• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT| So the industry might be mended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm now confused. Which regions collectors edition will get me this box art:
Dark%20Souls%20Box%20Art%20Released.jpg

I swear that was the picture used on zavvi's website when I pre-ordered ages ago, but now it's changed to this: http://thehut.pantherssl.com/design-assets/products/10451825/DarkPS3L1.jpg
This being the site page:
http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/dark-souls-limited-edition/10451825.html

Hellllp, I don't understand anything anymore.

Grinchy

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
Yeah, I think this is a bad sign for those of us whose order hasn't shipped
Crap...I was afraid of this.

I would have been fine with just driving to a store and buying it but I was trusting Amazon to deliver it on the release date since they call it release date delivery. Oh well, they haven't missed the date yet. I will give them a chance to screw up.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
oracrest said:
Ya, I'm jumping on that version as soon as it comes.

Lol, I discovered there was a ladder in the darkness near that bonfire that leads up past the dragon. I'll upload in these in the morning...
Awesome man! Good luck!

I should be doing hw said:
I'm now confused. Which regions collectors edition will get me this box art:

Hellllp, I don't understand anything anymore.

The first image collectors edition no longer exists, as far as we know. It was the originally announced edition, when all the goodies were quality. I still see it listed on Play-Asia under the Asian Collector's Edition, but I haven't heard anything official about an Asian CE anyway so I wouldn't count on it even looking like that at this point.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I got a call earlier today from my local mom and pop store.

"Your copy of Dark Souls just came in."
"YAY!"
"We can sell it to you first thing tomorrow."
"FFFFFF"

Also I guess it's not the CE. But after the last few pages of this thread, I don't think I care. :lol

Zzoram said:
That's why people care about min-maxing with the optimal starter class for their planned build. It makes them slightly stronger at any given level to not waste points in things they don't need.

I wonder, how much damage do those soul arrows do if you get Intelligence up to 40? Can you actually play pure magic or is it just not possible to shoot enough to kill bosses with pure magic?

Dude, it's so possible to play pure magic. Even if regular soul arrow is doing the trick, you can get
Heavy Soul Arrow, Great Soul Arrow, and Heavy Great Soul Arrow, amongst other ridiculous damage-focused spells.

putarorex said:
I waited and wished I hadn't. You apparently get better loot if you wait. The ring I got breaks if you take it off. It is a nice ring but I prefer having two options available for rings. Also you lose a convenient bonfire if you wait (permanently I believe).

No,
not permanently. If you wait, you lose the Firelink bonfire for a while, but it's a time when you shouldn't be by that bonfire anyway. As a reward, you'll get a fire keeper's soul, which permanently upgrades the power of your Estus flasks. Much worth waiting, IMO.

Yurt said:
I rang the two bells..
that character feels completely out of place :/ seriously FROM software?

Hahaha,
it is totally fucking weird, that's for sure.

LuchaShaq said:
Really frustrated by the reviews of this game. They all seem to come from people who drooled over the first game. I honestly hated the first game (played about a dozen hours, and only that many because I genuinely wanted to see what people enjoyed) and was considering giving this one a shot, but it's hard to tell when noone new to the series seems to be reviewing it let alone any reviewer I trust.

As one of those frustrating reviewers, I feel safe telling you that if you hated the first game, you probably won't like this one. There are some changes to the formula, but the core gameplay is essentially the same.

What's this I hear about them ruining black phantoms? A lot of the reviews seem to indicate that's it's harder to do / discouraged now?

Also you can't be a pure mage anymore? They cap your magic use between saves? WTF? I do not like...

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
The first image collectors edition no longer exists, as far as we know. It was the originally announced edition, when all the goodies were quality. I still see it listed on Play-Asia under the Asian Collector's Edition, but I haven't heard anything official about an Asian CE anyway so I wouldn't count on it even looking like that at this point.
Shit, that's what a media blackout gets me. So what is the difference between the UK and US versions now then? I may still have enough time to switch...

Shit, that's what a media blackout gets me. So what is the difference between the UK and US versions now then? I may still have enough time to switch...

If I remember after all is said and done the only difference now is that the US version has all downloadable bonus content, whereas the PAL version has a physical soundtrack and making of video with downloadable mini guide.

Oh yea, and the US version has a "Steel case" but it's really just a cheap tin.

What is this bonus content? I assume it will be purchasable later on? Sorry for all the questions, I just checked up on my order for the first time in months and feel shellshocked.

Will F

Ken said:
My Amazon copy went from Shipping Soon to Not Yet Shipped.

]:

Same here, but at least they have already charged my card. I told myself I wouldn't worry since amazon RDD is usually not getting the shipping confirmation out till late, but the emotional highs and lows of the wait are about as good/bad as I had playing Demon's Souls.

What is this bonus content? I assume it will be purchasable later on? Sorry for all the questions, I just checked up on my order for the first time in months and feel shellshocked.
I guess you can get it for free anyway... some download or something...

Making of Videos, Soundtrack, Mini Guide, and artbook...Oh, the artbook may still be physical for both versions. Forgot about that.

GodlyPerfection said:
Wow the 360 looks a ton cleaner than the PS3... is it just me or does everything in the distance for the PS3 look very blurry in comparison. Also the brightness levels of the two don't help. It was much easier to see everything on the 360 version.
Its obviously not the same settings... RGB Full may be enabled too. Its a piss poor comparison.

EDIT: The blacks look completely crushed. I am betting on the RGB Full being enabled.

Smo21

Ive never ordered anything from Futureshop so hopefully they work quick. I live in the same city they ship from so hopefully i get this tomorrow.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That comparison is bleh.

TheExecutive said:
Its obviously not the same settings... RGB Full may be enabled too. Its a piss poor comparison.

I completely agree it is very hard to compare with the two screens running on different settings. Whoever did that comparison did it wrong... lol.

Just confirmed with Amazon that I am indeed getting my collector's edition, and it will be arriving tomorrow morning. Tomorrow is going to be a rough day at work.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Not even trying to start comparing..but the PS3 version looks stellar. I don't get why people put the graphics down. The game is grimey and crisp at the same time, and the draw distance is INSANE. I've also yet to run into any frame drops so the game just feels so smooth. I'm sure the 360 will be similar if not the same.

Daigoro

i dont really know shit about this game, just heard a few random comments from people who played the first one.

i checked out a video on the 360 dashboard this morning and it looks pretty awesome. then when the guy they were interviewing said something like 'prepare to die' i was pretty intrigued.

that and the Giant Bomb guys said it was a game for masochists.

sounds like it might be a game for me.

Daigoro said:
i dont really know shit about this game, just heard a few random comments from people who played the first one.

i checked out a video on the 360 dashboard this morning and it looks pretty awesome. then when the guy they were interviewing said something like 'prepare to die' i was pretty intrigued.

From create the best gaming atmospheres I have ever seen. Good taste demands that you at least try it.

Yoshichan

Daigoro said:

Enjoy!

I am actually super excited that this is region free P2P for the servers. Never again do I have to worry about From shutting down the servers like demons souls. I love that feeling. Plus I get to play with my japanese and european brethren.

FrankT

Looks solid, but man is that framerate a turd. Sacrifices must be made I guess.

then when the guy they were interviewing said something like 'prepare to die' i was pretty intrigued.

Yea all that Japanese and then boom. Was awesome.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Gamestop guy wouldn't give me the game... I'm the only person there in the empty fucking parking lot and he's like "No, not till midnight."

So I say, "Really? What if I buy another game? If you let me walk out of here right now I'll buy Rage too."

"You can buy Rage too, at midnight".

"I have an exam tomorrow morning at 8am (true story) so I can't wait here until midnight. I'll be back tomorrow"

Of course when I go back tomorrow, it will be to cancel all my other preorders I have paid off. So four other games @ $60 a piece. You know... it's not even that he didn't let me have the game, though I found that kind of ridiculous given the circumstances, but the fact he was such a snide cunt about it. Last couple times I've gone in there they'll been smug douches for no reason. It's like they think they're doing me some kind of favor, or they've got something I need to have. They don't. In fact, it's a pain in the ass to drive there. I'll just get my shit online from now on, or through DD. I'm done with these brick and mortar places.

params7

Banned
"Game for masochists"

I fucking hate this description of the game. The game is challenging, was every gamer in the 90's a masochist? Wtf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom