• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

999 Designers Working On 3DS & Vita Visual Novel Adventure [Screens]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSR

Akselziys said:
AHHHHHHH! MY BODY IS SO READY!

I can't wait for Famitsu to update its site
tomorrow morning hopefully <3

I also need a trailer *_*

I must congratulate you on the speed of your new avatar acquisition.

By the way, you realize that your company absolutely must localize this. Please understand this is no longer a "man, it would be cool if". This is a natural law. Any other company localizing it would be a travesty. And if it were to remain untranslated? A rape of the natural order.

cosmicblizzard said:
It's not like 999 was their first game. They've done plenty of stuff. Just hasn't been translated.

Ain't this the truth, if you guys are considering importing this, there are a ton of games you can import NOW made by the same people(many of which are considered better stories) that for some reason don't get any recognition.

We can go even further into the graphic novel scene and your options become certainly more then you time for

Erigu

Akselziys said:
Sorry, just had to change my avatar in celebration of the awesomeness <3 <3
SO fucking awesome. Im in love with her design, I'd do anything to see a figure of her get made. Kinu Nishimura is hands down the best artist in the business imo. She really needs to put out an artbook soon.

Erigu

FINALFANTASYDOG said:
if you guys are considering importing this, there are a ton of games you can import NOW made by the same people(many of which are considered better stories) that for some reason don't get any recognition.
The Kamaitachi no Yoru series!
And hell, Machi and 428...

It seems kind of like the chances of this game getting localized would be lower due to the voice acting, right? I mean, the required budget for a decent translation just increased. I hope 999 did well enough to convince them otherwise.

FINALFANTASYDOG said:
Ain't this the truth, if you guys are considering importing this, there are a ton of games you can import NOW made by the same people(many of which are considered better stories) that for some reason don't get any recognition.

We can go even further into the graphic novel scene and your options become certainly more then you time for

They don't get any recognition because they haven't been translated into English.

timetokill said:
It seems kind of like the chances of this game getting localized would be lower due to the voice acting, right? I mean, the required budget for a decent translation just increased. I hope 999 did well enough to convince them otherwise.

Aksys isn't doing English voices for Fate/Extra or Hakuoki; I'm sure they could do subs only for this as well.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Erigu said:
The Kamaitachi no Yoru series!
And hell, Machi and 428...
Is 428 as good as everyone I know who've played it says it is, out of curiosity? I've played Machi and I heard that 428 draws from it somewhat.

Sky Chief

timetokill said:

Subtitles is all I need

hosannainexcelsis said:
They don't get any recognition because they haven't been translated into English.

This game hasn't been translated into English either, yet people seem hyped to import it(don't blame them, I'm hyped too!, but i've also got a ton of other adventure games i'll be playing this winter(including ever 17 remake)).

It took me awhile to pick up 999, and then even longer to finally play it, but once I did I was instantly hooked. And this being a visual novel sounds great as the story was the thing that kept me playing. Please let this be localized!

Erigu

Dark Schala said:
Is 428 as good as everyone I know who've played it says it is, out of curiosity? I've played Machi and I heard that 428 draws from it somewhat.
I've seen a bunch of people (not necessarily "most", mind you) actually prefer it to Machi, which is fairly surprising, considering the cult status of that one.
But my best memories of the game are from the extra scenario penned by Kamaitachi no Yoru's Abiko Takemaru...

Sky Chief said:
Subtitles is all I need
Exactly.

Key2001

timetokill said:

If this is the case, perhaps they could keep the Japanese dubs and use English subtitles. I don't get why more publishers/developers don't do this, if the cost of English voice actors is the reason behind the game not being localized.

Perhaps the option of a digital release only will increase the chances of it being localized.

FINALFANTASYDOG said:
This game hasn't been translated into English either, yet people seem hyped to import it(don't blame them, I'm hyped too!, but i've also got a ton of other adventure games i'll be playing this winter(including ever 17 remake)).

People are hyped because the previous game by these people was translated. If Kamaitachi no Yoru had been translated, I'm sure people would be hyped for that as well.

Sky Chief

Key2001 said:
If this is the case, perhaps they could keep the Japanese dubs and use English subtitles. I don't get why more publishers/developers don't do this, if the cost of English voice actors is the reason behind the game not being localized.

Perhaps the option of a digital release only will increase the chances of it being localized.

I hope that Sony makes it easy and cheap for Japanese devs to add subtitles to their games and put them on PSN.

Erigu

hosannainexcelsis said:
People are hyped because the previous game by these people was translated. If Kamaitachi no Yoru had been translated, I'm sure people would be hyped for that as well.
Yep, Japan definitely is more hyped about the new Kamaitachi no Yoru, right now...

Key2001 said:

Because by only including subs, you are going to limit your audience who would prefer to hear dubs or at the very least NOT here Japanese voices. Sure, they can turn the volume down on the voices (we can hope) but either way not having a dubbed version causes a non-negligible amount of people to pass on the game.

And some publishers are short-sighted enough to think that if a product isn't dubbed in the native tongue, it's not worth publishing in the territory.

Oh hey, British dub of Xenoblade!

Phenomic said:
I just must be blind but I see nothing.

There's like, three Aksys twitters. The one you're looking for is the one that says Aksys employees.

I saw the 9 on the door in the scans, but I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a screen of the new game, or if that's a call back to the old game.

And is that
Alice or Lotus
I see in there? And a grownup Clover too?

Phenomic

PigSpeakers said:
There's like, three Aksys twitters. The one you're looking for is the one that says Aksys employees.

And that's why! Thanks for the heads up. I was on the Games twitter looking at nothing and was super confused.

And oh my sweet lord yes dem scans. Day One Obligatory. Literally without 999 I wouldn't believe it was worth owning a DS. Well, other than Castlevania.

Also, think I'm going to go out on a limb and make a guess that the girl in the 2nd picture is the this games main character similar to the role of Junpei.

Key2001

timetokill said:
Because by only including subs, you are going to limit your audience who would prefer to hear dubs or at the very least NOT here Japanese voices. Sure, they can turn the volume down on the voices (we can hope) but either way not having a dubbed version causes a non-negligible amount of people to pass on the game.

And some publishers are short-sighted enough to think that if a product isn't dubbed in the native tongue, it's not worth publishing in the territory.

Oh hey, British dub of Xenoblade!

We are talking about niche games that wouldn't otherwise likely be released outside of Japan. The fans that buys these type of games would likely even prefer the original Japanese dubs.

They are not the type of games that you can really expand on by including English dubs or the language of that specific region.

Phenomic said:
And that's why! Thanks for the heads up. I was on the Games twitter looking at nothing and was super confused.

And oh my sweet lord yes dem scans. Day One Obligatory. Literally without 999 I wouldn't believe it was worth owning a DS. Well, other than Castlevania.

I was confused at first too.

I'm thinking if this is a sequel, Girl-Santa could be June. I don't want to go too far down that rabbit hole of speculations though.

Sky Chief

PigSpeakers said:

I saw the 9 on the door in the scans, but I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a screen of the new game, or if that's a call back to the old game.

And is that
Alice or Lotus
I see in there? And a grownup Clover too?

WTF why can I not access this on my iPad? I keep getting redirected to the main Aksys Games twitter.

Branduil

7Th said:
I hope Omigawa plays the character that dies first.
I hope she's the main character and she outlives everyone. And she narrates the game.

slopeslider said:
Chiaki Omigawa
207.jpg

Rie Kugimiya
126.jpg
Good man.

hosannainexcelsis said:

Ever 17 was originally by these guys, the remake is suppose to be coming out this year(anyway I'll stop putting the topic off the rails) and enjoy the hype for this game!

Korigama

PigSpeakers said:
I was confused at first too.

I'm thinking if this is a sequel, Girl-Santa could be June. I don't want to go too far down that rabbit hole of speculations though.

That would still leave the issue of the redhead on the left end, though (who already brings June to mind).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom