• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German anti-Semitism 'deep-rooted' in society

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want Israel to exist as it is now. They are occupying land, expanding their own settlements by stealing even more land, denying millions of people basic human rights and keeping them in a huge open air jail. People need to stop confusing Israel with Judaism. People need to stop confusing criticizing a country that is breaking international law over and over again, with criticizing a religion. The fact that he brought up ''the existence of Israel'' in response to a post on anti-semitism is pathetic. I can be against the existence of a country that has been treating millions of people like animals for decades and respect it's people's religion.

Asking for reform is not antisemetic.

Kayo-kun

Oh, killing each other over an ancient rivalry and history full of massacres, battles and racism is absurd, but neonazis killing another white guy makes perfect sense?

Ignorant official statements and facts, and making up a fantasy feud is without a doubt absurd and stupid. Ordinary Greeks and Turks have nothing against each other, you make it seem like Turks and Greeks are in an ongoing war. Read abit about the Turkish/Greek earthquakes to learn about the current relations among the both people. There is no hostility between Turks/Greeks in general, but I can ensure you that there is one between Neo-nazis and non-Nordic people.

I guess there's a defence force for anything on GAF, even Neo-Nazis.

Gustav

Banned
1967 borders and I think a lot of problems would go away. It's almost impossible now that Israel has continued massive settlement developments, but one can hope. Having a jig saw puzzle map will not provide a starting point for a better future in the region.

(Hint: I am not a moron)

Edit: People assuming I am against the complete existence of Israel shows how pathetic talking about this subject is. The worst is always assumed.

No, that is not the problem here. The Swedes I referred to were against the very existence of Israel, making them anti-semitic. Criticizing Israel is a different beast.

But people should read what I write instead of going into crybaby mode because apparently I implied that they are anti-semitic. You are not for criticizing Israel. Wanting it off the map, though, that makes you anti-semitic.

Cromat

I don't want Israel to exist as it is now. They are occupying land, expanding their own settlements by stealing even more land, denying millions of people basic human rights and keeping them in a huge open air jail. People need to stop confusing Israel with Judaism. People need to stop confusing criticizing a country that is breaking international law over and over again, with criticizing a religion. The fact that he brought up ''the existence of Israel'' in response to a post on anti-semitism is pathetic. I can be against the existence of a country that has been treating millions of people like animals for decades and respect it's people's religion.

The UN charter allows every people the right to self-determination. That includes the Jews.
Saying that Israel should not exist amounts to antisemitism, since it singles out a single nation as having no rights for independence.

Wanting Israel gone isn't either.

It is, unfortunately.

Wanting Israel gone isn't either.

According to the EU it is http://fra.europa.eu/fraWebsite/material/pub/AS/AS-WorkingDefinition-draft.pdf
Edit: People assuming I am against the complete existence of Israel shows how pathetic talking about this subject is. The worst is always assumed.
Nobody was acusing you of this. I think most people, my response included, was to say to you that you're NOT antisemetic.

But there are people that hold views more extreme than you that are.
Though you did say this
I can be against the existence of a country

volturnus

Banned
No, that is not the problem here. The Swedes I referred to were against the very existence of Israel, making them anti-semitic. Criticizing Israel is a different beast.

But people should read what I write instead of going into crybaby mode because apparently I implied that they are anti-semitic. You are not for criticizing Israel. Wanting it off the map, though, that makes you anti-semitic.
Wanting Israel off the map is anti-zionist, wanting israeli people killed is antisemitic.

Cromat

Wanting Israel off the map is anti-zionist, wanting israeli people killed is antisemitic.

So by your logic, wanting France to be destroyed as a state and occupied by Germany or UK or whatever is not anti-French? Only killing every single Frenchman is?

So by your logic, wanting France to be destroyed as a state and occupied by Germany or UK or whatever is not anti-French? Only killing every single Frenchman is?

He'll try to make the distincion that Israel /= Jew and so it's not antisemetic because Judaism is a religion not a race. And completly miss the point about self-determination and the UN/EU.

volturnus

Banned
Please see the post above yours.
I did, I just don't agree with it. I do believe jews exaggerated the Holocaust to create Israel, but that's a conclusion made after careful research, and the study of History, as a science, shall be driven by reason, not emotion. That does not make me antisemitic at all.

Gustav

Banned
He'll try to make the distincion that Israel /= Jew and so it's not antisemetic because Judaism is a religion not a race. And completly miss the point about self-determination and the UN/EU.

It should also be noted that semites are not necessarily Jews. So we can squash that argument now.

I did, I just don't agree with it. I do believe jews exaggerated the Holocaust to create Israel, but that's a conclusion made after careful research, and the study of History, as a science, shall be driven by reason, not emotion. That does not make me antisemitic at all.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

..and that tells you all you need to know about volturnus.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Some tidbits from the summary:

The Body of antisemitism in Germany:

right-wing = 26.000 People in Germany
left-wring = 32.000 " "
islamic groups* = 37.400 " "

There is a decline in "politically motivated criminality" in Germany. It went from 1.559 cases in 2005 to 2010´s 1.268 cases. Over 90% of these cases can be contributed to the extreme right-wing.

* "antisemitism is a constitutive part of their ideology."

edit: Goggle translated:

Regarding the spread of anti-Semitic attitudes in the population, thus giving the
by the expert group demoscopic studies evaluated consistently indicated
Order of about 20 percent of latent
Anti-Semitism at. The surveys show
specifically that, besides the "classical"
anti-Semitic accusations - Jews possess
too much infl uence (conspiracy charge) or are
for their own behavior itself "guilty" to
their persecution - speculations and allegations
much stronger play a role only in response to the Holocaust and the existence of the State
Israel have emerged: it is not limited to, the charge that Jews draw from benefits
the Holocaust, or used it for their purposes
the detriment of German interests (a "secondary"
Anti-Semitism), and an anti-Semitism with
Criticism of Israel charged that the state simply
with "the Jews" and the Israeli policy identifi with the Nazi extermination
equate policy.

1800-2000 people where asked on the phone. And now i know how the 20% figure came up. One of the questions was: "are you annoyed about germans today still being charged(vorgehalten) with the crimes against the jewish?" 67% answered yes. Thats kind of a tricky questions as i could see many answering with "yes" while still haveing nothing against jews in general.

It should also be noted that semites are not necessarily Jews. So we can squash that argument now.

I've seen this argument before.

I'm of the ilk the anti-semitism is anti-jewish and it is a product of really bad etymology.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism#Usage

You german? edit: nvm your profile says Brazil.

And to make a constructive response to your Jews used to Holocaust to create Israel belief. I'm guessing your "research" never included Theodor Herzl, World Zionist Congress, Balfour declaration and the other stuff that happened before WWII (and even the first WW)?

Cromat

So your careful study of History apparently hasn't taught you that the State of Israel was well on its way to being established before the Holocaust even started?

And by the way saying that Jews exaggerated the Holocaust to "create" Israel (note that Israel is the only country on which this term is ever used) is antisemitic as hell lol....

Sh1ner

WTF. Do you really think regular Germans are racists?

No I don't but I have a friend who is worried when I said I was off to Germany, since then I am following Spiegel.de on twitter which mentions a few race related hate issues on its feeds from time to time. But hey ever country has those, maybe I am just more perceptive since I am off there.

No problems. Berlin is awesome. Enjoy!

Sweet, I am looking forward to it :3

this should be quoted on every page.

volturnus

Banned
your video is banned in Germany, you should probably state what you post before giving a link.
Sorry, didn't know about that.
It's a press conference made by an american gas chamber expert explaining his report, stating that there were no gas chambers at all in any of the camps he visited.

Gustav

Banned
It's a press conference made by an american gas chamber expert explaining his report, stating that there were no gas chambers at all in any of the camps he visited.

He is NOT a gas chamber expert. He is a revisionist that put the theory forward that there hasn't been any people gassed in gas chambers. To which any intelligent person would response "Why build gas chambers in the first place?"

Cromat

You're right. This 'expert' testimony immediately renders the staggering amount of witnesses, evidence and records completely false. Thanks!

volturnus

Banned
He is NOT a gas chamber expert. He is a revisionist that put the theory forward that there hasn't been any people gassed in gas chambers. To which any intelligent person would response "Why build gas chambers in the first place?"
He designed gas chambers for the US government.

Boozeroony

B-b-but, he's an expert!

Millions died in the gas chambers. Also, current Jews always use this to justify horrendous acts they are exerting.

zon

Anyone watching that video should get warning signs popping up in their head as soon as the audience started applauding.

No, I'm a brazilian historian.

Do you only care about Israel reverting its borders back to an arbitrary date in history or would you apply such a demand to the world as whole. And if so where do you draw the line? What is too far back in history? Maybe Germany could get Naples back that way and the indigenous people of Brazil certainly would be happy too.

SmokyDave

I find holocaust denial and the utter revulsion that it provokes to be fascinating.

I don't really have anything useful to add, just that observation.

popcorn-1.gif

Kusagari

Ignoring that guy....

Does anyone think that Germans might be displaying anti-semitism because of how, let's be honest, kind of ridiculous Germany has taken some censorship because of their past and the Holocaust?

I've always wondered if that itself could foster an increase in anti-semitism.

You're right I didn't interpret your original post as it was meant. At least that is now cleared up.
Though you did say this
I don't think that changes anything about my hope for a two state solution where there is a Palestine and an Israel that does not violate human rights. Add ''in it's current state'' to that quote to make it less ambiguous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom