• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Oh really? Is that a stab in the dark or have there been rumours?
Rodgers has said that he has to decide whether he'll send him on loan or not. My personal feeling is that he will, and he'll choose Swansea for two reasons: he'll learn a suitable and applicable style of football, and he'll be used as a token of goodwill after we buy Allen.

bag of milk .

jb0NK5xRQK8wiY_e.jpg

GorillaJu

Suso is spooge worthy.

Liverppol has a long way to go to play the Rodgers style though.

Yeah, Suso and Sterling looked great, but it's clear there still needs to be a lot of work to done to play a fluid passing system to the quality Rodgers would demand.

rodvik

Yeah, Suso and Sterling looked great, but it's clear there still needs to be a lot of work to done to play a fluid passing system to the quality Rodgers would demand.

yeah. Its to be expected though. Very early days. If I was a Liverpool fan I wold be fairly pleased. My only real criticism is (and I know they werent full strength) but the defence got cut open way to easily for my liking.

Arnie

Needs to be noted that our team was 60% youth, 20% second string players and 20% first team. Considering that, and considering how well we held the ball an pressed I'm satisfied.

Add good performances from Suso, Sterling, Aquilani and the return of Lucas and I'm pretty pleased with that.

Mastadon

Banned
Needs to be noted that our team was 60% youth, 20% second string players and 20% first team. Considering that, and considering how well we held the ball an pressed I'm satisfied.

Add good performances from Suso, Sterling, Aquilani and the return of Lucas and I'm pretty pleased with that.

No love for Jonjo? Thought he was excellent tonight, everything seemed to go through him.

Arnie

No love for Jonjo? Thought he was excellent tonight, everything seemed to go through him.
Yes, and it's more than telling that I forget to credit him because his good performances rarely surprise me anymore. Great young player.
Can we expect Suso and Sterling getting playtime this season? Maybe in the Europa League.
Like I say, my personal feeling is Sterling will go out on loan, and after tonight's performance I don't see how Rodgers can't be wildly excited about Suso.

I think we'll see enough from both in a first team capacity this season. Their days in reserve teams are nearly over, like Shelvey they've surpassed that level, clearly.

elseanio

Our youth setup has been possession play for the past couple of seasons which helps.

Slizz

FUCK CAN I CLEAN THESE

I was wearing Dry Fit socks. My feet are now dry damn you Nike.

Dunno what products you got where you are but any multipurpose kitchen or bathroom cleaner will do, like Lysol or 409. Just make sure its multipurpose. That or a Mr. Clean Magic eraser.

EDIT: and you can wash the shoelaces in cold water and let them air dry.

GorillaJu

Jonjo was good, but the one who impressed me the most was Spearing. He made pass after pass after pass - many of them with a near-perfect accuracy and weight. Pacheco was good to watch in the first half, but despite all his work he seemed to be operating in a two man team (Enrique + Pacheco). He tried to involve others, but never quite came off. Was at his best just dribbling around defenders.

Aquilani didn't do much and Joe Cole did even less. Charlie Adam neither here nor there.

Keeping in mind that he's 16, I think Ibe has some promise. He's obviously following very simple instructions (BEAT THE FUCKING FULLBACK!), but he keeps the ball really close to his feet. It's impressive.

Meh. Sterling and Suso! Let's not lose those little fuckers.

Messi

Dunno what products you got where you are but any multipurpose kitchen or bathroom cleaner will do, like Lysol or 409. Just make sure its multipurpose. That or a Mr. Clean Magic eraser.

Like a spray? Shit smells like milk yuck.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Caceres might have knee ligament damage.
Ytd2F.gif
Ytd2F.gif
Ytd2F.gif

Why the fuck did they pick that minefield to host this silly cup?
Ytd2F.gif
Ytd2F.gif
We're going back to Turin with three injuries now
Ytd2F.gif
Ytd2F.gif

Yep. I also think he will go to Juventus. Would rather he goes there anyway!
I have reasons to think it's because of me. I'm a Feyenoord supporter and he goes there. After that I start to get interested in Arsenal and he goes there. This season I started following Juve matches and he might go there.

I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
On the bright side...

A match was hosted to help support the reconstruction of the areas hit by March-11 earthquake and tsunami.

610x.jpg

x610.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

That's Nakamura right?

Mastadon

Banned
Morsel reminded me as well, needs to be said, Spearing was really good.

Thought he did quite well too. I still don't think he's good enough for this level though. I'd be very concerned if he's the only legitimate DM cover we have at the end of this transfer window.

Arnie

I didn't catch the first half. Worth watching the repeat tomorrow?
Lots of possession, little penetration. Eccleston's the worst player I've ever seen in a Liverpool first team shirt, but apart from that there's good glimpses across the pitch. Ibe was lively, attacking the fullback, perhaps a bit too earnestly at times, and like I say, Spearing was good. I'd watch it back.

Thought he did quite well too. I still don't think he's good enough for this level though. I'd be very concerned if he's the only legitimate DM cover we have at the end of this transfer window.
I agree, sadly. After his tackling in today's game, I wouldn't be against trying Jonjo out in the DM role.

Clegg

"I don’t think the club will choose a young manager because it is a job that demands experience. The future is absolutely solid. If you look at the team I could play all under 22 or 23, De Gea, Rafael, Smalling, Jones, Evans. Cleverley, Powell, Chicharito, Lingard, Welbeck, Kagawa. These players will become the United team for the next three or four years. It would not be a daunting prospect to follow me."
Theres the value talk guys.

Expect no new signings.

:(

K1LLER7

Worked well when Evra said that to Nasri...

I do hope we don't get Moura, I think he's overpriced for his age and what he has achieved although chances are I'll end up regretting.
Lol nothing's going well for Evra.

After seeing his little spell against GB, I hope we get him signed. Think He's gonna end up as a world class player no matter where he goes. Just hope that's at United.

Lightning

Banned
I think £20-25m is the minimum we will get for him. Sucks I know, but hey, he's been disrespectble to the fans and Wenger so screw him.
Because of RVP's age and history Arsenal have a bit of power over him though. If they force him to play the last year of his contract he will need to have another stellar season in order to achieve the big paycheck that we wants. If he has a poor season, gets injured etc... he will not get any big deal due to his age and injury record. RVP needs to be very careful how he goes about this.

I personally now want him gone and for us to get the best price so we can to reinvest into the squad. Ive lost all paitence with this disrespectful punk.

Abit bit of pressure coming up for Giroud and we'll see how he goes.

dc89

Probably true :lol I don't hear of any highly rated kids come out of City.

City's average age was lower in the last derby. So ironic consideringing Scholes came out of retirement.

And SO deleicious considering Pogba left. So come on Fergie, put your money where your mouth is and let's see what happens.

Clegg

City's average age was lower in the last derby. So ironic consideringing Scholes came out of retirement.

And SO deleicious considering Pogba left. So come on Fergie, put your money where your mouth is and let's see what happens.

I don't think you've actually understood what Ferguson said.

Arnie

Theres the value talk guys.

Expect no new signings.

:(

I don't agree with that quote at all. It'll take a serious amount of work to turn that squad listed into a team capable of fulfilling the lofty demands put on the club by it's worldwide fan base. I don't doubt Ferguson's ability to do it, but I think if a manager took over in one to two years he's still got an enormous job on his hands, considering that squad'll still be fairly young.

I like how the quote implies his reign's nearly over, and the transition has already begun in some respects.

GorillaJu

... ?

Fry

LULZ

dc89

Looking at the Glazer comments too. Man it's pissed a few people off!

"After 25+ years of contrasting emotions under SAF, the old duffers comments are a slap in the face to loyal supporters. He's now dead to me."

And of course a blue view;

"Alex? Joel Glazer here. This IPO is going down like a turd in a swimming pool. Go out and say something good about us." "Aye, I'm on it."

And if anyone (Fergie or otherwise) thinks that £500m could not have improved United, well words fail me.

Good Night!

The pic before reminded me to ask. Is Kool aid nice? I keep meaning to eBay some to try it

Oh and I got in a strop before and threw my iPhone its super fucked now

Clegg

Looking at the Glazer comments too. Man it's pissed a few people off!

"After 25+ years of contrasting emotions under SAF, the old duffers comments are a slap in the face to loyal supporters. He's now dead to me."

And of course a blue view;

"Alex? Joel Glazer here. This IPO is going down like a turd in a swimming pool. Go out and say something good about us." "Aye, I'm on it."

dc, are you actually quoting from the Daily Mail comments section?

smh

Arnie

I'd love to join in the United doom and gloom parade, but today I saw Kagawa stylin'. They could be in the process of being taken over by a Greek accountant and it'd still be hard to suppress the raw optimism expelled by Shinji Kagawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom