• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

PHS3O.jpg

Time to bust them out.

Real talk for a moment: it's my dream to buy out one of the distillery buildings and start the Toronto distillery district back distillin'.

There are two places making alcohol right now in the distillery. There is a sake brewery called The Ontario Spring Water Sake Company and of course Mill Street Brew-Pub brewing various beers.
I agree that it would be cool to bootleg barrels of whiskey out of the Distillery District just like the good ol' days.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
There are two places making alcohol right now in the distillery. There is a sake brewery called The Ontario Spring Water Sake Company and of course Mill Street Brew-Pub brewing various beers.
I agree that it would be cool to bootleg barrels of whiskey out of the Distillery District just like the good ol' days.
Still news to try mill street...just that their beer is so terrible outside.

Spring water is alright, but you need to ask for the stuff they make for the competitions...even if it won't last long and you gotta drink it.

Still news to try mill street...just that their beer is so terrible outside.

It tough with Mill Street. They try very hard to make mainstream watery beers like Organic and Stock Ale which aren't very good at all. However, their Tankhouse beer is actually not bad and same with the Cobblestone Stout. Neither of those will stand up to the best of their respective genres but they are certainly a breath of fresh air when I spot it on tap at a random bar that only stocks things like Molson Canadian. I think Mill Street is a good brewery to get people introduced to better beers by at least have them notice that other things exist besides the big companies and then they can move on to better things.
The brew pub is cool though. Lots of good food and the building is beautiful.

Oppo

So - next GAF meetup in the Distillery?

Maybe not a great idea actually; practically every time I've gone it's been swarmed. Usually with weddings. Maybe the season has passed...

Anyways let me know, I have ideas for new GAF Gold cards :)

whitehawk

Banned

Maybe not a great idea actually; practically every time I've gone it's been swarmed. Usually with weddings. Maybe the season has passed...

Hype! Still have mine in my wallet.

Is it good? I need me some pumpkin ale.

I'm loving it. Just the right hint of pumpkin. The only negative is that I'm not sure if you can buy just the Pumpkin Ale. When I went to the liquor store I could only find it in a mixed case of fall brews--half Oktoberfest Beer and half Pumpkin Ale. I just want me some pumpkin.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I'm loving it. Just the right hint of pumpkin. The only negative is that I'm not sure if you can buy just the Pumpkin Ale. When I went to the liquor store I could only find it in a mixed case of fall brews--half Oktoberfest Beer and half Pumpkin Ale. I just want me some pumpkin.

Hmmm intriguing nonetheless, I will have to check that out, thanks!

Quadratic

Anyone of you Toronto guys going to PAX EAST? There's a thread on the front page of gaming about it. I got my pass. Now to the business of getting a hotel room :/

Oppo

Anyone of you Toronto guys going to PAX EAST? There's a thread on the front page of gaming about it. I got my pass. Now to the business of getting a hotel room :/

Yep, booked my hotel and got the pass today. Just barely squeaked into the Renaissance. It made a huge diff last year.

If you're going I'd get on that shit fast. Just waiting for the inevitable Porter sale window for my flight.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

I'd love for it to be at the Distillery. Can finally go to that Mill Street place. Wife and I have tried every other place there...

Rinoa

534167_357647767656845_2081805685_n.jpg

PHS3O.jpg

Time to bust them out.

I saw someone wearing one of these on the bus today. It's still high of 16 degrees. Nope.

I wish I could commit right now, but honestly without a job it's looking like I'm passing another one...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
How is PAX? I'm not an avid convention goer but every so often I do want to go check some out. And frankly any excuse to go check out more cities is a plus to me.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
When you're doing the 9-5 thing you're never out at the hottest point of the day anymore. It was only 6C this morning.

Yeah, it was 5 and rose to 15. I turned the heat on at my place too. Gettin chilly!

Though I'll only have to deal with this for another week before I'm off to Dominican Republic. Gonna get so cakebossed!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yeah, it was 5 and rose to 15. I turned the heat on at my place too. Gettin chilly!

Though I'll only have to deal with this for another week before I'm off to Dominican Republic. Gonna get so cakebossed!

You lucky bitch. Dominican is so nice.

Promise me you'll be cakebossed every single day!

Top Bottom