• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros 4 Roster Prediction Contest! Prizes included! Deadline: June 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Fire Emblem will probably get two character spots again. Ike is gone, he's not the new hotness anymore. Chrom is the main lord from the most recent (and very successful) game so he's far and away the most likely second FE character along with Marth. Popularity doesn't really matter at all, otherwise Mia would have been in Brawl and not Ike.

And I'm surprised at the number of people listing Shulk.

Here's the top10 result of the Japanese Awakening poll about past FE characters in Awakening;

Marth 2.4%
Lyn 2.1%
Roy 1.9%
Eirika 1.9%
Sigurd 1.7%
Alm 1.6%
Ephraim 1.5%
Seliph 1.4%
Leif 1.4%
Ike 1.4%

Source is the Knight of Iris artbook. Obviously, that poll was separate from the one about actual Awakening characters, and it was Japan only.

I'd totally be cool with Lyn.

Snakey

Punch-Out not selling well in Japan is irrelevant considering the series is mostly aimed at Westerners and boxing is a sport with most of its popularity in the West.

As I said, Little Mac's main obstacle is whether Sakurai thinks he will be interesting addition or not.

I am betting on him getting in though.

Nemesis_

Why is he too boring? Because he uses his fists to fight instead of a weapon? Variety is a good thing.

What else could he do? PUNCH, DASH PUNCH, UPPERCUT, PUNCH GROUND, DODGE.

Just seems like a wasted space, especially when Nintendo have other interesting lesser utilised characters being discussed in the thread already.

And plus, they'd just have to turn him into a Falcon clone to make him interesting - adding "effects" to his punches and kicks..

And before you know it, you've got a Falcon clone. It's one of the major reasons I don't want Gannondorf in this game (and would rather Chaos or Ghirahim).

I agree variety is better but we have a character who could conceptually play the same as what Little Mac could potentially become.

G0523

Characters (47):

Old Characters:
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Yoshi
8. Wario
9. Link
10. Zelda
11. Sheik (transformation)
12. Ganondorf
13. Toon Link
14. Samus
15. Zero Suit Samus (transformation)
16. Pit
17. Ice Climbers
18. ROB
19. Kirby
20. Meta Knight
21. King Dedede
22. Olimar
23. Fox
24. Falco
25. Captain Falcon
26. Pikachu
27. Jigglypuff
28. Pokemon Trainer (Charizard)
29. Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle)
30. Pokemon Trainer (Ivysaur)
31. Marth
32. Ike
33. Ness
34. Lucas
35. Mr. Game & Watch
36. Solid Snake
37. Sonic

New Characters:
38. Mewtwo (return from Melee)
39. Roy (return from Melee)
40. Lyn (Fire Emblem)
41. Yarn Kirby (Kirby's Epic Yarn)
42. Louie (Pikmin 2)
43. Main Character (Dragon Quest)
44. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
45. Klonoa (Klonoa)
46. Mega Man (Mega Man)
47. Rayman (Rayman)

Assist Trophies:
1. Monita (Nintendo Land)
2. Chrom and the Shepherds (Fire Emblem)
3. Prince Fluff (Kirby's Epic Yarn)
4. Monkey (Rhythm Heaven)
5. Miles "Tails" Prower (Sonic)
6. Slime (Dragon Quest)
7. Ghosts (Pac-Man)
8. Huepow (Klonoa)
9. Roll (Mega Man)
10. Murfy (Rayman)

Pokeballs:
1. Victini
2. Xerneas
3. Audino
4. Samurott
5. Zekrom
6. Reshiram
7. Golruk
8. Yveltal
9. Genesect
10. Oshawatt

Stages:
1. Nintendo Land Amusement Park
2. Wii U GamePad
3. Grass Land (Kirby's Epic Yarn)
4. Stages of Rhythm Heaven Fever (Like how Brawl went through stages of Warioware.)
5. Mario's Head (Super Mario Galaxy 2)
6. Duck Hunt Stage
7. Pac-Man First Stage
8. Mega Man Lab Stage

Items:
1. Ice Flower (New Super Mario Bros.)
2. Gust Bellow (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
3. Magnus Club (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
4. Monado (Xenoblade Chronicles)
5. Power Pellet (Pac-Man)

Snakey

Popularity doesn't really matter at all, otherwise Mia would have been in Brawl and not Ike.

Ike was far away more popular than Mia.

Also, Chrom is far from "inevitable". Sakurai could very well deem him not interesting enough, and simply represent FE13 through other means (stage, music, assist trophies, trophies, etc.), or through another character (Marth having a Lucina alternate costume, Ike having a Chrom alternate costume, or Anna getting in).

There was a user named Shorts who passed along a character poll for Smash 4 among the various Smash Bros. communities on the internet (SmashBoards, GameFAQs, NeoGAF, Reddit, 4chan, Neoseeker, Tumblr, and various other places), and here are the most recent results he posted for it:

Around 1,700 votes
1. Mega Man [Capcom] 930
2. Mewtwo [Pokemon] 811
3. Ridley [ Metroid] 624
4. Little Mac [Punch Out] 601
5. King K. Rool [Donkey Kong] 596
6. Waluigi [Super Mario] 501
7. Isaac [Golden Sun] 492
8. Roy [Fire Emblem] 444
9. Bowser Junior [Super Mario] 440
10. Ghirahim [Legend Of Zelda] 427
11. Palutena [Kid Icarus] 426
12. Chrom [Fire Emblem] 390
13. Shulk [Xenoblade] 374
14. Pac - Man [Namco] 355
15. Krystal [StarFox] 347
16. Zoroark [Pokemon] 337
17. Geno [Square Enix] 317
18. Toad [Super Mario] 278
19. Takamaru [Murasame Castle] 242
20. Dixie Kong [Donkey Kong] 236
21. Samurai Goroh [F-Zero] 213
22. Saki [Sin & Punishment] 210
23. Bandana Dee [Kirby] 177
24. Black Shadow [F-Zero] 171

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
And before you know it, you've got a Falcon clone. It's one of the major reasons I don't want Gannondorf in this game (and would rather Chaos or Ghirahim).

I think they are stuck between a rock and a hard place with that one. Ganondorf obviously deserves representation, but he started life as a Falcon clone and people kind of expect that now. I don't think it would be all that hard at all to make him unique, it's just a question of how much would people complain about him being entirely different this time around?

Nemesis_

You guys are always serious when it comes to the ethics of Smash Bros. characters and its inclusions.

image.php

Yarn Kirby is a good idea - it's a different version of Kirby but it would have to be significantly different in terms of play style.

That being said, they could just go for King Fluff (is that his name?) instead if they wanted to go that route.

I think they are stuck between a rock and a hard place with that one. Ganondorf obviously deserves representation, but he started life as a Falcon clone and people kind of expect that now. I don't think it would be all that hard at all to make him unique, it's just a question of how much would people complain about him being entirely different this time around?

Ganondorf has so many different forms and iterations throughout the entire franchise. Why haven't we got at least one of his (iconic) golden swords yet?

He has projectiles (as seen in Ocarina of Time). He has swords (as seen in Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker). He also has brute force. Heck his Side move could be summoning that Phantom Horse to trample someone.

It just seems like such a wasted opportunity to include him again and make him a slightly different Falcon clone :(

There's plenty of ways Little Mac could have an interesting moveset.
Borrowing other Punch Out characters techniques, integrating the star punch and dodge/guard mechanics into his move set, hell maybe he could throw Doc's chocolate bars and have Doc himself cycle across the screen, sometimes you've got to think outside the box.
Even so you can still make a moveset out of simply punching people, you know like most boxing related fighters.

What else could he do? PUNCH, DASH PUNCH, UPPERCUT, PUNCH GROUND, DODGE.
Is that not enough? Some characters focus on direct combat, while others utilize special moves. Little Mac is the perfect representation of Nintendo's American branch, and the Punch-Out universe is filled with an endless array of untapped potential. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out rivaled Zelda's popularity back in the 1980s, and in that regard, Little Mac deserves to be included more than most Nintendo characters do. Nintendo knows this, or else they wouldn't have revived Punch-Out for Wii, which was both a critical and commercial success.

What if they replace Ike with Magnus? I mean speed and stuff. Magnus could work for that.
Seriously? They may as well add Birdo, Chunky Kong, and the Happy Mask Salesman next. I would literally boycott the game if they replaced Ike with such an irrelevant character. And I don't even like Ike!

GamerSoul

Lil Mac can be interesting if they want him to be. He can borrow moves from his competitors or even get inspiration from Namco who, iirc, have experience with boxing characters from Tekken.

Here's the top10 result of the Japanese Awakening poll about past FE characters in Awakening;

Marth 2.4%
Lyn 2.1%
Roy 1.9%
Eirika 1.9%
Sigurd 1.7%
Alm 1.6%
Ephraim 1.5%
Seliph 1.4%
Leif 1.4%
Ike 1.4%

Source is the Knight of Iris artbook. Obviously, that poll was separate from the one about actual Awakening characters, and it was Japan only.

Hmm, interesting to see Lyn up there. Did the poll have a lot of characters or something? Because those percentages seem low. I'm pulled between Lyn or Lucina, now. Either would be nice.

DaBoss

Punch-Out not selling well in Japan is irrelevant considering the series is mostly aimed at Westerners and boxing is a sport with most of its popularity in the West.

As I said, Little Mac's main obstacle is whether Sakurai thinks he will be interesting addition or not.

I am betting on him getting in though.

Yea, I'm just saying it isn't relevant in Japan.

Yarn Kirby is a good idea - it's a different version of Kirby but it would have to be significantly different in terms of play style.

That being said, they could just go for King Fluff (is that his name?) instead if they wanted to go that route.

That would be a great idea. I think the name is Prince Fluff.

Snakey

Seriously? They may as well add Birdo, Chunky Kong, and the Happy Mask Salesman next. I would literally boycott the game if they replaced Ike with such an irrelevant character. And I don't even like Ike!

Magnus is another character I am betting on becoming an Assist Trophy.

I will also be surprised if Anthony Higgs with his giant plasma gun does not show up as Assist Trophy.

SSB64: 12 characters
SSBM: 26 characters
SSBB: 40 characters
Thus, SSB4: 54 characters

Sticking Around (37)
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Peach
  • Bowser
  • Wario
  • Yoshi
  • Donkey Kong
  • Diddy Kong
  • Link
  • Zelda
  • Sheik (transformation)
  • Ganondorf
  • Toon Link
  • Samus
  • Zero Suit Samus (transformation)
  • Pit
  • Ice Climbers
  • R.O.B.
  • Kirby
  • Metaknight
  • King Dedede
  • Olimar
  • Fox
  • Falco
  • Captain Falcon
  • Pikachu
  • Squirtle (Pokemon Trainer)
  • Ivysaur (Pokemon Trainer)
  • Charizard (Pokemon Trainer)
  • Jigglypuff
  • Marth
  • Ike
  • Ness
  • Lucas
  • Mr. Game & Watch
  • Snake
  • Sonic

Newcomers (17)
  • Little Mac
  • Mewtwo (new form)
  • Pokemon Gen 6 Rep
  • Isaac (Golden Sun)
  • Shulk
  • Takamura
  • Mii
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Tom Nook
  • Chrom
  • Saki Amamiya
  • Captain Syrup
  • Ridley
  • Paper Mario
  • Character from new Retro Studios game (will edit upon its announcement)
  • The Wonderful 101 leader
  • Pac Man

Assist Trophies
  • Tempo
  • Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
  • Magnus
  • Rosalina
  • The Prince (Katamari Damacy)
  • Chargin' Chuck
  • Pac Man ghosts
  • Rambi the Rhinoceros
  • Miniblin Horde (Wind Waker)
  • Professor Layton

Pokeballs
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Wailord
  • Genesect
  • Victini
  • Zoroark
  • Keldeo
  • Braviary
  • Gen 6 Pokemon
  • Gen 6 Pokemon

Stages
  • Golden Sun Lighthouse
  • Mii Plaza
  • Nintendo Land
  • Takamura's Castle
  • Pac Man stage inspired by first level of Pac Man
  • Yarn Yoshi stage
  • Mario Galaxy Planetoids
  • Punch Out Boxing Ring

Items
  • Power Pellet (Pac Man)
  • Vulnerary (Fire Emblem)
  • Bull Pot (Wario World)
  • Beetle (Skyward Sword)
  • New Power Up Introduced in New 3D Mario

Nemesis_

Is there any explicit reason why we haven't got an Animal Crossing character yet? They would take a little bit to translate properly to a good moveset, but besides that?

Neiteio

Huh, I didn't consider Tharja (FE Awakening). Nintendo LOVES that character. Not only was she like the favorite character of every IntSys dev in the 8-4 interview (which probably explains why she's so beastly), but they made a figure of her:

fce865040767e63ff1dcc6695514f352-528x759.jpg

Honestly, she'd be an AMAZING character. She's a unique personality with a distinct look -- we need some raven-haired ladies to break up the blondes. And as a Dark Mage with a twisted sense of humor, she could concoct all sorts of arcane spells for her attacks. She was an absolute beast in Awakening, and I'd love to control her directly in Smash.

Put her in along with Chrom and Lucina... Make Ike and Marth paid DLC. Only obstacle for Tharja is they'd have to strike the right balance so her mesh suit doesn't come off too provocative in a game also featuring Pikachu, lol.

Is there any explicit reason why we haven't got an Animal Crossing character yet? They would take a little bit to translate properly to a good moveset, but besides that?

Sakurai said he doesn't see them as fighters, but that was right after Brawl's release years ago. He may have possibly changed his mind by now. I'd love to see Nook dishing out a good beatdown.

Snakey

Hmm, interesting to see Lyn up there. Did the poll have a lot of characters or something? Because those percentages seem low. I'm pulled between Lyn or Lucina, now. Either would be nice.

Lyn is only 0.2% ahead of Eirika of all people, the results are really weird. I am really surprised about how low Ike is. He is even lower than Leaf for crying out loud. Marth and Roy being incredibly high up is now surprise. Those two probably had the most popular FE13 re-designs, and I can that is honestly deserved.

Marthdlc_img.jpg

DlcRoyKakusei.jpg

SmithnCo

I think Sakurai considered it a more passive series; like they wouldn't fight.

Kinda a lame excuse though, an AC character could be funny. Fishing rod grapple, using other tools, maybe furniture, etc.

Can you come up with a good moveset? I sure can't. They could have K.K. Slider beating up the other characters with his guitar, but that's about it.

Honestly, she'd be an AMAZING character. She's a unique personality with a distinct look -- we need some raven-haired ladies to break up the blondes. And as a Dark Mage with a twisted sense of humor, she could concoct all sorts of arcane spells for her attacks. She was an absolute beast in Awakening, and I'd love to control her directly in Smash.
Agreed, I love Tharja. <3

But I don't think she's a likely newcomer at all. Like, not even a remote chance.

Snakey

Roy looks great, Marth looks like a girl.

I still want Lucina. >_>

Roy's re-design was done by the character designer for The Last Story.

Marth's re-design was done by the character designer for FE9/FE10.

Marth has always looked effeminate in Smash Bros., so this design would not be out of place. Also, Marth getting in with this design would make a Lucina alternate costume very feasible (they would just need to give the model longer hair, and a voice change).

Total: 50 Characters (Unlockable characters marked with *)

Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Toad
Bowser

Link
Zelda + Sheik
Ganondorf*
Toon Link*

Pikachu
Jigglypuff*
Red (Ivysaur + Squirtle + Charizard)
Mewtwo*
Lucario
Genesect*

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Samus + Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Fox McCloud
Falco Lombardi
Wolf O'Donnell*

Yoshi

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool*

Wario

Ness*
Lucas

Captain Falcon*

Pikmin & Olimar

Pit
Palutena

Marth*
Chrom
Ike

R.O.B.*
Mr. Game & Watch*
Mii

Ice Climbers
Takamaru
Balloonist*

Little Mac
Tom Nook
Shulk

Snake*
Sonic*
Pac-Man*
Megaman*

Will add other stuff here in a bit.

I'm not saying Little Mac won't get in the game, just that he's not a lock. Saying "boxers work fine in other fighters" doesn't really matter for Smash Bros. because of how different Smash Bros. is. I don't think you could make a character who only fights with punches as visually interesting as one who does nothing but swing a sword. The only interesting mechanical idea I've ever heard for Mac is incorporating his dodge as a special move that could be used to power up his star punches.

RE: Marth - if they're going to put Marth into the game
why not just put Lucina and let her alternate between forms. Everyone thought it was Marth prior to Awakening being released anyway.

That wouldn't be Marth, though.

The producer of the series (or whoever it was that Sakurai consulted about Animal Crossing during Brawl's development) is against the idea of making characters from that series into fighters, and Sakurai said he agreed with him.

Sadsic

Can you come up with a good moveset? I sure can't. They could have K.K. Slider beating up the other characters with his guitar, but that's about it.

I think having the animal crossing boy/girl using all the various tools in the game like the shovel and bug net could work

NeonZ

It was a single poll for all 120 legacy characters in Awakening (the later DLC added two extras, but it was made after they already had the popularity results), no division by gender or anything else. So, there were many choices. Also, here's the result for Awakening's actual characters.

Favorite Male Character:

1 - Chrom (11.2%)
2 - Owain (8.9%)
3 - Gaius (8.8%)
4 - Henry (7.8%)
5 - Avatar (6.6%)
6 - Inigo (5.2%)
7 - Virion (5%)
8 - Frederick (4.8%)
9 - Lon'qu (4.3%)
10 - Gregor (4%)
10 - Gerome (4%)
12 - Stahl (3.6%)
13 - Libra (3.3%)
14 - Brady (3.2%)
15 - Morgan (M) (2.9%)
16 - Gangrel (2.7%)
17 - Vaike (1.7%)
17 - Donnel (1.7%)
17 - Basilio (1.7%)
20 - Yarne (1.6%)
20 - Laurent (1.6%)
22 - Yen'fay (1.3%)
23 - Kellam (1.2%)
24 - Priam (0.9%)
24 - None (0.9%)
26 - Walhart (0.7%)
27 - Ricken (0.3%)

Favorite Female:

1 - Lucina (15%)
2 - Cordelia (10.1%)
3 - Avatar (9.9%)
4 - Tharja (8.4%)
5 - Sumia (6.8%)
6 - Olivia (6.1%)
7 - Lissa (5.9%)
8 - Cherche (5.5%)
9 - Morgan (F) (4.3%)
10 - Severa (3.6%)
11 - Maribelle (3.3%)
11 - Noire (3.3%)
11 - Tiki (3.3%)
14 - Nowi (3.2%)
15 - Miriel (3.2%)
16 - Nah (1.4%)
17 - Sully (1.3%)
18 - Panne (0.9%)
18 - Anna (0.9%)
18 - Cynthia (0.9%)
21 - Say'ri (0.7%)
21 - Kjelle (0.7%)
23 - Flavia (0.6%)
23 - Emmeryn (0.6%)
25 - Aversa (0.3%)
26 - None

Neiteio

Tharja will be in the game in some form. At a minimum, she will be an Assist Trophy, because she's just so damn popular with players worldwide, and she's the favorite at IntSys.

As far as her playability prospects go, it's not hard to see the mechanical potential in a dark spellcaster such as Tharja. It's more a matter of priority with the limited roster space.

Honestly, I think they should make Ike and Marth free DLC "legacy" characters (or paid, whatever), and have Chrom and Lucina as re-skinned, re-balanced clones (of Ike and Marth, respectively) that take their place on the default roster. Then make fan-and-dev-favorite Tharja an unlockable.

Violet_0

Banned
There was a user named Shorts who passed along a character poll for Smash 4 among the various Smash Bros. communities on the internet (SmashBoards, GameFAQs, NeoGAF, Reddit, 4chan, Neoseeker, Tumblr, and various other places), and here are the most recent results he posted for it:

there's so many things wrong with this list
Ridley not number 1? smh. Baby Bowser? KRYSTAL!? Get out!
The only good King K. Rool design is the DKC2 version and he carries a gun in that one. Trixie on the other hand will forever be the best character in the series

The producer of the series (or whoever it was that Sakurai consulted about Animal Crossing during Brawl's development) is against the idea of making characters from that series into fighters, and Sakurai said he agreed with him.

This makes me so angry and sad at the same time. Animal Crossing is a huge series for Nintendo, and I think it would be so fun to play as an AC character.

But whatever Sakurai. I guess it doesn't make sense to play as an Animal Crossing character even though there are characters like Game & Watch and R.O.B. (who I love). The possibility of eccentric, unusual characters is what makes Smash fun for me.

SmithnCo

I think having the animal crossing boy/girl using all the various tools in the game like the shovel and bug net could work

Yeah, it would actually be pretty easy to translate into a moveset, though if the producer is against it, that kinda defeats that idea.

I think I'll replace Lissa with Tharja in my assist trophy section... makes more sense now.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.

Magnus isn't irrelevant. His appearance, personality, and attributes are unique. His Club is one of the best weapons in Kid Icarus Uprising. His time in the chapters and teaming with Pit are memorably great. With Sakurai having no plans for future installments in the series, it would be a shame to exclude him and have him disappear from relevancy.

As far as her playability prospects go, it's not hard to see the mechanical potential in a dark spellcaster such as Tharja. Its more a matter of priority with the limited roster space.
I think Kamek would be an interesting choice for this very reason. But considering he wasn't even MENTIONED in the previous three Super Smash bros. games, his chances aren't too good.

Magnus isn't irrelevant. His appearance, personality, and attributes are unique. His Club is one of the best weapons in Kid Icarus Uprising. His time in the chapters and teaming with Pit are memorably great. With Sakurai having no plans for future installments in the series, it would be a shame to exclude him and have him disappear from relevancy.
So is Birdo, but that doesn't make her a likely newcomer. Magnus appears in 3/25 chapters in one game that didn't sell very well. Come on now, how selfish do you think Sakurai is?

Snakey

there's so many things wrong with this list
Ridley not number 1? smh. Baby Bowser? KRYSTAL!? Get out!
The only good King K. Rool design is the DKC2 version and he carries a gun in that one. Trixie on the other hand will forever be the best character in the series

Ridley not being the single most wanted character is understandable. Mega Man and Mewtwo are certainly more well known than Ridley is.

Also, that's Bowser Jr, not Baby Bowser. Bowser Jr. has been having important roles in Mario platformers since Sunshine.

Also, I am not a fan of Krystal either, but she is probably the second most wanted female newcomer for Smash 4 according to that poll (Palutena is definitely the most wanted).

TreIII

Mario series
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Roy (the Koopaling, to give NSMB some representation)
Peach
Yoshi

Wario Land/WarioWare
Wario
Ashley
Captain Syrup

Donkey Kong series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
K. Rool

Legend of Zelda series
Link
Zelda
Sheik (transformation)
Ganondorf
LTTP2 Link (replacing Toon/Kid Link)
Ganon (classic blue boar with trident)

Pokemon series
Pikachu
Pokémon Trainer's Charizard
Pokémon Trainer's Squirtle
Pokémon Trainer's Ivysaur
Mewtwo
Mewtow's new Forme (as a transformation for Mewtwo)
Lucario
Pokémon X/Y rep
Jigglypuff

Metroid series
Samus
Zero Suit Samus (transformation)

Kirby series
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Marx

Kid Icarus series
Pit
Palutena
Hades

Pikmin
Olimar

Fire Emblem series
Marth
Chrom
Lucina

Starfox series
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Leon

F-Zero series
Captain Falcon

Mother series
Ness
Lucas
Giyig/Giegue

Game & Watch
Mr. Game & Watch

Robotic Operating Buddy
R.O.B.

Ice Climbers
Ice Climbers

Guests
Sonic
Snake
Pac-Man
Bayonetta

*NEW Series*

The Wonderful 101
Red Hero

Xenoblade
Shulk

Snakey

Honestly, I think they should make Ike and Marth free DLC "legacy" characters (or paid, whatever), and have Chrom and Lucina as re-skinned, re-balanced clones (of Ike and Marth, respectively) that take their place on the default roster. Then make fan-and-dev-favorite Tharja an unlockable.

Marth WILL NEVER be cut for anyone. And as it stands, Roy is far more wanted than Chrom and Lucina.

I think its more likely to be the other way around. Chrom and Lucina would be alternate costumes for Marth and Ike.

He is a cool character in his own game, but there are a lot of more prominent characters from the same game that could potentially be included in Smash Bros., and there's nothing Magnus can do that Ike doesn't already do. I can maybe see him getting in as an Ike clone the same way Melee had a few weird character choices as clones, but that's it.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Marth has always looked effeminate in Smash Bros., so this design would not be out of place. Also, Marth getting in with this design would make a Lucina alternate costume very feasible (they would just need to give the model longer hair, and a voice change).

Why would they make a character's alternate costume a different character? You're forgetting basic principles.

Neiteio

In regards to Kid Icarus Uprising, I think the following would be awesome:

Palutena and Medusa FROM THE START. Two non-blonde female characters with very different personalities, each with the legacy factor dating back to the original KIU, with new designs by Sakurai himself.

Then...

HADES appears. He could show up unexpectedly just like in KIU, and steal the show (once again) as a secret character.

This way you'd have four KI characters: Pit and Palutena on the good team, and Medusa and Hades on the evil team (if you want to call them a "team," lol).

SmithnCo

The idea of a Warioware character is something I didn't really consider, but that would actually be pretty cool. Ashley or Jimmy T, maybe. They could somehow translate the series' manic style into their moveset.

Nemesis_

I chose Kamek because I feel like he is the closest thing Yoshi has to a villain and would be fairly easy to implement.

And given how much publicity Yoshi is getting it seemed like they would implement a character from the series.

Snakey

Why would they make a character's alternate costume a different character? You're forgetting basic principles.

That is the reason why I can't see it happening. Marth is far away more important and ioonic to the series than Lucina is, so no way is she bumping him out. He was the main protagonist of FOUR games in the series.

The idea of a Warioware character is something I didn't really consider, but that would actually be pretty cool. Ashley or Jimmy T, maybe. They could somehow translate the series' manic style into their moveset.
Ashley is by far the most popular WarioWare character (not including Wario himself), but I wouldn't expect either one.

Nemesis_

Kat and Ana could work as Ice Climber type characters I suppose?

The more I think about it the more I can't believe the Ice Climbers actually got in in the first place lol

Speedwagon

He is a cool character in his own game, but there are a lot of more prominent characters from the same game that could potentially be included in Smash Bros., and there's nothing Magnus can do that Ike doesn't already do. I can maybe see him getting in as an Ike clone the same way Melee had a few weird character choices as clones, but that's it.

Well some people think Ike is going to be replaced. If so, he would fit right in. Even if they didn't replace Ike, it wouldn't be weird to have him as a clone just as Ganondorf is to Captain Falcon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom