• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UEFA Champions League Final 2012 - FC Bayern München vs. Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is this right for EPL teams in europe next season?

- Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea take the 3 champions league spots.
- Arsenal demoted to champions league qualifiers.
- Tottenham demoted to Europa League.
- Liverpool in Europa League via League Cup.
- Newcastle lose 5th place Europa League spot, but get the FA Cup Europa League spot because Chelsea are in Champions League and Liverpool already have a spot, so it goes to the next EPL team?

http://www.theweek.co.uk/football/c.../confusion-over-arsenal-champions-league-play

Woooooooooooooooo

Korez

578204_420030938017358_111324802221308_1394195_1499440533_n.jpg

leadbelly

Banned
Well it wasn't exactly the greatest final ever, but I am glad for Drogba. It could be his last game for Chelsea. He infuriates a lot of people with his antics on the pitch, but there is no questioning he is a world class striker and has been for most of his career. He is also a good man. He has done a lot for his home country.

Salvadora

Congratulations Chelsea fans, Shame you were the first London side but you deserved it. That defence was fantastic .Props to Cech as well, He was amazing.

Just caught the end of the match on DVR (I know, I know)...and wow.

What drama. Bayern is the better team and they played better for nearly 90 minutes. But such is football. Chelsea showed the determination, toughness, and grit of a champion, and they go home deserving of the trophy in my opinion.

Sorry Spurs-GAF :(

My sincerest condolences to Bayern-GAF. You had one of the best teams in the world for the duration of the season and I know it hurts to come so far and fall so painfully close. But your club is all-together amazing, great squad, well-managed, beautiful arena. And you'll be right back in the thick of it next year.

And to destiny's children, Chelsea. Although some of your players are cunts, and divers, and you're run by a crazy Russian with far too much money, congrats on finally breaking through and winning the Champions' League. Your team has shown the resilience and mettle of a champion from the Barca semis through this match, and you should be proud of them.

The_Joker

i still don't understand why heynckes changed müller with van buyten... didn't he think for one second that there will probably be an equalizer? müller was clearly his best attacker on the pitch...

and why does he still allow robben to shoot the penalties?

Soi-Fong

and congrats to chelsea. deserved it more than us.
we don't deserved anything this season. stupid idiots

Not exactly true. More like, I guess maybe overconfidence..? Everything was working in your favor, better team, home advantage, etc..

I guess with Chelsea, that "never die attitude" really was what made them win..

Seriously, thought it was over when Drogba gave the penalty, but freaking Cech!! Seriously, this guy deserves an effing raise!

Moobabe

I didn't think I would cry! I'm so happy right now....

I'm not ashamed - I cried like a baby. When it got to penalties I looked at my Dad and said "I cannot go through losing this on penalties again." When Schweini missed I had to look away - this is such an amazing feeling. It's been tough GQman, Fady and even you Kyle - but we did it!!!

Yazan

:lol :lol :lol fuck me someone's bitter.

Bitter? Not really. But the Juventus arrogance fucking stinks all the way to Sweden. You were undefeated and won the league thanks to the ref and that we fucked up a bit. But the perfectly scored goals against Fiorentina, your team and Catania (and I think at least Bologna) would have been more than enough to win the league this season. And then you keep attacking the club and this years results as an indication for next season. We all know how shitty Juventus were last season (10 defeats if you forgot) and that said zero about your performance (outstanding tbh and Del Piero is a pure legend).

Madridy

Congrats Chelsea, and Hardluck Bayern.

I feel sad for Robben, losing three major finals in span of two years is heart breaking.

Wilbur

Banned
Bitter? Not really. But the Juventus arrogance fucking stinks all the way to Sweden. You were undefeated and won the league thanks to the ref and that we fucked up a bit. But the perfectly scored goals against Fiorentina, your team and Catania (and I think at least Bologna) would have been more than enough to win the league this season. And then you keep attacking the club and this years results as an indication for next season. We all know how shitty Juventus were last season (10 defeats if you forgot) and that said zero about your performance (outstanding tbh and Del Piero is a pure legend).

I don't support Juventus. But thanks for that.

Dibbz

Congratulations Chelsea fans, Shame you were the first London side but you deserved it. That defence was fantastic .Props to Cech as well, He was amazing.

Really? They defended like shit and Bayern had so many chances in the first half alone to win the game. If Gomez wasn't a fucking stupid they would have won but nope can't fucking shoot.

People are going to praise Chelsea for their "brave" defending now when in fact they played like shit and still won because the opposition were so shite at taking their chances.

I give credit to them against Napoli (for the comback) and Barca (some good defending over two legs) but tonight no. They should have lost but somehow won. Congrats to them but fuck me Bayern were so shit tonight. The cup was on a plate for them and they fucked it up.

Sipowicz

Banned
AHAHAHAHA CHAMPIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANS LEAAGGUUUUUUUUUUE

AWRIGHT ARRY OW'S TOTTENHAM?

fucking amazing. hary redknapp's fat arse got owned, an english team lifts the champions league trophy and the german's got beat on penalties at home

this is the greatest champions league of all time

spidye

Really? They defended like shit and Bayern had so many chances in the first half alone to win the game. If Gomez wasn't a fucking stupid they would have won but nope can't fucking shoot.

People are going to praise Chelsea for their "brave" defending now when in fact they played like shit and still won because the opposition were so shite at taking their chances.

I give credit to them against Napoli (for the comback) and Barca (some good defending over two legs) but tonight no. They should have lost but somehow won. Congrats to them but fuck me Bayern were so shit tonight. The cup was on a plate for them and they fucked it up.

again.
I'm so fed up with the whole team.

Clegg

Fucking arrogant Juventus pricks. Wasn't a long time ago when you where playing against the mighty arezzo and Spezia, you cheating shit team.

Milan were guilty of corruption too.

So the ass has just fallen out of your terrible argument.

I would never have predicted a Chelsea win via penalty kicks. They deserved it but it was really unexpected. Petr Czech man of the match and Bayern lost my sympathy in the last 10 minutes.

I am not sure if the TV camera was late or off but did Abramovich not notice they won until the stadium speaker said so? Well all in all it was a great and entertaining match - friend of mine now is completly drunk and has to finally visit his girlfriend .... after postponing 3 times hehe.

Zabojnik

Arrogance? I'm sorry, but who here gave you that impression? We're just happy to be back. What actually is arrogant is pretending Muntari's goal actually counted for something in the long run. All the while conveniantly forgetting Nesta amazing handball save against Genoa or the ever ironic Cambiasso's ghost goal, the joke that was Boateng's penalty in the same game or at least five other 'dubious' penalties that were given to Milan this season. They really tried their best to help you guys, but alas, it wasn't enough! Blame the injuries, I guess.

'Il club piu' titolato del mondo'. And we're arrogant. Riiiight.

Paracelsus

I wonder if Bayern realized they need a Suarez more than they need a Gomez right now, with all due respect for Mario who scored a boatload of goals.

Korez

Arrogance? I'm sorry, but who here gave you that impression? We're just happy to be back. What actually is arrogant is pretending Muntari's goal actually counted for something in the long run. All the while conveniantly forgetting Nesta amazing handball save against Genoa or the ever ironic Cambiasso's ghost goal, the joke that was Boateng's penalty in the same game or al least five other 'dubious' penalties that were given to Milan this season. They really gave it their best shot to help you guys, but alas, it wasn't enough! Blame the injuries, I guess.

'Il club piu' titolato del mondo'. And we're arrogant. Riiiight.
Many livers smashed this year.

TeegsD

Im late, missed the game due to work so here we go:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

"Bu-bu-but they can't win playing "beautiful" football"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh this is absolutely beautiful. Congrats Chelsea. You did what you had to do even though the majority has been against you. Now hopefully Terry pulls a Ramos and drops the trophy in front of the bus or something.

Zabojnik

Many livers smashed this year.

Indeed. :D

Going back to CL talk ... I don't even care who we get in the group stages. I just want to hear the CL tune again and see the guys give it all. If we don't make it out of the group, that's fine too. We're under no pressure to win the damn thing, but maybe that's a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom