• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing Capcom they'd include shitty US boxart Mega Man over the real deal any day

"Oh, but those gaijin LURVE IT"
"We'll be on top page of Kotaku for weeks if we do this"

Dirtbag

My expectations

Capcom
1.Strider
2.P.Wright
3.Frank West
4.Assura
5.Bison
6.Megaman/Roll

Marvel
1.Dr. Strange
2.Doc Oc
3.Jubilee
4.Gambit
5.Blade
6.Rogue/Ms.Marvel

Later DLC:

1.Carnage/Venom
2.Cyclops
3.Vergil
4.Juri

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
God's Beard said:
No Megaman wouldn't be trolling hard enough.

a2MHK.jpg
This wouldn't be trolling by Capcom, it'd be Capcom making the right and most sensible decision.

DR2K

Banned
I wonder what the excuse will be this time around for no DLC update, if that happens? In 2008 they said they built SFIV so that it's impossible to update because it wasn't planned. How is that going to fly in 2011?

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
DR2K said:
We've already got Dante and Trish, there's really no need for him. They can add Lady if they like though.
Dante and Trish dont play alike, very few similarities

Vergil played different from Dante in DMC, can easily be the same case in MvC3.

DMC is one of Capcom's biggest franchises. Having 3 DMC characters in the game is not a stretch.

DR2K said:
I wonder what the excuse will be this time around for no DLC update, if that happens? In 2008 they said they built SFIV so that it's impossible to update because it wasn't planned. How is that going to fly in 2011?
Probably the same excuse for no spectator mode. They had to get the shit out the door asap.

DR2K said:
We all bend over for 10 costume packs that cost 7.99 each.

~Devil Trigger~ said:

DMC is one of Capcom's biggest franchises. Having 3 DMC characters in the game is not a stretch.

And this is why we're gonna get Dino.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
_dementia said:
Probably the same excuse for no spectator mode. They had to get the shit out the door asap.
I agree. So are people realistically expecting spectator (and to a lesser extent, replay saving) this time around?

I'm not talking if you want it, we all want it. But do you expect that Capcom will do it this time around, and it truly wasn't a technical issue like Capcom made it seem like it was?

DR2K

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:

I never said they did.

Well they might add the new Dante if DMC is in need of representation. A way to show this new Ninja Theory western Dante is "cool". It would make more sense than any other inclusion from DMC.

enzo_gt said:
I agree. So are people realistically expecting spectator (and to a lesser extent, replay saving) this time around?

I'm not talking if you want it, we all want it. But do you expect that Capcom will do it this time around, and it truly wasn't a technical issue like Capcom made it seem like it was?

Who knows, what would be the right and sensible decision for Capcom?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
robot said:
I still think Hawkeye will make an appearance - w/ the movie next year it makes perfect sense.
Not really. Taskmaster was added after Hawkeye was even cast. Capcom pushed for Hawkeye but had to do with Taskmaster instead. Marvel comics has the influence, not other parts of Marvel.

robot

enzo_gt said:
Not really. Taskmaster was added after Hawkeye was even cast. Capcom pushed for Hawkeye but had to do with Taskmaster instead. Marvel comics has the influence, not other parts of Marvel.

Eh, I was repeatedly shot down when suggesting Red Arremer too. But hey, what do I know.

enzo_gt said:
This wouldn't be trolling by Capcom, it'd be Capcom making the right and most sensible decision.

You're right, that wouldn't be trolling. This would be
normal_geoandmega.jpg

And I'll be honest, I'd love them forever for it and would be the first person to laugh at the haters if he's ever announced.

enzo_gt said:

Why does Marvel deny the use of certain characters? Serious question.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
BeautifulMemory said:
What was marvels reason?
Since it's a collaborative process, presumably Taskmaster had a series that was being pushed and Marvel 'suggested' Taskmaster instead of Hawkeye.

The way it works is Marvel confers with Capcoms list of characters they want, and if Marvel doesn't want a particular character represented and they want others instead, they suggest characters in the place to try a middleground. Capcom suggests characters based on playstyles remember, so Taskmaster as a thinly veiled Hawkeye probably wasn't a bad compromise.

Dahbomb

~Devil Trigger~ said:

This right here is the truth. People forget that SF has 4 reps in this game, 3 reps of Darkstalker characters and RE has 3 reps. GnG might end up having 2 reps and a lot less popular franchises have received reps in MVC3 or MVC2. Having 3 DMC characters is NOT a stretch at all especially when those characters practically come custom made with a FG movelist.

Also I can't believe people are already thinking about MORE DLC after this update. LOL...

Dahbomb said:
This right here is the truth. People forget that SF has 4 reps in this game, 3 reps of Darkstalker characters and RE has 3 reps. GnG might end up having 2 reps and a lot less popular franchises have received reps in MVC3 or MVC2. Having 3 DMC characters is NOT a stretch at all especially when those characters practically come custom made with a FG movelist.

Also I can't believe people are already thinking about MORE DLC after this update. LOL...
Well, it's a business after all. I'm sure we'll see more AE DLC too.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
enzo_gt said:

I think the technical issue excuse for replays is dumb. All replays are simple recording of button presses. It doesn't matter how many buttons are pressed. Play SSFIV and literally mash buttons for 99 seconds. It'll record every action with no difficulty.

As far as spectator mode is concerned, I simply cannot imagine that it's impossible to include. And if they know what's good for them, they'll add it. A lack of spectator mode is the only thing that would make me consider not picking up a SMvC3. I'd pick it up at pretty much any price point if it does include it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:

MOAR SPIDERMAN REPS PLOX

JazzmanZ

if I had to choose 12 new characters for the game it would be.

Marvel

1.Dr.Strange
2.Doc ock
3.Venom
4.Cable
5.Cyclops
6.Ms.Marvel

Capcom

1.Red Arremener
2.Phoenix wright
3.Strider
4.Frank west
5.Megaman
6.Vergil

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
JazzmanZ said:
if I had to choose 12 new characters for the game it would be.

Marvel

1.Dr.Strange
2.Doc ock
3.Venom
4.Cable
5.Cyclops
6.Ms.Marvel

Capcom

1.Red Arremener
2.Phoenix wright
3.Strider
4.Frank west
5.Megaman
6.Strider

Two Striders? REALLY?

@enzo

Idk I'd be down for it but is it really possible? Both the big current gen hardware intensive fighting games out there (mk9 and marvel 3) now have bad online. I heard, and God I wish I could find the link, but Ponder (the guy who created ggpo) said it was something to do with the current gen of consoles ram specs. Something about Gpu or Cpu cycles being unable to keep up with both the graphic content, and the online portion. Ram-wise the Xbox 360 tops out at 512 if I remember correctly, the ps3 a bit less. (Hence the best online version of AE is on the PC.) I just can't see it being even a remote possibility.

Skilletor

Green Scar said:
I never played a lot of MvC2, but wasn't Hayato a Strider clone

I'm guessing not

they appeared similar anyway

Nothing at all alike. Hayato was from Star Gladiator and had a lot of stuff from those. Systems whose names I can't remember, similar to canned combos like 10-strings from tekken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom