• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakeyes

I really don't get the fascination with making your own thread. If you want to make it so much, you could simply get someone to post it with a title like "IdeaMan WORLD EXCLUSIVE: ..."

Discomurf

Ill bet this dude didn't realize there was a change to the controller... even if he did, that should be his defense/excuse if he wants to try and keep his job.

Btw to all you nonbelivers - the posted patent images and descriptions of the sticks a couple of weeks ago. So... :p

not my fault if i still can't create a thread :/

Seriously, is it that important that your name is in the OP ? Either post it here, if it's thread worthy someone will make the thread, and quote you. Or: PM someone you trust, they make the thread, still quoting you.

Seriously, is it that important that your name is in the OP ? Either post it here, if it's thread worthy someone will make the thread, and quote you. Or: PM someone you trust, they make the thread, still quoting you.

You could argue that about anyone that makes a new thread.

New threads are made for new news, blah blah blah.

Basically, many of the threads about the Wii U could be links posted in this thread.

I repeated nearly all to lherre, expect one big thing
and the main bulk was like 1 month ago, in april, like my quote is indicating.

So at worst case, if everything is revealed until the 21, he will come and say "he told me that".

But i'll be so owned lol

hint: there's something that hasn't really been guessed from the DRC picture

I dunno, I've gone over every inch of that picture.
I've seen:

Analog sticks
Change in button lay out
LED around Home Button
Wider Controller
NFC Marker
Mystery Button

The last one, there's no way we can guess what it does out right.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
wow, my name isn't important at all, the OP could be created by "shmuk", i don't care.
It's not like i will gain a personal fame by creating those threads.

Look at nearly every message i post about my "leaks". They are all heavily edited, because i refine the content, re-read the post like 10 times to avoid confusions, misinterpretations, change the wording, etc, etc. I need to have the control over the content.

Hopefully, the wait won't be long

peter

Banned
I repeated nearly all to lherre, except one big thing

So at worst case, if everything is revealed until the 21, he will come and say "he told me that".

But i'll be so owned lol

Why there are 2 cables above?

1 is for the power adapter i think, the other should be connected with the dev kit i think.
For the rest you only have those 2 new squares and that's it what we see on this new design.

NeoRausch

But i'll be so owned lol

the riddler strikes again!

it's the vitality function....right? :3

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
What's interesting is, there's a hit counter on that Twitpic image.
It's currently at 7,381.

http://twitpic.com/9mx9jd

It's gone up 2,000 since he deleted it.
Also, I've just commented. Bet you can't guess my twitter name.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Is anyone else worried that the new sticks on the wuc are going to end up getting tangled on people's clothing and hair?

Terrell

I wonder what the reason for the change actually was - did Nintendo think those nubs weren't the real thing or did third-party put pressure on them?

I'd guess that the change was because of people hating on the slider pads before ever even touching them.

They want to win the core gamer, so that means doing things that might actually be WORSE just to fight against a preconceived image they have of Nintendo.

Is anyone else worried that the new sticks on the wuc are going to end up getting tangled on people's clothing and hair?

Not sure if serious...

I'd guess that the change was because of people hating on the slider pads before ever even touching them.

They want to win the core gamer, so that means doing things that might actually be WORSE just to fight against a preconceived image they have of Nintendo.

Message board posters had nothing to do with the changes.
It was all third party input.

What is there to be bitter about?

You went out of your way to call out someone with absolutely no basis for doing so.

It's obvious to me IdeaMan has legitimate sources, I don't think he's revealed anything earth shattering(or put it in layman terms enough) but it reeks of "let's call him names and demean him because we want what he knows right now" to me.

Maybe not from you but that's the general sense I get from the doubters.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.

Yup. Pandering to the lowest common denominator. Sigh.
But read the IGN comments about this. They're still not happy.
I really hope this pandering doesn't continue with their actual games.
I like Nintendo because they're different from the other two.
They should accept that they will never win over some gamers - and quite frankly, they're not worth winning over.

dwu8991

Banned

But i'll be so owned lol

i don't think you were ever 100% certain that the rumors you herad were true.

you presented your information as mere speculation

speculation here on neogaf is taken as as a grain of salt

japtor

wow, my name isn't important at all, the OP could be created by "shmuk", i don't care.
It's not like i will gain a personal fame by creating those threads.

Look at nearly every message i post about my "leaks". They are all heavily edited, because i refine the content, re-read the post like 10 times to avoid confusions, misinterpretations, change the wording, etc, etc. I need to have the control over the content.

Hopefully, the wait won't be long
Your sometimes funky English and purposefully vague hinting creates confusion and misinterpretations more than anything. I'm not saying that to be an ass, just an honest criticism. It might be clear to you since you know what you're trying to obfuscate, but to someone without any other info it could be easily misunderstood.

If you want to post a thread work with someone else to post a thread and get in as the second post with the first post just saying "look below" or whatever.

You went out of your way to call out someone with absolutely no basis for doing so.

It's obvious to me IdeaMan has legitimate sources, I don't think he's revealed anything earth shattering(or put it in layman terms enough) but it reeks of "let's call him names and demean him because we want what he knows right now" to me.

Maybe not from you but that's the general sense I get from the doubters.
I didn't call out anyone, the attention is already surrounding him, and he is the one raising his hand up with inside information. Whether he's reliable or not we'll see soon, but I think the doubting is very warranted.

MYE

They should accept that they will never win over some gamers - and quite frankly, they're not worth winning over.

Why are you reading IGN comments? :/

carlos

Not looking to troll or anything, but is there a chance that the WiiU controller can be a real money pit for Nintendo in the same sense that the UDrawHD tablet was for THQ?
I know Nintendo has it's hardcore fans that will keep it afloat (see gamecube), but how much of a dent could the console/controller make on nintendo wallet if it doesn't take off?

NeoRausch

i don't think you were ever 100% certain that the rumors you herad were true.

you presented your information as mere speculation

speculation here on neogaf is taken as as a grain of salt

But....

*looks at thread title*

but yeah, IM has to be less mysterious around here.

So true.

Nintendo is not taking anything we, or any other message board, say seriously.
They'll get feed back through real R&D and through third parties.

Not looking to troll or anything, but is there a chance that the WiiU controller can be a real money pit for Nintendo in the same sense that the UDrawHD tablet was for THQ?
I know Nintendo has it's hardcore fans that will keep it afloat (see gamecube), but how much of a dent could the console/controller make on nintendo wallet if it doesn't take off?

You're comparing an expensive add on to a brand new console man...

HylianTom

Banned
That's why I'm so prone to say: screw the whiners/haters, do your own thing, Nintendo. There is no pleasing that crowd when the mental deck is stacked against 'em already.

Let Nintendo be Nintendo, and whomever wants to come along for the ride - gamers, developers, etc - is welcome. History has shown that those who bet against 'em do so at their own peril.

axisofweevils

I'm not going to any more... but I like to read the reactions from people.
For example, the original reactions to IGN's "History shows the 3DS is doomed" article are hilarious to read in hindsight.

I didn't call out anyone, the attention is already surrounding him, and he is the one raising his hand up with inside information. Whether he's reliable or not we'll see soon, but I think the doubting is very warranted.

How is straight up posting someone is a "phoney" not calling someone out???

It's basically posting "you're full of shit".

You could have at least said I don't believe the guy, it would have been much less insulting.

beje

Banned
Don't know if it's already been said, but I think one of the "misterious square buttons" is actually the vitality sensor. Put your thumb over it and ta-da! Heart rate measured.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Your sometimes funky English and purposefully vague hinting creates confusion and misinterpretations more than anything. I'm not saying that to be an ass, just an honest criticism. It might be clear to you since you know what you're trying to obfuscate, but to someone without any other info it could be easily misunderstood.

As said in my very first message, the posts are willingly vague and made of hints, firstly to not endanger my sources, i think you can understand that.

Anyway, that's not important :)

How is straight up posting someone is a "phoney" not calling someone out???

It's basically posting "you're full of shit".

You could have at least said I don't believe the guy, it would have been much less insulting.
Phoney is not a big deal to me, in other words I am saying his full of shit. I don't think that changes anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom