• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

legacyzero

Banned
i was in the middle of replying =O

their DRM has definitely been toned down for retail copies, but i think some games bought elsewhere (like on steam) still have the older obtrusive DRM.

still, i thought HAWX 2 kicked ass, $4.99 is a good deal
DAMMIT iNvidious!

Get that pretty shit out of here! I'm supposed to have PRINCIPLES! *check bank account balance*

MRORANGE

their DRM has definitely been toned down for retail copies, but i think some games bought elsewhere (like on steam) still have the older obtrusive DRM.

do you use a flightstick ? I got HAWX one and was wondering if the experience was better with it.

Sober

How is the DLC? It was 7.50$ until now so 5$ might be a good price to buy it at. Also want to try Wings of Prey for some reason.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So is this is for the sales now?
Was hoping for something more exciting for the last day, was also hoping for the ME and Fallout games to be on some crazy sale but I must have missed them if they were.

Piano

Banned
6ab6f.jpg

THANKS ROBOKITTYZILLA!

Now to find a way to return the kindness....

Tambini

Serious Sam 3
Saints Row 3
Fallout 3
Back to the Future
Trine 2
Super Street Fighter 4 AE
Renegade Ops
YS Origin
Walking Dead
Dead Rising 2 OTR
Sim City 4
Dragon Age Origins
Krater

Total (I think) £51.24

Salsa

No I need that to spend more money.

Why won't you let me waste money Salsa.

Alright i'll edit it into this OP I guess but blah

I was in the process of contacting a mod as well to not open this yet :p talked to stumpokapow but he's in the middle of moving so he couldnt help me

Think I've decided to skip on Skyrim for now, seeing as it's not going to drop under $40, and there's a lot of cheaper games I could get instead. Sounds like a more reasonable decision, and it sounds like a game I need to wait on until after I upgrade my PC.

Cheddahz

Banned
Actually, I think Yoshichan should buy me Bastion!

Just kidding, you don't have to, I'll probably cave in and buy it

feel

I already have everything decent that's on sale right now, but my addiction to buying is making me look at terrible shit like SC Conviction as prospective purchases... ugh

I wonder if it's safe to buy the normal deals now or if there will be some flash surprises.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
New thread! My nipples are ready hahahahaha

Anyway I think I'll be getting that funny Might and Magic game. What about that cheap Jagged Alliance game?

Caerith

Reply from other thread...

The problem with recap days is that it kills incentive for people to follow the sale and encourages them to hold off until the last day, rather than spreading out the traffic. (I can't imagine the hit the servers take on a recap day is a good thing.)

I don't know, man. I actually liked following the Flash Sales and seeing what popped up, and I'm not feeling the complaints from people. But that's just me.
Recap days were always a gamble, there's still plenty of incentive to follow the daily deals. I think the complaints against flash sales are plenty valid. And, besides, what's the point of having a game up as a flash sale twice when it was also up as a community choice and a daily deal? It kills incentive for people to buy it the first three times and encourages them to hold off until the fourth time it's up.

Fireblend

Banned
Yoshi, after witnessing your love for Bastion I thought we could be friends. I thought we had something. But your lack of appreciation for the masterpiece that is Portal 2 is disappointing, and a fatal blow to what could have been. My heart lies in ruins thanks to your utter disregard for having fun.

ImRight

Alright Looking for a suggestion for a game to run a little giveaway for........ any suggestions for a game, Up to $6/7 Usd ?

Lain

So this is what I bought:

Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012) 8,99 EUR
Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition 4,99 EUR
Bastion + Soundtrack DLC 5,98 EUR
Batman 1 and 2 and Gotham City Impostors Bundle 22,49 EUR
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate 9,99 EUR
Just Cause 2 4,99 EUR
Mirror's Edge 2,49 EUR
MI:SE Bundle 3,74 EUR
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale 3,74 EUR
Red Faction Guerrilla 2,49 EUR
Risen 4,99 EUR
Ys Origin 6,39 EUR
Saints Row: The Third - Season Pass DLC Pack 3,49 EUR
Saints Row: The Third - Shark Attack Pack DLC 0,36 EUR
Saints Row: The Third - Steelport Gangs Pack 0,61 EUR
Saints Row: The Third - Money Shot Pack 0,36 EUR
Saints Row: The Third - Invincible Pack DLC 0,61 EUR
Saints Row: The Third - FUNTIME! Pack 0,61 EUR
Saints Row: The Third - Witches and Wieners Pack 0,61 EUR
Saints Row: The Third - Penthouse Pack 0,61 EUR
Saints Row: The Third - Genki Girl Pack 2,49 EUR
Saints Row: The Third - Z Style Pack 0,36 EUR
Saints Row: The Third - Explosive Combat Pack 0,36 EUR
Saints Row: The Third - Warrior Pack 0,61 EUR
Two Worlds II Bundle 9,99 EUR

Gift for a friend:
MI:SE Bundle 3,74 EUR

There is also the stuff I got off Amazon.com that redeemed on Steam:

Binary Domain $9.99
Borderlands Game of the Year Edition $7.49
Bully: Scholarship Edition $7.49
X-COM: Collection $2.99
THQ Action Pack $14.99
- Darksiders (which I gave away, already had it)
- Metro 2033
- Nexuiz
- Red Faction Armageddon
- Red Faction: Armageddon - Path to War DLC
- Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

Total: 142-3 €

All in all, spent way too much and, stupidly enough, I'm still considering a last purchase tomorrow for a couple of adventures bundles (Lucasarts Adventure Pack and The Blackwell Bundle) and Analogue (just finished playing Digital: a love story and it was great).
Alpha Protocol will have to wait until the next time for sure, though.

Top Bottom