• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT| So the industry might be mended

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is pacing very quickly.

I cant believe I will actually be playing this tomorrow at this time. I cannot contain my excitement. I am going to go for a run.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Getting tired... but can't... leave... thread...

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Agh, stupid fuck at Gamestop told me over the phone they had the CE, I go there, then she tells me she actually doesn't and other cashier says they don't carry extras and a CE pre-order cutoff was 2 weeks ago . Waste of fucking time and gas.

BannedEpisode said:
Mine is still estimated for tomorrow but not yet shipped.

Should I cancel and go buy it tonight at midnight?

Up to you, I'm in the same boat, but this has happened to me before with Amazon and it still got here on time. I think it partially depends on the time zone you're in. If you're west coast, I wouldn't start to worry for another 2 hours or so.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
DeadFalling said:
Question: If I haven't preordered, can I still go to a Gamestop that's near me and is holding a midnight release and get it?
You should call them...no one here will be able to answer for your particular store.

Cutwolf

I've had the product reach my door before the shipped notification on several release date delivery occasions.

Relax, breathe.

Cetra

DeadFalling said:
Question: If I haven't preordered, can I still go to a Gamestop that's near me and is holding a midnight release and get it?

I was able to with Dead Space 2, so I don't see why not.

Zeliard

DeadFalling said:

Almost certainly. You should call them up just to make sure. Expect them to give you some bullshit like "well next time you better pre-order or we can't guarantee you a copy!!@!"

Zeth

I'm checking out til tomorrow. Hopefully the CE madness and OMG shipping soon discussion will have died down, lol.

Umbasa y'all!

Zertez

I preorder back in May through Amazon and have release date delivery. I got the shipped email at 5:04pm with a delivery date of October 4th.

fionel

Was playing in
blight town
and the framerate was constantly at around 10 fps - atrocious. However I dont know what I did or didnt and the framerate suddenly popped back at 30 consistently in the same area. This leads me to think that the frame drops are either caused by bugs or that b/c the cpu was overloaded handling some behind the scene online communications. Maybe I will try playing offline tonight and see how it goes.

bhytre

fionel said:
Was playing in
blight town
and the framerate was constantly at around 10 fps - atrocious. However I dont know what I did or didnt and the framerate suddenly popped back at 30 consistently in the same area. This leads me to think that the frame drops are either caused by bugs or that b/c the cpu was overloaded handling some behind the scene online communications. Maybe I will try playing offline tonight and see how it goes.
I remember there was a part like this in Demon's Souls, 2-2 I think near those giant bugs. Don't know what triggered it but it was also constant until you'd completely restart.

knitoe said:
Damn, should have kept my Amazon CE pre-order way back. Instead, I went with Newegg since it was cheaper. Now, Newegg sent me an email stating the order has been cancel since they only have the standard edition and gave me a $20 video game credit which doesn't currently seem to work. I'll probably have search for it locally tomorrow.
I'm probably just going to have to wait it out, until that code becomes usable, I don't want to buy anything from them again so might as well use the 20 bucks (actually ten because I used a promo code) for Dark Souls. :((((((((

EasyMode

bhytre said:
I remember there was a part like this in Demon's Souls, 2-2 I think near those giant bugs. Don't know what triggered it but it was also constant until you'd completely restart.
I remember that too. I think It was a physics issue -- there were so many breakable objects in the area, and the slowdown seemed to get worse as more were broken.

fionel

bhytre said:

well I have only been playing in that area online so far and also have restarted several times already, and 10-15fps seems to be the norm, so the sudden burst of fps actually seems odd, but also proves that the low fps is not caused by system limits.

fionel

EasyMode said:
I remember that too. I think It was a physics issue -- there were so many breakable objects in the area, and the slowdown seemed to get worse as more were broken.

Ah, that could be it. This stage is HUGE and there are mobs everywhere. They could be breaking stuff where I can't see it and causing the frame drops... but wait, they wouldnt be breaking stuff constantly since the frame drops are consistent?

*Dances* Just found a way to basically remove the linear style of the first part of the game and run everything basically backwards as soon as you leave the tutorial. You can also gain access to a sword that is almost as strong as the
drake sword
plus a shield to go with it with very little enemy confrontation. And you can also access the blacksmith in less than 20 minutes of play and
unlock the elevator to firelink shrine
just as early. You can also have an
estus flask +2
in that same amount of time. Oh and you can also pull about 20K souls in about an hour or two of playing equaling about 17-20 levels from what you start as. :)

Alex

Sometimes it takes awhile from Amazon for them to update it on release date delivery, like I'll have a shipping notice from the AMs. Probably because they're breaking their neck just to get it out in time.

Hopefully no issues otherwise! I've only had good experiences with it thus far, I always got my games about 10:30 AM on release date.

EasyMode

fionel said:
Ah, that could be it. This stage is HUGE and there are mobs everywhere. They could be breaking stuff where I can't see it and causing the frame drops... but wait, they wouldnt be breaking stuff constantly since the frame drops are consistent?
No idea. I won't get my hands on Dark Souls until tomorrow.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
ehh
darksoulsoxgz.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
omfg... where is that from?

PhatSaqs

Banned
The only thing I hate about the release day Amazon delivery is the fact that my UPS dude doesnt come until the afternoon. Fuckin sucks waiting...

soloscout said:
You ordered through Amazon, right? Did you pick release day shipping??

Yes and yes. The delivery estimate still says tomorrow, but no matter how much people reassure me that it can be slow, it still really bugs me.

Mortrialus said:
Yes and yes. The delivery estimate still says tomorrow, but no matter how much people reassure me that it can be slow, it still really bugs me.
don't worry. it's like the people telling RPGCrazied his xenoblade copy is coming lulz.

Zertez

PhatSaqs said:
The only thing I hate about the release day Amazon delivery is the fact that my UPS dude doesnt come until the afternoon. Fuckin sucks waiting...
That normally happens to me as well. I start to worry the guy isnt going to show and he ends up dropping the package off at 6pm.

Yoshichan

Is oracrest playing the NA asap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom