• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania LOS 2 WiiU? "Sorry to disappoint you"

Busty

Banned
"We're far too busy not porting Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance to the WiiU."

thatssotrue_3781_1331170504.gif

Takao

Banned
When Vita is getting more 3rd party ports than your console you know you fucked up.

Konami has released more Vita exclusives than they have released/announced Wii U games in general. Again, not a big feat when Konami has 0 Wii U games. I wonder if it'll even get PES FOX Engine at this rate.

It never was announced for the WiiU - how is this news ?

No Halo 5 on Ps4 for you...sry guys.

It was rumored for Wii U though, and it would make sense given the 3DS tie-in game.

gdt

Jesus man. Wii U is getting practically nothing coming out in 2013. And they sure as shit won't get anything 3rd party as soon as the new consoles are out.

Damn.

Sintoid

There is no reason why this shouldn't be ported to the Wii U.

But Konami! Sigh.

I actually thought that 3DS chapter was a confirmation of LOS 2 (and maybe 1) was arriving on Nintendo platform... Come on, what's the point of knowing the story of what happen between two stories you'll never know (except if you're multiplatform)?

Majmun

Okay, seems fair. But i dont see why its news when non-announced titles arent coming to a systems - feel like we have a thread like this every week for WiiU, even though its not really news.

Though with CV being on 3DS, maybe some WiiU owners still had some hope.

Of course it's news. Nintendo went HD and people expected PS360 games to arrive on the U too. It did halpen with some titles.

This game not coming to the WiiU is news - albeit disappointing news- but it's still news..

Bruno MB

Should we open a thread for every multiplatform game that doesn't have a Wii U version?

Well, if we did that, we would be accused of flooding.

But i dont see why its news when non-announced titles arent coming to a systems - feel like we have a thread like this every week for WiiU, even though its not really news.
The mantra adopted by some people on here is "[3rd Party] games are coming. The announcements are just being held back [by Nintendo]."

And if a title hasn't been confirmed as not coming then that's an affirmative sign.

As opposed to the standard approach of simply assuming a version isn't coming unless there's evidence to the contrary or until it's actually been announced.

Ryuuga

Banned
MoF takes place 25 years after the event of LoS which LoS2 is a direct sequel to. Finish the fight...on another platform.

Should we open a thread for every multiplatform game that doesn't have a Wii U version?

Well, if we did that, we would be accused of flooding.

New news new thread, we'd make one if they announced a port might as well make one when they deconfirm a port.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
The last Nintendo home console rides almost alone on first party and Ubisoft titles only. The sunset beckons as handheld based platform consolidation awaits on the new frontier.

Seriously, what's the point of even getting this console? Where are the games, Nintendo???

I remember the N64 games draught, this may actually be worse.

Can't believe Nintendo messed up this much.

The premise of Nintendo console never changes - wait for Nintendo games. Mario, Zelda, etc. are coming, lol. This is what everyone has been writing about in Vita threads: "both handhelds started shit, but we KNEW Nintendo games are coming". So they are coming, get buying WiiU!

Radec

Wow, cant even get a port huh.

Wouldn't be surprised if next gen consoles will be getting up-ports first before the WiiU be getting normal ports. lol

If its anything like the first game, Wii U owners won't be missing much. Wii U owners have Bayonetta 2 coming soon, why would they want an inferior game like C: LOS2?

Old and not funny. It was never funny to begin with.

What in the actual fuck does Bayonets have to do with LoS, they play almost nothing alike.

So what will 3DS owners who are craving more CV after MoF get to play? Imminent Judgment 2 announcement?

Well luckily for those 3DS owners, after they play MoF they won't be craving any more CV any time soon. Plus they have the option of buying the DS Castlevania games.

I'm going to guess the same bullshit as always. That they learned their lesson, that they'll draw consequences, no price cut though etc.
I'm fine with that, but I don't want Investors BS questions,
"I don't like coming here on foot prepare me a shuttle bus,
Why are there no Females Iwata,
Turn Off the AC its bothering me,
Are considering releasing Mario on Gree or Pokemon as Free to play,
Should I wear the red tie or blue tomorrow Iwata San?,
Why Asians Voted for Obama if they are hard working conservatives?

lherre

Accurate
What in the actual fuck does Bayonets have to do with LoS, they play almost nothing alike.

you know, every game that doesn't come to wii u is a bad game and bayonetta the best exclusive game of all times-generation.

I know people working there so I'll try to get more info about this decision, althought I think is pretty clear to everybody.

IrishNinja

i wish mirror looked better than it did, too - id be all for that if it turns out good somehow

To be fair, outside of japan Konami has like 3 IPs they're trying to milk and even fail at that.

^exactly this; there's certainly an argument to be made for the troubling 3rd party support situation currently on the WU, but konami post 2005 (if then) or so shouldn't be a viable metric of anything healthy, sadly

BY2K

Membero Americo
This is gonna be a repeat of the Wii, isn't it? :(

Though this time, they won't even test the console, they just won't develop for it.

RPGCrazied

The first LoS was such a sleeper hit. I really really loved it. Don't mind if its not coming to Wii U. Don't have one, and don't want one until I see better games and a price drop.

18-Volt

Jesus man. Wii U is getting practically nothing coming out in 2013. And they sure as shit won't get anything 3rd party as soon as the new consoles are out.

Damn.

This is actually good thing. No 3rd party titles around will make Nintendo panic and they'll flood the console with great 1st party titles which everyone bought the console for. Win-win.

PaulLFC

Can you blame him? He's head of UK Studio, and in the UK, only the top 5 Wii U titles sold over 400 copies last week. There's almost no market for it in Europe at the moment.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
This is actually good thing. No 3rd party titles around will make Nintendo panic and they'll flood the console with great 1st party titles which everyone bought the console for. Win-win.

That would insinuate rushed 1st party titles, how is that a good thing :p?

Maxrunner

That would be true if they had enough western studios but they don't even own much besides Retro....

Takao

Banned

Yes, just like Nintendo provided the N64, and Wii an avalanche of internal software after third parties were no shows there.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I guess Miyamoto going around knocking on doors for support didn't work. If it's this bad now, what's it going to be like when everyone moves on to PS4/720 development?!

Well, if it's half as bland as the 3DS game looks it's not much of a loss. It would be nice to see the Wii U rocking a more traditional Castlevania game. I didn't know Konami didn't have anything slated for the system though. Pretty lame. Of course, gamers largely had a knee jerk reaction to their initial Wii output, so that may have cooled Konami's ambitions this time around. I'm probably the only person in the world who found Elebits and Dewy's Adventure refreshing.

Takao

Banned
Well, if it's half as bland as the 3DS game looks it's not much of a loss. It would be nice to see the Wii U rocking a more traditional Castlevania game. I didn't know Konami didn't have anything slated for the system though. Pretty lame. Of course, gamers largely had a knee jerk reaction to their initial Wii output, so that may have cooled Konami's ambitions this time around. I'm probably the only person in the world who found Elebits and Dewy's Adventure refreshing.

Bomberman would be coolio on Wii U, but Konami killed Husdon. It's a shame Konami did that though, they should've released a Deca Sports title for launch or something.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
A little harsh there, Daniel.

No surprise though.

Yeah. I know one has a limited character count on Twitter, but that came off a little strong.

Sounded like he wanted to type "peasant scum" afterwards, but PR stopped him just in time.

KageMaru

"no chance"...that's really unfortunate. Who's in charge of 3rd party relations at Nintendo? I think it's time to find someone new.

Wow, cant even get a port huh.

Wouldn't be surprised if next gen consoles will be getting up-ports first before the WiiU be getting normal ports. lol

Well it would be easier, and probably cheaper, to port to the ps4/720 than porting to the Wii-U. So this will definitely happen.

I know people working there so I'll try to get more info about this decision, althought I think is pretty clear to everybody.

Judging by some of the posts in this thread, I don't think it's quite that clear to some people. =P

Top Bottom