• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinky

I've never seen fanart that resembles the source material so little lol

EDIT: Franky is amazing, shut your whore mouths

DOUBLE EDIT:

GOD TIER:
Luffy, Chopper, Franky,

HIGH TIER:
Sanji, Ussop, Zoro

LOW TIER:
Nami, Robin, Brook

I don't have a shit tier for a reason, I still like Brook, Nami and Robin.

Akito

a naked apron's a naked apron
Maybe I overreacted a bit since I moved on from that already.

Natsu no Zenjitsu 1-13

From the same dude who did Koi Kaze apparently (never did read that series though). I'm quite liking this story so far. The relationship between Tetsuo and Akira feels very grounded and their chemistry between each other is pretty entertaining to read. I think one reason why this manga resonates so much with me is that I see shades of myself in the main character (albeit a more idealized version of myself). Just his personality and little quirks like his stubbornness, his frustration with his artwork, the way he guards himself from others, etc. I feel like I can sympathize with his character quite a bit since the whole angst-ridden artist motif is something that I can personally relate to in a way. The whole thing with Hanami has potential to screw things up but the more I read the more I feel like she's less of a potential love interest and more of just inspiration for his artwork.

At least I hope so because I really like Akira. :/

I'm not sure where the story will go next but this has been a pretty good read so far.
Koi Kaze is great, it deals with such a sensitive theme in a very mature way. I also enjoy Natsu no Zenjitsu a great deal.

I don't think alcohol will enhance it in any kind of way though

Maybe the alcohol will help you to look at the manga from another perspective. In the end, it's just another well written and deep criticism of our society and how we rely too much on other people and why unleashing our inner wolf every now and then is for the best, because that way we can week fighting, even when we're already down.

The title is genius, by the way. Seriously, Wolf Guy?

The manga is truly a work of art.

Yonafunu

Maybe the alcohol will help you to look at the manga from another perspective. In the end, it's just another well written and deep criticism of our society and how we rely too much on other people and why unleashing our inner wolf every now and then is for the best, because that way we can week fighting, even when we're already down.

The manga is truly a work of art.

I disagree. It really isn't anything special.

Jintor

tumblr_mgr123rjwX1qzd219o1_500.gif

tumblr_mgr123rjwX1qzd219o2_500.gif

tumblr_mgr123rjwX1qzd219o3_500.gif

Yonafunu

No way man it's the pinnacle of the medium. You can't get better than that.

It was good enough to keep me up all night and read the whole thing in one sitting. It was an amazing experience.

This man knows what's up

Are you guys serious? Granted, I never read it in one go, since I was reading it while it was being scanlated, but I can't imagine it being much better in one sitting.
It was definitely enjoyable, but a masterpiece it was not.

Are you guys serious? Granted, I never read it in one go, since I was reading it while it was being scanlated, but I can't imagine it being much better in one sitting.
It was definitely enjoyable, but a masterpiece it was not.

Dude, that story goes by "Rape Namek" in here, don't take them seriously.

Stinky

I heard that Kubo asked a fan on twitter how she knew bleach spoilers before the chapter came out lol. The situation is so messed up.

Centaur's Worries 22-24

This series is so temperamental. Great Kyouko chapter followed by a sleep-inducing kids chapter followed by a what the hell Antarcticans chapter.

It kinda is impossible for Jump to win though, isn't it?
If they did more neglected series, like cross manage, yugioh zexal, kenshin restoration. At least among a certain genre of manga the people have enough respect to stop once series are licensed, I guess the weekly shonen groups follow different ethical beliefs.

Kurita

If they did more neglected series, like cross manage, yugioh zexal, kenshin restoration. At least among a certain genre of manga the people have enough respect to stop once series are licensed, I guess the weekly shonen groups follow different ethical beliefs.
I read the One Piece scans but I still buy the volumes everytime they come out so... YMMV.
I don't read scans of licensed series in my country (well, aside from One Piece). It just feels wrong.

As far as I can tell, yes. They could only beat them by publishing the digital version (incl the English translation) before the printed one ships, but their retail partners would flip them off.
Random Trivia: I've seen Japanese readers on 2ch actually take our English translations and translate them back into Japanese.

DTL what do you think of Kaiji?

I'm curious because its so male heavy but also because all of the characters are really ugly. I have a friend who is gay that refuses to watch or read Kaiji but tells me the reason is because of the awful art. Which is just silly because we all know Kaiji's art is amazing.

Id have to agree with your friend, the character designs look quite ugly and of what people have occasionally posted dont think it looks good nor neither seems like a story Id be willing to have encountered. Its hard to care for a series if the character designs dont really appeal.

Kurita

Random Trivia: I've seen Japanese readers on 2ch actually take our English translations and translate them back into Japanese so that they can read the chapter five days before the official release.
I don't get it.
Why would they translate something that has already been translated?
Wait. I'm l confused.

Random Trivia: I've seen Japanese readers on 2ch actually take our English translations and translate them back into Japanese.

That's really hilarious. And sad.

Are there any interviews with mangaka or publishers about this issue?

I don't get it.
Why would they translate something that has already been translated?
Wait. I'm l confused.

Because the raws weren't public, iirc. Groups get the raws from their source and translate them as fast as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom