• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

I cannot wait for this game. Once I heard it was actually good, hype went through the roof.

Shotty sequel based off of Dragon Quest!

dabig2

Great list of songs and the game looks like a fun challenge.

But, where's my FFXI - Buccaneers theme! Short, but sweet. Tell me those drums don't want to make you dress up in your finest pirate garb and scare the shit out of some n00b adventurers.

Seda

Not sure about this one, I really like Final Fantasy and it's music but don't care for rhythm games at all.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
This, so much this. Loved mystic quest, yeah it's easy but never understood why it got so much hate.
It's one of my favourite games to pick up and play! I give it a lot of heat in the anniversary thread but that's only because I'm poking fun at it (and I don't like some of the dungeons, but that's besides the point).

I never thought of writing this way, maybe it's because I write in both LTR and RTL languages.
Yes, I was speaking for mostly Germanic and Romance languages anyway which are generally my main go-to languages (particularly for analysis, and I write mostly in English, so...). If we're talking about a language like Arabic or Urdu or Hebrew, then what I said wouldn't really be relevant. Ideographic languages like Japanese, Chinese, and Korean are more flexible in that regard (top to bottom w/right to left, or left to right).

Square Enix only cares about Fabula Nova Crystallis, so no Mystic Quest music.
They probably can't even remember what it is! Give these compositions live instrument arrangements (gosh, just bring Sasai back in to do the work, or use his MYSTIC RE-QUEST tracks that he recorded himself in his studio) and stick them in somehow. D:

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
huh? VI has some of the most by default.

Decisive Battle
Tina's Theme
Dancing Mad
Celes Theme
The Fierce Battle
Searching for Friends

that's what's included, then there's the normal battle theme as DLC.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH that makes more sense. Good choice there.

My God I haven't been this hyped for a Squeenix game since the original Dissidia.

Heropon

Thanks to The Man With the Machine Gun I've leveled up my rhythm skills and I've managed to get a medal in Remix 6 of Rhythm Heaven and don't fail in the Remix 8 for the first time in my life.

I've decided to keep my preorder. I'm relying on my love for Final Fantasy and it's music and GAF's impressions to justify my purchase. Pretty excited for this!

King_Moc

Banned
So hyped for this. Love the FF soundtrack and i loved the demo. Are the songs full length, or are the longer ones cut down?

zroid

Banned
Thanks to The Man With the Machine Gun I've leveled up my rhythm skills and I've managed to get a medal in Remix 6 of Rhythm Heaven and don't fail in the Remix 8 for the first time in my life.

Ha, nice! I just finished rhythm heaven, I wonder if the converse will be true when I play this :p

Famassu

Anyone have the complete list of songs without the dlc?
I think this should be all the non-DLC songs.

Final Fantasy

Field Music
Main Theme
Gurgu Volcano

Battle Music
Battle Scene
Chaos Shrine

Event Music
Opening Theme

Special
Prelude
Ending Theme

Final Fantasy II

Field Music
Main Theme

Battle Music
Battle Theme 2

Event Music
The Rebel Army

Special
Prelude
Finale

Final Fantasy III

Field Music
Eternal Wind

Battle Music
Battle 2

Event Music
Elia, the Maiden of Water

Special
Prelude
Ending Theme
Return of the Warrior

Final Fantasy IV

Field Music
Final Fantasy IV Main Theme
Giant's Dungeon

Battle Music
Battle with the Four Fiends
Battle 1

Event Music
Theme of Love

Special
Prelude
Ending Theme

Final Fantasy V

Field Music
Four Hearts
Mambo de Chocobo

Battle Music
Battle at the Big Bridge

Event Music
My Home, Sweet Home

Special
Main Theme of Final Fantasy V
The New Origin

Final Fantasy VI

Field Music
Terra's Theme
Searching for Friends

Battle Music
Decisive Battle
The Fierce Battle
Dancing Mad

Event Music
Celes' Theme

Special
Omen
Ending Theme

Final Fantasy VII

Field Music
Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII
Judgement Day

Battle Music
One-Winged Angel
J-E-N-O-V-A
Those Who Fight

Event Music
Aerith's Theme

Special
Prelude
Staff Roll

Final Fantasy VIII

Field Music
Blue Fields

Battle Music
The Man with the Machine Gun

Event Music
Waltz for the Moon

Special
Overture
Eyes on Me

Final Fantasy IX

Field Music
Over the Hills

Battle Music
Battle 1
Something to Protect

Event Music
Beyond the Door

Special
The Place I'll Return to Someday
Melodies of Life

Final Fantasy X

Field Music
Mi'ihen Highroad

Battle Music
Seymour Battle

Event Music
Suteki Da Ne

Special
To Zanarkand
Suteki da ne -Orchestral Version-

Final Fantasy XI

Field Music
Ronfaure

Battle Music
Awakening

Event Music
Final Fantasy XI Opening Theme

Special
Vana'diel March
Vana'diel March #2

Final Fantasy XII

Field Music
Giza Plains

Battle Music
Clash of Swords

Event Music
Theme of the Empire

Special
Final Fantasy ~FFXII Version~
Ending Movie

Final Fantasy XIII

Field Music
Sunleth Waterscape

Battle Music
Saber's Edge
Blinded By Light

Event Music
Defiers of Fate

Special
Final Fantasy XIII ~The Promise~
Ending Credits

:O Hope they don't skimp out on Battle for Freedom or The Extreme, I want my full 6-9 minute epicness with both of them :3

They may have some sort of in-game limit or something, as none of the long tracks are their full length, not even a shorter one like One Winged Angel.

Also do keep in mind - of the above - the 'Special' tracks aren't actual levels, just music used for intro/ending that you can tap along to the rhythm of. There's no set notes or anything for those. If you want the 'actual' track list, delete the 'Special' category music from there.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Final Fantasy X

Field Music
Mi'ihen Highroad

Battle Music
Seymour Battle

Event Music
Suteki Da Ne

Special
To Zanarkand
Suteki da ne -Orchestral Version-
Sprouting as DLC? No Calm Before the Storm? :/

Battle music isn't Summoned Beast Battle by default (though they picked a good one, so that's cool). Don't care much about Suteki da ne (or any other FF vocal theme that isn't Distant Worlds, for that matter).

I'm a little disappointed more Hamauzu tracks weren't picked since his stuff on that soundtrack were my favourite tracks.

Okay i'm sort of on the fence here but mostly leaning towards getting this, I have a pretty small amount of FF experience but the demo was fun and the series soundtracks praised enough that nostalgia may not be entirely necessary for enjoyment.
See this is the kind of thing that happens when you launch your games at a lower price point.

Heropon

It seems some 'Special' tracks can be played like normal themes, like To Zanarkand.

EDIT: Actually, it seems that the Chaos Shrine mode let's you play some tracks like if they were of other types. In the same video, the event music of FFXIII appears as battle music.

kiryogi

Banned
It seems some 'Special' tracks can be played like normal themes, like To Zanarkand.

EDIT: Actually, it seems that the Chaos Shrine mode let's you play some tracks like if they were of other types. In the same video, the event music of FFXIII appears as battle music.

Actually there are songs that are exclusive to Chaos Shrine, so you can't quite replay it all you want. (Or maybe I haven't unlocked it in encore) but you can replay the setlist if you still have it.

moozoom

I'm not very happy about the character roster ( where are Balthier, Fran or my favorites characters from FFVI ? ) but I liked the Pal demo so I'll probably get this. The fantastic tracks from FFVI and FFXI are worth the buy alone.

I hope the DLC songs are available alone and not in packs, as I don't really want to buy music from games I didn't play ( V ) or that I didn't like (VIII, XIII) as the nostalgic component is quite a big part of the experience.

zroid

Banned
I hope the DLC songs are available alone and not in packs, as I don't really want to buy music from games I didn't play ( V ) or that I didn't like (VIII, XIII) as the nostalgic component is quite a big part of the experience.

that's how it's worked in Japan, so I imagine it will be no different elsewhere. Only questions that remain are when, which, and how much.

moozoom

that's how it's worked in Japan, so I imagine it will be no different elsewhere. Only questions that remain are when, which, and how much.

Cool, I hate buying DLC packs for just one interesting item. The last Soulcalibur made me jaded.

I hope they offer a rebate for the first DLC at release, like they did in japan.

CassSept

Is it weird that I'm indifferent to FF, but this is my most awaited 3DS game? I played the demo and it surprised me, I only need to grab some good screen protectors and will buy Therrathrythm asap!

My most anticipated game this summer. Huge rhythm game fan. I'm hoping one of mom and pop stores here in NYC get the game this weekend.

I'm glad there's no demo in the US (yet). The demo would just kill me and make the wait even longer.

Saw this OT, got momentarily confused, realized it meant TR is only one week away, got incredibly hyped! Cannot wait to lose sleep to this game.

I'm thinking of completing 4-9 again once they turn ps1 support on for vita. Seeing as how some of the nostalgia might be seeing scenes and songs I forgot, should I skip this until I beat them again? Could they be a good lead in?

I've only played each game once long ago.
Fwiw, I made a point of playing I-V right before starting Dissidia a few years back and it definitely helped me enjoy the game more. Having the content of those games fresh in my mind made a difference but YMMV.

TimmiT

Just got an e-mail from the site I ordered the game from that the game has been sent to me, which means I'll probably get it tomorrow. Gotta love broken street dates.

Top Bottom