• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Oh great Pepe is out....

Well, I'm out too. Gonna pour myself a glass of ...

mirkomontenegro.png

... and then I'm gone. Nite everybody.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well, I'm out too. Gonna pour myself a glass of ...

http://shrani.si/f/3g/PT/4mysK2oN/mirkomontenegro.png[img]

... and then I'm gone. Nite everybody.[/QUOTE]

Hahah night!

Edit: What the fuck! Vucinic too?

edit:2 AND CACERES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks fucking serious as well..

Hieberrr

Johnson has feet made of cinder blocks haha. Extremely poor touches. I really hope he works on that in the coming years.

Garjon

Good play from Enrique, definite handball too but outside the box. Not sure why the ref didn't give a FK for that.

Ecclestone taking up all the wrong positions when Pacheco's on the ball

He's being mentioned as one of the players that's meant to be making his way soon. Never saw much in him.

Also reading the ticker on the official site, I can see that we've apparently had 75% of the ball so far. Does anyone get the feeling that Liverpool's evangelists are really going to make that 'we had the better possession' shit feel pretty fucking rote come May 2013?

Meier

I'm not sure if you guys are hearing it in the UK but some dude at the LFC-TFC match is screaming, heard him drop an f bomb a minute or so ago. Dunno if it's a fan or a coach or what but I got a chuckle out of it.

Mastadon

Banned
He's being mentioned as one of the players that's meant to be making his way soon. Never saw much in him.

Also reading the ticker on the official site, I can see that we've apparently had 75% of the ball so far. Does anyone get the feeling that Liverpool's evangelists are really going to make that 'we had the better possession' shit feel pretty fucking rote come May 2013?

No you're thinking of Meus.

Garjon

I'm not sure if you guys are hearing it in the UK but some dude at the LFC-TFC match is screaming, heard him drop an f bomb a minute or so ago. Dunno if it's a fan or a coach or what but I got a chuckle out of it.

Never watched an Everton match?

EDIT: Goddamn Charlie Adam with the ridiculous long passes

Mastadon

Banned
Poor guy. He's just passionate is all!

Is there a legitimate reason why Pacheco has never got in the side?

There was a lot of talk about him being homesick and not settling in England well. Now he's a bit older, hopefully less of an issue.

Second half should be fun with Suso, Sterling and Morgan.

sohois

Nope. He's had Riera, Babel, Benayoun, Maxi and Downing ahead of him, and that's hardly a list of brilliant wingers. Hasn't even played many Carling Cup matches

Pacheco did make his debut under Rafa, but he was very young at the time and not ready for the first team. It was widely expected that he would get a lot more game time in 10/11, but then lol hodgson. Kenny sent him out on loan to Norwich and Rayo Vallenco(sp?).

Feorax

Nope. He's had Riera, Babel, Benayoun, Maxi and Downing ahead of him, and that's hardly a list of brilliant wingers. Hasn't even played many Carling Cup matches

If he can give us an option on the left of the front 3 this season then that's a massive bonus for us.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Adebayor watched the Red Bulls play today, and on his Facebook there is a picture of him signing a document. He says his future club will be announced very soon. I hope he is there to meet up with the Spurs boys who flew out today. If he's signing for an MLS team then that's pathetic.

When you put it like that... It's nuts really.

There was a lot of talk about him being homesick and not settling in England well. Now he's a bit older, hopefully less of an issue.

Second half should be fun with Suso, Sterling and Morgan.

Wouldn't have blamed him if he'd left to be honest. I guess if he gets into the side we should get a few seasons out of him before Barca table a paltry £5 mil bid and put a Tello sob story - a plea to Liverpool to give his 'bezzie' back to him - in the papers.

Amazingly, I've never seen much of Sterling. Is there more to him than 'gotta go fast'?

Wouldn't have blamed him if he'd left to be honest. I guess if he gets into the side we should get a few seasons out of him before Barca table a paltry £5 mil bid and put a Tello sob story - a plea to Liverpool to give his 'bezzie' back to him - in the papers.

Amazingly, I've never seen much of Sterling. Is there more to him than 'gotta go fast'?

Much more. Unlike Walcott, the ball sticks to his feet. He's basically another John Barnes.

Mastadon

Banned

Sterling's control is fantastic, dribbles very well. Can put in a decent cross and looks like he has goals in him too.

Salvadora

Adebayor watched the Red Bulls play today, and on his Facebook there is a picture of him signing a document. He says his future club will be announced very soon. I hope he is there to meet up with the Spurs boys who flew out today. If he's signing for an MLS team then that's pathetic.

You'll be in a dire position regarding strikers if he does.

That is a very exciting lineup

Sterling, Suso, Shelvey, Adorjan and Robinson are great prospects. Adorjan may have to move elsewhere though to reach his potential

jtb

Banned
I know it'd be lol-worthy to see Adebayor come to the states, but it'd be great to see a world class player who's still in their prime play in the MLS... would do a lot for the game I think and certainly would help with homegrown development of American players.

having said that, I really can't envision a scenario where Adebayor doesn't sign for Spurs.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Damiao says hi!

I hope not, he's crap. If we can't get Ade on the cheap it will be a disaster, we can't afford to buy two decent strikers plus a Modric replacement at non-discount prices.

Hieberrr

Alaba to be out for 6-8 weeks due to a stress fracture in his foot. Man, bad news. I liked Alaba last year, so it sucks that he's gonna miss a bunch of matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom