• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Azih

I don't believe any level of government should micromanage people to the point of telling us what type of bag to use in stores.
I think government should manage issues that cause a certain level of significant harm to society. Now you can argue one way or the other if plastic bags cause enough harm to society to be a target of legislation or not but I certainly do.

foggy dayzzz

X1M8f.jpg

source

mCIuy.jpg

source

JbRJX.jpg

source

Rinoa

I went to Casa Loma tons of times as a child. Then never again. Suddenly I was there every other month last year, then every other week on the month leading up to my wedding. The event/catering staff is overworked but extremely talented and good at what they do.

It costed a ton more than regular banquet halls (note their visiting charges are already super high.. imagine food/events lol) but I don't regret a damn thing. Everyone had such an awesome time. I was lucky enough to have an event with the new installed airconditioners too, they didn't have that before.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Really?? When did you go? What did you not like about it? I thought it was pretty great, and felt a lot like the izakayas I used to visit in Tokyo.

Few months back. Atmosphere was really great. Food was atrocious and I got sick. If you want yakitori, go to Guu or head up to Jtown and there's a decent yakitori place up there.

dubq

Few months back. Atmosphere was really great. Food was atrocious and I got sick. If you want yakitori, go to Guu or head up to Jtown and there's a decent yakitori place up there.
Weird! You should give it another shot! I've been there several times since August and its always top notch. Their yakiniku (beef skewer) is awesome! ;)

What the f is my butcher going to do when they ban plastic bags? I mean, the meat is put into the smaller clear bags but then it's put into the bigger plastic bag just because the outside of the clear bags have come in contact with the meat. I'm not about to get cloth bags specifically for meat contamination.

zroid

Banned
Back from the B2/W2 thing. It was fun, although very kid-oriented, and I only got to play the game for like 5 minutes which is pretty pointless for a game like Pokemon.

Still, got tons of StreetPasses, a plush Luxury Ball, and a little Snivy figurine. Also, a comic book. Not bad! :)

ijAFT.jpg

I was just at promenade and saw Pikachu, I imagine this is what it's like to see jesus in French toast. I was going to bulk barn and BAM pikachu

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
New food experience, never had congee hotpot before:

cF6YU.jpg

It was pretty damn good on a cold windy day. I love this little hotpot restaurant that opened up near me.

Sober

New food experience, never had congee hotpot before:

cF6YU.jpg

It was pretty damn good on a cold windy day. I love this little hotpot restaurant that opened up near me.
That sounds insane, congee hotpot. Is it the same but the base is just congee or do you put stuff in, let it cook then just eat it all at the end?

Divvy

That sounds insane, congee hotpot. Is it the same but the base is just congee or do you put stuff in, let it cook then just eat it all at the end?

It's the same as regular hotpot but with congee as the soup base. The benefits are that you can drink the congee as your eating. It's pretty great.

zroid

Banned
I was just at promenade and saw Pikachu, I imagine this is what it's like to see jesus in French toast. I was going to bulk barn and BAM pikachu

LOL, this morning my friend and I were sitting down on some chairs with our backs to the event area. We were just chilling and letting our 3DSes soak up the StreetPasses.

Then at one point, my friend said to me: oh look, it's Pikachu. I didn't know what he was referring to but never in my wildest dreams did I expect there to be gigantic Pikachu standing right behind me. I literally screamed.

Sober

As an Asian man, I hope congee dies.
Unless you happen to be my younger brother and you are talking about my mom's congee, you are definitely wrong. So wrong.

nothing wrong with my mom's congee, she just likes to put stuff in it that we don't like

Quick

Banned
As an Asian man, I'm indifferent about congee.

I like it, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it. I have it at home every now and then.

Divvy

You guys are weird, Congee is pretty great. Especially when paired with a fresh fritter thing

What the f is my butcher going to do when they ban plastic bags? I mean, the meat is put into the smaller clear bags but then it's put into the bigger plastic bag just because the outside of the clear bags have come in contact with the meat. I'm not about to get cloth bags specifically for meat contamination.
In cases like that I'm pretty sure that's exempted (as you mention, safety thing)

...fuck, Pokemon is today? Why the hell did I leave town for the weekend?

Top Bottom