• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

I'm a believer now. This album is POPTASTIC.

23586.jpg

Bless Xenomania and Girls Aloud *.*

Aguila

#ICONIC
So that my research for this list doesn't go to waste, I've decided to make album collages for each month. I think I'll post each one on the first day of their respective month (September is going to be huge!). Since I obviously missed the first day of August, I'll post this now.

August Album Releases
Click on the album for more details. You will either be directed to the artist's official website, or, if the artist's website is incredibly janky and broken, you will be sent to Amazon's preview. Release date is indicated in the small black box.

Bladenic

So that my research for this list doesn't go to waste, I've decided to make album collages for each month. I think I'll post each one on the first day of their respective month (September is going to be huge!). Since I obviously missed the first day of August, I'll post this now.

August Album Releases
Click on the album for more details. You will either be directed to the artist's official website, or, if the artist's website is incredibly janky and broken, you will be sent to Amazon's preview. Release date is indicated in the small black box.

Nice work. I love the Owl City cover.

royalan

Not Xtina's fault if the magazine sucks. She looks flawless on that cover. Definitely not like a "Before" shot for a Proactive skin care ad like SOME people's faves.

Wk9Bi.gif

EDIT:

Also, let's hope that Gaga's lagging star power manages to pull a fast-one and bring in some sales for Vogue, because lord knows it didn't work for Harper's Bazaar last year:

However, when Lady Gaga graced Harper's Bazaar in October sans makeup, the issue performed poorly at the newsstand; it was Harper's Bazaar's third worst of the year.

HDMDI.jpg

#poordat
iblHnqdNQEJpVX.gif

Bladenic

I already addressed that

tumblr_m8il5n2KOc1qjsp4bo1_500.gif

Well when you look at it objectively it's a bigger flop than Katy's. Katy looks like a fucking avatar and who even gives a fuck about Teen Vogue. On the other hand Demo's looks good (for her anyway) and its a magazine specifically targeting teenage girls. Not even they care about her LOL

Nemesis_

I have a CHALLENGE to SPICE THINGS UP or POPGAF maybe since this thread is full of nothign but shade at this point ;_;

ALL OF YOU could nominate ONE ALBUM from UR FAVE for me to LISTEN IN FULL to and REVIEW.

I will do it as quickly as possible and will be HONEST, OPEN and SUBJECTIVE.

the things I'll do ;_;

VUXZP.jpg

RECEIPTS
COLOURS is the opening track and from the moment it hits you just know where the band hails from. The weird mix of tambourine sounding instruments and beats makes it quite danceable but at the same time it makes all these songs sound EXACTLY the same. Also, despite the song being named Colours I don't think I heard that word right (was the song meant to be called RADIO cos I think I heard that about forty two times throughout the whole song).

TU ME DAS is weirdly a little bit more listenable from that point, which is BIZARRE because it's the only song I actually DON'T UNDERSTAND. The song itself lacks that signature European sound that I've come to expect from this kind of music, but generally speaking it's boring and basic with the SAME LYRICS looping over and over again. I can't even see myself jamming to this at a club, it's so boring.

LOVE is the third track on the album and thus far every song has had a unique sound, which is quite nice and has already exceeded my expectations. I really like the hook for some reason (OH OH OH OH OHOHOHOHOHOO *.*) Overall this song wasn't offensive but it wasn't terrible either.

Party All Night Long gives me strong YOLANDA BE COOL teas, but made even more messy by blending it with some generic Eurotrash rift and some terribly autotued vocals. Despite this OBVIOUS lack in quality, the track is quite, errr, enjoyable. But I could see it getting old fast. DAT RAP INTERLUDE is awful tbh.

Sufletul zambea is one of those songs where I think they're trying to be all DEEP AND HEARTFELT but most of the meaning is lost because I have no idea what they're saying.

The vocals on Papi Chulo are particularly annoying at the opening of the song, despite being more and more unique then the rest of the album thus far. It descends into the same kind of incomprehensible EUROTRASH noise kind of sound as it progresses though. I don't mind the interludes of the guys yelling to break up the annoying vocalists lyrics, but otherwise this song does hardly anything for me. It strikes this weird balance between a club song (that I wouldn't jam to) and a normal "at-home song" (that I wouldn't ever want to listen to)

Another one of those songs I enjoy for the beat / rhythm despite not knowing anything they are saying Te Quiero is a fast paced and upbeat dance track that I actually like quite a bit. Sure it sounds like the REST OF THIS ALBUM but it does something just right that makes it much more listenable than anything else so far, maybe it's the vocals and the faster tempo?

I got excited because Europarty was the first song I came across that had a music video so I was hoping it was some of the album's stronger material. Thankfully, I seem to have been right - the song makes great use of trumpets, trombones and saxophones to give it a Europop feel without sounding to generic. This one also gives me Yolanda Be Cool teas but it feels more unique, upbeat and energetic. I can deinitely see the appeal in this one.

Zaleilah is seemingly the most popular as most videos exist for it. It's obvious and annoying how similar these songs all sound though. ;_; I've actually heard this song before, which is quite a good song. An inoffensive song with some replayability. I really like the video *.*

Gimme Some More is a cool song - it's cruisy and the lyrics are simple yet infectious. It's kind of weird how different this song is from the rest of the album, if I had to make comparisons it's kind of like how "Eh Eh" is on The Fame. The fact I had this in my head for the listening of the rest of my album gives credence to how catchy it is ;_;.

The opening of Dame Dame was quite exciting but then it degenerates into relentlessly trashy Europop. I've heard this kind of stuff before, heck I've heard this kind of stuff before ON THIS ALBUM. For some reason this one ANNOYS ME even more.

DAME CALOR is quite good and life giving dnt he FINAL SONG in this albumm! agaag
Haha lol

bagm1.jpg

Overall the album is pretty OKAY, much better than I was expecting however there are too many samey tracks that just don't appeal to my NON ROMANIAN ideals.'

COMING UP NEXT:

417JbacN5lL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

QUADRON for Jo Shishido's Cheeks

The challenge is still open, feel free to submit and ALBUM FROM UR FAVE for REVIEW.

royalan

4 flop singles? Huh? Only flop from BTW was Marry The Night.

Besides BTW, the only single to chart within the Top 5 was "Edge of Glory" - and it took the might of Google and the death of Clarence Clemons to keep it from dropping right off the chart immediately after. A success to be sure - if we were talking small fry. But a far cry from the projected success of the BTW project overall.

Heck, the fact Gaga gave Harper's one of it's highest selling covers in 2011 only to follow up with it's lowest selling just a few months later is telling.

Bladenic

VUXZP.jpg

RECEIPTS

COLOURS is the opening track and from the moment it hits you just know where the band hails from. The weird mix of tambourine sounding instruments and beats makes it quite danceable but at the same time it makes all these songs sound EXACTLY the same. Also, despite the song being named Colours I don't think I heard that word right (was the song meant to be called RADIO cos I think I heard that about forty two times throughout the whole song).

TU ME DAS is weirdly a little bit more listenable from that point, which is BIZARRE because it's the only song I actually DON'T UNDERSTAND. The song itself lacks that signature European sound that I've come to expect from this kind of music, but generally speaking it's boring and basic with the SAME LYRICS looping over and over again. I can't even see myself jamming to this at a club, it's so boring.

LOVE is the third track on the album and thus far every song has had a unique sound, which is quite nice and has already exceeded my expectations. I really like the hook for some reason (OH OH OH OH OHOHOHOHOHOO *.*) Overall this song wasn't offensive but it wasn't terrible either.

Party All Night Long gives me strong YOLANDA BE COOL teas, but made even more messy by blending it with some generic Eurotrash rift and some terribly autotued vocals. Despite this OBVIOUS lack in quality, the track is quite, errr, enjoyable. But I could see it getting old fast. DAT RAP INTERLUDE is awful tbh.

Sufletul zambea is one of those songs where I think they're trying to be all DEEP AND HEARTFELT but most of the meaning is lost because I have no idea what they're saying.

The vocals on Papi Chulo are particularly annoying at the opening of the song, despite being more and more unique then the rest of the album thus far. It descends into the same kind of incomprehensible EUROTRASH noise kind of sound as it progresses though. I don't mind the interludes of the guys yelling to break up the annoying vocalists lyrics, but otherwise this song does hardly anything for me. It strikes this weird balance between a club song (that I wouldn't jam to) and a normal "at-home song" (that I wouldn't ever want to listen to)

Another one of those songs I enjoy for the beat / rhythm despite not knowing anything they are saying Te Quiero is a fast paced and upbeat dance track that I actually like quite a bit. Sure it sounds like the REST OF THIS ALBUM but it does something just right that makes it much more listenable than anything else so far, maybe it's the vocals and the faster tempo?

I got excited because Europarty was the first song I came across that had a music video so I was hoping it was some of the album's stronger material. Thankfully, I seem to have been right - the song makes great use of trumpets, trombones and saxophones to give it a Europop feel without sounding to generic. This one also gives me Yolanda Be Cool teas but it feels more unique, upbeat and energetic. I can deinitely see the appeal in this one.

Zaleilah is seemingly the most popular as most videos exist for it. It's obvious and annoying how similar these songs all sound though. ;_; I've actually heard this song before, which is quite a good song. An inoffensive song with some replayability. I really like the video *.*

Gimme Some More is a cool song - it's cruisy and the lyrics are simple yet infectious. It's kind of weird how different this song is from the rest of the album, if I had to make comparisons it's kind of like how "Eh Eh" is on The Fame. The fact I had this in my head for the listening of the rest of my album gives credence to how catchy it is ;_;.

The opening of Dame Dame was quite exciting but then it degenerates into relentlessly trashy Europop. I've heard this kind of stuff before, heck I've heard this kind of stuff before ON THIS ALBUM. For some reason this one ANNOYS ME even more.

DAME CALOR is quite good and life giving dnt he FINAL SONG in this albumm! agaag
Haha lol

bagm1.jpg

Overall the album is pretty OKAY, much better than I was expecting however there are too many samey tracks that just don't appeal to my NON ROMANIAN ideals.'

COMING UP NEXT:

417JbacN5lL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

QUADRON for Jo Shishido's Cheeks

The challenge is still open, feel free to submit and ALBUM FROM UR FAVE for REVIEW.

YAS NEM STAN.

Lol jk I feel almost exactly the same as you do. Except I give Zaleilah a 5, that shit is way too catchy.

royalan

I'll give you a second to realize how this applies to everyone and urge you to try again.

iu4xyBHyWcRJ7.gif

I don't need to try again. My point was already made several posts ago, sis.

EDIT: My point being you shouldn't count your fave's eggs before they hatch. Or, in this case, their mag sales.

Wk9Bi.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
New Dalai Lana leak:

Go Go Dancer

ircQoGr0RraAJ.gif

It's... quirky. Sounds nothing like the rest of her songs tbh.

It's giving me 80's vibes. I like.

So far we've got

• Club de Mandinga by Mandinga for BLADENIC
  • QUADRON by Quadron for JO SHISEIDO'S CHEEKS
  • Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded [Deluxe] by Nicki Minaj for MARIUS_
  • Tangled Up by Girls Aloud for GODELSMETRIC
  • Vows by Kimbra for TRIGGER
  • The ArchAndroid by Janelle Monae for CRUMPET
  • Born To Die [Deluxe] by Lana Del Rey for AGUILA
FEEL FREE to ADD as you WISH.
bhuHH.gif

SaintZ

I'm actually thinking about doing a OT for Paradise Edition seeing how BTD didn't have a proper thread. Dalai Lana doesn't deserve anything less than that tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom