• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Alpha Test Invites Going Out [Psyduck And Conquest At GamesCom]

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
f5ninv.gif

Keasar

Ubersnug said:
I contacted their online support yesterday and this is what was said:

Albeit, a confusing conversation, but the impression is that the emails are being sent out in stages.
Yeah, I just asked the same thing.
Simple: Hi, my name is Simple. How may I help you?
Me: Hello. Yes, I have bought the game of Medal of Honor - Tier 1 Edition. In this package is an invitation to the Battlefield 3 beta. I have the game registered to my EA Account. I was wondering since there have been reports that people are recieving emails that confirms their spot in the upcomming beta and I have yet to recieve that email if there would happen to be a problem with my game or if I should patiently wait for it to arrive?
Simple: Okay. Please be informed Me, that invitations are being sent randomly by the server. So, I request you to wait.

Seems like they are sent out randomly to people.

Freki

whyman said:
Yea at this point they should just start a countdown site for everytime the alpha invites go out. Im looking at my email every 10 sec.

Thats the reason I migrated my eMail to push - so its instant :-D

demolitio

Freki said:
Thats the reason I migrated my eMail to push - so its instant :-D
I have my phone make the loudest sound known to man any time I get a new email so I always can check it as soon as I get one. Too bad I get like 500 store newsletters instead of the stuff I actually want...lol

Is it just me or did the LAV's primary fire look really weak against infantry in that one video? I know the guy wasn't the best at it, but it still looked like he should have killed the one guy.

Freki

demolitio said:
I have my phone make the loudest sound known to man any time I get a new email so I always can check it as soon as I get one. Too bad I get like 500 store newsletters instead of the stuff I actually want...lol

Is it just me or did the LAV's primary fire look really weak against infantry in that one video? I know the guy wasn't the best at it, but it still looked like he should have killed the one guy.

^^ but the excitement!

but on a more serious note - you could filter you newsletters to a seperate folder where they aren't treated with a notification - thats what I do on my gmail account.

but back to topic - was the key given to someone? if not pllllllzzzzz? :-D

Billen

Banned
According to the NDA people are allowed to say that there is an alpha and that they are part of it, but nothing more. Posting movies etc of an unfinished product is not a good idea.

Freki

Billen said:
According to the NDA people are allowed to say that there is an alpha and that they are part of it, but nothing more. Posting movies etc of an unfinished product is not a good idea.

But we need our fix - SC2 Beta streams saved me until release.

Enco

Billen said:
Dice should thank them. It's not like they're releasing gameplay.

Billen said:

I agree, though I still wonder how this usama guy gets away with it. Btw, how many likes does he have now?

CassSept

My PC is Intel Core2 Quad 2.5 GhZ, GeForce 9600 GT and 2 GB ram.
Will BF3 run on my PC at all? I've been delaying adding more ram for a while now, but I'm wondering right now if it makes any sense at all or should I just get a new PC altogether...

Mr_Brit

Banned
CassSept said:
Will BF3 run on my PC at all? I've been delaying adding more ram for a while now, but I'm wondering right now if it makes any sense at all or should I just get a new PC altogether...
It should run decently at medium on 720p.

Don't get any more RAM though. If you want to upgrade, then get a brand new PC as any money spent on your current one would be a waste.

CassSept said:

sorry I think GT9600 is a DX9 card.

Freki

CassSept said:

It will run - but dont expect any miracles - and judging from you specs your pc is around 4-5 years old - so id recommend to get a new one.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
So is the Command Rose back or do I need to find a Medic and 'spot' him, and is spotting still as terrible as in BC2?

Enco

Billen said:
Unclear joke or what? The movies mostly show gameplay, yes.
I was kinda joking.

It's true though. They've released very little gameplay so I'm happy people are releasing it themselves.

demolitio

Ikuu said:
So is the Command Rose back or do I need to find a Medic and 'spot' him, and is spotting still as terrible as in BC2?
From what I remember, there's no commo rose but I'm not 100% sure. It's a shame if it isn't there since that was one of the coolest features of BF2 to support teamwork and communication. I'm sure it will be like BC2 so it's easy to do on consoles but it sucks if it's not in the PC version like I imagine.

I guess it's time to go to bed and pray that my invite is waiting for me in the morning at the top of my email list. Being realistic, I'll just sleep until September and then wake up so it actually would happen.

Billen

Banned
Enco said:
I was kinda joking.

It's true though. They've released very little gameplay so I'm happy people are releasing it themselves.

So I figured. Sorry if I came across as a cunt. :D

The thing is that there are LOADS of posts regarding the leaked movies along the lines of "The destruction is bad. I dislike the graphics" etc. Some of these people could possibly buy another game due to these negative opinions, and they could convince others to do the same. Now, if we imagine that the alpha product really isn't representative of the final product, this is hardly a good thing.

Of course there are people that will buy the game due to the movies they see, but they probably would at a later stage anyway, having seen the movies from the final product instead. It's hardly as if the hype from not seeing any movies beside the official ones would kill their sales.

Enco

Billen said:
So I figured. Sorry if I came across as a cunt. :D

The thing is that there are LOADS of posts regarding the leaked movies along the lines of "The destruction is bad. I dislike the graphics" etc. Some of these people could possibly buy another game due to these negative opinions, and they could convince others to do the same. Now, if we imagine that the alpha product really isn't representative of the final product, this is hardly a good thing.

Of course there are people that will buy the game due to the movies they see, but they probably would at a later stage anyway, having seen the movies from the final product instead. It's hardly as if the hype from not seeing any movies beside the official ones would kill their sales.
It's cool. I was gonna say exactly that in my post but decided not to haha.

It's still alpha and people should relax. Either way it looks pretty darn good to me. I'll definitely be picking it up. Even if the game is not improved from alpha (which it will).

Kyaw

I'm probably way too late for the alpha key begging... but do i still have a chance? :3

For those who are saying the game looks 'underwhelming'... look again:

First shot is downsized from bullshots size but the actual game can look close to that with a good but not impossible amount of AA.

Other shots are from the 1080p/compressed/60fps version of the 'Thunderrun' gameplay.

4tcpc.png

5og3c.png

67gtt.png

7xhcw.png

Alpha trial is an alpha trial... really not indicative of what the final game will look like.
The official video DICE released looks good but it's still way too compressed to tell whether things look good or not. When the game is running on your computer it'll look 10 times better, believe me. (given that you can run the game with decent amount of AA/AF)

CozMick

Banned
I went ahead and gave Sn4ke_911 a PM.

He was first reply afterall, and I couldn't deal with the backlash of the NDA, if there ever was one. :\

supersaw said:
Damage control...
I'm pretty sure this is the same building.

Sn4ke_911 said:
I think they released the game with 10 maps.
Rush
Arica Harbor
Isla Inocentes
Nelson Bay
Port Valdez
Valparaiso

Conquest
Atacama Desert
Laguna Alta
Laguna Presa
Panama Canal
White Pass

5 maps per mode, conversions trickled out as "free" VIP maps over a five month period.
Hopefully EA won't be pulling that bullshit again.

Sn4ke_911

CozMick said:
I went ahead and gave Sn4ke_911 a PM.

He was first reply afterall, and I couldn't deal with the backlash of the NDA, if there ever was one. :\

Unbelievable. I'm soooo happy i can't tell you.

Really, thank you very much CozMick! :)

CozMick

Banned
What the Fuuuu...

I keep receiving PM's from people on the EA forums begging me :\

I haven't been on there for years.

Sn4ke_911 check ya pm's

Sn4ke_911

CozMick said:
What the Fuuuu...

Sn4ke_911 check ya pm's

I got the code. Once again thank you! :)

Edit: I'm at work so i couldn't redeem the code yet but i will ASAP i get home.

derFeef said:
I might come by now. It's okay, right?

Haha, yeah man anytime. There is only one condition ...
bring some beer :p

Rapefrog

Neo Member
CozMick said:
What the Fuuuu...

Sn4ke_911 check ya pm's

reported, you can't do this and you knwo it.

iluvgames

Banned
i blagged myself to veteran status from nothing to level 8 through ea live support chat lol but when i load up bf2 its telling iam level 12 ?

good vid from alpha

Kyaw

Nostalgia~4ever said:
It seems that there might not be a 3rd person view for the vehicles. I dont think it is a big deal though.

It is useful for Blackhawks because i can adjust the chopper properly for the gunner.

For jets, it's very useful to look around but keeping it only first person would be fine too, makes it harder.

For tanks, it's good that 3rd person is removed. You should only be able to see the first person perspective.

Arnie

Nostalgia~4ever said:
It seems that there might not be a 3rd person view for the vehicles. I dont think it is a big deal though.
It is a big deal in a positive sense. No more eagle vision for tanks, you can only see what's in your first person perspective.

Mr_Brit

Banned
Arnie said:
It is a big deal in a positive sense. No more eagle vision for tanks, you can only see what's in your first person perspective.
The negatives far outweigh the positives. Whilst in a sense it makes it more fair, it also makes it much less fun to use vehicles especially now that most of them will be using cameras with HUD everywhere instead of your PC looking out a hole or window.

Kyaw said:
It is useful for Blackhawks because i can adjust the chopper properly for the gunner.

For jets, it's very useful to look around but keeping it only first person would be fine too, makes it harder.

For tanks, it's good that 3rd person is removed. You should only be able to see the first person perspective.

Yeah true. This isn't confirmed or anything, just some guy speculating.

Top Bottom