY times so it can't be him?

With safesearch set to strict on google, look up "red arremer doujin" - 4th link.

People have been saying Red Arremer for awhile, yet they continue to treat us like we're on the wrong track. He is the best fit right now, having a relation to a knight (Arthur), being very red, horny, and in a crossover.

But they continued to give more clues about the whole "red character" thing, after he's been guessed MANY times so it can't be him?
Hey, I'm among those people who said it wasn't Red Arremer. Too good to be true. I don't see how he's horny, though.

Maybe they are being coy about the actual name or type. I'll go with Firebrand. What is the GAF meme part?

Firebrand is nicknamed Red Blaze.

ZeroCDR

Karsticles said:
Hey, I'm among those people who said it wasn't Red Arremer. Too good to be true. I don't see how he's horny, though.

Anytime I picture him in my head, I see horns cause he's so demon-like, but yeah I guess he doesn't have any. His wings have horns? lol

But anyway, lots have guessed him already, but supposedly we're on the wrong track as usual.

Somebody said Sonson recently at SRK, who is red and spits fire in Dragonball ripoff mode, but she doesn't have horns.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The pointy peak of Firebrand's head could be called a horn, especially in the snk sprites. I like Hauzer too, the Red is taken care of in the title Red Earth, what is the dark as knight connection?

Mit-

I don't think anyone should seriously pursue Red Arremer as a possibility, just because there's no way they would put him in this game as playable...

Even Firebrand is a waste of a character slot

I don't think anyone should seriously pursue Red Arremer as a possibility, just because there's no way they would put him in this game as playable...

Even Firebrand is a waste of a character slot
Seth Killian is a HUGE advocate for the GnG series in general. I wouldn't be surprised. He's in my top 5 most wanted.

Seriously, waste of a character slot? When we have Frank West and Phoenix Wright in the game?

Mit-

Karsticles said:
Seth Killian is a HUGE advocate for the GnG series in general. I wouldn't be surprised. He's in my top 5 most wanted.

Seriously, waste of a character slot? When we have Frank West and Phoenix Wright in the game?
In reference more to the demand side of things. Both Frank West and Phoenix Wright are highly demanded characters, regardless of how they might play/work in a fighting game.

I'd easily put him below all the other Capcom characters in terms of relevance as well. It'd be like Capcom adding their own Sentinel to the game, except Sentinel gets away with it due to his heritage in fighting games, whereas Red Arremer has only shown up in one SNK game.

or Hsien Ko
You ought not to insult one whom the many-tentacled god wishes to wed.

In reference more to the demand side of things. Both Frank West and Phoenix Wright are highly demanded characters, regardless of how they might play/work in a fighting game.

I'd easily put him below all the other Capcom characters in terms of relevance as well. It'd be like Capcom adding their own Sentinel to the game, except Sentinel gets away with it due to his heritage in fighting games, whereas Red Arremer has only showed up in one SNK game.
If you want to make an instantly terrible fighting game roster, only put in characters with high demand.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Karsticles said:
You ought not to insult one whom the many-tentacled god wishes to wed.

If you want to make an instantly terrible fighting game roster, only put in characters with high demand.

Your opinion, man.

I think every (most of) characters have potential to be unique and workable characters.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dirtbag said:
The Obama mother fucker meme goddam.
Obama president = M.Bison dictator
The look at this motherfucker and YES YES memes are not GAF ones. The former is a 4chan meme, and a hilarious one at that.

What's the GAF meme related to Arrhemer? I was ready to get on the the Bison hype train. Is it just the gaming side AKA Capcom? Pretty weak link there.

Fuck I've been mocking and shitting on people saying Red Arrhemer this entire time oh man. To be fair they were baseless guesses at the time. Inevitably we'll be wrong or something by the time I get home from work, but I'll do another update.

Where was the "spits hot fire" hint made?

Mit-

Chibi summed this up at srk:

Been in a cross over game
- Spits hot fire
- Reddest
- FIND MY HINT THAT'S BEEN BROUGHT UP
- Unsafe donjon-nees

Lacks the horny hint. If the dude is indeed supposed to be horny, to the point that it's notable, I really don't think it'd be Red Arremer, but the rest of the clues do seem to line up.

Or, it's Red Rapper

The look at this motherfucker and YES YES memes are not GAF ones. The former is a 4chan meme, and a hilarious one at that.

What's the GAF meme related to Arrhemer? I was ready to get on the the Bison hype train. Is it just the gaming side AKA Capcom? Pretty weak link there.

Fuck I've been mocking and shitting on people saying Red Arrhemer this entire time oh man. To be fair they were baseless guesses at the time. Inevitably we'll be wrong or something by the time I get home from work, but I'll do another update.

Where was the "spits hot fire" hint made?
I'll line it all up for you in a moment.

Lacks the horny hint. If the dude is indeed supposed to be horny, to the point that it's notable, I really don't think it'd be Red Arremer, but the rest of the clues do seem to line up.
- FIND MY HINT THAT'S BEEN BROUGHT UP

Nyoro SF

Frank West has merits on an almost unlimited number of tools, and Phoenix Wright has the potential to be really wacky no matter how you twist it.

But what does Red Arremer bring to the table? I'm looking at some SvC Chaos and GnG footage and I'm really not impressed.

@Enzo:
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...-be-a-super-mvc3.132023/page-190#post-5572330
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...-be-a-super-mvc3.132023/page-191#post-5572431

But what does Red Arremer bring to the table? I'm looking at some SvC Chaos and GnG footage and I'm really not impressed.
Why are you looking at an SNK game? That's not what he'd be based off of.

http://infinity.awardspace.us/Index2.htm

Look under "Sprite", then scroll down to "Demon's Crest". He has a huge moveset potential.

Also Enzo, here is the compiled evidence:
1) The crossover game is SvC Chaos (and it was definitely dubious...)
2) Spits fire, duh.
3) Very red.
4) The "hint that has been brought up" is horns. Previously I said he doesn't have horns, BUT, many Red Arremers do:

http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/File:RedArremerJoker.png
http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/File:RedArremerKing.png

And Firebrand gains horns in his Ultimate form:

http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/File:RedArremerLegendary.png

5) The dark knight. Firebrand descends from a Red Arremer family that is destined to save the demon world from chaos and collapse. In his games, he is a "hero" (but still a bad guy to people like Arthur, mind you).

6) Oh, and I'm not sure if you want to list the doujin thing, but if you google "red arremer doujin" you'll find a provocative doujinshi that has Red Arremer in it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Karsticles said:
@Enzo:
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...-be-a-super-mvc3.132023/page-190#post-5572330
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...-be-a-super-mvc3.132023/page-191#post-5572431

Why are you looking at an SNK game? That's not what he'd be based off of.

http://infinity.awardspace.us/Index2.htm

Look under "Sprite", then scroll down to "Demon's Crest". He has a huge moveset potential.
Props.

I'm sold except the meme link seems wonky, and the dubious relationship bit.

Makes sense with the "without a word" tweet too though, I don't think Red Arrhemers ever speak, do they?

EDIT: Nice job, Karst. Still weary about the meme link though, is that clarifyable or is that still up in the air?

I'm sold except the meme link seems wonky, and the dubious relationship bit.
The dubious relationship is two-part:
1) He was in SvC Chaos.
2) He was in a hentai doujin with the SNK girls.

Also, the "terrible bosses" thing relates to him, since he had serious SNK Boss Syndrome.

Makes sense with the "without a word" tweet too though, I don't think Red Arrhemers ever speak, do they?
I think the "without a word" tweet is a hint toward whatever Jem is supposed to be hinting at. I don't think it relates to our red character. Red Arremers do speak, but not English.

Edit: I'm lost on the meme part...but I don't think we've ever had that settled, so I'm not entirely bothered by it?

Dahbomb

Ok... first of all on Karts' Sparda links.

I made the links way before you did, but I was doing in a silly manner and debunking the other people on SRK who were making shit up. You can link any thing to anything if you try hard enough.

But I will set the record straight, Sparda can do a lot of shit and he can throw fireballs. He has a dragon far which of course can spit fire if he needs to. He loosely fits a lot of those criteria especially the "Dark as knight" because his other name is "The Legendary Dark Knight".

Also Sparda is already in the game... Dante's alt is Sparda. That is NOT Dante's disguise, that is in fact The Legendary Dark Knight (a disguise of Sparda, not Dante) complete with his signature Force Edge Sword and Devil Trigger. Why would they put in a character like that who already has an alt? Sparda is a legend, a myth in DMC almost. No one knows the extent of his powers, he is pretty much seen as a God in the universe. Not even Capcom knows how to deal with the Sparda canon so they have kept him a mystery all this time (rightfully so). Put him above definite characters like Vergil (Nelo Angelo), Nero and Lady would be quite dumb even by Capcom's standards.

When I went to sleep yesterday (or today to be precise), I had made up my mind that it was a red Capcom character based on the hints. I had also narrowed it down to Bison and Arremer but I couldn't come up with the GAF meme so I didn't pursue it. I gave it a rest and went to sleep. Arremer always had a case but the links just weren't there (Max video? GAF meme?). I only got back to him because of the doujinshi/crossover clue. It's still far a better guess than Sparda.

Also still confused about Midnight Oasis.

Dahbomb

I just saw Chibi's new hints... by those hints it's as close to Red Arremer as we can get. All those hints tick for Red Arremer, the "dark as knight" hint could just mean the opposite of Arthur who is a knight himself.

Still don't know how it relates to the Max video or a GAF meme.

I brought up the Red Arremer argument long before but Karst said that he doesn't have a horn but I was like yeah he does look at his pointy head. -_- Although now that I looked at Firebrand he actually DOES have horns so it definitely fits more so.

Mit-

Yeah, how would Sparda even be differentiated from Dante's alt? >_> Sparda vs. Dante alt = mirror match with the same colors.

Also, I love James Chen so, so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom