• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS Screenshot thread (56k no)

Alpha_eX

ivysaur12 said:
As interesting as Wario the Thief looks, it really is an ugly game.

I agree, I don't like the sprites in this especially the animation of Wario opening the chest...

I'll still be getting this but the touch screen seems pointless, I really don't want to play the game holding the stylus in my hand while holding the ds. The touch screen use seems tacked on.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Digimon Evolution: Sun Burst/Moonlight

scr_001.jpg
scr_002.jpg
scr_003.jpg
scr_004.jpg
scr_005.jpg
scr_006.jpg
scr_007.jpg
scr_008.jpg
scr_009.jpg
scr_010.jpg

Alpha_eX said:
I agree, I don't like the sprites in this especially the animation of Wario opening the chest...

I'll still be getting this but the touch screen seems pointless, I really don't want to play the game holding the stylus in my hand while holding the ds. The touch screen use seems tacked on.

Tacked on? The game is built around touch controls.

Anyway, it looks great in motion. Haven't you learned yet?

Fady K

Wow, well done PantherLotus. This is a great thread.

There are a lot of good stuff here :D Though around 80% of the stuff I want thats in this thread is from Square-Enix. The rest is Capcom/Atlus/Konami/Nintendo.

Haunted

PantherLotus said:
Professor Layton

h_104_64479_laytonc01_jpg.jpg
h_104_64479_laytonc02_jpg.jpg
h_104_64479_laytonc03_jpg.jpg
h_104_64479_laytonc04_jpg.jpg
these are the first screens that made me go 'wow' in this thread. I like the artstyle.

The Zelda:pH screens aren't doing the game justice at all! (I can only imagine how this affects other games that don't look too good in these screens.)

Also, Micro Machines looks like shit and I don't get why someone would want to post screens of this at all.

dock

Branduil said:
Even the Shinigami are upgrading their Death Notes now. Nintendo now controls the lives of billions.
That would have been a brilliant feature. Hold the DS sideways (should be the norm for this genre IMO) and write the names of someone in on the pages. "Ken Kutaragi"
This game will probably suck though.

Shard said:
Zoo Tycoon was never much good, PC or DS.

Yes, but the DS version was bad for reasons other than not being a good game, and I'm just keeping my anticipation low so I'm not disappointed if it happens to Theme Park DS or SimCity DS.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Blackbird said:
That one changed a lot since I had last seen it. Sure liked the 'STUN' caption though.

No shit! Seeing those makes me wonder what a Magic: The Gathering game would look like (online please). I'd love to see some spell effects from mana burn.

Alpha_eX

A Link to the Snitch said:
Tacked on? The game is built around touch controls.

Anyway, it looks great in motion. Haven't you learned yet?

Tacked on as in, they could have used a face button to switch between disguises.

Anyone got screen shots of the picross game out soon? Can't wait for that game.

PantherLotus said:
I'm going to need a "HE'S ON FIRE!" before I'll believe that one. Unless you meant graphics level.
yeah specially on the graphic style and even the game side camera reminds me a lot of the game although it's probably not as fun

mrwilt

We need a port of Pigskin for the DS. Multiplayer would be awesome. My friend and I spent hours in the arcade playing that game. So freakin' funny. :lol

BooJoh

Shard said:
It has been awhile.

Naruto: Ninja Council 3

Release Date: Q2 2007
Ninja Council 3 is Saikyo Ninja Daikesshu 4. Why they skipped 3 for localization is beyond me.. it was a fun game, and from what I've heard 4 wasn't all it's cracked up to be.

Alpha_eX said:
Tacked on as in, they could have used a face button to switch between disguises.

Yes, and it would take longer.

It's not tacked on if it streamlines the process. You'd rather have to flip through transformations instead of just being able to go to the one you want?

The game is half touch controlled. Movement, jumping, and ducking is d-pad, and all other actions (such as aiming your fire attack or shoulder charge) are done with the touch screen.

Link1110

scr_005.jpg

It DOES look like NBA Jam. It even has the shiny "sweet spots" in the same places. Wonder if its the same thing where if you shoot from there you have a better chance of it going in.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Randam_Hajile said:
Over the past few weeks, this has become one of my favorite threads.
:)

Just wanted to say thanks for this. All of the screenie threads take a lot of work, but I couldn't have done it without the many blogs and news outlets (especially foreign sites) that I frequent doing a lot of the work for me.

Look for more screens soon! Any feedback on potential improvements to this or the other screenie threads is always appreciated.

ethelred

PantherLotus said:
Just wanted to say thanks for this. All of the screenie threads take a lot of work, but I couldn't have done it without the many blogs and news outlets (especially foreign sites) that I frequent doing a lot of the work for me.

Look for more screens soon! Any feedback on potential improvements to this or the other screenie threads is always appreciated.

Oh, yes... seriously, thanks for the work you're putting into this. This thread completely rules. It does such a great job of highlighting just how incredible the DS's lineup is for this year.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
ethelred said:
Oh, yes... seriously, thanks for the work you're putting into this. This thread completely rules. It does such a great job of highlighting just how incredible the DS's lineup is for this year.

...now if I could just figure out how to get paid for it...

(I'm looking for a job in Public Relations/Corporate Communications. Anyone?)

PolyGone

Banned
BooJoh said:
Holy crap! :eek: Is there even a remote chance of this coming to the US? I've been wanting a new Picross game for years.

yeah me too

I have no idea how Mario's Picross sold in NA but if Nintendo doesn't bring it over, its probably worth importing - since it'll be pretty easy to play without knowing Japanese ;)

Top Bottom