• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Really? I think GB described him as the Brazilian Darren Bent the other night. I've seen
him a fair few times now and he's never really impressed me.

Oh, I didn't know that. Haven't seen much of him to be fair, thought he was highly rated.
Edit: I'd take Adebayor back, sans the big wages.

Meier

If Adebayor won't take a pay cut to play at Spurs, there's no way he'll move to the MLS. Thierry Henry is the highest paid MLS player and he makes $5.6 million per year for the Red Bulls. That's £3.6million per year. Adebayor is currently earning £9.1 million (before bonuses) or $14.2 million.

Joe lol ¬¬

Our reserve keepers are odd. We've had a few who've been good, come close to being made second choice or sent on loan to good clubs and have then fallen apart and started going backwards

proxy.jpg

dat buttchin

Hieberrr

There is absolutely no way that he's going to the MLS unless he receives a lucrative sponsorship deal... which he's not gonna get here in North America. No need to worry.

For a first Europa League qualifying round, maybe.

In terms of preseason I mean, and keeping the tempo up. We're playing really fast and with some really good movement, but that's a but useless if you aim to win and have a 35 yard gap between the centrebacks and the nearest midfielder

Meier

Probably true :lol I don't hear of any highly rated kids come out of City.

City have a good bit of young talent in the EDS but many of them move on since it's hard to find a place in the first team. The new training grounds and academy will make things even better going forward.

Obviously Guidetti is incredibly talented and a better striker prospect than anyone at MUFC. I think we'll see Helan, Rony, Rekik and Suarez become very good footballers. If we sign Nabay, he's expected to do very good things in a few years as well.

City have a good bit of young talent in the EDS but many of them move on since it's hard to find a place in the first team. The new training grounds and academy will make things even better going forward.

Obviously Guidetti is incredibly talented and a better striker prospect than anyone at MUFC. I think we'll see Helan, Rony, Rekik and Suarez become very good footballers. Obviously if we sign Nabay, he's expected to do very good things as well.
Is Guidetti a better talent than Welbeck? I'm not sure. I haven't seen that much of Guidetti but Welbeck is a pretty good player already in a top league.

Anyhow what Fergie was actually saying was City WOULDN'T pick a team with young players and United would/do because it's part of the club ethos. Guidetti may well be a good example of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom