• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

leng jai

So does Arctic Edge flat out not work in Vita? I just downloaded it and it just stays blank for a few minutes before rebooting the console.

VanWinkle

Really? Anyone with a smartphone from 2010 onwards already has a screen that far surpasses the Vita's. I don't know where the "wow factor" plays in today.

I love the hardware (except the shoulder buttons), but the screen is one of its more overrated aspects, and the constant declarations of "dat OLED" are pretty hilarious.

1. It's dim as hell compared to even my brother's cheap LG phone, let alone the iPhone, S3, or Lumia, and most games limiting the brightness to 80% doesn't help.

2. The cheap plastic coating gives the screen a subtle "graininess" compared to the glass on most smartphones.

3. The screen itself is so far recessed into the unit that colors don't pop at all (and that oversaturated look doesn't go nearly as far as most OLEDs in delivering a stunning first impression).

If there is a Vita revision, I want them to get rid of the OLED and replace it with one of those IPS Super LCD panels from Sharp.

Wow, this is worse than a Totobeni post. It may not have the brightness (and that's purely because it's locked down by Sony to preserve battery life), but the clarity, sharpness, and saturation destroy most screens. It's the best screen I own, out of iPhone 4, Galaxy S3, an IPS tablet, and many others. Brightness is the ONLY knock against it. I also love how because something is plastic, it's "cheap". It's there because it needs to be more durable than glass because it's not something that gets replaced every year to two.

Anyway, just got back from work. Missed my Vitabros.

mauaus

Just had the best round on PSABR :)
2012_12_18_151559.jpg

LOVE this game :)

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Crunchyroll app is out on the 360, and still no news of the Vita version. Such a shame. :( I'd love to finish up Gintama' on the Vita.

OmegaZero

I love how he's become the barometer by which all criticism is now measured.

I give your post one out of four Totobenis.

2 out of 3 totos.

Yay I'll be able to get rayman and lbp when the sales go live soon. After the demo I'm excited to play more rayman on DAT OLED :p

3.1415926... out of 4.8298222... totos.

I still have yet to play games like Surge, LBP, and Rayman Origins.
I will one day.

I give my post 1 out of 9 totos

EDIT:
A heads up to all my fellow trophy hunting Vita bros:

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath has a full trophy list, including a platinum trophy.

I want to get it today, but I want to focus on getting my Motorstorm RC double plat. Then I'm going all in :) This is alongside my first Alundra playthrough as well.

Sweet, thanks for the heads up.

My reply gets 2 out of 4 totos

Vodh

I pulled the trigger on Sound Shapes after being torn between buying and waiting in hope of a price cut/sale. So glad I did, even if it goes free on PS+ tomorrow (which it won't) I'm glad I supported the sales.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I pulled the trigger on Sound Shapes after being torn between buying and waiting in hope of a price cut/sale. So glad I did, even if it goes free on PS+ tomorrow (which it won't) I'm glad I supported the sales.

Yep, fantastic game. Glad you enjoy it.

VanWinkle

Haha, is this a new ranking system? Nothing would be above 2/10 totos, apart from P4G

The thing about totos as a unit of measurement is that the closer you are to one, the better your opinion is. 10 out of 10 totos means that what you said is absolutely atrocious. 1 out of 10 totos means you're amazing.

Thank you, I'm really loving this handheld.

Got Uncharted, Wipeout and Gravity Rush from the PS+ allottment; will be picking up Dokuro and Rayman on Sale. Buckled on Metal Gear HD Collection :x

I buckled on mgs3 two days ago too:

It's so good.

Also in the UK if you buy 2+3 seperetly it's 1p cheaper than the bundle :/

Hmm, I can't decide if I want the Portable Charger for 29.99 or not--it seems incredibly useful, but it's also more than I'd like to pay. Are any of you selling one?

I'm flying to Europe in January and I think having it will come in handy, as I'll be able to watch a movie or two in addition to playing games.

Rasec

So no impressions on Strangers Wrath for vita?
Have any of our vitagaf bro bought it?

And btw, since if i'm not mistaken and now Sega Racing is also out on US how about some online races? xP

Sky Chief

Hmm, I can't decide if I want the Portable Charger for 29.99 or not--it seems incredibly useful, but it's also more than I'd like to pay. Are any of you selling one?

I'm flying to Europe in January and I think having it will come in handy, as I'll be able to watch a movie or two in addition to playing games.

Where do you see it for $29.99?

zulux21

So no impressions on Strangers Wrath for vita?
Have any of our vitagaf bro bought it?

And btw, since if i'm not mistaken and now Sega Racing is also out on US how about some online races? xP

Grace Chen hasn't Graced us with a psn store update yet, so yeah... no vita games for NA folk yet off the psn.

Lesson in GraceChen Time:

(1) Is it Tuesday? If yes, go to (2)
(2) Is it after 4pm EST? If yes, go to (3)
(3) Check http://blog.us.playstation.com/ -- do you see "PSN STORE UPDATE" as a blog post? If yes, store is updated, praise Grace Chen. If no, go to (4).
(4) Try the search function in the store. You may find what you're looking for even though it's not visible on the storefront. If not found, go to (5).
(5) Goto (3).

OmegaZero

Lesson in GraceChen Time:

(1) Is it Tuesday? If yes, go to (2)
(2) Is it after 4pm EST? If yes, go to (3)
(3) Check http://blog.us.playstation.com/ -- do you see "PSN STORE UPDATE" as a blog post? If yes, store is updated, praise Grace Chen. If no, go to (4).
(4) Try the search function in the store. You may find what you're looking for even though it's not visible on the storefront. If not found, go to (5).
(5) Goto (3).

Needs to be in the OP. :b

EDIT: WTF @ that Amazon review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom