• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurntPork

Banned
Yup. Pandering to the lowest common denominator. Sigh.
But read the IGN comments about this. They're still not happy.
I really hope this pandering doesn't continue with their actual games.
I like Nintendo because they're different from the other two.
They should accept that they will never win over some gamers - and quite frankly, they're not worth winning over.

Needs more graphics coverage.

Good point. And HDMI to show picture slideshows?

I'm still not sure if it'll be in the retail model, but it's been used for a tethered connection when Wireless wasn't possible.

Or hell, maybe they'll be letting people use the Wii U controller as a screen for their PC/other consoles.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
The all-gray logo is better than before, but i still think they can do better with it, let's hope they will work on it again.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Brilliant animation from the site you GO to

smaller.gif

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
wow, my name isn't important at all, the OP could be created by "shmuk", i don't care.
It's not like i will gain a personal fame by creating those threads.

Look at nearly every message i post about my "leaks". They are all heavily edited, because i refine the content, re-read the post like 10 times to avoid confusions, misinterpretations, change the wording, etc, etc. I need to have the control over the content.

Hopefully, the wait won't be long

Why not post it as an image on the Internet and the designated thread poster can link to that image, which you can still update at your leisure?

Darryl

Banned
The placement on those sticks looked more comfortable on the older version.

although I like the new location of the + / - buttons

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
His twitter is now gone completely.
D:

It was accompanied by a message right ? "look at what we just got" ? Maybe it's a filter problem, he wanted to show the picture to a very strict inner circle of people.

To be clearer: third-parties are aware of the alterations you all see in this picture since, if i'm not wrong, at least 2 months. I posted my pm 1 month ago, received the info before, and maybe it was available at an earlier date than that.

So they waited for the arrival of the updated DRC for months, but were aware of the planned changes (through Nintendo notices, warioworld updates, etc.). And once it arrived, he wanted to share its joy with other developers who didn't got it yet (because there must be some supplying discrepancies in the supplying date of this equipment between all foreign studios).

The latter part is an assumption, maybe the guy self-suicided himself.

It was accompanied by a message right ? "look at what we just got" ? Maybe it's a filter problem, he wanted to show the picture to a very strict inner circle of people.

To be clearer: third-parties are aware of the alterations you all see in this picture since, if i'm not wrong, 2 months. I posted my pm 1 month ago, received the info before, and maybe it was available at an earlier date than that.

So they waited for the arrival of the updated DRC for months, but were aware of the expected changes. And once it arrived, he wanted to share its joy with other developers who didn't got it yet (because there must be some supplying discrepancies in the supplying date of this equipment between all foreign studios).

The latter part is an assumption, maybe the guy self-suicided himself.

He's publicly posted other pictures from his work and he's only a QA tester. He likely just wasn't thinking about what he was doing.

Oddduck

Reading those comments on IGN's facebook page is making me want to punch my computer screen. The idiocy, ignorance, close mindedness, and lack of imagination of today's gamers is amazing.

Orayn

Reading those comments on IGN's facebook page is making me want to punch my computer screen. The idiocy, ignorance, close mindedness, and lack of imagination of today's gamers is amazing.

Despite knowing full well that it's only a symptom of an underlying disease, I blame Call of Duty.

BY2K

Membero Americo

Well now you know how those polls came to be.

What do you guys make of the new analog positioning???

Significant improvement, subtle improvement, liked it better before???

Or can't tell until you use the dam thing???

I think the guy was just completely oblivious to the fact that there was an NDA on the controller for the dev-kit. He probably assumed that since they showed it at E3 last year there was no reason that he couldn't post a picture of it on twitter.

Linkhero1

This thread moved way too fast. I was away, working for two hours and I come back to several + pages. Anything notable from the last few pages?

I saw that Ace had a quote that mentioned something about playing with 2 uPads at the same time.

I once went to the IGN comment section (for the first and only time) when Mario Galaxy 2 got a 10. These examples here are a joke compared to what I've had to see there.

This thread moved way too fast. I was away, working for two hours and I come back to several + pages. Anything notable from the last few pages?

I saw that Ace had a quote that mentioned something about playing with 2 uPads at the same time.

Yes, an internal document from NoE says that the Wii U is capable of using 2 Wii U controllers at a time.
Other than that:

IdeaMan was suppose to post a thread about the controller changes, but he got one upped by the leak. He still has another big gun to release, though.

More GTA5 for Wii U speculation.

Nibel

I hope there will be games which support 4 controllers. They don't need to be graphical powerhouses. Monster Hunter Tri G HD with your buddies in one room.. *dreams*

Linkhero1

Yes, an internal document from NoE says that the Wii U is capable of using 2 Wii U controllers at a time.
Other than that:

IdeaMan was suppose to post a thread about the controller changes, but he got one upped by the leak. He still has another big gun to release, though.

More GTA5 for Wii U speculation.

Thanks for the quick update. Hearing 2 controllers working at the same time is great. Can't wait to see what they come up with.

As for the leak all I can say is what could he have expected? It was bound to be leaked sooner or later by a QA tester :p

Really? Good news then lol.

I think that was inevitable, not because Nintendo wanted it but because of all the uproar against only one controller being shown to work.

Good that it seems it will happen though.

I don't care about 4 controller support but 2 will be a lot better as an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom