• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seaman coming to 3DS. Nintendo looking to revive other old third party franchises.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Still got my boxed copy right here with Microphone intact as well!

kdrp4.jpg

Nibel

So, what would work on 3DS?

Sega
- Seaman
- Skies of Arcadia
- Jet Set Radio
- Alex Kidd
- Shenmue

Capcom
- Onimusha
- Ghost's & Ghoul's
- Gargoyle's Quest
- Maximo

I would add Power Stone to the Capcom list. It's still one of the best party brawlers I know. But other than that, I'm fine with your list!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Now that Sakura Samurai is done get Futatsugi to do a Panzer Dragoon Saga remake!

kunonabi

3DS + Seaman = AWESOME

3D is really going to kick ass in terms of it looking like an actual aquarium. Being able to take care him on the go is also a godsend. Add some wacky streetpass stuff and I'm set.

fernoca

Really nice news.
Plus Nintendo had a good relationship with Kuju/Headstrong, which not only made the Batallion Wars games, also House of the Dead Overkill for Wii and pitched a "reboot" of Jet Set Radio for the Wii; which Sega denied.

So..maybe this is their change to pitch a new Jet Set Radio again..to Nintendo this time. :p

EDT:
And please Nintendo..P.N.03 (from Capcom!!)!!

Fantastic news. Seaman really lends itself to 3DS's capabilities. Cannot wait to play this and revel in the mind-fuckery it'll be packed with. Cannot wait to see what else they revive.

Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Get Grinde Radio, Baten Kaitos

Seaman is a new strong title? what

The game was a big system-seller in Japan. A new version would no doubt be huge.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Seaman is pure brilliance. Cannot wait!

the old Jet Set Radio is short and kind of boring. JSRF on the other hand is a different story. :rock:

WAT.

JSR is considerably better than JSRF.

I don't see why people think Shenmue or Skies of Arcadia would make for great 3ds games other than they are Sega franchises and thus must be mentioned at every possible opportunity.

Why do you want giant, sprawling rpg's on a portable system with small screens and short battery life? Personally, I'd rather see them on the WiiU.

Cheech

I don't see why people think Shenmue or Skies of Arcadia would make for great 3ds games other than they are Sega franchises and thus must be mentioned at every possible opportunity.

Why do you want giant, sprawling rpg's on a portable system with small screens and short battery life? Personally, I'd rather see them on the WiiU.

I think Skies of Arcadia would sell in limited quantities because it is such a good game. Given the dearth of excellent JRPGs? Oh yeah.

Shenmue would tank, though. That game pretty much is the dictionary definition of "games that time has not been kind to".

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

Because I don't want to be tied to a particular spot for 50 hours sometimes. I like to be able to pop my DS open and play the game when I have some time, no matter where I am.

In fact, for that reason, I like JRPGs more on handhelds than on consoles.

I hate feeling "Shit, I can't really move from this spot until I hit the next save point". I'd rather be able to sit on the train and play until my stop, and then close it, put it in my bag, and be on my way. Waiting for someone? Open up the DS again and do a few more battles. When they arrive, I just close the DS and put it back in my bag.

Well, for Shenmue touch, voice and gyro controls in that kind of highly intractable environment would be pretty damn neat. As for Skies of Arcadia, it would just be nice to have a game like that in portable form.

Also, this might be a placebo like thing going on in my head, but I feel like older games tend to look better on a smaller screen.

Top Bottom