• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT2|

laika09 said:
For the last mission and the upgraded turtles, my favorite paradigms were always 3 of the same type. SEN/SEN/SEN is pretty much required to survive some attacks, and it's amazing how fast you can buff/debuff with 3 SYNs and SABs. And once your characters are pushing 3.5/4k attack, it becomes pointless to mix COMs and RAVs when you can obliterate things instantly once they're broken with 3 COMs.

Yeah, having 3 of the same type was SO satisfying in a lot of situations. Having everyone hasted while SYNs and SABs was incredible. With good stats, even the guis aren't that hard as long as you shift to SEN/SEN/SEN quickly.

Phew..... damn, after more than 15 hours of grinding CP at the Mah'hara caves I maxed all my Charatcers roles:

photopmv.jpg

Please tell me the boring part for the Platinum trophy is over?

now to finish the remaining 5 missions and to get full 5 stars in every mission.... and in the end the treasure hunter trophy which I hope it won't be so much pain the the *** .

it will isn't it :-( ?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The Treasure Hunter trophy is very painful.

laika09

The Praiseworthy said:

now to finish the remaining 5 missions and to get full 5 stars in every mission.... and in the end the treasure hunter trophy which I hope it won't be so much pain the the *** .

As much time as you spent maxing roles and 5-starring missions, you'll spend three times that farming platinum ingots and trapezohedrons.

ULTROS! said:
The Treasure Hunter trophy is very painful.

Oh no :-(

laika09 said:
As much time as you spent maxing roles and 5-starring missions, you'll spend three times that farming platinum ingots and trapezohedrons.

Won't using Death Ability make the farming easier ? or it doesn't have any effect ?

laika09

The Praiseworthy said:
Oh no :-(

Won't using Death Ability make the farming easier ? or it doesn't have any effect ?

Once your roles are maxed, it's much faster to just develop a strategy to kill turtles quickly than to spam death for your 5% chance per full ATB bar or whatever. On YouTube I'm sure there's some good strategies to kill them in 40-50 seconds each depending on your setup. You just need an obscene amount of gil to get everything done, and even with the proper accessories equipped, platinum ingots only drop 1 in 5 times or so.

Negator

I don't know if it was luck or what, but I ended up having three times the amount of trapezohedrons that I needed before I had the Gil to upgrade all the weapons to max level 2. Traps are cake.

Well... what team members you guys used to farm? which setup was the most effected one for you?

Mine is this:

photolt.jpg

is it good? because it was effecting for me in the past 35 hours.... is there more effecting way than mine!!

Shikoro

The Praiseworthy said:
Well... what team members you guys used to farm? which setup was the most effected one for you?

Mine is this:

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/9341/photolt.jpg

is it good? because it was effecting for me in the past 35 hours.... is there more effecting way than mine!!
No, you should always have 2 SABs and 2 SENs in a paradigm. I recommend this:
COM COM COM
RAV COM RAV
COM RAV MED
SYN SEN SYN
SAB RAV SAB
MED SEN MED

This is just from the top of my head, but later I'll turn the game on once more to see what the best setup is. :)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Negator said:
I don't know if it was luck or what, but I ended up having three times the amount of trapezohedrons that I needed before I had the Gil to upgrade all the weapons to max level 2. Traps are cake.
Probably luck. One of my friends got traps a lot but a lack of Ingots. Another one of my friends and I had a lot of issues getting Traps and Ingots even with the Conoisseur's Catalogue equipped.

I had a heck of an easier time getting Dark Matters and Gold Nuggets, though. Lots of money for those Adamantites. I just maxed one of Fang's weapons and then dismantled it for three traps to use for the others' weapons. Acquiring money was the part that annoyed me.

The Praiseworthy said:
Honestly, you can use any team you want if they feel good for you. What's important are your Optima and your equipment. Use Gaian Rings. Better if they're maxed for minimal damage if you're not good at immediately switching into SEN/SEN/SEN, but since your roles are maxed, this isn't a problem if you're fighting Adamantoises. They should be cake for you by now. Your issue now are the Guis.

For Adamantoises, I used Fang, Vanille, Snow. When Lightning became more competent with regards to the Jammer role, I switched Snow out for her. But in all honesty, I prefer Snow over her. Actually, I don't recall using Lightning much at all. My postgame party was generally Fang/Vanille/Hope before I started doing a platinum run in the English version, but it's because I'm always partial to spellcasters in RPGs. Plus Vanille's voice wasn't as irritating in the Japanese version.

Like I said, it depends on your Optima and equipment. It's been a while, but... I think my Optima were...
Fang/Vanille/Snow
Syn/Med/Syn (Prelim Buffing)
Rav/Rav/Rav (Beefing up Break Gauge to kill leg)
Com/Med/Med (Kill leg with Highwind)
Syn/Sab/Sab (Rebuff and debuff downed Adamantoise)
Com/Rav/Sab (continue casting Daze; drive up Break Gauge for downed Adamantoise
Com/Com/Sab (kill)

You can do this in one round of a downed Adamantoise now. It's faster if you have a powered-up Lightning so Fang isn't the only one doing damage. Just switch the last two Optima to:
Fang/Vanille/Light
Com/Rav/Com
Com/Sab/Com

My equipment was...
Pandoran Spear/Calamity Spear (Fang)
Malboro Wand (Vanille)
Paladin/Winged Saint (Snow)
3 Gaian Rings (at the end of it all, at least; you can get away with the vanilla Earth protection rings without upgrading)
1 Genji Glove (Fang)
2 Power Gloves (Fang)
Collector Catalogue (Vanille)
Sorcerer's Mark/Weirding Glyph (Vanille + Snow)
Magus's Bracelet (Vanille)
Gold Watch (Snow)
Connoisseur's Catalogue (Snow)

Might be confusing it with some of the equipment I had for the Guis, but really, at max Crystarium, the Adamantoises shouldn't be posing any problems to you.

For Long Guis, I used Fang, Vanille, Snow for a few times until I got used to fighting them and maxing out roles + accessories. I used this party because they all have Mediguard. I used Fang, Lightning, Sazh later on.

Why Sazh? Because whenever he's a Jammer and is flinging spells at the Long Gui, his Daze attacks can be timed to prevent the Gui from attacking after the girls take it out of its stunned state. Snow's good too if you want to play defensively (I'd advise using a Gold Watch then), but Sazh is ultimately better if you're on the offensive because his slow casting speed and animation can easily be taken advantage of here. I would advise against taking Hope with you when fighting Guis because his HP meh, but one of my friends ended up using Fang/Light/Hope for the entire game (but only fought two Guis while using shrouds; he ended up buying the Dark Matters--wat).

Fang/Vanille/Snow setup is pretty similar to the one above.
Syn/Sab/Syn (buffing/debuffing)
Sen/Sen/Sen (essential for the first round of Quake. Switch to it when he stomps or casts Ultima)
Rav/Rav/Rav
Com/Rav/Sab
Com/Rav/Sab (this is set up twice for ATB cancelling)
Med/Med/Med (precaution; if it's dazed, switch to this immediately to get health back up)

When I used Lightning/Fang/Sazh, I used...
Syn/Sab/Syn (Lightning to cast an En-spell on herself and Fang; this has a purpose if you get Imperil on it)
Sen/Sen/Sen (obvious)
Rav/Rav/Rav
Com/Com/Sab
Com/Com/Sab (ATB cancel)
Med/Med/Med

Equip:
Ultima Weapon (Lightning)
Calamity Spear (Fang)
Fomalhaut Elites (Sazh)
Genji Glove x 2 (Fang and Lightning)
Power Glove x 3 (Fang (1) and Lightning (2))
Gaian Ring x 3 maxed (Fang/Lightning/Sazh)
Gold Watch (Fang)
Connoisseur Catalogue (Sazh)
Collector's Catalogue (Sazh)
General's Belt (Sazh)

Guis can be unpredictable. I had a few that used Quake, stomped and then used Roar immediately, meaning I had to start the battle over. Once the Gui uses Roar, it's over; you aren't going to get 5 Stars unless you were close to defeating it since you need to heal up after that.

Shikoro said:
No, you should always have 2 SABs and 2 SENs in a paradigm. I recommend this:
COM COM COM
RAV COM RAV
COM RAV MED
SYN SEN SYN
SAB RAV SAB
MED SEN MED

This is just from the top of my head, but later I'll turn the game on once more to see what the best setup is. :)

greyshark said:
I used Lightning/Fang/Snow - having Snow cast Daze as a SAB greatly increased my party's attack power.

I've been reading around to pick up my ultimate team now to farm... and I got more confused because there are so many choices to pick up from :p

Are they freaking kidding me with the Gold Watch ?

A battle target time for 5 stars is 19 sec.... I equip the watch thinking maybe it will give me 25% extra time.... and what it does? give me only 1 extra sec!!! one freaking extra sec!!!!!!

What I'm going to do with this stupid extra 1 sec!!!! NOTHING, it doesn't help!!!!

What a joke -_-"

jaxword

I was avoiding this thread because I hadn't finished it and was avoiding spoilers.

What a great game...that had dealbreaking flaws. I haven't felt this conflicted about an FF since FF2. I couldn't replay FF13, though it was fun.

The best way I can describe it would be it had many opportunities for greatness...but it never actually made it in each one. It tried, and it got the bronze medal, but never quite hit its goals.

Sazh is the best character they've made in years. Also, he is to be played by Chris Tucker in the movie. Hope is the worst character, but, then, he's supposed to be 14 and a brat, and that fits perfectly. In fact, all the characters' motivations fit fine, except, strangely, Vanille. Perhaps that's why she was the narrator. Snow was a great deconstruction of the FF hero, he spouted off lines that would fit coming from Locke, Zidane, Zack, etc.

Toriyama is a George Lucas. He has neat ideas, but absolutely TERRIBLE pacing abilities. Gran Pulse should've arrived waaaaaaaaaay earlier. And he uses faaaar too many cliche moments. Sazh's suicide fakeout was embarrassingly bad. Sitcom conversations cut off just before deciding to talk? Ugh, that died in the 90s. Barthandalus could've been one of the best FF villains if they'd just introduced him FAR earlier. There's a reason why Kefka, Sephiroth, Golbez, are remembered over Ultimecia, Kuja and Yevon. You gotta introduce your villains EARLY to get the players focus on them.

And Cocoon! What a great concept! Except that it's never really shown flat out how that world works, so you never get the feel of this strange curved wall surrounding you. Inception JUST came out with amazing visuals of a reverse-landscape, how could they not have taken cues from those camera angles?

Paradigm system was ok....but needed more refining. Throw some variation into their body movements and models! We have the technology for that!

There wasn't nearly enough monster diversity; sprite recolors are a tradition that should've STOPPED with sprites.

If I ever invent a time machine and I can ONLY affect works of art, I'll be damn sure to drop a few million into the FF13 development staff so they hire waaaaay more QA and playtesters and editors.

FF13 had all the ingredients of being one of the best FFs, but they just weren't baked right.

laika09

jaxword said:
And Cocoon! What a great concept! Except that it's never really shown flat out how that world works, so you never get the feel of this strange curved wall surrounding you. Inception JUST came out with amazing visuals of a reverse-landscape, how could they not have taken cues from those camera angles?

Inception came out 7 months after this game :x

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The Praiseworthy said:
Are they freaking kidding me with the Gold Watch ?

A battle target time for 5 stars is 19 sec.... I equip the watch thinking maybe it will give me 25% extra time.... and what it does? give me only 1 extra sec!!! one freaking extra sec!!!!!!

What I'm going to do with this stupid extra 1 sec!!!! NOTHING, it doesn't help!!!!

What a joke -_-"
Target time also depends on what you have equipped too.

I think Target Time is...
Target Time = [(Enemy Strength) / (Party Members' Strength)] + 8

Enemy Strength and Party Strength have their own calculations, but we're playing a game, not sitting in an algebra class. Gold Watch multiplies the Target Time by 1.1... hence why you didn't get that much of an increase.

So Target Time' = (Gold Watch)*([[(Enemy Strength) / (Party Strength)] + 8])

Do you have stat enhancers or maxed equipment on? I know your Crystarium is maxed, and that also lowers your target time, iirc. Reduce the amount of stat enhancers equipped (which decrease your target time by 7%, I think... and make sure they're not leveled too much), try to limit the amount of maxed equipment you have on, and try to finish battles faster and more efficiently (quick fingers and keep your finger close to the Optima Shift button). Keep the Catalogues equipped. You need those.

Equip Sprint Shoes on each of your members so you don't have to cast Haste at the beginning of battle. Morale Talisman is good if you don't want to cast Brave or enhance your attack. Blessed Talisman if you don't want to cast Faith or enhance your magic. Um... Aurora Scarves (upgraded from Whistlewind scarves) give you a full ATB gauge at the beginning of battle.

If you're working on Staggering an enemy and you have Rav/Rav/Rav, make sure you're casting Thunder. Thunder is the fastest spell you can cast in the game. Don't bother with the other spells because they'll take up too much time casting.

If you have a character who is there for support only, do not bother increasing their attack stats. You will only decrease your target time by doing so.

Do not use Tier-3 weapons when you're working on ratings for missions. Ever. You pay twofold when you use those. The extra Strength/Magic added by the Tier-3 weapon will always reduce the Target time. If it makes you feel better, I 5-starred all the missions using Tier-1 weapons alone. I did not start heavily upgrading my equipment until after I had finished all the missions and started farming Traps and Dark Matters.

That's all you can do, really. It's kinda dumb, I know...

Are you working on the battle against the first of
Titan's Trials
against the salamander thing with spikes (Gurangatch), btw? I had to use the Sneak Smoke (er, the Shroud that turns you invisible) for that one. I didn't know that Sazh's Random Instant Chain would work on it until I had 5-starred it and had gone through
Titan's Trials
a bunch of times. If I had known RIC would work, I would not have wasted a Shroud on it. -_-

Jeels

The Praiseworthy said:
Phew..... damn, after more than 15 hours of grinding CP at the Mah'hara caves I maxed all my Charatcers roles:

photopmv.jpg

You made a huge mistake. 15 hours to max out is an incredibly long amount of time. You are going to spend about 10 hours grinding for traps and dark matters required for the treasure hunter trophy. You want to save time by grinding for cp while killing off the enemies that drop those items.
(Although I maxed out my CP while farming for traps, which took me maybe a few hours a day across a week, getting enough dark matters only took me about two hours. What took me the longest was getting enough platinum ingots/gil to upgrade all my weapons and accessories for the Treasure Hunter trophy).
Just got my platinum this past week. It was very anti climactic, but I am happy I did it before XIII-2. :) All caught up on the story.

Chris R

Lightning/Vanille/Fang was my turtle farming team. Super easy to get a kill method down, then you just run, touch the door (DON'T ENTER IT!) and run back. Process is just a little tedious. Calculate ahead of time how much money for upgrades/trapz you need so you have a firm goal to aim for.

The worst trophy for me was the BS missions and having to travel all over the place. Not hard, just time consuming in a bad way.

This game is like a gold digger. Looks great, wears expensive clothes (FF), "plays" well (if you know what I mean :D), but has a goddam awful personality and suffers from stupidity.

Tizoc

rhfb said:
Lightning/Vanille/Fang was my turtle farming team. Super easy to get a kill method down, then you just run, touch the door (DON'T ENTER IT!) and run back. Process is just a little tedious. Calculate ahead of time how much money for upgrades/trapz you need so you have a firm goal to aim for.

The worst trophy for me was the BS missions and having to travel all over the place. Not hard, just time consuming in a bad way.
? The missions trophy wasn't that BS IMO and the travel all over the place was plain easy. I got it without even knowing it even existed =V

Jeels

You can teleport to just about every major location. Finishing all the missions is not difficult at all sans one or two, especially post-game.

Dynedom

Treasure Hunter was the worst trophy. Once you've got a good set of armor and every best weapon for your team, sell off what you don't need. I was stupid in not doing this and added unnecessary hours to my game.

Chris R

Tizoc said:
? The missions trophy wasn't that BS IMO and the travel all over the place was plain easy. I got it without even knowing it even existed =V
It wasn't hard, it was just painful for me after grinding everything else out. The mission trophy was the last thing I got. Had I done that stuff BEFORE grinding out all my turtle kills I might feel differently about it :p

jaxword

I asked this in the other thread, but I think I should ask here too, so may I please ask a favor?

I need a screenshot of Snow going "All right! Roly poly!" in the underground when looking at Atomos.

I can't get one myself, but maybe some people here have the resources to do that?

pleunv

Finally finished it today after not having touched it for 16 months, was pretty hard picking everything up again halfway chapter 12. Oh, and I hate Orphan. So much. Instant KO'd Lightning 6 times in a row sub 30% (even with crowns). Bullshit random instakill abilities. Still worth it though, ready for XIII-2!

Dark Schala said:
Target time also depends on what you have equipped too.

I think Target Time is...
Target Time = [(Enemy Strength) / (Party Members' Strength)] + 8

Enemy Strength and Party Strength have their own calculations, but we're playing a game, not sitting in an algebra class. Gold Watch multiplies the Target Time by 1.1... hence why you didn't get that much of an increase.

So Target Time' = (Gold Watch)*([[(Enemy Strength) / (Party Strength)] + 8])

Do you have stat enhancers or maxed equipment on? I know your Crystarium is maxed, and that also lowers your target time, iirc. Reduce the amount of stat enhancers equipped (which decrease your target time by 7%, I think... and make sure they're not leveled too much), try to limit the amount of maxed equipment you have on, and try to finish battles faster and more efficiently (quick fingers and keep your finger close to the Optima Shift button). Keep the Catalogues equipped. You need those.

Equip Sprint Shoes on each of your members so you don't have to cast Haste at the beginning of battle. Morale Talisman is good if you don't want to cast Brave or enhance your attack. Blessed Talisman if you don't want to cast Faith or enhance your magic. Um... Aurora Scarves (upgraded from Whistlewind scarves) give you a full ATB gauge at the beginning of battle.

If you're working on Staggering an enemy and you have Rav/Rav/Rav, make sure you're casting Thunder. Thunder is the fastest spell you can cast in the game. Don't bother with the other spells because they'll take up too much time casting.

If you have a character who is there for support only, do not bother increasing their attack stats. You will only decrease your target time by doing so.

Do not use Tier-3 weapons when you're working on ratings for missions. Ever. You pay twofold when you use those. The extra Strength/Magic added by the Tier-3 weapon will always reduce the Target time. If it makes you feel better, I 5-starred all the missions using Tier-1 weapons alone. I did not start heavily upgrading my equipment until after I had finished all the missions and started farming Traps and Dark Matters.

That's all you can do, really. It's kinda dumb, I know...

Are you working on the battle against the first of
Titan's Trials
against the salamander thing with spikes (Gurangatch), btw? I had to use the Sneak Smoke (er, the Shroud that turns you invisible) for that one. I didn't know that Sazh's Random Instant Chain would work on it until I had 5-starred it and had gone through
Titan's Trials
a bunch of times. If I had known RIC would work, I would not have wasted a Shroud on it. -_-
I'm trying to do almost everything you told me in this post + I've watched many guides videos for these remaining 5 missions.... yet I can't get 5 stars in them!!!!!!

unledmwp.jpg

I feel sooooooo pissed off and angry and DEPRESSED!!!!!

Just what the hell????

They are impossible :\

I watch the video guides and I do what they have done in their videos.... and yet NOTHING, NO LUCK -_-"

I'm starting to give up... but I can't, I came so far to just let all my hard work go.......

Jeels said:
You made a huge mistake. 15 hours to max out is an incredibly long amount of time. You are going to spend about 10 hours grinding for traps and dark matters required for the treasure hunter trophy. You want to save time by grinding for cp while killing off the enemies that drop those items.
(Although I maxed out my CP while farming for traps, which took me maybe a few hours a day across a week, getting enough dark matters only took me about two hours. What took me the longest was getting enough platinum ingots/gil to upgrade all my weapons and accessories for the Treasure Hunter trophy).
Just got my platinum this past week. It was very anti climactic, but I am happy I did it before XIII-2. :) All caught up on the story.

I just wanted to max my characters and get this over with.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
@ The Praiseworthy

For 64 - Equip the weakest equipment and equip the Golden Watch (if possible). Rely on buffs, heal, sentinel, and poison. Poison is an absolute must (thus Vanille is very useful here).

Even if you don't have the Golden Watch, it's ok (I 5-starred it without the Golden Watch).

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The Praiseworthy said:
I'm trying to do almost everything you told me in this post + I've watched many guides videos for these remaining 5 missions.... yet I can't get 5 stars in them!!!!!!

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/9971/unledmwp.jpg[IMG]

I feel sooooooo pissed off and angry and DEPRESSED!!!!!

Just what the hell????

They are impossible :\

I watch the video guides and I do what they have done in their videos.... and yet NOTHING, NO LUCK -_-"

I'm starting to give up... but I can't, I came so far to just let all my hard work go.......[/QUOTE]
Don't give up. You're almost finished. It's a little harder since your Crystarium's maxed, though. That'll take Target Time down a few notches.

For most of these missions, equip the Gold Watch, take off most stat enhancers if you don't need them. Most of these missions are actually pretty special in that you can't just use force to win against the enemies. Some of them need some preplanning on the player's part.

I understand these might not be structured in a good way, but I'm a little tired, lol. I hope they're straightforward.

[U]For [B]Mission 50[/B]:[/U]
Hope/Lightning/Fang. Make sure Hope's your leader so you make him do stuff you want him to do. Give Hope the weakest Tier-1 weapon you have; one that doesn't increase stats/upgrade his stats too much (Hawkeye). You can give him a Blessed Talisman if you want. Keep Sprint Shoes equipped. Don't bother giving him stat-enhancing accessories because that will decrease your Target Time. You can give him the Gold Watch if you want and free up someone else's slot for a Morale Talisman or something.

1) Syn/Rav/Sab --> Cast Enfire on Light and Fang with Hope (Humbaba is weak against Fire). Switch to 2.
2) Rav/Rav/Sab --> Attack and push up the Break Gauge. Note that the Humbaba will stand up when his HP is halfway down. When you get to ONE-THIRD (or a little past) of the HP bar down, switch to 3.
3) Rav/Com/Com --> Attack with everything you've got. As long as he is debuffed, the girls have enfire and you're just selecting Fire to fill the entire bar up, it might go well.
4) Med/Med/Sen (for emergencies; but if you're going to use this Optima, it's over. Retry.)

If he stands up and recovers his HP. It's over. Don't even bother finishing the fight because you will not get your 5-star. Retry and try to get the timing right. You must push up the Break Gauge to a reasonable amount where you're doing reasonable damage.

[u]For [B]Mission 51[/B]:[/u]
This is one of my favourite battles in the entire game, and it's one that I really love to tinker with. But it's really easy if you just want to get the five-star done.

Use Fang/Vanille/Snow for the easiest time. Save at the save point, btw.

Equip:
Fang: Pandoran Spear/Calamity Spear, Power Glove, Iron Bangle, Iron Bangle, Shaman's Mark/Sorcerer's Mark/Weirding Glyph.
Vanille: Belladonna Wand/Malboro Wand, Sorcerer's Mark/Weirding Glyph, Sorcerer's Mark/Weirding Glyph, Gold Watch, Blessed Talisman.
Snow: Feymark/Soul Blazer (he is not going to be landing a hit at all on this boss, so don't bother increasing his strength/magic). General's Belt x 2, Black Belt x2.

The two Iron Bangles will give Fang the High HP: Power Surge ability. As long as Fang's HP is high, you will have a +20% attack power. And this will be done by keeping Snow as a Sentinel throughout the battle. If Fang takes damage, switch to an Optima with a healer to get her HP back up.

Um. If you find that your battle rating isn't satisfactory, remove some of those stat enhancers (Glyphs and Gloves) from Vanille and Fang. Because your crystarium is maxed, you probably don't really need the stat enhancers too much.

Fang/Vanille/Snow:
1) Syn/Sab/Sen
2) Rav/Rav/Sen
3) Com/Rav/Sen
4) Sab/Sab/Sen
5) Com/Med/Sen
6) Sab/Med/Sen

Notice a pattern? That is because Atticus only attacks Sentinels. You don't ever have to heal because Snow has perma-Mediguard + Provoke.

You can use Hope in this battle too. I just like having a backup Saboteur for faster debuffing, and Vanille's an expert at this. It's faster this way.

1) Syn/Sab/Sen --> Have Fang cast Haste/Faithra on Vanille, Haste/Faithra on herself. You can probably pad out Snow's defense if you want to, but those buffs are going to be removed by Atticus anyway, so don't bother. If you want to have some debuffs stick on, switch to 4 (if you do this, at least stick on Deprotect). Otherwise, switch to 2.

2) Rav/Rav/Sen --> Build up the Chain Gauge. Don't try to stagger it, because you're not really going to. This is just so you can take advantage of Fang's attacks later in the battle. I'd say switch back to 1 when your buffs wear off.

[1) Syn/Sab/Sen --> Have Fang cast Haste/Faithra on Vanille, Haste/Bravera on herself. Switch to 3]

3) Com/Rav/Sen --> Attack. And don't stop because you probably have about 6-8 minutes. If your buffs run out (Fang's Bravery and Haste is a priority), switch to 1. If the debuffs run out, switch to 1 or 4 quickly to stick Deprotect on it, and then switch back to 3. If Snow's gonna die, switch to 5. Keep attacking until Atticus goes down.

4) Sab/Sab/Sen --> In case you want to debuff Atticus to lay on more damage. Deprotect. I can't remember off the top of my head if Slow works on Atticus. If it does, go for it. But Deprotect is your #1 priority.

5) Com/Med/Sen --> If you find Snow running low on fuel, but would like to keep attacking while Vanille is healing.

6) Sab/Med/Sen --> If you find Snow running low on fuel, but would like to debuff with Deprotect. this is kind of a bs Optima, though.

If you did not get 5 stars, reload from the save point, remove some of the stat enhancers, equip weaker weapons if you want to and try again. Keep the Gold Watch equipped.

[U]For [B]Mission 54[/B]:[/U]
I hated this mission, for the record. It sucked. Don't even bother with buffs. They're going to be removed anyway.

Your weapon here is going to be Sazh. Why Sazh? Because he can easily Random Instant Chain enemies, well, more than every other character since he has access to Cold Blood. Random Instant Chain (RIC) is where you instantly drive up the gauge to near Stagger or at Stagger. It's great.

Certain combinations of equipment will give your characters the Random Instant Chain passive ability. For a character to get this, equip a character with two items (two accessories/one accessory + weapon from this list:

Accessories: Survivalist Catalogue, Hunter's Friend, Speed Sash, Energy Sash,
and Champion's Badge.

Weapons: Lionheart/Ultima Weapon, Procyons, Betelgeuse Customs.

Use Sazh/Fang/Lightning.

Equip:
Sazh: Antares Deluxes/Fomalhaut Elites (used to boost the chain), Energy Sash, Energy Sash, General's Belt, Sprint Shoes
Fang: Pandoran Spear, Power Glove, Speed Sash, Survivalist Catalogue, Sprint Shoes
Lightning: Lionheart (for RIC), Power Glove, Speed Sash, Sprint Shoes, Gold Watch

Your equipment is up to you.

Oh. Buy some Painkillers at a Save Point. Buy about 20 to be on the safe side. Buy some Phoenix Downs too. The Cactuar inflicting Pain on you is going to be a nightmare of epic proportions. This battle just sucks and sometimes it isn't fair. Especially since the target time is so low and this plant hits so hard!

Sazh/Fang/Lightning:
1) Rav/Com/Com --> Have Sazh use Cold Blood. If it doesn't stagger, switch to 2. If it luckily staggers, switch to 3.

2) Rav/Com/Com (for ATB Cancel) --> Use Cold Blood again. If it doesn't stagger, retry and repeat steps 1 and 2 until it does stagger. Don't even try more than twice before retrying because the animation for Cold Blood takes up valuable killing time, and... the enemy might just kill you soon. Does it stagger now? Switch to 3.

3) Com/Com/Com --> Attack! Don't even stop because you can still die. Sazh will now act as backup attacker and support. If you need a phoenix down, quickly use it with Sazh to keep the girls alive. Don't even bother switching to 4 for that. Same with painkillers. When you or the girls are afflicted with pain, use a painkiller immediately. Just attack when needed and support the girls because they're doing the heavy hitting.

4) Med/Med/Med --> For emergency purposes only. If you're going to use this in [I]this[/I] battle, just forget it and retry. Don't even bother switching to this if you need to revive or heal. Takes up valuable time.

It took a while for me to 5-star this, but it can be done. The mark is weak vs fire, but there is no time to take advantage of that weakness at all.

[U]For [B]Mission 62[/B]:[/U]
Your arsenal here is your magic defense and Slow. Slow is your BFF.

I used Fang/Hope/Vanille. Why Fang as leader? Because she has the highest HP. If I used Hope, I'd have to deal with trying to keep his HP up as well.

I had two maxed Witch's Bracelets on everyone + Magus/maxed Rune Bracelets littering Hope and Vanille's third slots (because I was really short on money at the time).

So Equip:
Fang: Pandoran Spear/Calamity Spear, Genji Glove, Gold Watch, Witch's Bracelet x 2.
Hope: Vidofnir/Hresvelgr, Witch's Bracelet x 2, Magus Bracelet, Sorcerer's Mark/Weirding Glyph
Vanille: Belladonna Wand/Malboro Wand, Witch's Bracelet x 2, Rune Bracelet, Sorcerer's Mark/Weirding Glyph

Fang/Hope/Vanille:
1) Sab/Syn/Med --> Spam Slow with Fang. One enemy at a time. We only really need Haste and I'm guessing that Hope will cast that first. Vanille heals. When both enemies are Slowed, switch to 2.

2) Rav/Rav/Sab --> Attack only one. Use Thunder. It's the fastest spell in the game to cast. Do you need to heal anytime? Switch to 3. Are you about to Stagger the enemy and Hope didn't cast Brave on Fang? Switch to 6. Is the mark staggered? Switch to 5. Is the mark Staggered but you didn't get Deprotect stuck on it? Switch to 4.

3) Rav/Rav/Med --> If you need to heal with Vanille. If you're fully healed up, switch back to 2 when the opportunity for ATB cancel arises.

4) Com/Rav/Sab --> This is to let Vanille stick Deprotect on the mark if 2 or 5 didn't work out so well. Switch to 5.

5) Com/Rav/Rav --> Now then, before you attack, I have to caution you about something. The enemy will go out of its darn way to hit you with Dispelga. If you get hit by Dispelga, you can try to finish the enemy in one stagger round.

If you get hit by Dispelga: Switch to 6 and let Fang cast Haste + Bravera on herself only. Switch back to 4 to get Vanille to stick Deprotect on the enemy again. Switch back to 5, and attack. Before the Stagger Gauge depletes, use a Highwind. It might finish it off. If it doesn't, go back to 1 and repeat the process all over again.

If you do not get hit by Dispelga: Lucky you! Kill the enemy in one stagger. Before the Stagger Gauge depletes, use a Highwind. It might finish it off. If it doesn't, go back to 1 and repeat the process all over again to stagger this one.

If the first enemy dies, repeat the same process for the second one. You'll have an easier time because you are only dealing with one now. Switch to 1 --> 2 --> 5.

6) Syn/Med/Rav --> This is if Fang stuck Slow on both enemies before Hope cast Brave on her in Optima 1. Quickly cast Bravera on Fang and then switch back to 2 to stagger.

[U]For [B]Mission 64[/B]:[/U]
Do what ULTROS! said for the easiest time with this mission.

I used Vanille/Fang/Snow because they all have Mediguard. Equip everyone with their weakest Tier-1/2 weapon. This is mainly an endurance battle, not a real battle.

Equip:
Vanille: Belladonna Wand/Malboro Wand (you are going to need this to stick poison on him), Sorcerer Mark/Weirding Glyph, Witch's Bracelet, Witch's Bracelet, General's Belt
Fang: Shamanic Spear (if you really want to be safe for Target Time, equip this one; if you want Fang to have a little punch, equip the Partisan), Witch's Bracelet, Witch's Bracelet, Black Belt, Black Belt/General's Belt
Snow: Feymark (Snow isn't going to be the hero today), Witch's Bracelet, Witch's Bracelet, Gold Watch, General's Belt/Black Belt

Vanille/Fang/Snow:
1) Sab/Sab/Sab --> With Vanille, cast Poison 5 times (in the same round, so cover that ATB gauge in Poison spells). If none of them stick, switch to 2. Did it stick? Switch to 3.
2) Sab/Med/Med --> Did Poison Stick? If it didn't keep casting it until it does. Switch to 3 when it finally does, go to 3.
3) Sen/Sen/Sen --> Use Mediguard until the enemy goes into its hibernation. When it does, switch to 4. If you never got poison to stick in the first round, don't worry about it. But I would personally retry if that happened.
4) Med/Syn/Med --> Heal while Fang casts Haste. Switch back to 1 when the enemy comes out of hibernation.

[1) Sab/Sab/Sab --> Poison it. Switch to 2 if Poison doesn't stick.]
[2) Follow instructions for previous #2]

5) Med/Com/Med --> In case you want to deal some extra damage to the enemy while the others heal rather than stay in Sen/Sen/Sen all the time. You can use this when Vanille is finished sticking on Poison, and when the boss is in its hibernation phase (to offset the damage that the enemy restores). Do not do this when the boss starts to use Wicked Whirl. Let Poison do the fighting for you at that time.
6) Med/Med/Med --> In case you really need healing if you didn't get into Sen/Sen/Sen quickly enough for Wicked Whirl, and are desperate for healing, but 2 is the best Optima, really.

Basically, what you want to do is watch out for this guy's attacks. When he's out of hibernation, go to stick poison on him quickly and then switch to Sen/Sen/Sen immediately after.

The boss starts using Wicked Whirl when it grows its third pair of wings, so be careful here. I think it's at about 9 million HP (8.5? 9 million, just to be safe) when he starts using that.

If he's going to use Wicked Whirl, switch to Sen/Sen/Sen [I]immediately[/i], even if you are trying to poison it. The worst thing about Wicked Whirl is that it ignores defence. So no matter what DEF+ accessories you have equipped, it doesn't matter! So it's always best to go into Sen/Sen/Sen when that happens. If you did not get Poison to stick when he uses Wicked Whirl go into 2 and try to get the poison to stick.

Basically, Poison is your priority. Get that to stick, first and foremost. After that, the battle is just a test of endurance. Keep that Gold Watch equipped.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you're having more difficulty and I'll try to think of more strategies. I barely used Lightning at all, but I expect her speed and HP are incredible assets to battle.

Dark Schala said:
Don't give up. You're almost finished. It's a little harder since your Crystarium's maxed, though. That'll take Target Time down a few notches.

....... YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!

Finished all the remaining missions with 5 stars :D

Thank you so very much for your time and help.... you are truly amazing for taking your time and write for me all these tips.... THANK YOU X 1.000.000 :D

Now only two trophies left.... the Treasure Hunter and to defeat Long Gui.

I'm Using Fang and Lighting and Hope and I always get till the Long Gui have less than 7M HP.... but that bastard spam strong attacks without giving me the time to heal and he ends up killing me :\

I've been fighting him for hours and I always get Rawr then Ultimate so fast and the next thing I know I'm dead :\

My Paradigms are:

Paradigm 1 : Ravager/Ravager/Ravager
Paradigm 2 : Commando/Commando/Commando
Paradigm 3 : Saboteur/Saboteur/Saboteur
Paradigm 4 : Synergist/Synergist/Synergist
Paradigm 5 : Medic/Medic/Medic
Paradigm 6 : Sentinel/Sentinel/Sentinel

So... how can I kick this idiot beast @$$ ?

xion4360

switch to Tortoise whenever he does anything.. if your quick with your fingers that shouldnt be a problem. When he Roars, stay in Tortoise as he usually does Ultima right after. You shouldnt die. Then do all med and keep going

buff yourself, debuff his legs one by one and take em out. when he falls, inflict poison deshell and deprotect and whatever else...but make sure he has poison.. stagger him all the way and then do as much with COM. when he gets back up you can do that over again, or summon to get him back down. get rid of the summon by going straight to the finisher and take it from there.

I do this with Light Fang and Vanille.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
gray_fox224 said:
At what chapter can you actually starting grinding to acquire CP?
I'm not sure what you're asking; I apologize if this isn't the answer you seek... You can grind for CP for any chapter after you become l'Cie up to the level cap for that chapter/area before the boss. You can find a save point, fight some monsters, go back to the save point and save, then reload. Or you can just enter the area, fight the monsters, exit, then reenter the area.

Are you asking for when the game actually opens up? Chapter 11 is the chapter where it opens up and you can do missions and get more CP to fill the Crystarium. But even then, you're still under a level cap.

Are you asking when the level caps are finally removed? The final level cap is removed after you beat the final boss. After that you can finish Crystarium Level 10 in postgame.

The Praiseworthy said:
I found the easiest way to defeat Long Gui.... I just tried it and I was so close to defeat it but I was in such a hurry because I have to go out now so I died.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK_Iz...eature=related

I never toughed of using Elixir.... lol !
No problem, btw! :D

Huh, I never tried Poison before. That's a pretty good idea, actually. The strategy is pretty similar to what I did the first time: Shrouds + Summon + Debuff + Elixir. It takes a while, but at least it'll nail you the trophy. You can also try to use Vanille as your party leader to poison and debuff it immediately while your summon is still there. Whenever the Gui attacks, uses Quake, and uses Ultima, always switch to Sen/Sen/Sen. Use maxed Gaian Rings as well to be on the safe side. And you can probably use those Witch's Bracelets and General's Belts/Black Belts as well.

But if you're going to get Dark Matters for materials for weapons/accessories for the Treasure Hunter trophy without purchasing them, you can't really rely on that Elixir strategy all the time unless you have a ton of Elixirs (DO NOT dismantle your Doctor's Codes!)

Dark Schala said:
But if you're going to get Dark Matters for materials for weapons/accessories for the Treasure Hunter trophy without purchasing them, you can't really rely on that Elixir strategy all the time unless you have a ton of Elixirs (DO NOT dismantle your Doctor's Codes!)

Well I got all the Trophies now..... and it's time for Treasure Hunter, to be honest I'm freaked out because it seems like 20+ hours of work :\

I'm planing to use Fang \ Lighting \ Hope as my farming party..... would it be Ok or do I have to change some party members for better and faster farming?

KyteTron

Banned
The Praiseworthy said:
Well I got all the Trophies now..... and it's time for Treasure Hunter, to be honest I'm freaked out because it seems like 20+ hours of work :\

I really wished they included some sort of checklist for that...

kyubajin

I finally got this game, platinum unfortunately but what the hell. I'm really tempted to read all the spoilers but will hold off myself.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The Praiseworthy said:

I'm planing to use Fang \ Lighting \ Hope as my farming party..... would it be Ok or do I have to change some party members for better and faster farming?
Ahahaha, you've started the final boring part of the game, I see. Bear in mind that you only need one of each accessory and one of each ultimate weapon (like, all of the weapons in your inventory can be upgraded to the same Tier-3 weapon (ex: Lionheart/Ultima Weapon/Omega Weapon and Blazefire Sabre/Flamberge/Omega Weapon; you only need to upgrade one weapon to the Tier-3, NOT upgrade them all to Tier-3. You'd go crazy at that rate!)).

Depends on what you want to farm. Keep both the Collector's Catalogue and the Connoisseur's Catalogue equipped. If you want, you can keep the Gold Watch equipped to raise Target Time for 5-star ratings.

Want Traps + Platinum Ingots (to buy Adamantites, multiplier ingredients (36 Sturdy Bones, Barbed Tails, or Vibrant Oozes) and Superconductors/Perfect Conductor/Particle Accelerators/Ultracompact Reactors)? Stick with the party that you feel the most comfortable with to take down Adamantoises quickly. I posted who I used here. One of my friends used the same party you want to, and they did fine. But I prefer using Fang/Light/Vanille or Fang/Snow/Vanille because it's just faster and it takes much less time. Debuffing is your best friend here.

There is one Adamantoise lurking around the Steppe close to the Mah'habara place, so you can use that one, and then save/reload if you don't get what you want/if you want to reset the area for another one. It's easier to do this in
Eden
now that the Steppe has mostly Guis, imo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want Dark Matters + Gold Nuggets (to buy stuff)? You're going to have to fight the Shaolong Guis (the ones whose legs you don't have to take kill; there's one who is guarding a treasure chest that's close to the Behemoth and Mah'habara, for example. Those ones. Not the ones walking around the Steppe.). You'll need a minimum of 5 Dark Matters (6 if you don't have an Imperial Armlet). One of my friends who used Light/Fang/Hope ended up buying their Dark Matters. I wouldn't advise this because Dark Matters cost a lot of money, and sometimes it's hard to get Ingots. I lost my patience with the Adamantoise drop rate and ended up fighting the harder Guis for money instead. I'd recommend doing this last, though.

Hope is a bad idea for this, imo. One of my friends did this with Hope, but he abused shrouds repeatedly.

I fished up my older tactics from an email to a friend, so let’s see... This is from when I started trying to kill Guis for the first time. It takes a while, but it can be done.

Tactics 1: I revised this somewhat to add an ATB Cancelling tactic.
Fang/Vanille/Snow
Syn/Sab/Syn (buffing/debuffing; add all the buffs you can)
Sen/Sen/Sen (essential for the first round of Quake. Switch to it when he stomps or casts Ultima)
Rav/Rav/Sab (drive up the break gauge)
Com/Rav/Sab (as long as you match up your timing with Snow's Daze attacks, you can finish one attack round with the Gui dazed and not attacking you)
Com/Rav/Sab (this is set up twice for ATB cancelling)
Med/Med/Med (precaution; if it's dazed, switch to this immediately to get health back up)

Equip:
Fang: Calamity Spear, Power Glove (maxed), Gaian Ring (maxed), Genji Glove, Power Glove (maxed)
Vanille: Malboro Wand (maxed), Gaian Ring (maxed), General’s Belt, Gold Watch, Weirding Glyph
Snow: Feymark/Soul Blazer, Gaian Ring (maxed), Connoisseur’s Catalogue, Collector’s Catalogue, General’s Belt

Tactics 2: Note that this is probably one of the slower methods, especially since Snow does not hit as hard as Lightning.
And I believe I just added this because I was still experimenting on a proper “take them down quickly” technique while trying to find a way not to die.
Sazh/Fang/Snow
Syn/Syn/Sab --> Buff, Enfire Fang, get all protective buffs + haste on.
Sen/Sen/Sen --> Switch to Sen/Sen/Sen whenever it uses Quake, Ultima, Stomp, Roar. Just do it.
Rav/Rav/Sab --> Use Thunder and Cold Blood
Sab/Com/Com --> Use Daze. Sazh is great because his casting speed is slower. As long as you finish the round with Daze in place, the Gui will not attack you between rounds.
Rav/Com/Sab --> if you want to attack and drive up the gauge with Thunder and Cold Blood
Med/Med/Med --> if the enemy is Dazed and you need to heal, use this.

Equip:
Sazh: Antares Deluxes/Fomalhaut Elites, Gaian Ring (maxed), General’s Belt, Gold Watch,
Fang: Pandoran Spear/Calamity Spear, Genji Glove, Gaian Ring (maxed) Power Glove (maxed),
Snow: Paladin/Winged Saint, Gaian Ring (maxed), Connoisseur’s Catalogue, Collector’s Catalogue, General’s Belt

Tactics 3: When I finally became comfortable killing the Guis, I decided to swap in Lightning for a faster kill. This is the best method.
Lightning/Fang/Sazh, I used...
Syn/Sab/Syn (Lightning to cast an En-spell on herself and Fang; this has a purpose if you get Imperil on it)
Sen/Sen/Sen (obvious)
Rav/Rav/Sab (drive up the stagger gauge and stagger it; time your attacks to Sazh's Daze spamming; use -Strike attacks, then Army of One when it's staggered and drive up the gauge to at least 850% or all the way to 999% if you want)
Com/Com/Sab (when the stagger gauge is about 850% or 999%, switch to this and attack; time your attacks to Sazh's Daze spamming)
Com/Com/Sab (ATB cancel)
Med/Med/Med (when it’s dazed, switch to this when you need to heal)

Equip:
Lightning: Lionheart/Ultima Weapon, Genji Glove, Power Glove x 2, Gaian Ring
Fang: Pandoran Spear/Calamity Spear, Genji Glove, Power Glove, Gaian Ring, Gold Watch
Sazh: Antares Deluxes/Fomalhaut Elites, Connoisseur Catalogue, Collector’s Catalogue, Gaian Ring, General’s Belt

Better to use maxed tier-2 weapons for this one in order to down them quickly. Using Tier-3 weapons might break your timing unless everyone in your party has Tier-3 weapons.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need Scarletites? Stick with the party you like the most to fight Sacrifices in
Orphan's Cradle
. I used Fang/Vanille/Light. You can sell the Perfumes for 12K, and use the Scarletites they drop for catalysts. Grinding for Perfumes, at this stage in the game, is not a good idea because since you beat the game, you cannot easily respawn the Sacrifices unless you Save + Load. This can get boring fast, and it takes time. You can also use the Sacrifices in
Eden
. To respawn those, you can just run as far as the teleporter and then run back. This will return quite a sum of money (300-450K if you want to).

Fang/Vanille/Light:
Sab/Sab/Rav --> Debuff if you are in
Orphan's Cradle
Com/Sab/Rav --> Vanille can continue debuffing if she needs to, but let Fang attack with Ruin. (You can also just start the battle with this Optima, actually, if you are in
Eden (the area before Orphan's Cradle)
)
Com/Rav/Rav --> When Vanille is finished debuffing, you can attack with Ruin. When they're staggered, hit them with physical attacks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In fact, the Mission 24 method in Taejin's Tower for Moonblossom Seeds (sell for 6000) is not the best Gil Farming alternative anymore. Don't bother with this one again unless you are desperate. At the most, you can make about 400-500K gil per hour if you keep your battle times short and run back and forth to the statue that gives you the mission. It's a solid method to get money because you will always get a drop for money, but it does get boring.

This is what I did:
Fang/Vanille/Snow:
Com/Rav/Com

You can also use Hope/Fang/Light or any variation of those characters:
Rav/Com/Rav or Rav/Com/Com. Up to you.

Every time you go out on the Steppe, get a Chocobo and dig stuff up. You will most likely find stuff that you can either sell, or use as catalysts (Millerite, Cobaltite, Rhodochrosite). If you don't need the catalysts anymore, sell them. Hold onto the Chocobo Plumes and Chocobo Tail Feathers, though. They're good multiplier ingredients.

You will unfortunately have to buy Adamantites from the store. They will cost 220K. You need four, I think.

I'd say work on most of the accessories first (the ones that don't need Dark Matters), and then the weapons. I ended up saving and making a separate save, selling my inventory when I needed to do my final weapon for the cash in that separate save and then upgrading that weapon. Money is a huge issue in this game.

Good luck. I almost quit several times when pursuing this trophy. I do have a list of what items I used, how many items I used, how much it cost and what catalysts I used for upgrading somewhere.

All I know is that I want to find that person who decided that farming from Adamantoises was a good idea and give him a piece of my mind. UGH.

Dark Schala come to save the day.... as always :p

Thanks for the tips... I will try each one of them tomorrow to see which party are the most effected one for me and stick with it.

I hope it won't really take 20+ hours for me to finish up this trophy................................. will it?

I will let you know what happens with me as soon as I do my next step.

good luck to me.... and a p.s for my future self, if you were reading this post and you already got the platinum, be really really grateful because the current you is freaking out a big time ;_;

your playtime now is 98 hours...... let's hope you get this trophy before your clock hit the 120 hours of play time :-(

arrrrggggghhhhhhh..... stupid stupid trophy >_<

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
For the record, I took 141 hours to get the trophy in the English version. But this is because I was trying to experiment with different fighting methods, doing the math in order to see how many of what component would be useful for upgrading weapons and accessories, trying to see if certain enemies were tougher or less tougher than what I experienced in the Japanese version, I left the game idling sometimes, and I took lots of time to move the camera around.

Oh, and getting money in this game kind of sucked because the economy is so broken. That took the most time. The best idea is to choose the best weapons for characters you want to use, and then choose the cheaper weapons for the characters you don’t want to use.

You don’t need to max the Tier-3 weapons. Once you get to a Tier-2 weapon and you don’t need to max it to get to the Tier-3 weapon, just leave it alone, unless you're using either Vanille and/or Fang's weapons to get Traps for other people's weapons. It’ll cost less money for you.

I ended up making two save files, taking the second save file, selling all of my weapons and items I didn’t need once I checked them off in my FFXIII item/weapon checklist and dismantling Fang and Vanille’s ultimate weapons (once they reached level 100) to get the Traps I needed to upgrade everyone else’s weapons + getting money to upgrade other stuff once I did the math to see if selling off my inventory and finally dismantling the weapons would give me enough money to do it in one go.

The biggest problem with the weapon system is that there are many variables hidden from the player. Stuff like Bonus Points for multipliers, whether synthetic components would provide bonus points or not, whether natural components would usually provide Bonus Points... a lot of the math is hidden from the player, so you have to try to do the math yourself (or read a FAQ) to see how many components would be acceptable to upgrade in order to decrease the cost of materials (and money is already hard to get in this game).

The Praiseworthy said:
good luck to me.... and a p.s for my future self, if you were reading this post and you already got the platinum, be really really grateful because the current you is freaking out a big time ;_;

your playtime now is 98 hours...... let's hope you get this trophy before your clock hit the 120 hours of play time :-(

arrrrggggghhhhhhh..... stupid stupid trophy >_<

My past self.... I'VE DONE IT!! I HAVE BECOME THE ULTIMATE HERO!!!!!!!!

OMG.... OMG OMG OMG, this was the most painful trophy I've ever worked so hard for, and I've got Demon's Souls Platinum.

I can't believe it... I was sooooo giving up on this platinum, but nothing is impossible for me... heroes never lose!!!!

Grinding for hours and hours and long hours.... and farming for hours and hours and long hours.... and I feel EXTREMELY BORING and SLEEPY and HUNGRY and ANGRY.... but I pushed myself... and oh boy did I push myself so hard!!!!

I'm just so happy and I have no idea what I'm typing because it's almost 9 am in the morning and I've been playing non stop since yesterday.... wow I'm so drunk from playing this game!!!! dear god!!!!

anyway.... my sweet new Number 18th Platinum and my static when I got it ( see the time I made it ever more special :D ) :

ffxiiiplat.jpg

eh... yeah.... well done, well done..... now....... of to bed ...... ZzZzZzZzZzZz.......

oh.... one more thing:
laika09 said:

YOU SCARED ME SO MUCH!!!

it wasn't even 25% of the time..... this post made me think of it the whole time I was farming and it made me really depressed :|

You mean mean poster :-(

Top Bottom