• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Chuck was the one with the ability to combine things.
It was in both DR games. The reason there's any confusion is this:
1) The original tweet said that if you combine Orange Juice and Chocolate Milk, it's good for a speed boost.
2) There is no Chocolate Milk item in either Dead Rising game.
3) There is a Milk item in Dead Rising 2.
4) People assumed it was a Dead Rising 2 reference from this.
5) However, Orange Juice + Milk doesn't make a speed boost in DR2, it makes Nectar, which attracts Queens to you.
6) In Dead Rising 1, there was an item called "Coffee Creamer".
7) This item looks EXACTLY like a gallon of Chocolate Milk.
8) Not-so-coincidentally, when Coffee Creamer is mixed with Orange Juice, it gives you a speed boost.

So, likely, Lupinko just had a visual memory of the item looking like Chocolate Milk despite it being called Coffee Creamer, and this is a DR1, not a DR2, reference, and thus we have Frank West, and not Chuck Greene.

Karsticles said:
It was in both DR games. The reason there's any confusion is this:
1) The original tweet said that if you combine Orange Juice and Chocolate Milk, it's good for a speed boost.
2) There is no Chocolate Milk item in either Dead Rising game.
3) There is a Milk item in Dead Rising 2.
4) People assumed it was a Dead Rising 2 reference from this.
5) However, Orange Juice + Milk doesn't make a speed boost in DR2, it makes Nectar, which attracts Queens to you.
6) In Dead Rising 1, there was an item called "Coffee Creamer".
7) This item looks EXACTLY like a gallon of Chocolate Milk.
8) Not-so-coincidentally, when Coffee Creamer is mixed with Orange Juice, it gives you a speed boost.

So, likely, Lupinko just had a visual memory of the item looking like Chocolate Milk despite it being called Coffee Creamer, and this is a DR1, not a DR2, reference, and thus we have Frank West, and not Chuck Greene.
Awesome. I prefer Frank. I just hope they get the DR voice actor back. The one in TvC blew ass.

Dahbomb

Page took a shit long time to load when I did it again. Must be increased traffic...

San Diego Comic Con is just around the corner, and many people are curious as to what the “fantastic news” Marvel vs. Capcom 3 producer Ryota Niitsuma will be delivering actually is. Well, our sources close to the project have revealed that news to be the announcement of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

The title will be a re-release similar to Super Street Fighter IV, which many fighting game fans will remember was budget priced at $39.99, and came with heaping handful of new characters exclusive to that version. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will see a similar release later this year, and with the character count jumping from 38 (including DLC fighters Jill Valentine and Shuma Gorath) to 50, there are at least a dozen reasons to be excited.

While our sources have been mum on the new characters expected to make an appearance, the inclusion of Frank West and Doctor Octopus files hidden on the original Marvel vs. Capcom 3 game disc should mean the appearance of those two characters is almost a given. We’ll let the speculation run wild as to the other ten characters, but we’d love to see the debut of the oft-rumored Phoenix Wright (as a fully playable character) and return of Mega Man, as well as the father/son tandem of Cable and Cyclops.

The new game and fighters will make their debut next week, so you only have to wait until the “Marvel vs. Capcom” panel at San Diego Comic Con on Saturday, July 23 to learn just who will be decided the fate of two worlds this time around.

I prefer frank..just worried he will have technical problems..lets hope

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/15/rumor-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-to-be-announced-at-comic-con/ Here's the joystiq article btw

The artists and writers at Marvel Comics display little inhibition when conjuring up fantastic worlds and alternate dimensions, but even they have a tough time imagining a universe in which you only buy a Capcom fighting game once. According to an unconfirmed report on comics blog The Quarter Bin, next week's Comic-Con in San Diego (Earth-616) will host the announcement of "Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3."

We know that Marvel vs. Capcom 3 producer Ryota Niitsuma will share some news at a Marvel vs. Capcom 3 panel on Saturday, and that Marvel Interactive will have its own panel to discuss several upcoming games, along with "some exciting new details about the future of Marvel vs. Capcom 3." Since Capcom's unlikely to comment before those panels take place, this rumor is hinged on the singling out of MvC3, and not the franchise as a whole.

The Quarter Bin also suggests that Capcom intends to repeat its Super Street Fighter IV strategy and launch Ultimate MvC3 at a discounted price ($39.99), with 12 extra characters added to the original roster. As likely as all that sounds, we remain skeptical of this rumor. The Earth-616 Capcom would surely go for "Penultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3" first.

[Thanks, Phil.]

DR2K

Banned
I'm sure there will be DLC for UMVC3. So they can hit that 56 character roster goal + plus sell us other stuff like costumes and shit.

SmithnCo

I hope if Frank is in he still screams "Oh my god!" when he summons zombies, lol.

I also kinda hope they retool some of his moves to include crazier items than vanilla baseball bat and golf club but I'll take what I can get.

_dementia said:
What technical problems exactly? He seemed to work fine in TvC UAS. Why wouldn't he work here?

I was under the impression that's why he wasn't part of the final roster in mvc3. Nitsuma even said so at one point..Or was it Seth..Karst need help here.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
_dementia said:
What technical problems exactly? He seemed to work fine in TvC UAS. Why wouldn't he work here?
Different engine, no? They cut him last minute due to problems with his moveset, people assumed this meant technical problems with the moveset that perhaps affected framerate.

There's a link in my wrap up to Niitsuma's official comment, can't link it from mobileGAF, sorry.

Toxicplatypus said:
I was under the impression that's why he wasn't part of the final roster in mvc3. Nitsuma even said so at one point..Or was it Seth..Karst need help here.
I think a fake leaker mentioned that.

enzo_gt said:
Different engine, no? They cut him last minute due to problems with his moveset, people assumed this meant technical problems with the moveset that perhaps affected framerate.

If not fixed..Chuck would be easy enough to make a moveset I guess...Combonation weapons everywhere.

Dahbomb

I am just going to throw this out there...

CAPCOM

Phoenix Wright
Strider Hiryu
Frank West/Chuck Greene
Red Arremer/Firebrand
Megaman (some form)
Vergil (OH GOD PLEASE GOD PLEASE)

MARVEL

Jubilee
Dr Strange
Cable/Bishop
Cyclops
Dr Octopus
Elektra

Dahbomb said:

CAPCOM

Phoenix Wright
Strider Hiryu
Frank West/Chuck Greene
Red Arremer/Firebrand
Megaman (some form)

MARVEL

Jubilee
Dr Strange
Cable/Bishop
Cyclops
Dr Octopus
Elektra
Needs more Juggernaut.

Dahbomb

Would've put him in but after the de-confirm... I am not feeling him anymore. :(

On that list, I am quite sure about top 3 on both categories... kinda sure about 4 and 5 and left field on 6 (Vergil). Cyclops should be traded for Elektra though, I think she has a better shot that him.

What really gets me about these 12 characters is that there is no "heavy" archetype. Closest character is Dr Octopus, it's mostly zoning/projectile characters with a few rushdown characters.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Dahbomb said:

CAPCOM

Phoenix Wright
Strider Hiryu
Frank West/Chuck Greene
Red Arremer/Firebrand
Megaman (some form)

MARVEL

Jubilee
Dr Strange
Cable/Bishop
Cyclops
Dr Octopus
Elektra

I could live with the roster.

My dream list of 12 characters (if 12 characters is true)

Phoenix Wright
Strider
Frank West/Chuck Greene
Red A.
Roll
Vergil/Felyne

Jubilee
Dr. Strange
Elektra
Dr. Octopus (no choice since he was in the files)
Gambit
Whatever they want to add.

Dahbomb

Dude you are the first person I have seen to put in ROLL over MEGAMAN.

Megaman should be in this game on principle just like Strider and Dr Strange.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Dahbomb said:
Dude you are the first person I have seen to put in ROLL over MEGAMAN.

1)Arthur put in his place so I can see they play similar.
2) I love TVC Roll but HATE MVC2 Roll (I main Roll in TVC)
3)I suspect they are saving megaman FOR DLC.

Dai101

Banned
If they really put Roll, i hope it's MvC2 Roll

iXTvP.jpg

Dahbomb

Megaman is a Capcom icon and a beloved character and one of the most recognized character in gaming history.

The only reason why I justified his absence from MVC3 was that I was almost sure they were saving him for the update (because they needed some real heavy hitters on that roster to make you buy it). If there is no Megaman in this... it will feel wrong.

I am not even a hardcore Megaman fan. I liked the classics, I liked the X series and other MM games but it was mostly casual. After Ryu, he IS Capcom's mascot.

I don't see Ultron or Vision anywhere so fuck these lists

Also, would it really be so hard for them to go to 18 characters? I wish they would. Just take more dev time, Vanilla isn't that old, people could live with it. The original game had 38 characters overall, a third of the original (retail) roster is cool but half of it is better.

EDIT: And yes, TvC Roll is amazing, as is her CGoH theme

Hex

Banned
Dahbomb said:
This thread is no longer about what characters will be in SMVC3...

For those that care, this is the CURRENT working theory of characters in SMVC3:
1) Strider Hiryu
2) Phoenix Wright
3) Frank West/Chuck Greene
4) Jubilee
5) Red Arremer/Firebrand
6) Dr Strange

Carnage DE-CONFIRMED!

RUMOR hits a Site: Ultimate MVC3? 12 new characters?

Shit just got real?

LOVE the thought of
Phoenix Wright and Dr Strange, Frank West could be awesome depending on moveset.
Jubilee
could be fun too.
I am more interested in balances they put in.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Dahbomb said:
Megaman is a Capcom icon and a beloved character and one of the most recognized character in gaming history.

The only reason why I justified his absence from MVC3 was that I was almost sure they were saving him for the update (because they needed some real heavy hitters on that roster to make you buy it). If there is no Megaman in this... it will feel wrong.

I am not even a hardcore Megaman fan. I liked the classics, I liked the X series and other MM games but it was mostly casual. After Ryu, he IS Capcom's mascot.

I love megaman games but I think they are saving him for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3: Alternative Dimension (aka Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition)

Dahbomb

IntelliHeath said:
I love megaman games but I think they are saving him for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3: Alternative Dimension (aka Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition)
Capcom saving their marquee character for their 3rd edition?

I hope Gene/Vergil are in the 3rd edition... I would buy the shit out of it!

With the Red Arremer clues, we got 4 Capcom characters in and that only leaves in 2 more (working on the 12 character theory here). Aside from Red Arremer, the other 3 were taken from the Capcom polls. The other characters that were on the Top end of the Polls are Megaman, Vergil and Gene. That's something to consider. Out of these 3, I am would put my money on Megaman and Vergil as the next one. Gene has the worst chance out of the 3 but it's still possible and I would love Capcom for it.

On the Marvel side... it's more open ended. We have AT BEST 3 good shots with the best one being Jubilee. We got Dr Strange who seems very logical. Dr Octopus (another Dr which is weird) who is technically already in the game partially. Elektra who has a stage in the game and was hinted as being cut at the last second. We got some hints de-confirming Cable while at the same time pointing at Bishop and/or Apocalypse. You can maybe add these characters up and that would be your 6 characters but I don't think it's going to be like that... there will be some left field inclusions if I know my Capcom. I also remember when Capcom saw the results of the Polls they said "The Capcom side we almost entirely expected but the Marvel side is... a bit different than expected". This tells me that the characters they had planned did not match the DLC results... ie Jubilee. Sure there might be a few characters from there but overall.. I don't like the changes of Gambit, Venom, Ms Marvel as much as I want them in.

IntelliHeath said:
Is MvC3 popular in Japan at all? I'd love to see it get an arcade release there and show up at SBO and such.

DR2K

Banned
BeautifulMemory said:
It really seems the possibility of Vergil is going down :( :(

We've already got Dante and Trish, there's really no need for him. They can add Lady if they like though.

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
Unless we're talking Megaman X, I'd probably take TvC Roll over any other incarnation of Megaman.

Hopefully this game really will be an expansion, and have the possibility of downloadable characters. It would be awesome to have at least 3-5 reps per series represented.

Megaman series as a whole should include Zero, Tron, X, Harp Note (roll replacement), Bass.exe ( for the battle network fans, also a awesome villain) and either Classic Megaman or Protoman.

I'd love Capcom forever if one day they had a Marvel vs Capcom 2 pack, including Son Son, Ruby Hart, Cable, and a few other characters that came out in Marvel 2.

Dahbomb said:

I don't know, Fighters were not popular for a long period of time. Also its really Captain commando. I almost want to say its classic megaman... but they way they show serve bots lmao....

Dirtbag

Dahbomb said:

CAPCOM

Phoenix Wright
Strider Hiryu
Frank West/Chuck Greene
Red Arremer/Firebrand
Megaman (some form)

MARVEL

Jubilee
Dr Strange
Cable/Bishop
Cyclops
Dr Octopus
Elektra

meh

Here is how all I am expecting

Capcom
1. Wright
2.Strider
3. Frank West
4. Roll
5. MMX
6. Red Arremer

Marvel
1. Dr. Strange
2. Jubilee
3. Some Spidey villain(Ock/Venom/Goblin)
4. Another Marvel female(Ms. marvel, Scarlet Witch, Rogue, Psylocke seem the most likely)
5. No idea
6. No idea

Marvel side is whole lot harder to predict. LOL.

DR2K

Banned
I don't understand how Wright is going as a fighting character, since it makes no sense. I'm also going to go ahead and assume Strider will not be making it in, but his orbs will return. Which is what most people want from him regardless. A lot of people are assuming they're going to be in because of fan demand or what not, but if that was the case they would have been in already.

Capcom and Marvel are going to choose who they want, and some of who they want will happen to be in demand, not because they are.

BeautifulMemory said:
Sir I respectfully disagree

It's Trish that we don't need. Vergil would be one badass mofo

Trish is pretty awesome though, do we really need another guy with a sword/gun?

_dementia said:
I would take Roll over Megaman. She was one of my favorite TvC characters.

I don't know if I'd take her over Rock, but I'd love to have her in the game so much, she was amazing in UAS and her puddle power up was a nice secret addition.

Anyways, I've been kinda out of the loop, we went from guessing Carnage yesterday to Red Arremer/Firebrand today, am I correct?

Is MvC3 popular in Japan at all? I'd love to see it get an arcade release there and show up at SBO and such.

I want one so that I can play with humans in person at all :T I don't think it's that popular though, but don't take my word for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom