• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Apathy is Trending

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKehoe

Plywood said:
Good for Finlay, still can't believe WWE fired him over fucking Snooki.
He got fired because Miz interrupted the National Anthem at a house show to get heat. The National guard (a sponsor for WWE) complained so they had to cut Finlay since he was the agent in charge of the segment.

somedevil

Plywood said:
Good for Finlay, still can't believe WWE fired him over fucking Snooki.

Wasn't he fired for allowing the interuption of the national anthem by the Miz at a house show while there were soldiers there?

edit: Beaten and he will be back because they hired Daniel Bryan back after whoever wanted him gone after the tie incident.

RBH

-- Regarding Evan Bourne and his 30-day suspension, I believe he has already been sent home, meaning he and Kofi Kingston will not be losing the tag titles at Smackdown. Why they retained last night is beyond me, and beyond many in the company. It wasn't like they didn't know about the failure before TV. Only thing I can figure is that maybe they are really upset with him and are going to announce the failure publicly on Smackdown and then strip them of the titles. Presumably we'll find out tonight, though of late, it's best not to presume anything with WWE.

-- The JR segment was cut in part because the Muppets were contractually guaranteed to get all of their segments on the show. It wasn't a last minute decision, though, as his segment was eliminated before Raw went live. And unlike what Cole claimed, Ross was in the building.

-- Miz and Truth cut a great promo on Rock last night. Of course, it's WWE in 2011, so instead of airing this promo on Raw they put it on the Internet, and on Raw they had John Cena beat up and lay out both guys like geeks. The promo is up here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cOl2FIJaHc

-- As noted on Wrestling Observer Radio last night, there was great concern from some backstage (not the wrestlers, obviously), that nothing from Raw was trending on Twitter last night. Really. In fact, based on what made air, some people were more concerned about Twitter trending than the fact that John Cena singlehandedly beat up both Miz and Truth in the main event.

-- Jim Ross on his Twitter said that Barry Windham is also dealing with issues with his liver. He suffered a massive heart attack last week and is still not out of the woods.

-- WWE is planning a SportsCenter-style show for the new WWE Network and they're looking for a name. The five choices that fans can vote on are Power Center, Action Center, Event Center, Live Event Center, and InterAction Center.
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...-star-backstage-terrible-ufc-rating-tons-more

DMczaf

-- WWE is planning a SportsCenter-style show for the new WWE Network and they're looking for a name. The five choices that fans can vote on are Power Center, Action Center, Event Center, Live Event Center, and InterAction Center.

I think they want Center in the name.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
DKehoe said:
He got fired because Miz interrupted the National Anthem at a house show to get heat. The National guard (a sponsor for WWE) complained so they had to cut Finlay since he was the agent in charge of the segment.
somedevil said:
Wasn't he fired for allowing the interuption of the national anthem by the Miz at a house show while there were soldiers there?
Oh that's what it was? I thought he got fired over yelling at Snooki when she was late for filming a segment.
DMczaf said:
I think they want Center in the name.
No Center Center?

Imagine what a boon it would be for Miz and Truth if they beat Cena and Rock at Survivor Series, triumphing over a duo like that would make them look pretty impressive. Plus The Rock and Cena should logically be at odds with each other anyway due to their little feud so they could be pushed towards a loss with the angle of miscommunication between partners and no need for further shenanigans like interference.
Which is of course why this wont happen...

RBH

This is the perfect opportunity for the WWE to bring back Live Event News, hosted by Tamara Murphy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWLTK2eeYjE

cITRL.jpg

Plywood said:
Oh that's what it was? I thought he got fired over yelling at Snooki when she was late for filming a segment.
I thought he was fired for physically assaulting Dork Knight during a 1up Show taping.

Kaladin

Nocturnowl said:
Imagine what a boon it would be for Miz and Truth if they beat Cena and Rock at Survivor Series, triumphing over a duo like that would make them look pretty impressive. Plus The Rock and Cena should logically be at odds with each other anyway due to their little feud so they could be pushed towards a loss with the angle of miscommunication between partners and no need for further shenanigans like interference.

Knowing WWE, Miz/Truth will win at SS, go on to break up and after the break-up they will be bumped down to mid-card obscurity, jobbing to Daniel Bryan as WWE builds him up for his title run.

What should happen: Miz/Truth win at SS, go on to break up through both of them being in the Rumble and both of them being in the same Chamber where they cause each other to loose both and this friction leads to Miz vs R-Truth at Mania where they not only feud with each other, but vow to steal the show from Rock/Cena.

Linkified

BoboBrazil said:
The question is, did muppets on Raw last night kill any bit of realism that they had left? I'm sure there were some out there that still held onto a tiny belief that it was real, but now interacting with muppets killed any realism they might have had. It was great to see the muppets, but I think this might be one of the worst things they've ever done business wise.

Wrestling had no realism left when the attitude era started. Women giving birth to hands, demons being strapped in cars and driving straight into production trucks, Vince getting a sign fall on him, Vince blowing up, etc.

Muppets were great last night, and for what its worth Disney wasn't happy.

Best way to describe the WWE is that they are TV company that have athletes doing crazy stuff on stage(ring) with a somewhat well written script, for a target audience.

DKehoe

Linkified said:
Wrestling had no realism left when the attitude era started. Women giving birth to hands, demons being strapped in cars and driving straight into production trucks, Vince getting a sign fall on him, Vince blowing up, etc.
People bought Austin as a legit badass and went crazy at the idea of him and Tyson in a ring together.

It can be recaptured but things need to go back to basics.

djsandman said:
Knowing WWE, Miz/Truth will win at SS, go on to break up and after the break-up they will be bumped down to mid-card obscurity, jobbing to Daniel Bryan as WWE builds him up for his title run.

What should happen: Miz/Truth win at SS, go on to break up through both of them being in the Rumble and both of them being in the same Chamber where they cause each other to loose both and this friction leads to Miz vs R-Truth at Mania where they not only feud with each other, but vow to steal the show from Rock/Cena.
I do like the idea of Miz/Truth trying to one up Rock/Cena, though WWE continuity rarely extends beyond three months so their SS match would be a distant memory by WM season. Assuming Miz would turn for this one, I think he could do well as a face and i'd miss Crazy R-Truth.

Nocturnowl said:

Logic says this is what should happen. The Rock or Cena should screw over the other to build heat for WM28 and especially after Rock screwed Cena at WM27, but I just don't know with the WWE.
You can't predict them, it's all depends on Vinces mood too much.

Kaladin

DKehoe said:
People bought Austin as a legit badass and went crazy at the idea of him and Tyson in a ring together.

It can be recaptured but things need to go back to basics.

It all goes back to heat. There are only two people in WWE that have any kind of heat right now. That is Michael Cole and Vicky Guerrero. They both have heat because they have been in the same roles forever, and have been allowed to get themselves over with the crowd. WWE never allows actual wrestling heels to get heat because the angle is usually done by the next PPV, and if not they don't really do anything to get heat, like Miz and ADR, they're just heel champs holding the belt. I'd even argue Mark Henry doesn't have heat because people are cheering for him. Christian is kind of close to getting actual heat with his one more match gimmick, but it's getting killed as they make a joke out of it and job him out to anyone with a pulse. The last wrestler in WWE that had any real heat was Jericho, and WWE really needs him back.

IdreamofHIME said:
Logic says this is what should happen. The Rock or Cena should screw over the other to build heat for WM28 and especially after Rock screwed Cena at WM27, but I just don't know with the WWE.
You can't predict them, it's all depends on Vinces mood too much.
Survivor Series will no doubt be going through so many rewrites on the night of the ppv that the match outcome will only be set when the promo video for the match airs at the event itself.

Zhengi

How about Wrasslin Center? Cause, you know, they are a Wrasslin organization.

Kaladin

Nocturnowl said:
Survivor Series will no doubt be going through so many rewrites on the night of the ppv that the match outcome will only be set when the promo video for the match airs at the event itself.

Even then, the ref has an ear piece to get a change if one is made.

Linkified

djsandman said:
It all goes back to heat. There are only two people in WWE that have any kind of heat right now. That is Michael Cole and Vicky Guerrero. They both have heat because they have been in the same roles forever, and have been allowed to get themselves over with the crowd. WWE never allows actual wrestling heels to get heat because the angle is usually done by the next PPV, and if not they don't really do anything to get heat, like Miz and ADR, they're just heel champs holding the belt. I'd even argue Mark Henry doesn't have heat because people are cheering for him. Christian is kind of close to getting actual heat with his one more match gimmick, but it's getting killed as they make a joke out of it and job him out to anyone with a pulse. The last wrestler in WWE that had any real heat was Jericho, and WWE really needs him back.

I would argue people boo them because the audience finds them annoying. Seen as WWE hasn't been able to create a character like Zack Ryder with a distinct gimmick, look at Orton, Cena, Miz and R-Truth and what do you see 4 walking catchphrase generating machines.

I would rather WWE market their talent as 'heels' and 'faces' to different markets.

Kaladin

Linkified said:
I would argue people boo them because the audience finds them annoying. Seen as WWE hasn't been able to create a character like Zack Ryder with a distinct gimmick, look at Orton, Cena, Miz and R-Truth and what do you see 4 walking catchphrase generating machines.

I would rather WWE market their talent as 'heels' and 'faces' to different markets.

I think it may have started out that way, but people automatically boo Vicky and Cole any time they do something now. Crossover is minimum to zero in people that actually cheer them. Any other "heel" has people that like them for one reason or another and have a reason to get behind the heels. Vicky and Cole don't give you that reason.

Raw64life

lol at the divas angle. What exactly are they trying to accomplish? And Natayla complaining about her Louis Vuitton scarf isn't very consistent with the whole "wrestlers vs. models" idea.

I just read about Bourne's suspension, so AirBoom losing the title this month right? I mean I thought the titles had to be defended within 30 days, Who am I kidding? WWE probably abandoned that long time ago.

RBH

Superstars spoilers

* Yoshi Tatsu b. Tyson Kidd

* Drew McIntyre b. John Morrison

* Justin Gabriel b. Jinder Mahal

NXT spoilers

JTG welcomes us and introduces "Batemax". Derrick Bateman gives Maxine a ring. They are interrupted by Percy Watson, Titus O'Neal and AJ. They pull a dead fish out of a bag because Bateman has "fish lips." Matt Striker comes out and announces a six person tag match for tonight's main event.

*The Usos defeated Johnny Curtis and Tyson Kidd. Good match.

*Kaitlyn defeated Tamina.

*Titus O'Neal & Percy Watson & AJ defeated defeated JTG & Maxine & Derrick Bateman when O'Neal defeated Bateman.

wrassle gaf still needs a t shirt.... lets try get one done for December shall we?

Maybe something botch related or "4 star matches, great feuds"?

I dont want a shirt with alot of text ether.

Do the members of the NWA have any ideas?

Razorskin said:
It ends when john morrison wins a match.

so it ends about 90 days after JoMo's contract with WWE ends??

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Penguin said:
so have I missed something or is this season of NXT never gonna end?

I haven't kept up since they moved it to Wednesday afternoon. I mean wtf. I'm not going to watch nXt on a fucking Wednesday afternoon. I could watch it anytime but I'm far too lazy to put that shit on google tv with no "live" element to it.

somedevil

Smackdown spoilers:

*Randy Orton defeated Cody Rhodes in an awesome Street Fight following a hanging DDT on the outside off the barricade to the floor and then an RKO inside the ring. This was a great brawl through the crowd with Rhodes' mask being used as a weapon. Orton bagged Rhodes after.

*Ted DiBiase defeated Tyson Kidd.

*World champion Mark Henry was interviewed backstage. He began bullying Daniel Bryan, mocking his Money In The Bank briefcase, saying Bryan could never beat him. He challenged Bryan to wrestle him tonight and Bryan accepted.

*Alicia Fox pinned Natalya.

*Big Show comes out and says he's going to knock out Mark Henry once for every week of Dmackdown where their business goes unfinished. Christian comes out and says Show had his chance and failed. He insults the South (Show is originally from Aiken, SC). Show acts like he was going to KO Christian, then promises he won't. Instead he chokeslams him and leaves him laying.

*Sheamus comes out for his scheduled match against Christian but he's out from the chokeslam. Wade Barrett comes out and offers to replace him and they ring the bell.

*Barrett pinned Sheamus with a roll up after Christian distracted him. Christian was outside from the chokeslam the entire bout. Sheamus tries to get Barrett after the bout but Christian spears him,

*After a break, we see Sheamus brawling backstage with Christian and Barrett until they are all separated by security.

*Backstage, Big Show tells Daniel Bryan to take special care of his briefcase, because Show will be in his corner tonight against Mark Henry.

*Sin Cara vs. the debuting Epico from WWE developmental. Hunico interferes and they double team Cara. They nailed a double team move but messed it up and did it again. That'll be edited.

*World champion Mark Henry defeated Daniel Bryan by DQ when Big Show interfered and knocked out Henry. Bryan acts like he might cash in but is nailed by Henry and hit with the World's Strongest Slam. Henry nailed Show with the briefcase. No cashing in.

Afterward, Teddy Long announced Show vs. Henry for Survivor Series and we end with a staredown.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
SD looks okay this week. Like the inclusion of
Daniel Bryan in the ME. Reminding people that he still has that MITB.

somedevil said:
Smackdown spoilers:

*Randy Orton defeated Cody Rhodes in an awesome Street Fight following a hanging DDT on the outside off the barricade to the floor and then an RKO inside the ring. This was a great brawl through the crowd with Rhodes' mask being used as a weapon. Orton bagged Rhodes after.

*Ted DiBiase defeated Tyson Kidd.

Looks like an awesome match from those two again.. Plus
Tyson Kidd worked NXT, Superstars and Smackdown
...it shocks me how this guy hasn't received a huge push while others that can't wrestle get one

*Sin Cara vs. the debuting Epico from WWE developmental. Hunico interferes and they double team Cara. They nailed a double team move but messed it up and did it again. That'll be edited.

does Epico have his mask? Would be great to have a heel masked guy but I cant help but thing WWE only want faces to have masks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom