• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

elseanio

AC Milan - dschalter, TheLucifer, Fady K
Ajax - Arjen, FeD.nL, Wessiej, Fady K
Arsenal - Anderson, Baconsaurus, Boozeroony, colonisation, DangerousMali, DOBERMAN INC, Dibbz, Freewheelin', Ghouse, Ingeniero, Jason Raize '75 - '04, Judderman, Kweh, Lightning, omgkitty, pix, Plasma, Salvadora, Fady K
Aston Villa - Awesome Animals, rodvik, Wes, Fady K
Athletic Bilbao - sneaky77, Fady K
Barcelona - FootballFan, Messi, OriginalThinking, Verano, Fady K
Bayern Munich- Antioch, Blablurn, elsk, Fry8, Hasphat'sAnts, Hieberrr, kingslunk, Nemic77, spidye, Fady K
Benfica - Andrefpvs, DyonPT, rvy, ThaneKrios, Fady K
Besiktas - besiktas1, Silphatos, Fady K
Blackburn - Jeff Albertson, Fady K
Borussia Dortmund - Phantast2k, Fady K
Celtic - Sage00, Fady K
Chelsea - Fintan, flintstryker, Gaaraz, GQman2121, Help Me!, JWong, Kylehimself, PrematureQuiche, SenorDingDong, steverulez, xintin, Outsanity, TrueBlue, Fady K
Club Deportivo Guadalajara - Regulus Tera, Fady K
Copenhagen - Woodenlung, Fady K
Corinthians - seabee, Fady K
Eintracht Frankfurt - thy_, Fady K
Everton - faridmon, sazabirules, Temrer, Fady K
Fenerbahce - UV-6, Fady K
Fulham - xbhaskarx, Fady K
Hamburger SV - The_Joker, Fady K
Huddersfield Town - Cindres, Fady K
Juventus - .Shodan, Charles, fadetoblack, Rikkun, Shake Appeal, Smeghead, Yurt, Zabojnik, Fady K
Leeds United - amitaiwinehouse, Fady K
Liverpool - Arnie, ATF487, bjaelke, bonesmccoy, CaramaC, Cerebral Assassin, danwarb, Dark Machine, Darth Sonik, DJmizuhara, elseanio, Feorax, Fry8, FuturusX, jamieson87, K444WSR, labadal, Mastadon, MarshMellow96, odd_morsel, operon, PaulLFC, PJX, Seep, severin, Shogun PaiN, Skoptsie, sohois, Vard, Yenrot, Fady K
Malaga - tolkir, Fady K
Man City - BattleMedic, confuziz, dc89, Manager, Meier, Fady K
Man Utd - Ashes1396, BLSwagger10, blurrygil, Brinbe, Cyport, Desmond, doicare, DominoKid, Dynoro, elfinke, Fëanor, Grover Cleveland, Jburton, K1LLER7, kharma45, KidA Seven, LabouredSubterfuge, LanceVance, magnificent83, pappe, pslayer666, Requiem, Salazar, Slizz, Snaku, Stubo, The Friendly Monster, Tim the Wiz, Tunic, Vivalaraza, Wilbury, WJD, yella, Fady K (Fady can't hate)
Newcastle - Carbonox_Ratchet, choodi, Chriswok, JesusTom, Keio, Kyoufu, offshore, Shahed1987 Willkiller, Fady K
New York Red Bulls - Judderman, Fady K
Olympiakos - gate777, Fady K
Palermo - Joe, Fady K
Porto - El Tigre, Letters, RaGe_pt, tonitoni, Fady K
QPR - Polari, Fady K
Reading - immy, Fady K
Real Madrid - Anastacio, bud23, Madridy, MPW, Noirulus, PantyPhantom, Spanish Wrath, Fady K
Schalke 04 - Sveitadurgur, Fady K
Sheffield Wednesday - Mat C, Fady K
Southampton - IamMikeside, Fady K
Sporting CP - BLSwagger10, LFMartins86, Fady K
Sunderland - HixxSAFC, madmackem, The Super Bob, Fady K
Tottenham - Bungieware, Clydefrog, near, NeoTB1, Scum, sefskillz, Ushojax, zomgbbqftw, Fady K

Let me know your team and I'll add you to the list (PM works better than posting in the thread).

HELLO LUCAS.

Also Adorjan is a great player, he's just a number 10 player, he takes to many risks to play in deep central midfield like today.

I know, that's why he'll probably have to leave to fulfil his potential. His skillset is really specific to the role he plays for the reserves, and its a role that not many teams have at the top level

Meier

Is Guidetti a better talent than Welbeck? I'm not sure. I haven't seen that much of Guidetti but Welbeck is a pretty good player already in a top league.

Anyhow what Fergie was actually saying was City WOULDN'T pick a team with young players and United would/do because it's part of the club ethos. Guidetti may well be a good example of that.

I would think Guidetti is a much better prospect than Welbeck but Welbeck has already had a pretty decent scoring record in the EPL so I could be completely off my rocker. I wasn't comparing him to Welbeck though as I took that more as Fergie suggesting that United could play 11 guys who are in the academy/reserves. No doubt that United has a better system in place to promote young talent, but I think in a few years it'll be much closer.

What kind of game has Jack Robinson had lads? He's supposed to be very promising.

He's better than Flanagan right now. Better decision making. Both are pacy and making good ground though.

I know, that's why he'll probably have to leave to fulfil his potential. His skillset is really specific to the role he plays for the reserves, and its a role that not many teams have at the top level

AKA the 'Riquelme' role. And I agree. He could make it, but he needs to broaden his skillset a bit first. Kind of like Lucas did. Morgan is almost the 2nd coming of Fowler. Poaching every chance he gets. Great positioning.

Garjon

Our back line is looking pretty shaky, we keep getting caught in possession.

EDIT: Though that is one of the worst dives I've ever seen

Thats great, can they keep hold of the ball or like most English players do they give it away easily?

Sterling loses the ball a lot, which is to be expected from the type of winger he is

@Mastadon: I kind of agree on Flanagan. If he can cut out the over-agression and occasional clumsiness, he can go on to be second choiuce right-back though (assuming we move Kelly into the centre)

rodvik

Its pretty clear Liverpool is a work in progress. As you would expect this early. Clearly Rodgers is trying to get them to play his way but the muscle memory keeps kicking in and the players drift back into the old style.

Sterling has looked really sharp. Making a big claim early.

Suso's passing ability is fucking ridiculous. The way he spins and weighs it so the ball just sits perfectly for the player to run onto it is exceptional

Meier

Good way to stay at the team, Joe.

Dear Toronto, its a friendly. Diving for a penalty makes you look a bit silly.

When they showed the replay, it looked like his foot just slipped out from underneath him. Probably did hurt a good bit.

Messi

Dropped a bag of milk on my foot and soaked my Kobe Barca sneaks :/ only one foot so now I am walking around work with one shoe on.

Good way to stay at the team, Joe.

I don;t have a clue what we're gonna do with our wings. We can't assume that Sterling will be a reliable option all season, but we could also do with getting Cole's wages off the books, and I'd be happy to sell Downing and reinvest the money on a player with a pair of testicles.

But that'd also be 4 wingers leaving the club, which would leave a fair amount of work to be done in terms of finding, buying and incorporating replacements. I guess Borini has replaced Kuyt, so that leaves Maxi as yet needing replacement.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
lol he's the gift that keeps on giving

Bebe played better today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom