• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seaman coming to 3DS. Nintendo looking to revive other old third party franchises.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://andriasang.com/con012/seaman_3ds/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

The classic Dreamcast virtual pet sim Seaman will be revived on the 3DS, according to a report at the online edition of Nikkei.

In a feature about Nintendo, Nikkei mentions a plan from the company to revive other publisher's titles on the 3DS as part of a strategy to bring new strong titles to the system. The paper mentions Seaman as an example of this, but does not provide specifics.

Seaman creator Yoot Saito, who's currently making one of the four games in Level-5's Guild 01 on 3DS, hinted back in June 2010 that Seaman could appear on 3DS.

Released by Sega in 1999, Seaman caused a sensation throughout Japan and became one of the Dreamcast's best selling games.

Nikkei's mention of Seaman came as part of a general report about Nintendo's earnings and future prospects.

The report also has a look at the construction grounds of Nintendo's new development studio, which is scheduled to open at the end of December 2013. Construction is taking place on the land of a former golf practice grounds. Iwata was a regular at an Italian restaurant on the second floor of the facility, and his companion was always Shigeru Miyamoto. According to Nikkei, it's at this restaurant that the two finalized the concept for the Nintendo DS.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nintendo reviving 3rd party classic IPs for 3DS?

Oh shit - new Terranigma plz.

Desmond

_41000360_seamannewhair300.jpg

Seaman.gif

Seaman you say?

Penguin

Its an interesting idea for Nintendo to revisit some dormant IPs of other companies, but Seamen seems like an odd one to start with.

Then again, I guess it could.. work like Nintendogs for them.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
In a feature about Nintendo, Nikkei mentions a plan from the company to revive other publisher's titles on the 3DS as part of a strategy to bring new strong titles to the system. The paper mentions Seaman as an example of this, but does not provide specifics.

This is the real news here.

Vlaphor

Seaman traumatized me when I first played it. I was enjoying it for awhile, until I had multiple seamen and one killed the other one, and the one being slowly killed was crying, "Noooo, stop. It hurts."

Haven't played it since.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ok, now I wanna really know what other franchises they'll revive.
Maybe, Culdcept is one of them?!?

GCX

I wonder what kind of power Nintendo is using to resurrect franchises from other companies. The power of money I guess.

Michan

I have a feeling this will be an interesting year.

glassviking

Neo Member
Interesting game to bring over, but perhaps not something I would actually want to play...unless this game is greater than I think? (never played it back on the Dreamcast)

Top Bottom