• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Salsa

SALES DONE!

e22e35aa53863fbbf964896e2c55aa99.gif

------

iFAfbya3s5Xbe.png
mole_popout1.gif

***LAST DAY HIDDEN DEALS HERE:***

Daily Deals:

ixnVoQ5Drn9Y9.PNG

Yesterday's Dailies (still available to buy for a limited time in case you missed them)

iYqgBu6ZIXmFX.PNG

current Flash Deals/Poll/Last poll winner (currently discounted)

sale.png
BN8Yq.png

<- Spreadsheet made by gaffer Drizzle, open for everyone to edit and keep track of the flash deals!

and be sure to check out:

Summer Sale wallpapers (click for 1920x1080):

In order of days from first to last (updated daily)

cyqSk.gif

by Fuzzy

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

as The_Technomancer once said:

Tips:
  • Search other regions of the Steam store by adding'?cc=uk', '?cc=us', '?cc=fr' at the end of Steam's address.
  • You can spread the payments over multiple credit cards by adding money from each card/ account to your steam wallet:
    1)Log into the client
    2)Click on '.... account' at the top right corner of the page
    3)Click 'add funds to Steam wallet'
  • If you are charged twice for a purchase, DO. NOT. FILE. A. CHARGEBACK! Work with Valve directly to fix the issue.

LovingSteam's (RIP) corner:
What is Steam:

A digital distribution, digital rights management, multiplayer and communications platform developed by Valve Corporation. It is used to distribute games and related media online, from small independent developers to larger software houses. Steam also has community features, automated game updates, and in-game voice and chat functionality.

As of 2011, there are over 1,500 + games available through Steam. In January 2010 Valve claimed that it had surpassed 25 million active user accounts. Although Valve never releases sales figures, Steam is estimated to have a 70% share of the digital distribution market for video games.

Many major publishers have catalogs on Steam, including Electronic Arts, Activision, 2K Games, Ubisoft, THQ, Sega, Codemasters, id Software, LucasArts, Capcom, Rockstar Games, Square Enix, Microsoft, and Bethesda Softworks.
Quote:
Security-
1. Verify Email
2. Steam Guard-Within steam go to Steam> Settings> Manage Steam Gaurd>Keep account guarded by Steam Guard. For more info go here
3. Fishing Attempts- Valve will NEVER email you with sales or include a link that requires you log in. Its a phishing scam. Don't fall for it.

FAQ-
How do I contact Steam support?
Steam Support
Is my support account the same as my Steam account? 
No. Your Steam, Steam Forums, and Steam Support accounts are all different
Is there offline mode?
Yes, from within the client click on 'Steam' and then select 'Go offline'. You will have to store your log in information and periodically (every 30 days?) go online to verify files.
How can I add a non Steam game to the client?
Go to 'GAMES' and click on 'Add a non-Steam game to library'

Remember you can also pay with PayPal

Real FAQ

• Should I buy [game] now or wait for the last day in case it becomes a cheaper, daily deal?

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

• Should I buy [game] now or wait for the last day in case it becomes a cheaper, daily deal?

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

Things that will happen:
  • People will buy things before they go on a daily and then bitch about how they should have waited.
  • People will ask if said game is going to get any cheaper or that if he/she should just buy it now.
  • People will bitch about how the sales are shit just because every game on discount is a game they already own.
  • People will ask if there will be a recap on the last day even thought it has happened everytime, ever.
  • People will ignore the info in this OP.
  • People will be very happy and get great games at a great price.

If any of these things happen you're entitled to quote and laugh.

Useful Sites:

For better browsing on the different store prices (depending on region) you can always use SteamPrices

For better browsing of every game on sale at the moment I recommend using SteamGameSales (great to find the cheapest sale-long discounts)

Users that are willing to help by gifting (in exchange of the proper value sent through paypal) games from other, cheaper regions:

NOTE: keep in mind that paypal fees might turn up during the exchange. If this is the case it is encouraged for the user being helped to take care of them (you can ussually get around it by sending something like 2 extra bucks)

us.gif
Cloudius12

us.gif
wilflare

us.gif
xenoflux2113

us.gif
Firehead

us.gif
Krappadizzle

europeanunion.png
elkayes

europeanunion.png
ASilva

europeanunion.png
Des0lar

au.png
Sutton Dagger

gb.png
milesdm

gb.png
PrematureQuiche

gb.png
BlazeGaj

***UPDATING AS WE GO***

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Good lord.

Who's up for another 400 pages?

Scores from the previous game:
QqFlT.png

Wok

Less than 24 hours remaining.

To sum up the sales for me: 35&#8364; for 7 games and 3 DLC.
dkyqU.png

To recall what was at stake in the previous thread:
00111111 01011000 00000011 01100100 10001001 10101110 00101110 01000101 01110001 11100100 00011101 11000101 10101011 00001011 11111010 01010111
Just quote me with the decrypted message and you will get a free game of your choice for 10&#8364; or less.
It's a bit trickier than just to convert it to ascii, but it shouldn't be to hard to figure it out.
And try to be quick about it, i leave for gothenburg early tomorrow morning and don't know if i'll be able to check up on GAF after that.
Just to clarify a few things, the end product is a sentence and there's no ascii needed at all.
Finally, one attempt in Python, which attempted to convert to ascii, before the hint above was given.

LuffyZoro

You'll eventually end up regretting not buying Bastion right away; this is something I know for a fact!

It's like $3, that's nothing!

You'll eventually end up regretting not buying Portal 2 right away; this is something I know for a fact!

It's like $5, that's nothing!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ladies and gentlemen...! I might as-well get this out of the way:

4VYys.png

mneuro

Chrysalis, would you suggest I start with Witcher 1 or is Witcher 2 worth the $15 without having played part 1?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008G0ZVLE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

BUY THIS PACKAGE! *does not work for amazon*
for $20 you get:
Crusader Kings II [Download]

2. Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack [Online Game Code]

3. Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack [Online Game Code]

4. Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC [Online Game Code]

5. Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC [Online Game Code]

6. Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC [Online Game Code]

7. Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC [Online Game Code]

8. Magicka Collection [Download]

9. Magicka: The Stars Are Left DLC [Online Game Code]

10. Majesty 2 Collection [Online Game Code]

11. Majesty Gold - HD [Online Game Code]

12. Victoria II [Online Game Code]

13. Warlock: Master of the Arcane [Download]

iNvid02

i was in the middle of replying =O

That Ubi DRM is a huge boner killer. Otherwise I would have nabbed it. I just dont want to support shit like that, even at a cheap price. Maybe I'm just being ridiculous.

their DRM has definitely been toned down for retail copies, but i think some games bought elsewhere (like on steam) still have the older obtrusive DRM.

still, i thought HAWX 2 kicked ass, $4.99 is a good deal

I'll re-post this from the other thread...

jaundicejuice said:
So do the Commando's games work on Windows 7/64bit machines? I'm eyeing the Commando's Complete bundle but maybe that's something I should get off of GoG instead.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You'll eventually end up regretting not buying Portal 2 right away; this is something I know for a fact!

It's like $5, that's nothing!
There's a difference! I've played its predecessor and there's no such thing for Bastion!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
New thread, yay!

I like how in 10 days I managed to amass a sizable PC backlog. And I've only had a decent PC for like two weeks. :lol

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
So anyway, Yoshi, buy Portal 2 or we aren't friends.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I got that deleted video bug where it keeps coming back every half hour or so. They're never going to fix that, are they

I saw someone giving the last badge/voting everyday to another player in the Summer Camp Steam Chat.

Is it really possible to do?

Chrysalis

Chrysalis, would you suggest I start with Witcher 1 or is Witcher 2 worth the $15 without having played part 1?

Start with 1- there are story elements and characters from the first game that play into the second. And both are terrific, though they have entirely different combat systems.

ImRight

Did i go overboard? cause my wallet's kinda sore... >.< But everytime i saw -%75 i was like.... DAT PRICE

Payday: The Heist
Borderlands GOTY
Bulletstorm
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
FarCry 2
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Sniper Elite V2
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (ROW)
The Longest Journey
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Terraria
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
The Binding Of Isaac
Torchlight II Pre-Order 4-pack
Just Cause 2
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
Stacking
Company of Heroes Gold
GTA IV Complete Bundle
Metro 2033 All Languages Comp
PixelJunk Eden
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition
Dear Esther
Fallout 3 - Game of the Year
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
Bastion
Vessel
Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack
Trine 2
Serious Sam 3 BFE
The Walking Dead
Magicka Complete Pack (June 2012)
Qube
Prince of Persia Complete Pack
Dead Island Complete
The Witcher 2 (AU)
Left 4 Dead 2
Plants vs. Zombies
Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (Stand-alone)
Assassin's Creed Revelations

~$300 :-/ ohhh the shame ....... Sry to repost but i hit the 3rd last post didnt think anyone would see it Just wanna see if anyone else did this, or if it was like a First time steam sale reaction :D

Salsa

ah damn.. as I said yesterday I was making an OT with non-highlighted deals and whatnot but I guess i'll scrap that since this OP's gonna loose all the momentum soon

Top Bottom