• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill HD Collection |OT| Programmed in Smoke Signals

You can still see which endings in the other games are "good" or "bad". It's pretty vague in Silent Hill 2, though which is great. There's only one "good" ending depending on how you look at it. I also find it interesting that the one ending in Silent Hill 4, which could be defined as the "worst" ending based on the events that occur, is actually the most fascinating.

Melchiah

You can still see which endings in the other games are "good" or "bad". It's pretty vague in Silent Hill 2, though which is great. There's only one "good" ending depending on how you look at it. I also find it interesting that the one ending in Silent Hill 4, which could be defined as the "worst" ending based on the events that occur, is actually the most fascinating.

What was the "worst" ending of SH4? It's been ages since I played it through, and I can't even remember the ending I got.

Speaking of Ending names in SH2,I vividly recall the very first time I got the "Leave" ending. But it wasn't called Leave at the stat screen. It was called "Walk Away." But every single other time after that when I got that ending, it was called Leave. Strangest thing.

kunonabi

Speaking of Ending names in SH2,I vividly recall the very first time I got the "Leave" ending. But it wasn't called Leave at the stat screen. It was called "Walk Away." But every single other time after that when I got that ending, it was called Leave. Strangest thing.

I had a similar thing happen to me with RE. I rented the original RE and I could have sworn that it had Chris smoking in the intro. It wasn't until later that I was told it had been cut from the American version. Every version since has been smoke free but my memory of it looked exactly the same as the real version.

B-Dex

I had a similar thing happen to me with RE. I rented the original RE and I could have sworn that it had Chris smoking in the intro. It wasn't until later that I was told it had been cut from the American version. Every version since has been smoke free but my memory of it looked exactly the same as the real version.

The OG release in the big box has him smoking on disc. AFAIK they cut it for Director's Cut.

Hey so, I couldn't remember if I already asked this question or not, but thought I'd post anyways to make sure:

I beat SH3 a while back and it told me I unlocked the "show health" extra option. When I go to the extra option menu though, it's not there. Am I just being really dumb, or is this some bug?

Patch coming tomorrow and includes-

• Improved Framerate
• Voice Synch is greatly improved
• Missing sounds have been fixed
• Missing music has been addressed
• Fog density issues are resolved
• Other minor visual/audio improvements

Confirmed by Tomm on SHH.
edit: He specifies the PS3 version, so perhaps there is something up on the 360 version? Does Microsoft have some kind of approval process for patches?

edit 2:
Hey so, I couldn't remember if I already asked this question or not, but thought I'd post anyways to make sure:

I beat SH3 a while back and it told me I unlocked the "show health" extra option. When I go to the extra option menu though, it's not there. Am I just being really dumb, or is this some bug?
It's been a while since I even looked at the show health stuff, but I believe it is just a flashing first aid sign in the corner when you've taken damage. Depending on the time between flashes is how bad you're hurting.

Oh, it's not showing up in the menu? I'm pretty sure it should be in the extras menu, but maybe it is only accessible from the top menu or something? Sorry about that.

Quikies83

Confirmed by Tomm on SHH.
edit: He specifies the PS3 version, so perhaps there is something up on the 360 version? Does Microsoft have some kind of approval process for patches?

Cool. I managed to get through SH2 but SH3 framerate was just atrocious.

This is only the second patch right? Or should I say the first patch as the original one didn't do shit.

Can't wait to see if this patch actually works! Really hope it makes SH3 somewhat playable. Couldn't stand to play it after clearing Hilltop Center. Literally slowed to a crawl.

Edit: Downloading right now(That was quick). Only 348MB hmm.

Can't wait to see if this patch actually works! Really hope it makes SH3 somewhat playable. Couldn't stand to play it after clearing Hilltop Center. Literally slowed to a crawl.

Edit: Downloading right now(That was quick). Only 348MB hmm.

Please report if it makes the games brighter.

Please report if it makes the games brighter.

Don't believe so. Tried SH2 looks like the same brightness. I'm in SH3 right know and it looks the same from what I can remember. Sorry. :[

SH2 still stutters while outside, if it's worse than it was before I can't tell. been months since I played it last. Probably better indoors. Would have to play more than the beginning portion, and I don't have a save file anywhere else.

Loaded up my last SH3 save and the slowdown outside of Hilltop Center is GONE! Now let's see if it stays that way. >:[

Wow, really? I swear that's what I saw on my screen. Took at least 15mins to download. Weird.

Uh, was the fog always blue in the Silent Hill portion of SH3? o_O

Oh so theres a patch now? I've finished playing through SH2 and I'm on SH3 now but the slow downs whenever there are monsters around are pretty bad.

Melchiah

• Improved Framerate
• Voice Synch is greatly improved
• Missing sounds have been fixed
• Missing music has been addressed
• Fog density issues are resolved
• Other minor visual/audio improvements

I just noticed it had been installed automatically. Might finally start playing these, after buying them already in May. =)

Here's what I've noticed so far in Silent Hill 3:

-The shadowing is horrible. I don't know if it was like this before, but I'm noticing it everywhere. Shadows are usually very jaggy and pixelated. Sometimes part of the shadow is missing such as the gun in the clothing store, or the shadow under Douglas' foot.

-The voice-synching is much better now. I've only reached the point where they drive to Silent Hill, but so far all dialogue seems to match their mouth movements.

-There seems to be more fog in the amusement park, but I haven't seen the streets of Silent Hill yet.

-There seem to be some audio glitches and missing sounds, though. For example, the UFO ending does not have music while Heather explains what happened. I also noticed the ambient noise in the amusement park cutting out after a while and did not return. During the rooftop cutscene, the Missionary did not make any noise until it approaches Heather just as it transitions into gameplay.

-The running animation slowdown seems to have been fixed, and the framerate appears to be more stable now. However, I have noticed some stuttering and the screen froze for about two seconds after getting hit by an enemy on the subway train.

-The "noise effect" is more noticeable now, but isn't nearly as apparent as the PS2 version.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Wow, really? I swear that's what I saw on my screen. Took at least 15mins to download. Weird.

Uh, was the fog always blue in the Silent Hill portion of SH3? o_O

Blue? I just reached the hospital in 3, my fog is gray-white.

Persona7

Banned
There are some weird blue artifacts that I remember seeing after the first patch and I remember seeing this on the internet
TETMx.jpg

Jader7777

Banned
Gosh, it seems like this 'patch' is just a way of them saying 'Yep! It's buyable now guys, we fixed it' when in actual fact they just did this

stacy.gif

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
The Rosewater park fog fuckup is fixed, but the water looks really weird, like it had been replaced with a giant slab of concrete. Was it like that in the PS2 version too?

I had blue fog in Silent Hill 3, but I was playing a new game. However, it was an extra new game. I still saw a lot of framerate stuttering and second-long freezes. One time, my game actually did freeze when I got hit by an enemy. Other than that, the voice-synching is much better, but this is still a terrible port.

As for Silent Hill 2:

-There was a bit more fog than before, especially during the Rosewater Park scene. I did see the water "vortex" during the boat ride, though. However, it was more noticeable in cutscene rather than gameplay.

-The voice-synching was improved, and it seems that they altered James' breathing for the new voice-over so that it doesn't sound like sawing a log.

-The first Pyramid Head cutscene was fixed and plays properly.

-I also noticed the horrible shadow effects in this game too. I don't know why they're so jagged.

-Part of the texture for the "Abstract Daddy" boss and "Doormen" enemies disappeared when they died. Their bodies were visible, but the fleshy part of the frame vanished as soon as they hit the ground.

-That weird teeth-thing was still visible in Maria's eye at the end.

-The running animation slow-down was fixed, but I saw a lot more framerate stuttering and slowdown than SH3.

-The sound of blaring horns in the Historical Society has been restored.

Overall, Silent Hill 2 was the lesser of two evils in this collection and that still seems to be the case post-patch.

Locke_211

Quick question. I've not played the Restless Dreams bit of SH2, only the original PS2 game. Is it a section you get to naturally by going through the game, or is it a separate episode you select from a menu?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Fog horn in SH Historical Society is back in, yay. But come to think of it, was that fog horn included as a reference to the disappearance of the 'Little Baroness'?

Top Bottom