• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

spent some time in the diva rooms ..

what to say ... awesome ...

NQ2WKl.jpg

uoib4l.jpg

mj87Ml.jpg

miku and luka playing tambourine together ...

I'm having a blast discovering all the events ..

Wonko_C

After 47 hours the final missing loading screen decided to pop up, that was the only thing I needed for platinum. :)

The song list itself is great - I don't follow Vocaloid music that much outside of Miku's music games, so most of the tracks were nice and fresh to me - and the animation really is stunning at times, despite the disappointing sub-native resolution (which is definitely noticeable). I'm not a huge fan of the style used for the Diva character models - it always seems a little angular and unnatural to me, and when I first saw the Diva f screenshots, I was mostly disappointed that it basically looks like the same deal in higher-quality, rather than a softer, more fluid style like the character models in Dreamy Theater and the Arcade version. However, seeing these models in-game, even if they're not perfect, they still look really, really good in motion.

...and now, back to trying to Perfect that accursed factory!

Now that you mention that I went curious and booted DT2nd after ages of not playing it and it looked way behind Diva f in the animation department. Sega really outdid themselves with the expressions in the Vita game, let's hope some of that rubs on DT Extend but I know that's highly unlikely since it's taking assets from Arcade. Also the lighting is sometimes unreal, I know the PS3 is more powerful than the Vita but I'm starting to think the PS3 version of Diva f will still be 30fps with a resolution bump.

Aaah that soooong! (factory) It took me more than 15 tries to perfect... on normal! Hard is going to make me cry.

I'm a sucker for music games, but this one is a little too expensive for me at the moment (~€65 at PlayAsia). Is there a way to get it cheaper? I live in Europe and don't have a creditcard.

Its very well worth the €65. I gladly paid that price for this game. You pay a premium price for every Asian import game, its not theHut. This game will never come out in the West and its so addicting. You don't need a cc.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
spent some time in the diva rooms ..

what to say ... awesome ...

I'm having a blast discovering all the events ..

Nice pictures. I haven't messed with the diva rooms yet. Are events replayable after you first see it?

-GJ-

Its very well worth the €65. I gladly paid that price for this game. You pay a premium price for every Asian import game, its not theHut. This game will never come out in the West and its so addicting. You don't need a cc.

Yeah I just ordered it this afternoon. The problem is that my old MacBook is dying and I'm saving up for a new one, so I had to take this money out of my MacBook fund. I'll just have to wait a little bit longer to get a new MacBook now :'(.

Kazzy

Can someone break down the various menu options? I mean more in what the features actually are, because I have figured out broadly what they are, but I have the feeling I might be missing some of the intricacies.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so glad they did subtitles for Nyanyanyanyanyanya!. It has spaces and everything. Now I can finally sing along.

I wonder who they had actually counting the Nyans

Nice pictures. I haven't messed with the diva rooms yet. Are events replayable after you first see it?

So far i haven't been able to ..the event to get registered in a list to see witch you got and what you haven't got yet .
When the event trigger is something like the date or something you've done in game i think they might start again ..howver several events are from item gifts and are random or are based on several factors i haven't undertood yet
I'm so glad they did subtitles for Nyanyanyanyanyanya!. It has spaces and everything. Now I can finally sing along.

I wonder who they had actually counting the Nyans

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,nya oh crap let's restart 1,2,3......

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly I never attributed Miku to Nyan Cat before I played this game, even though its so obvious now. I guess that makes Miku secretly super popular in the west too, in a way. That Nyan Cat video is up to over 83 million views now.

Kazzy

It's really serendipitous that just as I've started playing Project Diva f, I've reached the festival arc in Hyouka, which features a bunch of cast dressed like the vocaloid characters.

Or is this just good marketing? I don't know...

Yeah I just ordered it this afternoon. The problem is that my old MacBook is dying and I'm saving up for a new one, so I had to take this money out of my MacBook fund. I'll just have to wait a little bit longer to get a new MacBook now :'(.

You'll glady pass that time playing Hatsune Miku. :p

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Ok been clearing some normal songs now, damn the system tho can't imagine beating this game on hard mode.

Maybe its just me, but Rhythm games are something that you get soo much better at just by upping the difficulty a little bit over and over. I couldn't even beat the first level on normal at first, now i'm taking out some of the 5-6 star Hard levels.

When I first started yesterday, easy mode felt like normal and normal felt like hard. I'm getting better at it, but my bro is a beast, he even cleared a song on extreme.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, that's true. Is this song in the game btw? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgDysRhu4Lo or any similar sounding (similar style) songs?

Like only 2 songs are old and that isn't one of them. The rest are new.

But there is a really great pissed off miku song in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMH1CbQajiE

where she like loses it at what looks to be a podium for a press thing.

One of my favorites.

Edit: Oh and it's arranged by the same person.

Rasec

^is that the sadistic music xP
Well, one more project diva player to this thread xP
Starting to play the songs on hard after doing all the normal songs on excellent.
Kinda my objective. xD

Well, i don't have any friends with Project diva f (besides The Grim Heaper but guess it's still waiting for the game to arrive)
so if anyone wants to add me i would be very glad.

Id: Rasec46

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
^is that the sadistic music xP

lol is it really? Well maybe this would be more his speed from the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUzLUGKwQJc

Well, one more project diva player to this thread xP
Starting to play the songs on hard after doing all the normal songs on excellent.
Kinda my objective. xD

Well, i don't have any friends with Project diva f (besides The Grim Heaper but guess it's still waiting for the game to arrive)
so if anyone wants to add me i would be very glad.

Id: Rasec46

Sure I'll add you. Those other guys clearly don't have good enough taste to be your friends if they aren't smart enough to get this game.

Rasec

lol is it really? Well maybe this would be more his speed from the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUzLUGKwQJc

Sure I'll add you. Those other guys clearly don't have good enough taste to be your friends if they aren't smart enough to get this game.

Thanks xP
Well, i usually am an outsider from my university gamer friends since they are not very fond of miku. xP
Glad my friends from the japanese events we do like her more xP

btw, my post of me having fun with the game:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41883242&postcount=15499

-GJ-

Thanks for the info thepotatoman. Even though I prefer the song I posted, I can't wait to play the one you posted :).

Rasec, I will add you. I'm still waiting until PlayAsia will dispatch my order, but I'll add you anyway. My PSN ID is CaptainCray btw.

Rasec

Thanks for the info thepotatoman. Even though I prefer the song I posted, I can't wait to play the one you posted :).

Rasec, I will add you. I'm still waiting until PlayAsia will dispatch my order, but I'll add you anyway. My PSN ID is CaptainCray btw.

Thanks o/
i received your request a minute ago. You have blazblue on your trophies. That's a game i'm still thinking in buying it or not xP
Let's hope you project diva game doesn't take long to come.
I'm having a blast with it. *_*

-GJ-

Thanks o/
i received your request a minute ago. You have blazblue on your trophies. That's a game i'm still thinking in buying it or not xP
Let's hope you project diva game doesn't take long to come.
I'm having a blast with it. *_*

Blazblue is pretty cool. I like it a lot, even though I suck at fighting games, haha. Yeah usually it takes about 10 days for a PlayAsia package to arrive from the day it was sent, so hopefully they'll send it tomorrow because I can't wait to play it.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Ha I'll jump at any chance to talk about this game and find and post screenshots of it. There really isn't that much discussion here. Maybe when those guys finally get their games 3 weeks after launch it'll pick up a little.

currently busy abusing the challenge item to get a lot of points to buy everything ..

The COOL challenge is pretty cool and forces you to get COOL point to stay alive ( fine and safe drain your metter ).. that's awaesome and really train you for your perfect runs.

Rasec

Ha I'll jump at any chance to talk about this game and find and post screenshots of it. There really isn't that much discussion here. Maybe when those guys finally get their games 3 weeks after launch it'll pick up a little.

Now i know the music from that screenshot you posted xP
That music in hard is so fast. =O

Well i can share some pics i took but nothing amazing.

I like these 2 wallpapers:

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Now i know the music from that screenshot you posted xP
That music in hard is so fast. =O

Well i can share some pics i took but nothing amazing.

Yeah I typically like the faster songs, but they are undoable for me on hard right now. I have to tackle the easier hard stuff first. Luckily they have that star system to let you know how hard it is beyond the 4 difficulty levels.

And thanks for the pics. There's something really fun about taking and looking at pictures of this game.

It's just a shame that the low resolution looks so bad when you blow it up on the computer. Its not as bad shrunk down on the vita, but still.

Rasec

^nice pics. And i also have fun looking at pics from the game.

Tomorrow is time for to get back to classes at the university. At least i'll try to play the game a little xP
And maybe take some ar pics.
The bad thing is the sound the vita does when taking a photo. xD there goes my ideia of taking with miku trolling the teacher xD

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Maybe I'm missing something but the browse edit mode seems horrible. It looks like you can only sort by 新しい(new) or 古い(old) and the selection is littered with 削除されました(was deleted) entries probably because of that damned upload an edit trophy.

Seems like searching places like Niconico or youtube is the best way to go to get edits actually worth anything as far as I know.

Kazzy

Just marathoned through the entire song catalog, game is good!

I might have to see if there is an option to turn off the note confirmation, though. When it comes to the more frantic songs, it has a real habit of knocking me off rhythm.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I figured I'd write a guide on how to download Edits that you find on the internet since I haven't seen one yet. Select the option that I have highlighted to download stuff you find on the internet.
Internet mode/Adhoc mode
Srqxx.jpg

My Data/Data Search/that horrible browse menu.
DQDOY.jpg

Enter Online ID/Friend List
pRzY4.jpg

Type in the name of the author of the edit data you are looking for.
0LQ4A.jpg

Select ダウンロード(download) on the edit data you want and wait for the download
VpWTk.jpg

After it's downloaded you need to select to save it and go through the normal vita save screen stuff.
Edit Data Save/Edit Data Delete
8w8V3.jpg

I've been looking around Nico Douga for edits and found 6 pretty good ones. Unfortunately I don't know if its against Neogaf law to help with the MP3s and Nico Douga requires a login to see these things. Bolded is what you need to search for in the process above.

kokohei525
えれくとりっくえんじぇう 【オリジナル曲アレンジ】
7.5 Star Difficulty
みくみくにしてあげる (Song comes with the game)
7 Star Difficulty

Siva-15640
トゥインクル
9 star difficulty

icoicovita
じょしらく OP (not vocaloid) (Title for the edit is お後がよろしくって...よ!)
5 Star Difficulty

xnyoronyorox
Midnight Fantasy
.5 star difficulty (PV only)

magic_xyz
リンちゃんなう
.5 star difficulty (PV only)

I'll probably look up some more later, but hopefully that helps you guys on your way.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Just marathoned through the entire song catalog, game is good!

I might have to see if there is an option to turn off the note confirmation, though. When it comes to the more frantic songs, it has a real habit of knocking me off rhythm.

Its the second option in the options menu.

I got my copy in the mail today. The shipping box was beat to hell but the game and accessory set were fine. I got a calendar as a pre-order bonus and that's basically ruined. ):

Tailer

I got my copy in the mail today. The shipping box was beat to hell but the game and accessory set were fine. I got a calendar as a pre-order bonus and that's basically ruined. ):
That sucks, from which online shop did you pre order from? Wanna know since I had to pay 20~$ in taxes because it was sent to the post office rather than directly to my home :(. I actually think it's the most expensive game I have ever bought (until Halo 4 limited addition comes out).

Here are some Project DIVA f menu translations via onikage11 at GameFAQs: http://imgur.com/a/kG9A0
Perfect timing. :3

That sucks, from which online shop did you pre order from? Wanna know since I had to pay 20~$ in taxes because it was sent to the post office rather than directly to my home :(. I actually think it's the most expensive game I have ever bought (until Halo 4 limited addition comes out).
Paying extra for something small like that sucks.

But I ordered from CD Japan with Air Mail, about $15 bucks or so for shipping, I believe.

Paying extra for something small like that sucks.

But I ordered from CD Japan with Air Mail, about $15 bucks or so for shipping, I believe.

One reason I never use a shipping level lower than EMS - besides the delivery being much faster for a relatively minor increase in cost, the package is generally handled much, much better.

Kusagari

I knew I should have just done EMS. The place I ordered from got me Anarchy Reigns in 2 days when I did EMS, with Miku, in a lower cost shipping, she's still hanging out in New York after 2 weeks.

that's suck big time ..if you were a grim reaper you could have punished everyone involved in your delivery ...

If your game is fine, that's the most important , you can start playing like us ..

Top Bottom